Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8694777 times)

douchenozzle and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

finecojeffe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 129
    • Fine-Co avatar image
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #47070 on: December 08, 2022, 05:18:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
eS need to re release the original Creager pro model. Those who skated that shoe understand this argument...

And the SLB mid, fuck that was an amazing shoe.
[close]

Didn’t the SLB mid already get rereleased someone recently?
[close]

It was re released around 5 years ago and it was way thinner than original SLB Mid and on Accel Slim outsole.
[close]

Yeah that was the Sal 23 wasn't it? Did they also re release the mid with the built in sock? The one Bob was always getting it done in. Damn it, if yes, I loved that shoe back in the day...

Sal 23 unreal too, but that's common knowledge.

Edit: just re read your post, it was the mid. Unfortunate they did a light version of it, please don't do that with the Creager, Kelly, if you read this.
they rereleased the 23 too, a few years before the mid. I still have a pair in size 10 in white, but their 10's fit a little small so I'm probably never wearing them.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #47071 on: December 08, 2022, 09:51:34 AM »
Expand Quote
eS need to re release the original Creager pro model. Those who skated that shoe understand this argument...

[close]

Creager pro model in its original form is being released later next year.

Air bubble included? Based on recent history.. it would be surprising that they don't swap a sole for this?

Terminal

« Reply #47072 on: December 08, 2022, 10:25:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Creager pro model in its original form is being released later next year.

[close]

Air bubble included? Based on recent history.. it would be surprising that they don't swap a sole for this?
I'm going to live in hope that original means original. Salty as fuck if it's not, no sale.

Edit: if you look closely at that pic Commander posted you can see the airbag hole. Here's hoping 🤞

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47073 on: December 08, 2022, 10:30:31 AM »
The Creager is pretty much a 1:1 reissue. With the air bubble. It's also going to be hella expensive.

Terminal

« Reply #47074 on: December 08, 2022, 10:35:27 AM »
The Creager is pretty much a 1:1 reissue. With the air bubble. It's also going to be hella expensive.
Thanks for the intel Watson. This is good news, except the price. From memory, it wasn't that cheap back in it's day either...

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47075 on: December 08, 2022, 10:38:22 AM »
The 1:1 kinda bums me out though that they would make a proper sole and shape for the Creager but not for the K1.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #47076 on: December 08, 2022, 10:40:39 AM »
It’s probably because they know they can’t get Koston to promote the K1 but can get Creager to promote his shoe so it feels worth the investment.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47077 on: December 08, 2022, 10:45:06 AM »
Oh yeah I definitely considered that but it still bums me out. K1 is probably the most desired reissue of all time so it seems like a disservice to the fans, the shoe, and the brand itself to put out a half ass version of it. The problem is that if this is the version we got, we may never get a true version because when would they do it after running this version for a couple years. I wouldn't even care if it were a little slimmer, I just want the basic shape and the sole to look right.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #47078 on: December 08, 2022, 10:47:16 AM »

sadly like the Lynx OG's, the eS koston remake they'll be expensive and sold out quickly
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #47079 on: December 08, 2022, 01:59:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Has the Lizzy moved in to fill the space of weird old skool clones now that Trujillo most likely won’t ever get a shoe again?
[close]

Seems like there are only so many different versions of something with a suede toe cap and the Vans side line, but I guess there is always someone wanting to do something more or have their own versions of the old classic.

Maybe I am just boring, but I would be happy with the simple black / white Old Skool and Sk8 Low for the rest of my days, as I have enough of them anyway.

I remember when the AV Sk8 Low came out - same normal profile without the side stripe, and it was an instant hit and sold out everywhere that I saw.  Something like that always works though.

Still have a couple of these too.

[close]
Those were the best! I constantly look them up on eBay, I so badly wish vans would bring them back
[close]
Still got a pair of the black suede/ canvas checker board and I really think they are pinnacle vans(at least as far as vulc goes). The foxing has hemp or something in it and the insoles are better than anything they've made since. Also seem to have known how to make the shoe the right size for the insole which is something they've apparently forgotten in recent years.

So. Jealous.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #47080 on: December 08, 2022, 02:53:53 PM »

I recon big Willy is rocking the Lynx HE

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #47081 on: December 08, 2022, 03:30:09 PM »

These should make a comeback, I did the best flip tricks of my life in a pair of these with a 7.8 City Milligan board…

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #47082 on: December 08, 2022, 05:49:25 PM »
Anyone know of any new Nora colorways coming up? I dig the white enough but three different versions and a basic black/white is a bit limited/limiting.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47083 on: December 08, 2022, 06:07:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Has the Lizzy moved in to fill the space of weird old skool clones now that Trujillo most likely won’t ever get a shoe again?
[close]

Seems like there are only so many different versions of something with a suede toe cap and the Vans side line, but I guess there is always someone wanting to do something more or have their own versions of the old classic.

Maybe I am just boring, but I would be happy with the simple black / white Old Skool and Sk8 Low for the rest of my days, as I have enough of them anyway.

I remember when the AV Sk8 Low came out - same normal profile without the side stripe, and it was an instant hit and sold out everywhere that I saw.  Something like that always works though.

[close]
Those were the best! I constantly look them up on eBay, I so badly wish vans would bring them back
[close]
Still got a pair of the black suede/ canvas checker board and I really think they are pinnacle vans(at least as far as vulc goes). The foxing has hemp or something in it and the insoles are better than anything they've made since. Also seem to have known how to make the shoe the right size for the insole which is something they've apparently forgotten in recent years.
[close]

So. Jealous.

