Author Topic: Hip Hop Thread  (Read 644412 times)

nino brown

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
Re: Hip Hop Thread
« Reply #1590 on: June 06, 2013, 10:44:03 AM »

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #1591 on: June 07, 2013, 03:39:58 AM »

J. Cole - Born Sinner

http://sfshare.se/2mjqjqebdlwc
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 09:44:48 PM by smokecrack »

Thelonious P

• Rep: -12
  • BracknellMassif
« Reply #1592 on: June 07, 2013, 06:59:23 AM »
LOVE that Tribe sample on forbidden fruit
Whole album bangs, this is gonna be a great month for hip hop

thugnificent

« Reply #1593 on: June 07, 2013, 08:44:56 AM »
man that let nas down song is so damn corny, nas has dropped tons of duds

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1594 on: June 11, 2013, 10:43:13 PM »
Yeezus is out in one week and Kanye has been stayin busy. he performed new songs at a festival, announced that Rick Bubin is the executive producer, did an interview with the New York Times and had a listening party for the album.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/16/arts/music/kanye-west-talks-about-his-career-and-album-yeezus.html?pagewanted=all&_r=2&

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/kanye-west-previews-yeezus-in-new-york-20130611#ixzz2VvEotc1k

this youtube channel has more from his set ("New Slaves", "Black Skinhead" & "Power".)

Hudson Mohawke premiered a new song the other day too.

a track from these 3 would be classic.

this Prodigy and Alchemist LP features Domo Genesis, Roc Marciano, Havoc, Raekwon & Action Bronson.

Prodigy X Alchemist - Albert Einstein

http://rapidgator.net/file/5dd4799139e864802dfadf32a7396a11/www.NewAlbumReleases.net_Prodigy_and_Alchemist_-_Albert_Einstein_2013.rar.html

the new Bronson EP has collaborations with Raekwon, Prodigy and Wiz Khalifa.

Action Bronson & Harry Fraud - Saab Stories

http://uploaded.net/file/0phu5oz0/www.NewAlbumReleases.net_Action%20Bronson%20-%20Saaab%20Stories%20%282013%29.rar

Black Thought, Joey Bada$$, Sean Price, N.O.R.E., Freddie Gibbs, Talib Kweli and more are on Extended Play.

Statik Selektah - Extended Play

http://www.sharebeast.com/d3hqtgp2hq7x

Mac Miller's new one is a different direction for him. Tyler, Bronson, Jay Elect & Earl rap on it and it has beats from Flying Lotus, Pharrell and Diplo. i don't really fuck with his music, but it's dope to see him progress.

Mac Miller - Watching Movies With the Sound Off

http://uploaded.net/file/19i3m9bf/www.NewAlbumReleases.net_Mac%20Miller%20-%20Watching%20Movies%20With%20The%20Sound%20Off%20%282013%29.rar

Gunplay - Acquitted

http://www.datpiff.com/Gunplay-Acquitted-mixtape.492165.html

AZ - Last of a Dying Breed

http://www.datpiff.com/AZ-LODB-Last-Of-A-Dying-Breed-mixtape.495736.html
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:54:37 AM by smokecrack »

Fake Tits

« Reply #1595 on: June 12, 2013, 11:06:11 PM »
Man Gunplay can rap his ass off!!  he has bars.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #1596 on: June 12, 2013, 11:43:37 PM »
Man Gunplay can rap his ass off!!  he has bars.

Oh yes.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #1597 on: June 12, 2013, 11:54:10 PM »
Yeezus is out in one week and Kanye has been stayin busy. he performed new songs at a festival, announced that Rick Bubin is the executive producer, did an interview with the New York Times and had a listening party for the album.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/16/arts/music/kanye-west-talks-about-his-career-and-album-yeezus.html?pagewanted=all&_r=2&

Haha, you just got to love this dude

"But after a while, it’s like: “Wait a second; this isn’t fair. This is a setup.” I remember when both Gnarls Barkley and Justin [Timberlake] lost for Album of the Year, and I looked at Justin, and I was like: “Do you want me to go onstage for you? You know, do you want me to fight” —

For you.

