Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8690949 times)

switch209

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #41460 on: March 26, 2021, 09:10:04 PM »

I’m not a fan of es in any aspect , but for some reason I find these tempting.
If they made an off white suede pair on a white sole, I’d probably bite.

I think there is one either available or coming out, behind Kelly in the Jaws stop and chat he has what looks like a white suede pair with white sole.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41461 on: March 27, 2021, 11:17:27 AM »
Here is the white leather gum sole pair that just dropped.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #41462 on: March 27, 2021, 01:06:57 PM »
Going to be receiving the "skate" half cabs in the near future. I'll let you guys know how the shitty plastic-looking sole and updated tread that nobody asked for perform.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41463 on: March 27, 2021, 04:48:18 PM »
Going to be receiving the "skate" half cabs in the near future. I'll let you guys know how the shitty plastic-looking sole and updated tread that nobody asked for perform.
It can't be worst than that "upgrade" years ago, that one which has a little black triangle on the inside part like in the middle of the sole.
Anyone remember?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #41464 on: March 27, 2021, 04:52:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It can't be worst than that "upgrade" years ago, that one which has a little black triangle on the inside part like in the middle of the sole.
Anyone remember?

Had the grosso eras and sk8 mids like that and the soles blew out in under 2 weeks
p-shuvs and v-flips

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1025
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41465 on: March 27, 2021, 05:46:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Anyone remember?
[close]

Had the grosso eras and sk8 mids like that and the soles blew out in under 2 weeks

Yes those things went to the absolute softest soles and were thinner than the normal ones too, hence the life of the shoe being about half the normal / classic soles.  That was when the colour of the sole went a lot darker too, so even now to see a darker sole, I think I will keep them as chillers more than skate in them.

I still have quite a few pairs of those, but am almost too afraid to skate them as I know they will blow out so quickly.

That new sole on the Skate line is really tough and long lasting, but not too tough and thick that you cannot feel the board still, so it might be a win for most people.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #41466 on: March 27, 2021, 06:14:22 PM »
Got the vans "skate" slip on this week and walked down the block to grab a cup of coffee and my achilles were bloody as hell by the time I got back. Sizing feel fine but the heel gave me such bad blisters.

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #41467 on: March 27, 2021, 10:51:40 PM »
Got the vans "skate" slip on this week and walked down the block to grab a cup of coffee and my achilles were bloody as hell by the time I got back. Sizing feel fine but the heel gave me such bad blisters.
damn, were you wearing socks?
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

foureyedjim

« Reply #41468 on: March 27, 2021, 10:52:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Anyone know what the deal with these is? I've been looking for them since this post but have only seen them up at 3 places as of today and my size is sold out before I even see that they're up. No dice locally either. Are they limited and that's just how it's gonna be or are they just not widely available yet but will be later?

I bought a pair at atlas in san mateo today.  Not sure what their stock is like. 

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1306
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #41469 on: March 27, 2021, 11:12:18 PM »
^Thanks I ordered a pair from Atlas a couple of days ago.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #41470 on: March 28, 2021, 05:51:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yup, kinda thin ones too. I've worn a 8 in vans pro slip ons for years with no problem. These are unbearable.

Staggerd

• Rep: 0
« Reply #41471 on: March 28, 2021, 09:25:25 AM »
I had purchased a pair of skate half cabs recently, and they fit pretty good when I tried them out in the shop. I have wide feet, as in I wear wide width shoes. However, I went to go skate them and I had to change shoes within 10 minutes because the elastics were crushing my midfoot even though I even put a thinner insole to give my foot more room.  I'll probably just snip them and hope the tongue doesn't go wild while I skate.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #41472 on: March 28, 2021, 09:55:12 AM »
It really sucks that Vans seemed to think they had to reinvent the wheel for this all new "skate" line. If they fuck with the Crockett High. That shoe is perfect the way it is.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #41473 on: March 28, 2021, 10:06:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yup, kinda thin ones too. I've worn a 8 in vans pro slip ons for years with no problem. These are unbearable.
sheesh that's a shame man, thanks for that input
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

kostikannu

• Rep: 2
« Reply #41474 on: March 28, 2021, 02:16:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Had to write to tell I have the same problem on my Old Skools. Got the worst blisters because the red lining on the heel digs into my feet so violently. The shoes are kinda stiff so maybe I just have to be more patient with the break-in period...