The thick but flat rubber / foam insoles from shoes of that era are still what I use in all my shoes nowdays too, stripping out the classic shoes and making them pro shoes.

To be fair though the current Sk8 Low shoe is a really good one for my foot and I have seen some people cut off the side stripe, although I would not go that far, but blacking it out really changes the look of the shoe as well, making it way more simplified.  Even putting in black laces instead of white ones gives it a more low key look.

With the new "Skate" version of the Sk8 Low and Old Skool I have, they are a super solid long lasting shoe, but to me there is always something about a flat black upper on a white trim sole that gets me every time.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #47084 on: December 08, 2022, 06:40:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

So. Jealous.
[close]

The thick but flat rubber / foam insoles from shoes of that era are still what I use in all my shoes nowdays too, stripping out the classic shoes and making them pro shoes.

To be fair though the current Sk8 Low shoe is a really good one for my foot and I have seen some people cut off the side stripe, although I would not go that far, but blacking it out really changes the look of the shoe as well, making it way more simplified.  Even putting in black laces instead of white ones gives it a more low key look.

With the new "Skate" version of the Sk8 Low and Old Skool I have, they are a super solid long lasting shoe, but to me there is always something about a flat black upper on a white trim sole that gets me every time.

This is exactly what I do. I have a pair of TNT 2 insoles that I've put 15-20,000kms into, possibly even more. I think they've ended up in every pair of workbooks I've had since 07 and probably 98% of skate shoes and apart from the cloth on top being almost completely gone they're still pretty much perfect

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #47085 on: December 09, 2022, 05:35:57 AM »
Oh yeah I definitely considered that but it still bums me out. K1 is probably the most desired reissue of all time so it seems like a disservice to the fans, the shoe, and the brand itself to put out a half ass version of it. The problem is that if this is the version we got, we may never get a true version because when would they do it after running this version for a couple years. I wouldn't even care if it were a little slimmer, I just want the basic shape and the sole to look right.

This is exactly how I feel about the Sal 23. That reissue they did a few years ago on the Accel Slim sole was all wrong, but I feel confident we'll never see it again because they already did it, and I don't imagine it sold very well. I wish they'd try it again with a better sole and more accurate proportions, even if it's not 1:1.

douchenozzle

• Rep: 32
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #47086 on: December 09, 2022, 08:40:24 AM »

I havent rocked a pair of DC in decades, but these were one of my all time favorites when they first were around. Anyone know if they have decent insoles for their skate shoes?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #47087 on: December 09, 2022, 08:55:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I havent rocked a pair of DC in decades, but these were one of my all time favorites when they first were around. Anyone know if they have decent insoles for their skate shoes?
I think generally just an ortholite in a cupsole shoe. The unilite they use for midsoles is pretty decent tho

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #47088 on: December 09, 2022, 01:19:40 PM »
Yeah they don't have much going on in the insole, but I've never felt like putting an insert in DCs. They feel pretty supportive. If you need arch support, it's a different story.

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #47089 on: December 09, 2022, 03:37:52 PM »
Does anyone have catalog pics of those Spanly Highs?
The emerica vid has me wanting a pair.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
« Reply #47090 on: December 10, 2022, 07:46:41 AM »
Yeah they don't have much going on in the insole, but I've never felt like putting an insert in DCs. They feel pretty supportive. If you need arch support, it's a different story.

Even then, they’re solid shoes for that too.
Picked up some of Kalis’ latest shoe a year or two ago and boy were they supportive.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #47091 on: December 10, 2022, 07:51:42 AM »
I've been trying to find the Spanky G6 in black or white in a U.S. 10 if anyone has a source

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #47092 on: December 10, 2022, 08:29:57 AM »
I've been trying to find the Spanky G6 in black or white in a U.S. 10 if anyone has a source

When I wrote spanks G6 on tactics. There’s a black white that pops up and says image coming soon but when you click on it it takes you to the orange. So maybe tactics will be getting a restock soon?

jwdharris

• Rep: -4
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #47093 on: December 11, 2022, 12:52:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When I wrote spanks G6 on tactics. There’s a black white that pops up and says image coming soon but when you click on it it takes you to the orange. So maybe tactics will be getting a restock soon?

I don’t think they’re making that colourway anymore. There’s some charcoal leather ones out in Spring, though.

The light blue colour is so nice in person. I picked up two pairs of those.

FS_Overcrook

• Rep: 10
« Reply #47094 on: December 11, 2022, 01:10:29 PM »

Holistic has the original colorway in Black/Green/White

https://holisticskateshop.com/products/emerica-ksl-g6-black?utm_source=copyToPasteBoard&utm_medium=product-links&utm_content=web

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 537
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #47095 on: December 11, 2022, 03:51:11 PM »
I think he means the Spanky, the previous g6 release

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #47096 on: December 11, 2022, 04:03:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

So. Jealous.
[close]

In another life I think we were somehow best friends.   I LOVE the sk8low, and definitely did the cut the logo off too. I’m getting another pair soon (for Xmas). Nobody seems to talk about the sk8 low enough.

FS_Overcrook

• Rep: 10
« Reply #47097 on: December 11, 2022, 04:45:01 PM »

They also have the Spanky G6, but only in the Wine colorway. Would look sick to spray paint them black and skate through to the burgundy/wine.

https://holisticskateshop.com/products/emerica-spanky-g6-wine?utm_source=copyToPasteBoard&utm_medium=product-links&utm_content=web

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #47098 on: December 11, 2022, 04:56:30 PM »
*Spanly

jdholmes

• Rep: 4
« Reply #47099 on: December 11, 2022, 10:26:43 PM »

DC Rick Howard reissue, 6th slide. Anyone have release details on these??