Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8665119 times)

FirstBlood82 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

overwaxed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 83
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #46440 on: September 23, 2022, 05:01:35 PM »
https://youtu.be/-HVq9PIGcmM

I mean, haven’t really cared about eS in 20+ years - but I’ll buy them just to say thanks for seeing Penny skate (the fs cab, and impossible made me emotional)

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #46441 on: September 23, 2022, 05:51:15 PM »

Are these a SB Cortez? Not that I’ve ever owned a pair of SB’s (never fit well on my foot), this is too much swoosh for me
The chillest1

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46442 on: September 23, 2022, 05:55:59 PM »

Are these a SB Cortez? Not that I’ve ever owned a pair of SB’s (never fit well on my foot), this is too much swoosh for me

BRSB pretty sure. Also it’s kinda less swoosh… unless you mean the lil one
https://www.nike.com/t/brsb-skate-shoes-4zkJzG/DH9227-001

thehogsniper

• Rep: 54
« Reply #46443 on: September 23, 2022, 06:03:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not to hype of these, but The dropkick detail on the halfcab label does something for me.

[close]

Agreed on the Half Cab Label.  That's fucking rad. 
[close]
isn’t EE also collabing with Bruce Lee atm?
[close]
Was thinking the same thing. The estate must need some cash flow
[close]
Bruce Lee's wack. (As a company or whatever) it's like Bob Marley just been doing lame shit for thirty+ years.
[close]

I believe the Lee's fairly recently got their rights back and started going after people more aggressively for even resemblance. While also growing the brand. Licensed merch is wild, especially if your Brand is a person. Bob Ross's son had to fight for his dads' image. Imagine some asshole not only making fucking chia pets of your dad's head, but legally trying to stop you from calling yourself "Bob Ross's Son" in public.
[close]
Agree, and who's more wack? the Bruce Lee estate, or all the companies still lining up to do collabs with them?  Can't blame one and not the other.
[close]

The Basquiat estate is worse.   They’ve whored out his art to anyone and everybody
[close]
Basquiat, Warhol, Lee, Haring are the worst offenders in recent memory. Basquiat had converse, DC, and Dr martens all putting out mediocre collabs. It's just laughable how collaborative efforts are so plainly a cash grab nowadays. One of my favorite non skate sneaker companies (Asics) whored themselves out to a popular fashion designer (Kiko) who did a few good designs for them, and now his design studio dominates Asics' releases. Not to mention all of these mentioned collabs hit the bargain bin and still are sitting.
[close]

yo which bargain bin are these kiko asics sitting in?
UBS and all that stuff is pretty decently available, look at luisviaroma. I see those shoes available for usually under $75.
kiko asics is fantastic ur trippin
Man half of that stuff is the same as asics GR but in a different colorway. I go to my local shop to see that stuff, and while it's great quality, it's often times too bizarre. That goretex boot they did is decent in black, but god awful in blue.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #46444 on: September 23, 2022, 06:27:47 PM »
@os89 thank you. Too much swoosh with the xl and mini swoosh.

My bad, didn’t know these were already released
The chillest1

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #46445 on: September 23, 2022, 08:35:42 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm a big adidas guy so that Nora shoe got me digging through adidas's back catalog. The upper is definitely straight from the Nastase super, with a different leather toebox from another adidas tennis shoe from that period, possibly the player GS. A lot of those tennis shoes from that period are similar, which is probably why people are drawing rod laver comparisons.

The back of the shoe is definitely unique, I don't recall a shoe with the same style. The outsole of the shoe is really nothing I've seen before. Typically adidas outsoles have a faux welt, yet this one is completely smooth. The closest comparison is really this ATP shoe which dates roughly at the same time the Nastase release
That being said, this shoe's outsole is probably unique.
[close]

You're not wrong... The Nastase is essentially the Rod Laver with 3 stripes and definitely looks like the main reference for Nora's shoe. 

I actually haven't seen this shoe in hand yet, but it kinda looks like a similar outsole construction to the Lucas Premiere with that kind of Cup/Vulc hybrid.

The heel kinda reminds me of the Intack from the spzl range but I've definitely seen something closer to it, not sure where tho.

Some more pics I found on google:

I have a crush on Nora so I copped them in the green color. Went TTS and they felt a little tight. Definitely reminded me of the Lucas Premiere. They’re comfortable and I want to see how they skate.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #46446 on: September 23, 2022, 09:01:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/CivLTgkv9vr/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CP3uGdAB8UP/

Imagine getting your own pro colorway and this is the best shit you can come up with
[close]

Show us what you got then

[close]

Some heavy clockwork orange vibes from this color way.

There was me, that is Kelly, and my three droogs, that is Crob, roger, and Steezus, and we sat in the Nine Club.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #46447 on: September 24, 2022, 11:19:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@EmericaTM how did Keiran Zimmerman/Jenny get a shoe? And is there a Erik Penton part coming with the kf 5050 convention center?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiS2JCpp-q4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
[close]
Keiran has been a part of the Canada team for years now and is pretty close with us so when he got on Jenny we decided to put out a shoe with them that's available only in Canada and we will have a small amount on our site.

I filmed Erik's kickflip 50-50 and gave him the footage which I believe he is putting in his next part. Dude did the shit out of it!
[close]

Great to hear, can't wait to see the shoes, gonna have to head to Sk8 Skates to get a pair
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci5Xyorrqq1/

Available today and Sk8 Skates has them!

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #46448 on: September 24, 2022, 01:41:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@EmericaTM how did Keiran Zimmerman/Jenny get a shoe? And is there a Erik Penton part coming with the kf 5050 convention center?

