Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8732693 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #39510 on: October 09, 2020, 11:42:34 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #39511 on: October 10, 2020, 06:30:56 AM »

Is it a cup? Or just a different colorway?

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #39512 on: October 10, 2020, 07:05:15 AM »
Pardon my ignorance but what does Nico do? I know he skates but I’ve only seen like a clip or two of him. Is he just Insta famous?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #39513 on: October 10, 2020, 07:13:36 AM »
Gazelle ADV. I like that they kept it looking like a standard gazelle, that Samba skate a few years ago looked a bit crazy. I think it has the same sole as the 3MC.

I remember seeing those ADV’s like over a year ago at the showroom where Adidas presents upcoming seasons and being super stocked that they kept the updates to the minimum. From what I remember the tongue was slightly more padded, had a better insole and the 3MC outsole that I actually never skated but it’s definitely an improvement over the OG that is way too shallow (the gazelle super with Alltimers actually had that outsole already). I also think I recall noticing that the foxing tape was like twice as thick compared to the really thin on the OG (but I might be wrong). To me is a much better approach than what they tried to do with the Campus ADV which I’m not a fan (that eyesore heelpiece :'( ). Some things just need minimum updates and not overthinking. The gazelle is probably my fav classic adidas shoe and my go to beater so I’ll be buying a bunch of those I’m pretty sure.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #39514 on: October 10, 2020, 07:19:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Ellington pro show I guess for the Chinese shoe company. 

[close]
Li-Ning

Really curious to see how those look like. Li-ning is doing some batshit crazy stuff on the streetwear/sneaker field, so I wanna see them shake up the stale skate side of things too...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #39515 on: October 10, 2020, 07:29:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

the sole looks like its a wrap around faux tape, so id guess its a vulc still, and just another colorway

Wonderful Whizzplank

• Rep: 8
« Reply #39516 on: October 10, 2020, 12:22:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Gazelle ADV. I like that they kept it looking like a standard gazelle, that Samba skate a few years ago looked a bit crazy. I think it has the same sole as the 3MC.

[close]

I remember seeing those ADV’s like over a year ago at the showroom where Adidas presents upcoming seasons and being super stocked that they kept the updates to the minimum. From what I remember the tongue was slightly more padded, had a better insole and the 3MC outsole that I actually never skated but it’s definitely an improvement over the OG that is way too shallow (the gazelle super with Alltimers actually had that outsole already). I also think I recall noticing that the foxing tape was like twice as thick compared to the really thin on the OG (but I might be wrong). To me is a much better approach than what they tried to do with the Campus ADV which I’m not a fan (that eyesore heelpiece :'( ). Some things just need minimum updates and not overthinking. The gazelle is probably my fav classic adidas shoe and my go to beater so I’ll be buying a bunch of those I’m pretty sure.

If I can be pedantic, these are a pretty good simulacrum of the gazelle not the gazelle og - the og being the thin tape bois. Also, didn't they cut the heel counter from the recent campus ADV colourways? It's the mile long tongue that bugs me on that model, personally.
Total newbie

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #39517 on: October 10, 2020, 12:24:16 PM »
Already in store!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #39518 on: October 10, 2020, 01:05:21 PM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

If I can be pedantic, these are a pretty good simulacrum of the gazelle not the gazelle og - the og being the thin tape bois. Also, didn't they cut the heel counter from the recent campus ADV colourways? It's the mile long tongue that bugs me on that model, personally.

Well, I know it’s not the actual OG, I just meant it as the one that people recognise as the “normal” gazelle, which is actually the gazelle II. They did got rid of the heel counter on the new seasons of the Campus ADV (I think there’s a blue colorway out already), but I also didn’t really like the fit of the shoe when I tried it. I don’t remember about the tongue on it but the Campus 80’s (which is the version it is based on) has a really long tongue too.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 36
« Reply #39519 on: October 10, 2020, 01:09:35 PM »

Has anyone here skated Clearweathers at all? Some of their models look pretty decent actually but they're not exactly the kind of brand I'd want to get behind unless the quality was exceptionally good

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #39520 on: October 10, 2020, 01:13:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

the sole looks like its a wrap around faux tape, so id guess its a vulc still, and just another colorway

I think it’s still their VLK sole, which they originally marketed as a vulc/cupsole hybrid with a vulc feeling toe with a thicker, more cupsole-like heel. I like them a lot and like his color. Way better than the first colors Nico did.

I think he’s an influencer but he was skating for Illegal Civ for a while I think. Might still be but I’m not sure.

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #39521 on: October 10, 2020, 04:26:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Has anyone here skated Clearweathers at all? Some of their models look pretty decent actually but they're not exactly the kind of brand I'd want to get behind unless the quality was exceptionally good

Don't waste your time, they are garbage. Sole is incredibly thin and seams bust in one session.

The Morrie

• Rep: 4
« Reply #39522 on: October 11, 2020, 03:10:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

This are so ugly looking but I'm almost sick enough of ripping my laces that I would consider them. I won't. But still.
[close]

i actually like the idea they're trying to run with.  At the least its something different.  My only gripe is the chucked up sole in the ollie/flick area. wtf is that?
[close]
this is the concept car of skate shoes

I could see Lutzka rocking these.......... or Manny..... both unironically

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #39523 on: October 11, 2020, 03:54:12 PM »
God awful and I like Asics

Missled Yutes

« Reply #39524 on: October 11, 2020, 07:43:06 PM »
Asics seemed like they started with something halfway decent, but then someone showed them a Bucky Lasek Genetics ad from like 2000 and they were like "fuck yeah"

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #39525 on: October 11, 2020, 08:43:02 PM »
Asics seemed like they started with something halfway decent, but then someone showed them a Bucky Lasek Genetics ad from like 2000 and they were like "fuck yeah"
probably not that far-fetched. This is coming from ASICS Japan and people here, especially those in design and fashion, tend to draw from a deep bag of references/ influences.
Not my cup of tea, but hey at least it’s not another black suede vulc with a white sole!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Diocletian

« Reply #39526 on: October 12, 2020, 09:53:59 AM »
Already in store!

These are really sick, I'm not into skating sport company shoes but I'm not all "core or die" about it. I would consider these for my first Adidas skate shoes, though.

Mongoloid

« Reply #39527 on: October 12, 2020, 04:19:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
probably not that far-fetched. This is coming from ASICS Japan and people here, especially those in design and fashion, tend to draw from a deep bag of references/ influences.
Not my cup of tea, but hey at least it’s not another black suede vulc with a white sole!

I’ve witnessed firsthand the monstrosity that is the Japanese attempting to do spaghetti and pizza, and I’ll never be able to sleep soundly ever again.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #39528 on: October 12, 2020, 05:02:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Already in store!

[close]

These are really sick, I'm not into skating sport company shoes but I'm not all "core or die" about it. I would consider these for my first Adidas skate shoes, though.
These look great, but sort of look like they have the same issue as the Campus ADV where they lower the collar of the shoe super low so your foot doesn't fit deep enough into the shoe. Classic Campus and Gazelles feel like normal shoe's but the ADV versions always seem like low-low tops.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #39529 on: October 12, 2020, 06:02:24 PM »
Tyshawn is previewing a Thrasher collab of the Tyshawns on his IG story right now, if someone could grab a screenshot that would be tight.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #39530 on: October 12, 2020, 06:18:04 PM »

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #39531 on: October 12, 2020, 07:37:18 PM »

thanks g, would gnar

i dont know how i feel about these. i think i hate em.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #39532 on: October 12, 2020, 08:52:29 PM »
Those EE Li-Ning's look pretty crazy, but pretty cool in full. Vid is on Spanky's story.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #39533 on: October 12, 2020, 09:12:42 PM »
Spanking mentioned on the Nine club that Emerica is planning to re release his first shoe.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39534 on: October 12, 2020, 09:30:11 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #39535 on: October 12, 2020, 10:35:37 PM »
Spanking mentioned on the Nine club that Emerica is planning to re release his first shoe.
Yeah it's going to be an updated version but it will still look a lot like the OG KSL and have that pour-in G6 midsole in there as well.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39536 on: October 12, 2020, 10:46:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah it's going to be an updated version but it will still look a lot like the OG KSL and have that pour-in G6 midsole in there as well.

Hopefully the black/white/green colorway will drop as well. I remember I skated a couple of those.

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #39537 on: October 12, 2020, 11:04:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Hopefully the black/white/green colorway will drop as well. I remember I skated a couple of those.
;)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #39538 on: October 12, 2020, 11:32:39 PM »
Fuck, does that mean we are getting closer to a Ed Templeton 1 reissue @EmericaTM ?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #39539 on: October 12, 2020, 11:34:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
;)
I don't want to get my hopes up.... but I'm getting my hopes up! It's the fucking catalina wine mixer but with the KSL! I'm excited to see this one and any other G6 cupsoles in the future, new or revamped models!
Super Champion Fun Zone