Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8789555 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #30450 on: May 27, 2018, 09:40:43 AM »
Sk.A.T.A.N., do you know if they're keeping the Suciu 2's around for awhile?  I think it's way better than his first shoe, and I actually appreciate the Adiprene insole, unlike most.  I work on my feet 40 hours a week and have to wear dress shoes at work, so my 34 going on 60 year old feet and knees love the support of the adiprene.  I'm just wondering if I need to brace myself for it being discontinued, or if I should stock up?

I actually dont know but I'm gonna check tomorrow and shoot you a PM.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #30451 on: May 27, 2018, 01:11:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Sk.A.T.A.N., do you know if they're keeping the Suciu 2's around for awhile?  I think it's way better than his first shoe, and I actually appreciate the Adiprene insole, unlike most.  I work on my feet 40 hours a week and have to wear dress shoes at work, so my 34 going on 60 year old feet and knees love the support of the adiprene.  I'm just wondering if I need to brace myself for it being discontinued, or if I should stock up?

I actually dont know but I'm gonna check tomorrow and shoot you a PM.
[close]

Thanks man!

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #30452 on: May 29, 2018, 08:54:08 AM »
I’m gonna go ahead and re-up my request for a fall and/or holiday DC catalog.

Otis Fatona-Pinet

• Rep: -12
« Reply #30453 on: May 29, 2018, 05:49:31 PM »
Think most of these catalogs have been posted cept the 90's Etnies one, but there is some pretty dope stuff!

https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #30454 on: May 29, 2018, 08:09:10 PM »
Think most of these catalogs have been posted cept the 90's Etnies one, but there is some pretty dope stuff!

Damn shoutout to the philly dudes who set back footwear progression for the sake of nostalgia. These won’t sell at all and all look like shit. Also with how awful that emerica line up looks I might believe that 2019 going under rumor.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #30455 on: May 29, 2018, 11:42:52 PM »
On feet

wasn't Tiago skating these in SLS the other day. also with a Droors shirt?

Dude really looked like he came straight out of 1999.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #30456 on: May 30, 2018, 09:13:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn shoutout to the philly dudes who set back footwear progression for the sake of nostalgia. These won’t sell at all and all look like shit. Also with how awful that emerica line up looks I might believe that 2019 going under rumor.

i was in a shop in baltimore last week and i guy was asking why they didnt have the dc retro shoes. the owner said they did but they didnt sell at all and had to heavily discount them to get rid of them.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #30457 on: May 30, 2018, 09:59:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i was in a shop in baltimore last week and i guy was asking why they didnt have the dc retro shoes. the owner said they did but they didnt sell at all and had to heavily discount them to get rid of them.
What retro DCs? The Lynx that haven't been out that long? The dime collab ones? All of those went quick.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2325
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30458 on: May 30, 2018, 10:59:32 AM »
Ahahah the Etnies Czar. One of the ugliest skate shoes of all time. The #bringbackthepuff kooks better save some nut from their balls after jizzing all over the eS Scheme.

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30459 on: May 30, 2018, 11:19:29 AM »
Ahahah the Etnies Czar. One of the ugliest skate shoes of all time. The #bringbackthepuff kooks better save some nut from their balls after jizzing all over the eS Scheme.

Those were the “cute” ones that raver chicks wore with fat laces to go with their crop tops and wide leg jeans.

I had a pair in size 13 in 9th or 10th grade because I still bought shoes big at that point, not realizing my feet were done growing.  They had to laced literally as tight as was physically possible to make skating feasible.  I do remember doing some decent kickflips in them, and they weren’t as huge as my size 13 DVS Getz’s.  Realizing I was a size 12 took like 18 months too long and was quite the revaluation.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 11:24:55 AM by Hypnotoad »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #30460 on: May 30, 2018, 12:38:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Those were the “cute” ones that raver chicks wore with fat laces to go with their crop tops and wide leg jeans.

I had a pair in size 13 in 9th or 10th grade because I still bought shoes big at that point, not realizing my feet were done growing.  They had to laced literally as tight as was physically possible to make skating feasible.  I do remember doing some decent kickflips in them, and they weren’t as huge as my size 13 DVS Getz’s.  Realizing I was a size 12 took like 18 months too long and was quite the revaluation.
Rambo tied

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #30461 on: May 30, 2018, 01:02:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
What retro DCs? The Lynx that haven't been out that long? The dime collab ones? All of those went quick.

i dont think any was specified. maybe like hate suggested it was those dumb danny ways but they were talking about the sabotage guys so i assumed it was the lynx or something. now that i think about it he may have been saying DC in general werent selling and not specifying it was the retros.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #30462 on: May 30, 2018, 01:12:41 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #30463 on: May 30, 2018, 01:50:36 PM »
I for one enjoy seeing the Wenning & Kalis cosplays, these dudes don't know how hilarious they look. Also saw Lynx reissues this week at Ross so I guess that tells you how well they're actually selling.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #30464 on: May 30, 2018, 02:34:32 PM »
Hahaha Pac Sun specials! Cool they tried to bring back the old sole pattern on the Lo-Cut, but it's not the same without the two tone color blocking.

