Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8732425 times)

MusclesMarinara, SupremePizza, big_kev_215 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

twic3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #44160 on: January 20, 2022, 01:50:10 PM »

They dont look too bad here...

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44161 on: January 20, 2022, 02:03:51 PM »
They look even worse there.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #44162 on: January 20, 2022, 02:52:54 PM »
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

ShutYoMouthFoo

• Rep: -12
« Reply #44163 on: January 20, 2022, 04:50:35 PM »

ShutYoMouthFoo

• Rep: -12
« Reply #44164 on: January 20, 2022, 04:52:31 PM »
I’m sorry but whoever greenlit those adidas needs to be fired. Ugliest shoe I’ve seen in awhile. Looks like a Payless shoe you would get for a three year old. Could just be those atrocious teeth looking things on the sole though.

douchenozzle

• Rep: 30
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #44165 on: January 20, 2022, 05:05:46 PM »
Everyone doesn’t want to offend a slap pal but won’t question his taste in shoes by green lighting a shoe even Burberry Erry would be offended by

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #44166 on: January 20, 2022, 06:53:58 PM »
should’ve just let that thing sit in the archives where it belongs. SKATAN on poor taste confirmed

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #44167 on: January 20, 2022, 07:15:13 PM »

They dont look too bad here...

They don’t exactly look good there either…

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 287
« Reply #44168 on: January 20, 2022, 08:31:55 PM »
Shoes look like a dinosaur and a shark. I'm not wearing those.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #44169 on: January 20, 2022, 11:35:04 PM »
should’ve just let that thing sit in the archives where it belongs. SKATAN on poor taste confirmed

Ahahah you’re a lame little bitch ain’t you?! 
I hope you were able to sleep since I humiliated you last time in front of everybody in this thread. Seems like you can’t let it go, cause now you came back from the dead at the first chance you had to gang up with others posts and try put me down cause you got some beef with me, isn’t it? You fucking stinky ass hiena weasel.   ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #44170 on: January 21, 2022, 12:05:57 AM »
I could see why they would be a cult classic in Japan, not my personal style but if @Sk.A.T.A.N  was already a fan and managed to bring it back from the archives, then that’s a massive achievement from him. Congrats mate, now I just need you to get transferred to the SB department and work your magic on those Silas 1s lol

It actually kinda reminds me of a another tech model that lots of skaters rocked in Australia in the early 90s: the stripes were big and chunky but it looked more tech/ hiker inspired …. colorways were a lot darker too. Can’t remember the name of the model though. @Nth syd bear will know what I’m talking about

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #44171 on: January 21, 2022, 12:06:32 AM »
tbh I didnt expect many to like this shoe, it’s not supposed to be a crowd pleaser and more of a niche release. They really do look like some scaled up toddler’s shoe with crocodile teeth, I ain’t denying that… ahahah
It’s a weird ass shoe from an era where Adidas skateboarding was pretty much clueless and just did random shit.
It fascinates me cause it’s a bit of a “so bad that it’s good” design, but it’s also not trying to copy anything else, it’s 99% genuine design, polarising but not really derivative of anything (for the good and for the bad).
They are kinda like the Fiat Multipla of skate shoes  (I fuckin’ love that car) and that’s what makes them cool to me, and a bunch of Japanese dudes…  8)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #44172 on: January 21, 2022, 12:12:27 AM »
I could see why they would be a cult classic in Japan, not my personal style but if @Sk.A.T.A.N  was already a fan and managed to bring it back from the archives, then that’s a massive achievement from him. Congrats mate, now I just need you to get transferred to the SB department and work your magic on those Silas 1s lol

It actually kinda reminds me of a another tech model that lots of skaters rocked in Australia in the early 90s: the stripes were big and chunky but it looked more tech/ hiker inspired …. colorways were a lot darker too. Can’t remember the name of the model though. @Nth syd bear will know what I’m talking about

You probably mean the Norton. That one was pretty popular and ugly/cool too!   :D

**Needs a bring back next**

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #44173 on: January 21, 2022, 01:28:24 AM »
nah they fire

this colorway is my favorite but i like the black/orange a lot too, i’m bout to flex on y’all in the fit thread as soon as these come out

suhdude

• Rep: 10
« Reply #44174 on: January 21, 2022, 01:34:26 AM »
nah they fire

this colorway is great, i’m bout to flex on y’all in the fit thread as soon as these come out

Very dope colourway! I could easily see these having a place on the SB line. A little more of an eccentric model but still practical. You could see Heitor Da Silva blasting mega nollie heels in these.

thunderclap

• Rep: 1
« Reply #44175 on: January 21, 2022, 01:43:12 AM »
The adimatic is an Originals release, not a Skateboarding one.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #44176 on: January 21, 2022, 02:11:52 AM »
The adimatic is an Originals release, not a Skateboarding one.

yeah that first run is from the originals line but it's been said in this thread that a skateboarding release is also coming, just a little later

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #44177 on: January 21, 2022, 03:47:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You probably mean the Norton. That one was pretty popular and ugly/cool too!   :D

I had this colorway, so sick.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #44178 on: January 21, 2022, 04:17:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That's them @Gray Imp Sausage Metal

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #44179 on: January 21, 2022, 05:52:07 AM »
Thanks for that boys, that’s the one!
Seem to remember them looking sick in black

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #44180 on: January 21, 2022, 07:23:45 AM »
nah they fire

this colorway is my favorite but i like the black/orange a lot too, i’m bout to flex on y’all in the fit thread as soon as these come out

i have no gripes about the shoe itself, but this one angle in photos keeps making it look like a toddler shoe because of the fat lace/low eyelet count? of course i'm not the resident shoe designer, but i THINK that's what's throwing me?
cool to see the results of someone's passion project

Lo-fi Explosion

• Rep: 7
« Reply #44181 on: January 21, 2022, 07:25:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

That's them @Gray Imp Sausage Metal
I had those in beige! Ron whaley skated them in scs pack media, too!

90sDamiano

« Reply #44182 on: January 21, 2022, 09:34:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ahahah you’re a lame little bitch ain’t you?! 
I hope you were able to sleep since I humiliated you last time in front of everybody in this thread. Seems like you can’t let it go, cause now you came back from the dead at the first chance you had to gang up with others posts and try put me down cause you got some beef with me, isn’t it? You fucking stinky ass hiena weasel.   ;)

;D

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #44183 on: January 21, 2022, 09:53:04 AM »
tbh I didnt expect many to like this shoe, it’s not supposed to be a crowd pleaser and more of a niche release. They really do look like some scaled up toddler’s shoe with crocodile teeth, I ain’t denying that… ahahah
It’s a weird ass shoe from an era where Adidas skateboarding was pretty much clueless and just did random shit.
It fascinates me cause it’s a bit of a “so bad that it’s good” design, but it’s also not trying to copy anything else, it’s 99% genuine design, polarising but not really derivative of anything (for the good and for the bad).
They are kinda like the Fiat Multipla of skate shoes  (I fuckin’ love that car) and that’s what makes them cool to me, and a bunch of Japanese dudes…  8)

Just for the record, I think it’s rad that you’re so into them and brought them back.  I just haven’t thought about this shoe in 25 years and your pic jogged some memories.  I’d thought I’d imagined them.  Still trigged over Some Houston skaters not saying hi back haha
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

LebowskisRug

« Reply #44184 on: January 21, 2022, 10:19:45 AM »
How old are you SKATAN? My younger neighbor is super into 90’s fashion revival but none of us that lived through it seem to be. Maybe this is how it always is tho when styles come back around.

90sDamiano

« Reply #44185 on: January 21, 2022, 11:05:57 AM »

This reminds me of when I was in art school and someone would present a horrendous project to the class and some how justifies it so the professor just says, great job good for u you’re so different lol

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #44186 on: January 21, 2022, 11:11:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This reminds me of when I was in art school and someone would present a horrendous project to the class and some how justifies it so the professor just says, great job good for u you’re so different lol
^This is cap
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #44187 on: January 21, 2022, 11:31:18 AM »
How old are you SKATAN? My younger neighbor is super into 90’s fashion revival but none of us that lived through it seem to be. Maybe this is how it always is tho when styles come back around.

I was 2 when this shoe came out if that gives you a hint ahah
I do love most of the 90’s stuff that most people that lived through it dislike nowadays. I love Nu Metal, I love fat funny shoes, I love the ugly cars, I don’t know… it’s like some placebo nostalgia effect. Feels like I remember it all but I wasn’t really there(way to young to remember).
I think all those revival trends also come back because it’s fascinating to the younger generation, they just don’t have a biased view on old things. For them it’s all new since they weren’t there the first time around…

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #44188 on: January 21, 2022, 11:31:41 AM »
The funny thing about nostalgia fashion is that a lot of brands/people pick the most outrageous and ugliest styles of the time.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #44189 on: January 21, 2022, 11:40:00 AM »
The funny thing about nostalgia fashion is that a lot of brands/people pick the most outrageous and ugliest styles of the time.

I’m really afraid when girls start reviving the heinous early 00s fashions like dresses with jeans under them