Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8697318 times)

Dwyck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #46200 on: August 30, 2022, 06:11:24 AM »

Is what’s laughable is thinking LRAB is quality. They look toasted after a few weeks. Every pair I’ve seen in the wild are busted after about 2 weeks. Yet people spend almost 100$ on shit that has no removable insole. The friends that I know that have them always talk about them like theh suck and then finish with yeah but they are great. And I’m like bald sole bitching about the insoles and busting holes through them in a week don’t sound great. I can’t speak on all of sole tech but I think emerica is on a definite up swing and models are looking better there’s a few off knew but whatever. The quality is there and on par with a the big corpo brands I’ve tried. (Never skated adidas or Nike).

It seems you have nothing to add considering you have little experience with anything you're comparing
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #46201 on: August 30, 2022, 06:24:44 AM »
Expand Quote

Is what’s laughable is thinking LRAB is quality. They look toasted after a few weeks. Every pair I’ve seen in the wild are busted after about 2 weeks. Yet people spend almost 100$ on shit that has no removable insole. The friends that I know that have them always talk about them like theh suck and then finish with yeah but they are great. And I’m like bald sole bitching about the insoles and busting holes through them in a week don’t sound great. I can’t speak on all of sole tech but I think emerica is on a definite up swing and models are looking better there’s a few off knew but whatever. The quality is there and on par with a the big corpo brands I’ve tried. (Never skated adidas or Nike).
[close]

It seems you have nothing to add considering you have little experience with anything you're comparing

I  have friends that skate LRAB after seeing theirs I have no desire to pay money on a shoe that will be destroyed in no time. Blazers typically get destroyed quickly too. Although they look good. I don’t know anyone that skates adidas. I’ve skated NB cons and usually vans. I’ve at some Etnies when they had the Michelin slip I think I have experience with a few shoe company’s. I didn’t see a point in listing them. When my point was that maybe LRAB isn’t the best example of a quality product. Instead of using the word  look that you felt should be highlighted. I’ll say LRAB are toasted after a few weeks. Hence not a quality product.

Also the piss provost shoe looks bad. Didn’t say all emerica was killing it. Just they are in an upswing. With the e new models and things being done

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #46202 on: August 30, 2022, 06:51:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The current state of Emerica is sad...... how poetic.
[close]

How? Their stuff with Spanky and Julian doing G6 cupsoles is easily some of their best work in awhile and solid crowd service by a mile. I'm partially biased because I'm a fan of soletech's quality cupsoles anyways, tho.

Sure, they have their dud models/colorways, as does EVERY OTHER shoe brand out there.
[close]
this! Emerica is the best they’ve been in the last decade
[close]

Soletechs price vs the quality is laughable. Honestly, aside from LARB it seems like skate shoe companies just don't make quality products anymore. I know $100 plus is a lot to spend for many people but if they last twice as long, its worth it. I've never been happier with my skate shoe purchases than I have buying used nikes on ebay. best $ to performance ratio.

This.  I feel like every time I get on a Soletech site now, the prices have increased again.  I love their shoes, but even the Accel OGs are nearing $100 now.  Spankys are what, $93?  Joslins appear to be over $100.  If it weren't for their sales, I wouldn't buy their shoes.

IpathCats

« Reply #46203 on: August 30, 2022, 06:53:21 AM »
Soletech should trim the fat and consolidate all of their brands, keep the best models, have a super diverse team, then take those savings from trimming the fat and put it towards better quality materials and manufacturing processes. I would buy a quality accel that was between a slim and an OG if it was built like a nike.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #46204 on: August 30, 2022, 07:01:54 AM »
Remember that inflation is close to 9% and there have been supply chain and material issues for the past year.

But ya that still doesn't explain how a slip on is the same price as a Tiago. The former has some foam poured in, the latter was actually designed with multiple materials in order to provide support to the foot.