[close]
Keiran has been a part of the Canada team for years now and is pretty close with us so when he got on Jenny we decided to put out a shoe with them that's available only in Canada and we will have a small amount on our site.

I filmed Erik's kickflip 50-50 and gave him the footage which I believe he is putting in his next part. Dude did the shit out of it!
[close]

Great to hear, can't wait to see the shoes, gonna have to head to Sk8 Skates to get a pair
[close]

There was a part attached to this release, correct?

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #46449 on: September 24, 2022, 05:07:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah Keiran’s part is premiering tonight and will be dropping this week.

thehogsniper

« Reply #46450 on: September 24, 2022, 05:23:46 PM »
Unsure if this has posted, but this just popped up on a site.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #46451 on: September 25, 2022, 09:16:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Yeah Keiran’s part is premiering tonight and will be dropping this week.

Sick @EmericaTM I like his skating a lot

douchenozzle

• Rep: 30
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #46452 on: September 25, 2022, 01:21:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm a big adidas guy so that Nora shoe got me digging through adidas's back catalog. The upper is definitely straight from the Nastase super, with a different leather toebox from another adidas tennis shoe from that period, possibly the player GS. A lot of those tennis shoes from that period are similar, which is probably why people are drawing rod laver comparisons.

The back of the shoe is definitely unique, I don't recall a shoe with the same style. The outsole of the shoe is really nothing I've seen before. Typically adidas outsoles have a faux welt, yet this one is completely smooth. The closest comparison is really this ATP shoe which dates roughly at the same time the Nastase release
[close]

You're not wrong... The Nastase is essentially the Rod Laver with 3 stripes and definitely looks like the main reference for Nora's shoe. 

I actually haven't seen this shoe in hand yet, but it kinda looks like a similar outsole construction to the Lucas Premiere with that kind of Cup/Vulc hybrid.

The heel kinda reminds me of the Intack from the spzl range but I've definitely seen something closer to it, not sure where tho.

[close]

I have a crush on Nora so I copped them in the green color. Went TTS and they felt a little tight. Definitely reminded me of the Lucas Premiere. They’re comfortable and I want to see how they skate.
how is the insoles on these? I quit Adidas due to durability problems and their insoles that wasn’t adiprene was shit

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #46453 on: September 25, 2022, 01:30:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
how is the insoles on these? I quit Adidas due to durability problems and their insoles that wasn’t adiprene was shit

They’re not like the Lucas ones but they may as well be. The support comes from the shoe/mid sole.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #46454 on: September 25, 2022, 03:16:17 PM »
I think it’s funny that whomever is behind the @fuckadvertisements IG account got sent some eSs from Don Brown and accidentally posted it on those stories instead of their personal account

thehogsniper

« Reply #46455 on: September 25, 2022, 03:42:41 PM »
I think it’s funny that whomever is behind the @fuckadvertisements IG account got sent some eSs from Don Brown and accidentally posted it on those stories instead of their personal account
What do I have to do to get a pair of free eS?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #46456 on: September 25, 2022, 04:48:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Being a terrible skater and a terrible person supposedly worked for Taylor Silverman.

thehogsniper

« Reply #46457 on: September 25, 2022, 05:03:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Being a terrible skater and a terrible person supposedly worked for Taylor Silverman.
I can't skate to begin with, so I'm half way there. Now to outdo him, I should relentless troll industry icons, mock all possible minority groups, push down scooter kids, cheat on my wife, join the NRA, leave the NRA because I feel they're not hardline enough, and eventually destroy the microwave dinner industry with gunpowder coated plastic. That'll do it.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image

nothing's been the since same

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #46460 on: September 25, 2022, 11:23:42 PM »

*CONTROVERSIAL*
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46461 on: September 26, 2022, 04:05:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
I can't skate to begin with, so I'm half way there. Now to outdo him, I should relentless troll industry icons, mock all possible minority groups, push down scooter kids, cheat on my wife, join the NRA, leave the NRA because I feel they're not hardline enough, and eventually destroy the microwave dinner industry with gunpowder coated plastic. That'll do it.

Woah let’s not slander the joy of pushing down scooter kids  ;D

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #46462 on: September 26, 2022, 05:06:14 AM »
crockett high colorway from IG clips. looks like Venue Richmond collab

good come sausage

DERBY

• Rep: 226
« Reply #46463 on: September 26, 2022, 06:30:19 AM »
crocketts look so good without the jazz stripe

IpathCats

« Reply #46464 on: September 26, 2022, 11:31:38 AM »

jdpetitpas

• Rep: 18
« Reply #46465 on: September 26, 2022, 11:56:38 AM »
Was watching Riley's part in the last baker video and realized he was wearing a hi top version of his 3rd shoe on lakai

Kind of refreshing seeing a new clean simple hi top

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 100
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46466 on: September 26, 2022, 12:50:43 PM »
Anyone see a release date for the blue colorway of the Lizzie? I saw them in an insta story a month or so back but can't remember whose so I can't ask them.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 676
« Reply #46467 on: September 26, 2022, 05:25:55 PM »

at least we can all agree on things like this being horrible.

Is Cariuma actually selling decent quantities of skate shoes at this point? Where in the country/world are people purchasing them at?

I still have only seen them twice in the wild since they launched the skate program and I’ve seen non-skate Cariumas 3 times ever.  The disconnect between the constant advertising and sponsorships and the on-the-streets sales results is completely wild.  Unless Philly is the only place that people aren’t buying these…

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #46468 on: September 27, 2022, 02:10:14 AM »
I haven't seen anybody over than 10 wearing those things and if I see they're like guys who get them for free but you can tell they're ashamed af
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #46469 on: September 27, 2022, 03:13:09 AM »
everyone i know that had these got them for free and they told me that they are bad skate shoes
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate