Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8700824 times)

redraobetaks, I HATE WHERE I LIVE, RayLaFleur, douchenozzle and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #31530 on: September 30, 2018, 11:09:15 AM »
There isn't a "figure out my feet" thread so I'm doing it here. If I'm mostly 9.5 in Vans, 10 in Nikes, and 10.5 in Busenitz pro, what am I in the Lucas? I hear long toe box, but I'm not sure what that means since I have to go big with the Busenitz. My local does not have a 9.5, 10 or 10.5 to try on.

Go for the 10.5, for me they fit like the Busenitz, great shoe overall but the insoles suck. I skated them with a lunarlon insole, they're to narrow for the ultracush HD

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #31531 on: September 30, 2018, 11:39:02 AM »
Expand Quote
There isn't a "figure out my feet" thread so I'm doing it here. If I'm mostly 9.5 in Vans, 10 in Nikes, and 10.5 in Busenitz pro, what am I in the Lucas? I hear long toe box, but I'm not sure what that means since I have to go big with the Busenitz. My local does not have a 9.5, 10 or 10.5 to try on.
[close]

Go for the 10.5, for me they fit like the Busenitz, great shoe overall but the insoles suck. I skated them with a lunarlon insole, they're to narrow for the ultracush HD

Wut? How is your heel not slipping out all the time? The collar shape is way too low for thick insoles IMO.
In terms of sizing, I would go for the 10 in SFB case, but I have skinny ass feet. The Lucas fit bigger on me compared to busenitz, they are not as padded. Also, they have a short toe box and a long eyestay so you can widden up the laces more than in most shoes.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #31532 on: September 30, 2018, 01:38:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Wut? How is your heel not slipping out all the time? The collar shape is way too low for thick insoles IMO.
In terms of sizing, I would go for the 10 in SFB case, but I have skinny ass feet. The Lucas fit bigger on me compared to busenitz, they are not as padded. Also, they have a short toe box and a long eyestay so you can widden up the laces more than in most shoes.

I have a huge feet (like frodo of LOTR) That's why they didn't slip.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #31533 on: September 30, 2018, 02:45:06 PM »
It's 2018, there's an app for everything, and we still have to ask people what size shoe to buy. Who wants to team up and program a shoe size app for me? You do all the work. It'll be a sick 3D imaging app for your foot, and it will correspond to the right size shoe 100% of the time.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #31534 on: September 30, 2018, 02:48:05 PM »
I am a 10 in everything and 9.5 in the Lucas with a little bit of room to spare. They are indeed long in the toebox and a 10 was a sloppy fit with a shit ton of heel slip. But it all depends on how you like your shoes to fit, I'd try them on first.

EDIT: What I mean by "long in the toebox" is this:

In a size 10 (my usual shoe size) Lucas, the shoe fits decently everywhere but in the toebox. There is way too much room. As a result, it doesn't provide the right heel lock. I had to step down to 9.5. So in the 9.5, the shoe fits me a little more snug everywhere but gives me the normal space in the toebox and the right heel lock.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 02:54:14 PM by heritage »

fixedgearbike

• Rep: -16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31535 on: September 30, 2018, 03:13:44 PM »
Are cons still a full size down from your normal size?

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #31536 on: September 30, 2018, 03:26:21 PM »
Are cons still a full size down from your normal size?
I bought a pair of the ones that had pink suede under the canvas last year and they were a full size down. Dunno if it's changed with the new insole though.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #31537 on: September 30, 2018, 04:38:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Well, Finally... A Lakai Catalog that doesn't look like cartoonish garbage.
[close]
They probably have some ugly collabs that they’ll announce before releasing, so there’s still time for them to disappoint you.
[close]
you're not wrong, but the new Theories collab has a howard select looking shoe that is CLEAN
[close]

Why are they doing a Theories collab?  That seems odd...

