Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8663962 times)

Sold Out, Basingstoke and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #46410 on: September 21, 2022, 11:27:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not to hype of these, but The dropkick detail on the halfcab label does something for me.

[close]

Agreed on the Half Cab Label.  That's fucking rad. 
[close]
isn’t EE also collabing with Bruce Lee atm?
[close]
Was thinking the same thing. The estate must need some cash flow
Bruce Lee's wack. (As a company or whatever) it's like Bob Marley just been doing lame shit for thirty+ years.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #46411 on: September 22, 2022, 01:07:26 AM »
↑ I agree, it’s not like you’re even actually collaborating with him, he can’t exactly reject you can he?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #46412 on: September 22, 2022, 01:15:23 AM »
↑ I agree, it’s not like you’re even actually collaborating with him, he can’t exactly reject you can he?

“Bruce, we want to do the 1000000th homage to your Game of Death wardrobe.”

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #46413 on: September 22, 2022, 03:11:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not to hype of these, but The dropkick detail on the halfcab label does something for me.

[close]

[close]

eastern exposure?
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #46414 on: September 22, 2022, 03:41:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

eastern exposure?
Erik Ellington li ning

Those r ugly too

Agreed The half cab karate kick label is cool tho

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #46415 on: September 22, 2022, 06:44:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
Bruce Lee's wack. (As a company or whatever) it's like Bob Marley just been doing lame shit for thirty+ years.

I believe the Lee's fairly recently got their rights back and started going after people more aggressively for even resemblance. While also growing the brand. Licensed merch is wild, especially if your Brand is a person. Bob Ross's son had to fight for his dads' image. Imagine some asshole not only making fucking chia pets of your dad's head, but legally trying to stop you from calling yourself "Bob Ross's Son" in public.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46416 on: September 22, 2022, 06:47:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

I believe the Lee's fairly recently got their rights back and started going after people more aggressively for even resemblance. While also growing the brand. Licensed merch is wild, especially if your Brand is a person. Bob Ross's son had to fight for his dads' image. Imagine some asshole not only making fucking chia pets of your dad's head, but legally trying to stop you from calling yourself "Bob Ross's Son" in public.
Agree, and who's more wack? the Bruce Lee estate, or all the companies still lining up to do collabs with them?  Can't blame one and not the other.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46417 on: September 22, 2022, 06:56:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Agree, and who's more wack? the Bruce Lee estate, or all the companies still lining up to do collabs with them?  Can't blame one and not the other.
I very much blame both equally. I don't even know what's to gain from doing a Bruce Lee collab in 2022. Celebrating 50 years since he died? Kinda weird. Watched his movies a bunch when I was a kid but aren't really my cup of tea now (but I'm a whitey) I'm a Jackie Chan guy. Bruce is too serious it's like Segal or Norris but he is actually good so no fun from watching some complete horseshit.

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #46418 on: September 22, 2022, 07:50:31 AM »
Expand Quote
TJ Rogers - OG accel plus colorway.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CivLTgkv9vr/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
[close]

they need to just give him his own shoe. TJ's carrying that entire brand on his back.

This.
Let him design a shoe, put his name on it, charge a few bucks more for it and that’s the royalty he gets. Why is so hard for them to do this. Instead they’ll swap panels from 13 different shoes together with an old sole design and have some atrocious colorway.

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #46419 on: September 22, 2022, 09:35:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
TJ Rogers - OG accel plus colorway.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CivLTgkv9vr/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
[close]

they need to just give him his own shoe. TJ's carrying that entire brand on his back.
[close]

This.
Let him design a shoe, put his name on it, charge a few bucks more for it and that’s the royalty he gets. Why is so hard for them to do this. Instead they’ll swap panels from 13 different shoes together with an old sole design and have some atrocious colorway.

I brought this exact thing up before with some dudes being in colorway purgatory vs some getting their own shoes. Someone like Nakel getting colorway after colorway after colorway yet never getting a shoe, or andrew allen getting constant colorways but never his own shoe, but then seeing Tyshawn Jones or Rowan getting their own shoes with maybe one colorway of theirs coming out before their own models, and many said it's because they dont want to invest into them to that level to give them their own models vs colorways are something that make them feel included without spending to design a shoe from the ground up.

