Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8663920 times)

SWPhillyFloater and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #45630 on: June 30, 2022, 07:12:25 AM »
Imagine if they just made the accel og with its original proportions. Maybe even add the Kevlar Ollie guard to the triangle sole like they offered in fall of 96

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #45631 on: June 30, 2022, 07:15:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
change "emerica" to es or etnies in the url to see them as well.
[close]

The accels evolution are horrendous, I can't believe that they will make it into production
[close]

AHAHAHAHA look at those shits! Is Kelly Hart now designing shoes too?! ;D ;D
[close]

He should at least open his eyes when drawing them
[close]

These aren’t it, but here me out. There may be a market for a durable shoe, and those people don’t care about style.

But there are many options on the market where you get to have both.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #45632 on: June 30, 2022, 07:16:35 AM »
i did not expect to have a nostalgia boner for the Es Penny collection

how much are those jeans going for ya reckon?

Musicaldeath107

• Rep: 116
« Reply #45633 on: June 30, 2022, 07:38:26 AM »
The outsole looks really good imho
I also circle jerk sole tech too though so take that as you will…

Same and Same hahaha
That's the same outsole from the updated version of the Contract they released a few years back.

I honestly like these, it's very different.  I also bet that like the Evant it looks much better in person than in pictures.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #45634 on: June 30, 2022, 08:57:17 AM »
Imagine if they just made the accel og with its original proportions. Maybe even add the Kevlar Ollie guard to the triangle sole like they offered in fall of 96

Anti potato accel gang rise up!

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45635 on: June 30, 2022, 09:53:12 AM »
Don't remember seeing this one. Wino cup Servold. The Provost-Servold disparity in pro shoes is pretty confusing to me.

Edit: $103... Come on, guys.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #45636 on: June 30, 2022, 11:23:19 AM »
Damn. Really into those Dakota’s but have to cut back on buying new shit for a while. Fingers crossed I can find them in a month or two.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45637 on: June 30, 2022, 11:41:46 AM »
Ppl can mock axion 3.0 but I think they’ve found their footing (no pun) better than eS has

This is the sad truth of the skate shoe industry right now. We have established brands like eS who won't even make a proper last/sole for the Koston remake, then we have Axion which is basically as legit as Supra/Straye doing a way better job at producing their heritage models. (When they're not bastardizing them with terrible colours, making them mid, etc.)

Problem is with Axion is it's run by a bunch of kooks including this guy Steve Harden who used to work for Supra:

His instagram account is bizarre and embarrassing and I assume that's why Axion's is as well with thirst tagging Supreme and Hypebeast and Louis Vuitton in posts of their shoes as well as commenting on their own posts about how dope their shoes look.

https://www.instagram.com/axion_steve

If you look at their employees on Linkedin, it's pretty clear they're just a non-skate corporate entity masquerading as a beloved 90s shoe company. https://www.linkedin.com/company/axionfootwear?trk=public_profile_topcard-current-company

Not to mention how clueless they are. Labeling trick names wrong in photos then deleting the whole post, making a post on their story thinking that Val Kilmer is wearing Marianos in a movie that came out before Axion existed even though the shoe doesn't even look the same:

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread, this could easily be it's own thread. Just this brand is so pathetic that it makes me mad. Their reissues are pretty good but all the rest of their new models are basically just shitty new Supras.

Also Micky Papa rides for them. Woof.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #45638 on: June 30, 2022, 11:58:01 AM »
Don't remember seeing this one. Wino cup Servold. The Provost-Servold disparity in pro shoes is pretty confusing to me.

It’s steep. But normal wino cups are like $85 give or take. So this is $15 more for a wino cup that’s leather. It makes sense. But I don’t think I can skate a leather shoe. But these are tempting to buy as chill kinda casual date night type shoes.

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #45639 on: June 30, 2022, 12:23:24 PM »

In the defense the slip cup is already an expensive shoe due to how expensive the pour-in G6 technology is which is probably one of the best outsoles in skateboarding at the moment and this color way is full grain leather which both last longer and holds it's shape longer. So I understand why somebody would question a higher price tag but at least you know you're getting a higher quality product.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45640 on: June 30, 2022, 12:38:53 PM »
Damn beef skin prices these days, ey?. I get the justification, I just wonder if all the non shoe nerds out there do too. Hopefully!

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #45641 on: June 30, 2022, 05:16:02 PM »
How’s a leather shoe skate? I’ve only skated suede shoes.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45642 on: June 30, 2022, 05:24:20 PM »
It's definitely weird to see a slip-on with that high of a price-tag and I can understand it from the Winos (or canvas Vans slip or any other canvas slip on), but it makes sense when you think about it. I love my Slip-cups and for the first time in my life, am making an effort at stoking up in case they go away so if I can find these when I can, I'll buy a pair. From my personal experience, if you want a slim upper but a true cupsole, they're great.