berries and a twig

• Rep: -7
  • fucking steak
« Reply #30465 on: May 30, 2018, 02:48:03 PM »
I for one enjoy seeing the Wenning & Kalis cosplays, these dudes don't know how hilarious they look. Also saw Lynx reissues this week at Ross so I guess that tells you how well they're actually selling.

i hate seeing all the kids that copy dylan, especially that shean padlo kid to bad hes not as handsome. and that austin gillete guy aw man I hate when people copy others style. I specificly buy basket ball shoes to skate in because I absolutely HATE being influenced by other skaters its the worst. I bought businetz once and tried skating fast but now i just look like him so i sold them to a guy i met on grindr

also pretty sure the whole selling the retro kicks on sale at a shop is bull shit all the shops ive talked to said they sold out and any they didnt sell DC was willing to take back, the Dway sold out online the day it dropped. So to be honest you kinda sound like you got your shit backwards bud.
Shouldn’t it be “Cory Kennedy off Nike”?  Pretty sure there’s a way to edit titles of threads.

berries and a twig

• Rep: -7
  • fucking steak
« Reply #30466 on: May 30, 2018, 02:52:06 PM »

Also Winners had some pairs in Canada and some homies that get rep flow DC picked them up and told the rep or whoever and long story short is some dip shit at the DC warehouse sent a whole shipment of product to the ross winners companies instead of a box full of random shit that was supposed to be sent to ross and winner. Basically what I heard for Canada atleast is some DC employees were scowering the winners trying to buy them all up before it caught attention, which is the explanation for that.
Shouldn’t it be “Cory Kennedy off Nike”?  Pretty sure there’s a way to edit titles of threads.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Die Slow
« Reply #30467 on: May 30, 2018, 03:10:47 PM »
I don't live in Canada and I have no idea what Winners is.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #30468 on: May 30, 2018, 03:11:14 PM »
Couldn't find them for love nor money in my size here. Sold out real quick.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Die Slow
« Reply #30469 on: May 30, 2018, 03:24:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Couldn't find them for love nor money in my size here. Sold out real quick.
What size do you wear? I might go back tomorrow and can check. They had 8-12

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #30470 on: May 30, 2018, 03:30:26 PM »
I don't live in Canada and I have no idea what Winners is.
Basically the Canadian version of TJ Maxx.

Bucketguy

• Rep: 19
« Reply #30471 on: May 30, 2018, 05:13:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Also Winners had some pairs in Canada and some homies that get rep flow DC picked them up and told the rep or whoever and long story short is some dip shit at the DC warehouse sent a whole shipment of product to the ross winners companies instead of a box full of random shit that was supposed to be sent to ross and winner. Basically what I heard for Canada atleast is some DC employees were scowering the winners trying to buy them all up before it caught attention, which is the explanation for that.
In red deer, alberta we had boat loads of both colors of the dime shoes. The local shop didn’t have them.
I was gonna go buy a bunch up to re sell on the internet, but didn’t wanna end up sitting on them forever

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30472 on: May 30, 2018, 06:51:01 PM »
Legacy reissue sold so-so.
Danny Way didn't sell good but better than I expected.
Lynx sold crazy fast and all the rest of the colours will as well.
Kalis and Stevie reissues are going to sell out crazy fast.

How much were these Lynx selling for at Ross? If I saw them I would buy every pair and flip them. Legacies too if they were cheap enough but Winners usually isn't that cheap anymore.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #30473 on: May 30, 2018, 08:00:34 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30474 on: May 31, 2018, 12:55:18 AM »

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #30475 on: May 31, 2018, 07:21:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i hate seeing all the kids that copy dylan, especially that shean padlo kid to bad hes not as handsome. and that austin gillete guy aw man I hate when people copy others style. I specificly buy basket ball shoes to skate in because I absolutely HATE being influenced by other skaters its the worst. I bought businetz once and tried skating fast but now i just look like him so i sold them to a guy i met on grindr

also pretty sure the whole selling the retro kicks on sale at a shop is bull shit all the shops ive talked to said they sold out and any they didnt sell DC was willing to take back, the Dway sold out online the day it dropped. So to be honest you kinda sound like you got your shit backwards bud.
they were prob willing to take back the retro lynx or DW but those puffy dime dcs that look like air max 95s have been sitting in skate shops (even in philly for a while)

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30476 on: May 31, 2018, 11:37:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
they were prob willing to take back the retro lynx or DW but those puffy dime dcs that look like air max 95s have been sitting in skate shops (even in philly for a while)

Not at our shop. We didn't even have to ask for a return. They just had a specified selling period and when it was done they contacted us, asked what sizes we had, and arranged for a return pick up. They've also been really good on the Lynx and DW1. Checking what sizes we have left and shuffling sizes around to other shops that need them/may not need them. Maybe DC Canada is just killing it more.

I was quite hesitant to carry DC at the shop again but I gotta say customer service wise working with the shops, right now they're blowing away every other company out there.

Leaky McBurnside

« Reply #30477 on: May 31, 2018, 01:04:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Please let us know what revolutionary new footwear you are wearing.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #30478 on: May 31, 2018, 03:15:40 PM »
the new Birdman shit from Lakairwalk. i think they're sick lol

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #30479 on: May 31, 2018, 03:43:45 PM »
the new Birdman shit from Lakairwalk. i think they're sick lol

At least is a risky shoe, not my cup of tea but I like it.