I like the KSL. The Figgy don't look terrible. I think the main issue is lots of their models look as if they took the same basic design and added a bit of rubber here or there and called it a different shoe. I can easily tell the difference between most NB or even eS models, but the Dickson, Provost, and Figgy look super similar. There's a bunch of bulkier Emericas that were literally posted on the last page and I don't remember their names but there are just variants of a sideways E on the side.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #46205 on: August 30, 2022, 07:27:31 AM »
Soletech should trim the fat and consolidate all of their brands, keep the best models, have a super diverse team, then take those savings from trimming the fat and put it towards better quality materials and manufacturing processes. I would buy a quality accel that was between a slim and an OG if it was built like a nike.

I too would buy a Nike SB Dunk.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #46206 on: August 30, 2022, 07:36:43 AM »
I agree with both points.

They have released some great stuff recently with cupsoles or simple vulcs

The style is very subdued and the experimentation is playing it safe.

I think they could consolidate a bit, and have a lil more fun with colorways.

Keep in mind a lot of emerica goes on sale often so I rarely pay retail
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

IpathCats

« Reply #46207 on: August 30, 2022, 07:45:31 AM »
I agree with both points.

They have released some great stuff recently with cupsoles or simple vulcs

The style is very subdued and the experimentation is playing it safe.

I think they could consolidate a bit, and have a lil more fun with colorways.

Keep in mind a lot of emerica goes on sale often so I rarely pay retail

Pretty good indicator of how well they're doing lol.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #46208 on: August 30, 2022, 07:59:05 AM »
Anyone else get a little uncomfortable when people bad mouth Emerica bc you know the TM is on these boards and probably reads it? 

Space Monkey

• Rep: 35
« Reply #46209 on: August 30, 2022, 08:27:07 AM »
Anyone else get a little uncomfortable when people bad mouth Emerica bc you know the TM is on these boards and probably reads it?
Just don't bring up the emerican health care system  ;)

The shoes on the last page are categorically awful. EmericaTM probably didn't have anything to do with that (unless you did, then sorry...) but the criticism of Emerica is always the same- the designs are too generic and slap wants Westgate G6s. I don't work in the industry so I don't know what sells.

Slap's tune may change when the Spanky Hi's drop and fill the high-top cupsole void.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #46210 on: August 30, 2022, 09:38:26 AM »
i blame sole tech for just being super out of touch. their basic concept for their brands is like this:

etnies for the normies
es for the 2k nostalgics
emerica for the harcore skaters

but apart from etnies they just miss the mark overall so slightly. they are notorious by now for botched remakes that ruin what makes those shoes great.

like the new spanky reissue. it's not bad, but the og looked way better as a jordan copycat than the new one without the jordan laceflap. people lijed them because they were basically jordans. the new ones look like thy been made by pony or veja or something.

i don't even want to start with all the es shoes and the fact that they can't get their most iconic model right anymore. if they just made a true og accel they wouldn't need one that's way fatter and one that just feels like a sloppy vulc.

another thing is that a lot of models of the whole sole tech range are derivatives of each other. except for es maybe.

what made any of these brands cool to me was how i viewed them way back:
emerica always had this hesher/hardcore streetskater vibe while still having faily tec models that didnt make you look like an osiris clown.
es just had the heaviest team in the menikmati era, they were mainly exciting because the biggest pros would have their pro models on es.
etnies had a catalogue full of simpler classics like the rap, which was basically an accel before an accel existed.
the only brand in the sole tec roster that still plays too their strengths imo is etnies. they made a modern classic with the joslins that is appreciated just for it's performance, and i wanted to try them a couple times but my size is always gone.

IpathCats

« Reply #46211 on: August 30, 2022, 10:02:41 AM »

Not at all, dude seems reasonable. Not like the catalog is up to him or anything. Hopefully hes good at sorting through this mess to find the useful input and does something with it.

Thebird

« Reply #46212 on: August 30, 2022, 10:41:05 AM »
I feel like all Emerica needs to do is release the MJ1 in it's original form and original colors.  That shoe was perfect.  I actually really liked the MJ 2 as well.  Another great shoe.