But I agree TJ has long deserved his own shoe. He is both tech and can huck down shit so for him to have a shoe that can cater to both of those aspects and be durable could do very well, as long as it aesthetically is pleasing. but with how much Es isnt willing to invest in 1:1 remakes that people have been demanding but instead remaking the upper but using soles already in the line up to cut corners and save money, im not surprised TJ is only getting his own colorway vs pro shoe. Less spend on designing a shoe that would have to go through the sampling process, more just in getting different colors with existing designs to have TJ feel "special" with his own colorway and still profit off it, win win for Es.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #46420 on: September 22, 2022, 10:05:01 AM »
If es remade Michael Jackson, they'd skip the cool early black MJ and bring back the ghost-white, spiraling-into-insanity, pedophile Mike.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #46421 on: September 22, 2022, 10:45:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

The Basquiat estate is worse.   They’ve whored out his art to anyone and everybody

thehogsniper

• Rep: 55
« Reply #46422 on: September 22, 2022, 11:21:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

The Basquiat estate is worse.   They’ve whored out his art to anyone and everybody
Basquiat, Warhol, Lee, Haring are the worst offenders in recent memory. Basquiat had converse, DC, and Dr martens all putting out mediocre collabs. It's just laughable how collaborative efforts are so plainly a cash grab nowadays. One of my favorite non skate sneaker companies (Asics) whored themselves out to a popular fashion designer (Kiko) who did a few good designs for them, and now his design studio dominates Asics' releases. Not to mention all of these mentioned collabs hit the bargain bin and still are sitting.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46423 on: September 22, 2022, 11:59:22 AM »
There must be money in it.

according the vans subreddit, the some of these special release days can get hectic. I'd love to see the sales data for stuff like this and how much it moves the needle. That bob's burger DC release was the worst.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46424 on: September 22, 2022, 12:03:15 PM »
There must be money in it.

according the vans subreddit, the some of these special release days can get hectic. I'd love to see the sales data for stuff like this and how much it moves the needle. That bob's burger DC release was the worst.
Worse than halo globes? I'm surprised that shoe companies aren't trying to do a Collab with crash Bandicoot, Super Mario, sonic the hedgehog etc so the character wears the shoe in the game but you can buy the shoes in real life too. Or it's been done and I'm not paying enough attention.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46425 on: September 22, 2022, 12:11:45 PM »
Yeah, puma did Mario and sonic collections

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46426 on: September 22, 2022, 12:15:16 PM »
I meant more like sonic wears a pair of say Nike air max in the actual game but you can also buy them in real life. Like a pro model but for a fictional game character

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #46427 on: September 22, 2022, 12:45:47 PM »

coming soomn

Ngl one piece collab got me interested, i fucking love that shit

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46428 on: September 22, 2022, 01:30:08 PM »
How long are you guys gonna hold on to hope that eS does something good?

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #46429 on: September 22, 2022, 02:55:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Basquiat, Warhol, Lee, Haring are the worst offenders in recent memory. Basquiat had converse, DC, and Dr martens all putting out mediocre collabs. It's just laughable how collaborative efforts are so plainly a cash grab nowadays. One of my favorite non skate sneaker companies (Asics) whored themselves out to a popular fashion designer (Kiko) who did a few good designs for them, and now his design studio dominates Asics' releases. Not to mention all of these mentioned collabs hit the bargain bin and still are sitting.

yo which bargain bin are these kiko asics sitting in?
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #46430 on: September 22, 2022, 05:40:40 PM »
kiko asics is fantastic ur trippin

eSK3

« Reply #46431 on: September 23, 2022, 02:09:49 AM »

I’ve been saying this for years.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46432 on: September 23, 2022, 06:21:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve been saying this for years.
Got the Quattros and lasted 2 weeks before they hurt my ankle. They felt cheap, luckily I got them on sale.
But yeah, fuck éS appealing to our nostalgia and putting subpar product
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

twic3

• Rep: 14
« Reply #46433 on: September 23, 2022, 09:37:16 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CivLTgkv9vr/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CP3uGdAB8UP/

Imagine getting your own pro colorway and this is the best shit you can come up with

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46434 on: September 23, 2022, 10:00:03 AM »

Imagine getting your own pro colorway and this is the best shit you can come up with

Show us what you got then

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46435 on: September 23, 2022, 11:00:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #46436 on: September 23, 2022, 11:42:30 AM »
kiko asics is fantastic ur trippin
Yup I have a pair of them and they're quality

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #46437 on: September 23, 2022, 12:30:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Here's how id personally change this ever so slightly:

Put the nine club logo on the top of the toe so you have to see it every time you look down and it wont be worn off so easily. put "dud" before the "Es" on the sole since that's Kelly's word of choice, and it's done.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #46438 on: September 23, 2022, 01:07:05 PM »
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

mamba

• Rep: 134
  • Sucka free
« Reply #46439 on: September 23, 2022, 01:37:41 PM »
eS looks like those generic no brand shoes you find at Walmart/Target/Kohls. Fugly as fuck