I haven't skated leather in a while but have before and it was fine for me. As long as it's high quality and soft, it breaks in easy. Cheaper leather is too plasticy and stiff.

eSK3

« Reply #45643 on: June 30, 2022, 05:33:24 PM »
The core skate shoe world is so wack. Either the shoes are shitty(lakai) OR they have the money(sole tech) to make a good product we want AND then the ones that make the shoes people want(DC) but then make it limited smh LOL How is it thousands of people ask for the same 10 shoes and these corpo core companies don’t listen or refuse to spend the money and time…it’s frustrating. Just make me all the Sals, K1-3, Howard’s and Rudy’s and take this money I work hard for. 🤦🏽‍♂️✌🏽💆🏽‍♂️

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45644 on: June 30, 2022, 07:26:49 PM »
They have re-made those shoes and people didn't buy them. You think if people did, they wouldn't do it?

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #45645 on: June 30, 2022, 10:35:23 PM »
They have re-made those shoes and people didn't buy them. You think if people did, they wouldn't do it?

They don’t make them the same. They always screw them up somehow.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #45646 on: July 01, 2022, 12:13:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They don’t make them the same. They always screw them up somehow.

Nostalgia purists want 1:1s or at least damn close to it. Es keeps modernizing the reissues which is a 50/5] to be successful or flop. DC did it right but the market is still small in the chunky shoe buyers since people have largely moved away from it, even in spite of the 90s throwback right now happening across all forms of consumerism.
Super Champion Fun Zone

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #45647 on: July 01, 2022, 06:22:55 AM »

don't worry, they'll be in the sale section by December.

jdpetitpas

• Rep: 18
« Reply #45648 on: July 01, 2022, 06:23:53 AM »
Looks like the Figgy is getting the G6 treatment for spring 2023

Shuh

• Rep: 5
« Reply #45649 on: July 01, 2022, 06:44:24 AM »

Ah hell you cant tease me like that, leak the whole thing!

jdpetitpas

« Reply #45650 on: July 01, 2022, 07:13:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It has a password, you can only see the front page of the catalogue

Sick that they are taking the G6 soles and making it available for more models, kinda speaks for itself that it works and people like it.
I wonder if its going to have the same sole pattern and lines of the Reynods/Spanky/KSL/Wino, it'd be cool to see something different

jwdharris

• Rep: -4
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #45651 on: July 01, 2022, 08:21:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Sick that they are taking the G6 soles and making it available for more models, kinda speaks for itself that it works and people like it.
I wonder if its going to have the same sole pattern and lines of the Reynods/Spanky/KSL/Wino, it'd be cool to see something different

The Figgy has the same G6 sole as the Spanky/KSL/Reynolds. However, there is a new model out next year with a different G6 sole pattern which gives off a lot of Westgate vibes... for me at least. It looks sick.

Can't wait for the Spanky G6 hi.

jdpetitpas

« Reply #45652 on: July 01, 2022, 08:37:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

The Figgy has the same G6 sole as the Spanky/KSL/Reynolds. However, there is a new model out next year with a different G6 sole pattern which gives off a lot of Westgate vibes... for me at least. It looks sick.

Really? I don't think it does

Spanky/KSL/Reynolds have that little window on the sole where you can see the Pour-In G6, the Figgy doesn't.
And on the site it doesn't say G6 for the Figgy, just says "Full Length Midsole". I think that they'd put it out there if it was G6

jwdharris

« Reply #45653 on: July 01, 2022, 08:52:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Spanky/KSL/Reynolds have that little window on the sole where you can see the Pour-In G6, the Figgy doesn't.
And on the site it doesn't say G6 for the Figgy, just says "Full Length Midsole". I think that they'd put it out there if it was G6

Sorry, I was referring to the Figgy model out next year (featured in that image). It 100% has G6.

jdpetitpas

« Reply #45654 on: July 01, 2022, 09:04:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Sorry, I was referring to the Figgy model out next year (featured in that image). It 100% has G6.

Still Sick
And can't wait to see that other model you're talking about. Huge fan of the Westgate G6, actually still have a pair brand new that I'm looking forward to skate this year

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #45655 on: July 01, 2022, 09:22:02 AM »
Westgate-esque shoe and the Spanky Hi are all signs that things are looking up for Emerica. I hope at least.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #45656 on: July 01, 2022, 10:42:09 AM »
Can anyone answer what the release date for the black Spanky with the normal color sole is? @EmericaTM

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45657 on: July 01, 2022, 11:09:36 AM »
Westgate-esque shoe and the Spanky Hi are all signs that things are looking up for Emerica. I hope at least.

Yeah I can’t wait to see what exactly this Westgate style shoe is. I loved the runner.

jwdharris

« Reply #45658 on: July 01, 2022, 11:21:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I can’t wait to see what exactly this Westgate style shoe is. I loved the runner.

It’s more the upper that reminds me of the Westgate CC. Simple and classic. I’ve only seen the photos a couple of times but if memory serves me correctly they have a rubber toe also.

The sole looks decent. It doesn’t have a runner style sole like the older Westgate’s, but does have some nice flex grooves.

eSK3

« Reply #45659 on: July 01, 2022, 11:25:47 AM »

The companies who’ve dabbled have made half assed versions. The only company that made shit 100% accurate was DC and I have hella pairs of Lynx as chillers(tiagos can’t be beat).