Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8684666 times)

410, GT (+ 1 Hidden) and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Dopethrone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20

YMCMB

• Rep: 51
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #48091 on: March 24, 2023, 09:28:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Was at the local today when the Vans rep was showing of some shoes.   Not sure how pre-booking works so maybe they’re just samples to test shops interests, so I don’t want to be eXpLiciT with what I saw, but I was interested and I think ROWAN might be TWO
[close]

I remember seeing someone post new XLTs earlier this year, pretty sure they were samples on Rowley's ig story. If those actually drop sometime this year I'd cop for sure, because their attempt to cash in on the fat shoe trend with the new knu skools felt off for me. The proportions are nearly identical to old skools, it's like if they took an old skool and crammed more padding in the tongue and achilles without make anything wider.
XLT confirmed along with Rowan 2, which looks closer to a AF1 than a dunk like some thought.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #48092 on: March 24, 2023, 11:56:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Was at the local today when the Vans rep was showing of some shoes.   Not sure how pre-booking works so maybe they’re just samples to test shops interests, so I don’t want to be eXpLiciT with what I saw, but I was interested and I think ROWAN might be TWO
[close]

I remember seeing someone post new XLTs earlier this year, pretty sure they were samples on Rowley's ig story. If those actually drop sometime this year I'd cop for sure, because their attempt to cash in on the fat shoe trend with the new knu skools felt off for me. The proportions are nearly identical to old skools, it's like if they took an old skool and crammed more padding in the tongue and achilles without make anything wider.
[close]
XLT confirmed along with Rowan 2, which looks closer to a AF1 than a dunk like some thought.

the XLT was white leather (or whatever) colorway.  Everyone commented on it when they came through the shop, so it seemed popular enough to be granted

i thought Rowan 2 looked like a slightly more tech Rowan 1, like the next stage in the Pokemon evolution.  Instantly identifiable bc it has the same toe cap shape

Saw a new MC96 colorway (the classic blue/white Guy wears in Mouse)

Also spied what could be a Zabha mid

lots of good color ways for the classic models

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #48093 on: March 24, 2023, 12:03:36 PM »
Man if the XLTs are really getting reissued, I'm buying so many pairs.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

linty

• Rep: 36
« Reply #48094 on: March 24, 2023, 12:10:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Ehh I dunno - feels more Frog wanna be than actual Sheep brand.   Bring back EDs shoe the merino
[close]

if they ever re-released those i might just buy my first sole tech shoes in 8 years
éS already did.

Keswicks were great.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #48095 on: March 24, 2023, 06:01:56 PM »
Good look at the sablone pro model.

Also here’s Rowan skating the Rowan 2s.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cp7kJo5DKuV/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #48096 on: March 24, 2023, 06:44:20 PM »

Cupsole?

jdholmes

• Rep: 4
« Reply #48097 on: March 24, 2023, 07:18:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

the XLT was white leather (or whatever) colorway.  Everyone commented on it when they came through the shop, so it seemed popular enough to be granted

i thought Rowan 2 looked like a slightly more tech Rowan 1, like the next stage in the Pokemon evolution.  Instantly identifiable bc it has the same toe cap shape

You are goated for dropping that info on the Carroll colorway.

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #48098 on: March 24, 2023, 07:42:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Ehh I dunno - feels more Frog wanna be than actual Sheep brand.   Bring back EDs shoe the merino
[close]

if they ever re-released those i might just buy my first sole tech shoes in 8 years
[close]
éS already did.

Keswicks were great.

Emerica did a similar upper to the Sheep model close to a decade ago, it was called the Jinx. One of the only vulc shoes i wore that absolutely refused to die, but eventually were lost from a one night stand gone wrong.

Good shoe though.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #48099 on: March 24, 2023, 07:46:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Cupsole?

This looks like a shoe a had in college but with a strap, converse was putting out a ton of “cons” shit early on. I got them from Ross, and I don’t remember the name

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 758
« Reply #48100 on: March 25, 2023, 04:30:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
éS already did.

