Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8663649 times)

dumptruck12 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

FakieFlipCG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #47370 on: January 17, 2023, 10:41:34 AM »
I think the zahba's are about to drop

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #47371 on: January 17, 2023, 10:56:55 AM »

Are these the Vans that Zion was wearing?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #47372 on: January 17, 2023, 11:22:42 AM »
Vans Breana Gerring

Zion Zhaba

I forget Zion is on vans

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #47373 on: January 17, 2023, 05:55:59 PM »
Vans Breana Gerring

Zion Zhaba

I forget Zion is on vans

Easy to forget since he’s had zero parts it seems since pre-pandemic.   

I remember these shoes from a while back and the discussion whether that’s an image of bacon or a side view of a piece of lasagna

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47374 on: January 17, 2023, 05:58:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Vans Breana Gerring

Zion Zhaba

I forget Zion is on vans
[close]

I remember these shoes from a while back and the discussion whether that’s an image of bacon or a side view of a piece of lasagna

It’s okay, we’re about to find out on release lol

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #47375 on: January 17, 2023, 07:13:26 PM »

jdholmes

• Rep: 4
« Reply #47376 on: January 17, 2023, 10:54:23 PM »
Anymore Rowley Classics dropping?

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #47377 on: January 18, 2023, 01:16:24 AM »
I think at this point I see Dime less as a skate brand and more as a second or third tier streetwear brand.

Can you tell me which brands are first and second tier street/skate wear brands? I am always looking for quality stuff.

eSK3

« Reply #47378 on: January 18, 2023, 04:15:29 AM »
Expand Quote
I think at this point I see Dime less as a skate brand and more as a second or third tier streetwear brand.
[close]

Can you tell me which brands are first and second tier street/skate wear brands? I am always looking for quality stuff.

Right now 18east is killing the game. They are in their own category. I wouldn’t consider it Street wear but it’s def skate. Everyone involved is an amazing skater. No cap.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #47379 on: January 18, 2023, 06:13:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Right now 18east is killing the game. They are in their own category. I wouldn’t consider it Street wear but it’s def skate. Everyone involved is an amazing skater. No cap.

Yeah 18east is just genuinely high quality menswear no need to add a tag streetwear to jt

apbarbs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #47380 on: January 18, 2023, 06:48:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah 18east is just genuinely high quality menswear no need to add a tag streetwear to jt

damn unfortunately i didn't have this experience
i really wanted to like them, the cuts/fabrics looked good, and it being a skater-run company without being explicitly 'skate clothes' - i got a couple items and they were cut like they didn't know that clothes can be wide/baggy while still fitting correctly at the shoulders/waist
the fact that their website would often say 'we recommend getting one size up for a baggy fit' kind of points to that - kind of like younger skaters just getting pants that are way too big for them
for 18 east's prices, you could just get some japanese designer/streetwear clothes that are actually well made

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #47381 on: January 18, 2023, 06:53:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I may be biased based on location but Sex Hippies is also another brand I'd call A tier skate/street wear. Lots of handmade items, almost everything has some unique aspect to it

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #47382 on: January 18, 2023, 08:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Are these the Vans that Zion was wearing?

these are fucking gorgeous.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #47383 on: January 19, 2023, 04:35:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Vans Breana Gerring

Zion Zhaba

I forget Zion is on vans
[close]

It’s honestly surprising he hasn’t been kicked off yet. He was clearly only picked up for the Olympics and does fit Vans at all. Dudes pregame warm up fits with old skools is heinous.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #47384 on: January 19, 2023, 05:23:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Vans Breana Gerring

Zion Zhaba

I forget Zion is on vans
[close]

[close]

It’s honestly surprising he hasn’t been kicked off yet. He was clearly only picked up for the Olympics and does fit Vans at all. Dudes pregame warm up fits with old skools is heinous.
I think like tony hawk he was also meant to be part of vans massive bowl/park series that never happened because of covid

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #47385 on: January 19, 2023, 07:33:28 AM »
I think the image on the back of the Zahba is a Wendy's Triple Baconator. "Zahba" as a name for Islamic women means strong, pure, rich, popular. So, the shoe conveys a story of a young Islamic woman who had the courage to eat the most Haram thing possible as a means of protest. However, because she was not used to eating such foods, she had an explosive bowl movement, hence the brown colorway with backsplash on the outsole. She also was into cupsoles like the Fairline, so it looks similar to that.