Am I being blind I couldn’t see a Theories collab.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #31538 on: September 30, 2018, 06:34:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
They probably have some ugly collabs that they’ll announce before releasing, so there’s still time for them to disappoint you.
[close]
you're not wrong, but the new Theories collab has a howard select looking shoe that is CLEAN
[close]

[close]

pretty sure there is state x theories soon.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #31539 on: September 30, 2018, 06:38:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

the ad's in the latest issue of thrasher

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 17
« Reply #31540 on: September 30, 2018, 09:57:11 PM »
Anyone have any pictures of the new Gillette shoe? He's skating a pool in something intriguing looking in the stories on Former today, but it's hard to tell what it is. I want so badly for there to be a good looking and skating cupsole from Huf.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 03:42:12 PM by Curbyourenthusiasm »

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #31541 on: October 01, 2018, 03:58:47 AM »

Not sure if ABP but are we finally getting some all suede old skools? It's hard to tell from this picture but they look like suede to me. I don't know how anyone is skating the ones with the canvas side wall.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 04:00:58 AM by colt cannon lunchbox »

micky682

« Reply #31542 on: October 01, 2018, 04:09:03 AM »
Lots of shoe goo my friend.

Coolhats

« Reply #31543 on: October 01, 2018, 04:46:48 AM »

Not sure if ABP but are we finally getting some all suede old skools? It's hard to tell from this picture but they look like suede to me. I don't know how anyone is skating the ones with the canvas side wall.

These are cool. I use super glue on all my shoes, once they start to get a hole just put a little on and smooth it out. It works the same as shoe goo but it doesn’t look as crazy.

Pigeon

« Reply #31544 on: October 01, 2018, 06:48:14 AM »
^
I’ve skated a couple different pro colorways of the Old Skool and they were all suede. They have better insoles than the regular ones and are a bit more padded. However, the ones with the canvas on the sides feel better. One of the pro pairs I had kind of dig into my heels because the rubbery-plastic-shit in the heel area tore through the fabric, after it snapped. That never happened to me in a regular pair of Old Skool, so maybe I’m a bit biased.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #31545 on: October 01, 2018, 11:12:17 AM »
my favorite pair of vans ever were the kelly green barbee old skool 92s

perfect shape and the pigskin was top quality

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #31546 on: October 01, 2018, 12:09:57 PM »
I had (and still have) these, the suede was amazing but I hated how quickly the sole of my pushing foot blew out. I'd get another pair if they'd fucking fix that issue.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

shit_for_brains

« Reply #31547 on: October 01, 2018, 12:46:21 PM »
Thank you everyone for your advice on the Lucas sizing. I took how everyone had a different opinion and got some Busenitz.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #31548 on: October 01, 2018, 12:54:11 PM »
Thank you everyone for your advice on the Lucas sizing. I took how everyone had a different opinion and got some Busenitz.

LOL SFB - I was reading through everyone's opinion (mine included) and just sort of laughed because it's all over the place. Whoever said the 1/2 size UP for the lucas was giving you probably the shittiest advice possible. Search out old lucas threads if u ever have a few minutes. It's been discussed a few times. Consensus is people either go tts or half DOWN. Seems split down the middle. The shoe definitely runs a bit big. You'd have sloppy clown shoes going half size up in those.

Anyway, glad you found some shoes you liked.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #31549 on: October 01, 2018, 03:03:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

LOL SFB - I was reading through everyone's opinion (mine included) and just sort of laughed because it's all over the place. Whoever said the 1/2 size UP for the lucas was giving you probably the shittiest advice possible. Search out old lucas threads if u ever have a few minutes. It's been discussed a few times. Consensus is people either go tts or half DOWN. Seems split down the middle. The shoe definitely runs a bit big. You'd have sloppy clown shoes going half size up in those.

Anyway, glad you found some shoes you liked.

Yeah, I thought the consensus was that adidas are pretty much always a half/whole size bigger than most.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31550 on: October 02, 2018, 02:53:18 AM »
Latest Supreme x Vans drops this week

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #31551 on: October 02, 2018, 10:43:44 AM »

GET BORN

• Rep: 1
« Reply #31552 on: October 02, 2018, 11:24:52 AM »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #31553 on: October 02, 2018, 11:31:37 AM »

rip louis b.k.

• Rep: 15
  • im fadies
« Reply #31554 on: October 02, 2018, 01:02:27 PM »
those are cute, i'd cop, tryna look like a middle schooler who skates solely frog boards

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #31555 on: October 02, 2018, 01:42:33 PM »
Kids will eat it up.. ..it's pumpkin season..

Pigeon

« Reply #31556 on: October 02, 2018, 04:32:48 PM »
Too bad you can’t get those in a mall. Hot Topic would be the place to find matching clothes.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #31558 on: October 03, 2018, 03:16:20 AM »

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 114
« Reply #31559 on: October 03, 2018, 05:27:20 AM »

It's Gore-Tex.  You know about Gore-Tex?
Enjoy your life.