Buster_Poosey

• Rep: 8
« Reply #46213 on: August 30, 2022, 10:50:19 AM »
I feel like all Emerica needs to do is release the MJ1 in it's original form and original colors.  That shoe was perfect.  I actually really liked the MJ 2 as well.  Another great shoe.

This guy gets it

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #46214 on: August 30, 2022, 10:50:56 AM »

what we’ll probably get is the emerica “maple” it’ll be a Vulc shoe with a completely different toe and slightly resembles the mj one on the side.

It’ll come in 3 colors. black with white sole, black with gum sole, and shake junt

Buster_Poosey

• Rep: 8
« Reply #46215 on: August 30, 2022, 10:56:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Unfortunately, that is probably what will happen.

what we’ll probably get is the emerica “maple” it’ll be a Vulc shoe with a completely different toe and slightly resembles the mj one on the side.

It’ll come in 3 colors. black with white sole, black with gum sole, and shake junt

IpathCats

« Reply #46216 on: August 30, 2022, 11:28:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol gnar'd

Thebird

« Reply #46217 on: August 30, 2022, 11:49:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Or they'll slim it down and screw it up.

SlapTM

« Reply #46218 on: August 30, 2022, 12:22:32 PM »
I personally don't mind it too much. I mean sure it's a little bit of a bummer but also can realize that people tend to take one product and think way too far into it. For example, I get the point that was made on the shoes posted the previous page. If you want me to be totally honest, I'm not the biggest fan of them either however, these are 1 or 2 models or color ways out of an entire line. Whether you love or hate those shoes posted, in this season there was also a rad Dinosaur Jr collab, a great vegan KSL G6 (which just came in and is available on our site and shipping to skate shops now for those who kept wondering when it would be available), a quality Dakota full grain slip cup, a Wimer slip-on with a built in Flick Shield for the first time ever, a new Provost G6 if you like vulcs and simplicity, some great Dickson color ways and lots of others. So yeah, I think it's just too easy to see 1 or 2 products and write off the entire brand when in reality we try to have something for everyone.

Expand Quote
[close]

Not at all, dude seems reasonable. Not like the catalog is up to him or anything. Hopefully hes good at sorting through this mess to find the useful input and does something with it.
As always, I appreciate the feedback and have always encouraged pals or anybody to hit me up via DM to talk shop or skating or whatever honestly.

Not sure if you've seen it before, but I've mentioned a few times on here that we're releasing a 1:1 MJ1 for this next Skate Shop Day. Following that, we will be releasing special drops of the OG color ways. There will also be a more slimmed down version in the line for those who want a little less puff.

Expand Quote
[close]
Just don't bring up the emerican health care system  ;)

The shoes on the last page are categorically awful. EmericaTM probably didn't have anything to do with that (unless you did, then sorry...) but the criticism of Emerica is always the same- the designs are too generic and slap wants Westgate G6s. I don't work in the industry so I don't know what sells.

Slap's tune may change when the Spanky Hi's drop and fill the high-top cupsole void.
You're right, I didn't have anything to do with those but we did hire a new shoe designer at the beginning of the year so sometime next year, his designs and color ways will be in the market. I also have been getting a little bit more involved in the product side of things recently and making sure we're taking a little bit more of a risk to bring in more color into the line and going down a more cupsole route and straying away from a heavy vulcanized line.

Thebird

« Reply #46219 on: August 30, 2022, 12:48:03 PM »

You're right, I didn't have anything to do with those but we did hire a new shoe designer at the beginning of the year so sometime next year, his designs and color ways will be in the market. I also have been getting a little bit more involved in the product side of things recently and making sure we're taking a little bit more of a risk to bring in more color into the line and going down a more cupsole route and straying away from a heavy vulcanized line.
[/quote]

So we can expect to see more cups in the future?  That is awesome.  I love the g6 midsoles, and the outsoles are great.  I am stoked on this news. 