WideFeet

• Rep: 81
« Reply #47386 on: January 19, 2023, 07:35:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Vans Breana Gerring

Zion Zhaba

I forget Zion is on vans
[close]

[close]

[close]
I think like tony hawk he was also meant to be part of vans massive bowl/park series that never happened because of covid

I would guess we would have some kind of part drop when the shoe drops.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #47387 on: January 19, 2023, 09:43:25 AM »
i really hope everyone actually knows that its jupiter because he's from jupiter, FL.

but i really like thinking that it's a bunch of bacon.
good come sausage

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #47388 on: January 19, 2023, 09:52:02 AM »
dime is just a lifestyle brand at this point, a lot of non-skaters are wearing/buying dime. I don't mind personally, but like every dime shoe release outside of vans has been unskateable. just like palace.

I notice more and more people that don't skate wearing dime these days. not that there's anything wrong with that, just an observation I made at the mall the other day.

I saw about 5-6 kids walking in a group and they all had the same dime jeans on.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #47389 on: January 19, 2023, 10:16:56 AM »
Expand Quote
dime is just a lifestyle brand at this point, a lot of non-skaters are wearing/buying dime. I don't mind personally, but like every dime shoe release outside of vans has been unskateable. just like palace.
[close]

I notice more and more people that don't skate wearing dime these days. not that there's anything wrong with that, just an observation I made at the mall the other day.

I saw about 5-6 kids walking in a group and they all had the same dime jeans on.

At least in Australia this current skate fashion trend seems to me to be almost as big as the early-mid 2000's as far as 'regular' people wearing skate/street wear stuff. Mostly Butter.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #47390 on: January 19, 2023, 01:14:58 PM »
i really hope everyone actually knows that its jupiter because he's from jupiter, FL.

What if jupiter is really just a bunch of bacon? Everyone wins.

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 140
« Reply #47391 on: January 19, 2023, 01:22:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.domesticsclothing.com/

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47392 on: January 19, 2023, 01:23:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What if jupiter is really just a bunch of bacon? Everyone wins.

Hear me out, what if the real answer is the friendships we made along the way?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47393 on: January 19, 2023, 04:38:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

At least in Australia this current skate fashion trend seems to me to be almost as big as the early-mid 2000's as far as 'regular' people wearing skate/street wear stuff. Mostly Butter.

I am Brisbane based, but when I went to Perth, it seemed like everyone who worked in the stores I went to and young people out and about were almost head to toe in skate brand product, maybe the exception being more often people were in high end runners than recognised skate shoes, but it was just funny hearing a lot of them not even having a clue about the brand they were wearing, but they were definitely going to buy more of it.

Butter originated from the core skate guys (Garth and co) from Perth WA, so it made sense, but was just so weird to me that their main following was people who had never set foot on a skateboard.

By comparison, I am old enough to be their parents' age and boring in the style selection, eg plain and simple works best for me, but I know we were heavily into whatever we could get our hands on in the 90s, or made do with "lookalike" jeans and similar styles without the high end price tags.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #47394 on: January 19, 2023, 05:59:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

facts but their designs are still infinitely better than palace and supreme in my opinion. i think they're more or less on the same level as stussy, with better prices and cooler shit than the bigger and overhyped streetwear brands. that's perfectly fine in my book because i like being able to afford and actually buy things i like. also who gives a fuck as long as they keep sponsoring alexis lacroix and doing the glory challenge
[close]

thats awful but it goes hard lmao

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #47395 on: January 19, 2023, 09:29:46 PM »

There's no fucking way anyone can look at that and think it looks like Jupiter.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 06:57:52 PM by oyolar »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #47396 on: January 19, 2023, 10:52:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

THere's no fucking way anyone can look at that and think it looks like Jupiter.
It looks more like Uranus

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #47397 on: January 20, 2023, 03:45:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Vans Breana Gerring

Zion Zhaba

I forget Zion is on vans
[close]

[close]

[close]

Maybe but he got on in 2021 like 2 months before the Olympics.so it was clear from the get go. I would’ve figured he’d go to NB or adidas after Nike .  Is Tony confirmed off yet. ?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #47398 on: January 20, 2023, 05:02:42 AM »
I am not really a Vans guy, but these Zhaba look really nice. The model itself, not necessarily this colorway.
IG: @flowterspace

Mosritemike

• Rep: 9
« Reply #47399 on: January 20, 2023, 10:04:44 AM »
First of those vans Carroll reissues are out - looks like an army green/black sole to start