Keswicks were great.
[close]

Emerica did a similar upper to the Sheep model close to a decade ago, it was called the Jinx. One of the only vulc shoes i wore that absolutely refused to die, but eventually were lost from a one night stand gone wrong.

Good shoe though.

nah both of those shoes are nothing like the merinos, the keswicks are kinda similar but they just don’t look as good.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #48101 on: March 25, 2023, 11:36:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
éS already did.

Keswicks were great.
[close]

Good shoe though.
[close]

nah both of those shoes are nothing like the merinos, the keswicks are kinda similar but they just don’t look as good.

you're right that the es Keswicks look similar to the Sheep Merino, and they look x20 better.

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #48102 on: March 25, 2023, 11:53:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
éS already did.

Keswicks were great.
[close]

Good shoe though.
[close]

[close]

you're right that the es Keswicks look similar to the Sheep Merino, and they look x20 better.

you're right, apologies. I found a better photo of the Merino and, initially looking at the one posted here, couldnt clearly see it has a toe box that doesnt go into the tongue, like the Jinx did having one piece wrap around the ollie area and also help form the tongue.

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 22
« Reply #48103 on: March 25, 2023, 09:15:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Im excited to try the Rowan 2, any word when they drop?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48104 on: March 26, 2023, 12:45:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Everything seemed to be the holiday line.   Doesn’t mean they won’t drop before that

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #48105 on: March 26, 2023, 05:06:45 AM »
Expand Quote

I wish they didn’t have that horrendous gigantic E on the side. To me, that might be one of the ugliest logos on a shoe ever. I’m in agreement with the other poster here, they should just remake the original sheep shoe.

I don’t necessarily mind the E. I like it better than the logo on the side of the etnies Fader. I dont like the doodles. I don’t understand how a true reissue of a shoe is so hard. Sheep had a pretty solid line up.

Someone give me a thesaurus. I don’t know any other contradictions than don’t.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 07:49:00 AM by Big Baby Jesus »
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

CreepySweaty

• Rep: 60
  • i am mitchie brusco i have done the 1080
« Reply #48106 on: March 26, 2023, 10:43:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Looks like they are pushing the Zahba pretty hard. Anybody know if the Wayvee is on its way out? I think it is a good shoe with a lot of bad colorways.

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Everything seemed to be the holiday line.   Doesn’t mean they won’t drop before that

Pasta Monster

« Reply #48107 on: March 29, 2023, 11:07:39 AM »

Here is a better look at the Quasi x Crockett shoe where the dark brown is more noticeable. I was already happy with them but finding the brown laces made it even better.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 309
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #48108 on: March 29, 2023, 01:56:28 PM »

Here is a better look at the Quasi x Crockett shoe where the dark brown is more noticeable. I was already happy with them but finding the brown laces made it even better.
looks so good. what's the official drop date for these guys again?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48109 on: March 29, 2023, 03:06:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
looks so good. what's the official drop date for these guys again?

4/13

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #48110 on: March 29, 2023, 05:08:27 PM »
those crocketts look yummy, cookies and cream, mmmmmm!

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image

eSK3

« Reply #48112 on: April 03, 2023, 08:07:36 AM »
Looks like a vulc Stan Smith with a rubber toe cap 🤢 🛑

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #48113 on: April 03, 2023, 08:50:39 AM »
is it not just the AV Classic without the ollie patch?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #48114 on: April 03, 2023, 09:43:30 AM »
It reminds me of the Vans Versa but with a rubber toe cap.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #48115 on: April 03, 2023, 10:53:11 AM »
It's a Vans style 31, the OG VM03.

Predates last resort by a few decades.

uesty

• Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #48116 on: April 03, 2023, 11:14:27 AM »
uploading pictures

Alltimers fastbreaks

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #48117 on: April 03, 2023, 11:17:47 AM »

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -48
« Reply #48118 on: April 03, 2023, 11:38:28 AM »
Those vans look nothing like vm003 in my opinion

eSK3

« Reply #48119 on: April 03, 2023, 11:39:45 AM »
uploading pictures

Alltimers fastbreaks

Lazy collab. Triple black and boot laces…hard pass.