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #46220 on: August 30, 2022, 01:16:26 PM »
ive got a pair of ksl g6s coming in the mail right now. I've been curious about g6 for years but never bit the bullet
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

SlapTM

« Reply #46221 on: August 30, 2022, 01:25:10 PM »
So we can expect to see more cups in the future?  That is awesome.  I love the g6 midsoles, and the outsoles are great.  I am stoked on this news.

Yep. New figgy G6 dropping in February alongside the OG1 aka MJ1, new team shoe in April, 2 new pro shoes in July, Spanky G6 Mid in October, new team model in February 2024 alongside a new pro model as well. All cuspole. So yes, within the next year and a half we will be introducing 8 new cupsole models.

ive got a pair of ksl g6s coming in the mail right now. I've been curious about g6 for years but never bit the bullet
I've always been a vulcanized and slip-on guy for years but lately all I've been wearing is the Slip Cup and it's like walking on clouds. Hope you enjoy them!

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #46222 on: August 30, 2022, 01:40:31 PM »
A spanky high top cupsole really would be great.  The Omen Hi is a good shoe but the tread on the sole wears down pretty quickly and I would prefer the protection of a cup

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #46223 on: August 30, 2022, 01:41:11 PM »
Appreciate all the transparency Tim brings with the Emerica side of things. Takes what alot of us said seriously and the company is delivering on what has been discussed multiple times within this thread. These things take time for fruition and it's awesome that the guys over at Emerica took the initiative and are bringing in even more diverse shoes.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #46224 on: August 30, 2022, 03:07:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yep. New figgy G6 dropping in February alongside the OG1 aka MJ1, new team shoe in April, 2 new pro shoes in July, Spanky G6 Mid in October, new team model in February 2024 alongside a new pro model as well. All cuspole. So yes, within the next year and a half we will be introducing 8 new cupsole models.

Expand Quote
[close]
I've always been a vulcanized and slip-on guy for years but lately all I've been wearing is the Slip Cup and it's like walking on clouds. Hope you enjoy them!

Tim,
Please for the love of god: a 1:1 Templeton 1.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #46225 on: August 30, 2022, 03:11:25 PM »
A spanky high top cupsole really would be great.  The Omen Hi is a good shoe but the tread on the sole wears down pretty quickly and I would prefer the protection of a cup
They're doing a hi top version of the Spanky G6 that I think @EmericaTM confirmed is coming out next holiday season, 2023. I don't think there's any official pictures yet but Spanky's posted some instagram clips skating in them. There's some screenshots a few pages back on this thread. Definitely an Emerica shoe that I'm genuinely excited about!

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #46226 on: August 30, 2022, 04:46:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
They're doing a hi top version of the Spanky G6 that I think @EmericaTM confirmed is coming out next holiday season, 2023. I don't think there's any official pictures yet but Spanky's posted some instagram clips skating in them. There's some screenshots a few pages back on this thread. Definitely an Emerica shoe that I'm genuinely excited about!

its a mid
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46227 on: August 30, 2022, 05:43:18 PM »
Not sure if you've seen it before, but I've mentioned a few times on here that we're releasing a 1:1 MJ1 for this next Skate Shop Day. Following that, we will be releasing special drops of the OG color ways. There will also be a more slimmed down version in the line for those who want a little less puff.

holy shit yes.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Thebird

« Reply #46228 on: August 30, 2022, 06:34:15 PM »

holy shit yes.

I hope this isn't limited.  I'll definitely stock up on this one.  Thanks for all of the info @emericatm.  I'm pretty stoked to check out all of the new cup models.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #46229 on: August 30, 2022, 07:12:31 PM »
Tim,
Please for the love of god: a 1:1 Templeton 1.
I think they might have to trim some fat here and there (owned a pair 2 or 3 years ago and they looked pretty ridics) but updated templeton 1 on g6 cup would be so good!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year