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #41475 on: March 28, 2021, 05:15:32 PM »
Everyone’s favorite Ben degros just gave the skate classic old skool a good review. Said 10% improvement over previous old skool pro

foureyedjim

« Reply #41476 on: March 28, 2021, 07:58:43 PM »
Shoes just aren't made to be worn by everyone.  I don't have a "wide" foot so the half cabs felt fine skating today. 
In fact I rolled up to the park and two of the homies were wearing the exact same shoe in black/white lol.

I will say, old skools have always sucked to break in for me.  Blisters at the base of the pinky toe and achilles. 

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #41477 on: March 28, 2021, 08:28:13 PM »
Vans skate line has to break in" is gonna be the new "Size down for converse." A little surprised there's no mention of it in any copy or anything, given that the Pros didn't take long at all, but I guess that's the point of changing the name in the first place. I wish we had someone like Rothmeyer but for Vans product here
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Staggerd

• Rep: 0
« Reply #41478 on: March 28, 2021, 08:35:56 PM »
Shoes just aren't made to be worn by everyone.  I don't have a "wide" foot so the half cabs felt fine skating today. 
In fact I rolled up to the park and two of the homies were wearing the exact same shoe in black/white lol.

I will say, old skools have always sucked to break in for me.  Blisters at the base of the pinky toe and achilles.
For sure, and to be clear I wasn't bashing the skate half cabs, my feet are all sorts of fucked up.  I did happen to change the lacing though by not using the metal eyelets and loosening them up a bit which gave my foot some more room.  I managed to make them comfortable enough to not cut the elastic I think. The half cabs are probably fine for even wide feet top be honest, and in hind sight I'm probably just an imbecile who can't tell that I've tightened my laces too much.

However, the new popcush insole is significantly better in my experience.  The original was too high in the heel, so I always swapped them out. The new version is thinner in the heel, which makes me not want to instantly throw them away.  I still prefer a flatter insole, but I'm probably going to keep them in when I get around to really skating the half cabs.

lovecurbs_brazil

• Rep: 4
« Reply #41479 on: March 28, 2021, 09:47:25 PM »
For the ones who liked the new HUF x Street Fighter collab, a brazilian skateboard shoe brand also made a collab, resulting on pretty shoes. Check it out on their IG. ÖUS is very original in their design.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #41480 on: March 28, 2021, 11:44:49 PM »
For the ones who liked the new HUF x Street Fighter collab, a brazilian skateboard shoe brand also made a collab, resulting on pretty shoes. Check it out on their IG. ÖUS is very original in their design.

i really want to try ous but they are so expensive to ship to canada

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #41481 on: March 29, 2021, 05:10:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
i really want to try ous but they are so expensive to ship to canada
They are great shoes to skate in, doesn't fit my taste but the model i skated was called the Tenente, they were a low and thin vulcanized shoe, and damn they last a long time. Great materials and overall quality.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #41482 on: March 29, 2021, 06:17:04 AM »

I just bought the black/gum colorway but I might buy these and keep em on ice.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

lovecurbs_brazil

• Rep: 4
« Reply #41483 on: March 29, 2021, 06:58:05 AM »
love these és too, they're doing good stuff being simple

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
« Reply #41484 on: March 29, 2021, 08:21:43 AM »
More colors of those Vans crocs just went up on zappos
https://www.zappos.com/p/vans-trek-slip-on-grape-leaf/product/9477201/color/84403

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #41485 on: March 29, 2021, 10:23:03 AM »
https://www.zappos.com/p/vans-trek-slip-on-grape-leaf/product/9477201/color/84403

Again why are this in a thread about skateboard shoes?
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #41486 on: March 29, 2021, 10:29:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

because its a new model based on a skateboard shoe?

also, its Vans...also who the fuck cares?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #41487 on: March 29, 2021, 03:23:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

@Youoverthere I'm really interested in getting the black gum ones or black and white. Did they fit you tts? How is the cushioning/support in the forefoot? I found accel slims far too thin and hard for my sad, old feets and prefer something with more comfort.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #41488 on: March 29, 2021, 04:05:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

@Youoverthere I'm really interested in getting the black gum ones or black and white. Did they fit you tts? How is the cushioning/support in the forefoot? I found accel slims far too thin and hard for my sad, old feets and prefer something with more comfort.

I had to go up 1/2 size in both colours. Nothing at all like Accel Slims. Much puffier with a super puff tongue, sole is thicker too. Super comfy.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #41489 on: March 29, 2021, 04:08:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You have a D3 in your avatar. I don't think you have the authority to say what is and isn't a skate shoe.