For what’s right. I am so credible and so influential and so relevant that I will change things.
"

"I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period. By a long jump. I honestly feel that because Steve has passed, you know, it’s like when Biggie passed and Jay-Z was allowed to become Jay-Z."
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:03:01 AM by burm »
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

carlwinslow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1598 on: June 14, 2013, 11:19:29 AM »
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 11:50:01 AM by carlwinslow »

Will Easley

« Reply #1599 on: June 14, 2013, 12:18:07 PM »

dat yeezus
http://www.sharebeast.com/u5w27jov7e4b
here's another if that one's slow
http://www.killerleaks.com/1eulugr55eua

Listening to it right now, that second link was super fast. dude's definitely on his electronica shit more than ever, but this shit ridin

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1600 on: June 14, 2013, 01:34:41 PM »
+1 for Carl.

can't wait to listen to this.

edit: full credits

1.   "On Sight" produced by Daft Punk 2:37
2.   "Black Skinhead" produced by Daft Punk Travis Scott (co.) Mike Dean (add.) 3:08
3.   "I Am a God" (featuring Justin Vernon) produced by Daft Punk Hudson Mohawke (co.) West (co.) Scott (co.) Dean (add.) Rick Rubin (add.) 3:52
4.   "New Slaves" (featuring Frank Ocean) produced by Daft Punk Scott (co.) Mohawke (co.) Dean (co.) West (add.) 4:16
5.   "Hold My Liquor" (featuring Chief Keef and Justin Vernon) produced by Young Chop Dean (co.) Arca (add.) Rubin (add.) 5:27
6.   "I'm in It" (featuring Justin Vernon) produced by RZA Scott (add.) Dean (add.) 3:55
7.   "Blood on the Leaves" (featuring Tony Williams) produced by TNGHT West (co.) Dean (add.) 6:00
8.   "Guilt Trip" (featuring Kid Cudi) produced by Symbolyc One Arca (co.) Scott (co.) Dean (co.) Ackeejuice Rockers (co.) 4:04
9.   "Send It Up" (featuring King L and Iamsu!) produced by Gesaffelstein Arca (co.) Daft Punk (co.) Mohawke (add.) 2:58
10.   "Bound 2" (featuring Charlie Wilson) produced by West No I.D. Symbolyc One (co.) The Heatmakerz (co.) Rubin (add.)

can't believe Daft Punk produced half this album. Travi$ Scott, Mike Dean, Hudson Mohawke/TNGHT, & a few others did the rest.

Kanye's getting on his Dr.Dre shit and having a bunch of producers and songwriters craft his beats for him.

(and i'm pretty sure Lupe Fiasco, Travi$ Scott & Rhymefest wrote on this. i think it's a progressive, electronic, hip-hop album, but it's not like he created it on his own.)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 12:50:32 AM by smokecrack »

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #1601 on: June 14, 2013, 05:26:31 PM »
beat me to it!  ;D i'm never surprised with leaks but i was thinking this one maybe wouldn't get a chance, considering he was working on it so close to the release date. my ears can't weight.

Thelonious P

• Rep: -12
  • BracknellMassif
« Reply #1602 on: June 15, 2013, 06:36:02 AM »
Yeezus > MBDTF  

Banger upon banger, god damn.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 06:39:04 AM by Thelonious P »

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #1603 on: June 15, 2013, 11:54:14 AM »
Yeezus is probably going to be the first album I've bought at full price in ages

thugnificent

« Reply #1604 on: June 15, 2013, 12:06:22 PM »
lol this is literally top 5 worst albums ive ever heard in my life, dude has brainwashed everyone into thinking everything he does is so creative and legendary

Will Easley

« Reply #1605 on: June 15, 2013, 02:18:16 PM »
lol this is literally top 5 worst albums ive ever heard in my life, dude has brainwashed everyone into thinking everything he does is so creative and legendary

Nah this shits definitely different but I still think its good. If you're expecting the college dropout Kayne then obviously you'll be disappointed, but if you're willing to hear him on some different shit it's pretty dope. I wasn't feeling it TOO much at first but upon multiple listens I'm really liking some of these songs. Maybe I might be biased just because I've already been listening to alot of experimental/electronica shit lately but I'm fuckin with this. Personally would've rather seen him do more of the MBDTF/Cruel Summer type shit but I ain't mad at him trying something new. On Sight, I Am a God, Guilt Trip, & Send It Up are probably my favorite tracks so far. Alot the songs on here probably sound fucking amazing at a rave or some shit. I would easily get fucked up & wild out in public to these songs.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:18:58 PM by Will Easley »

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #1606 on: June 15, 2013, 02:22:58 PM »
All u need to know about Kanye west, except that P-rod + Jack Curtin had his songs in their parts:

Can't find the oiginal 'gay fish' South Park- video which is hilarious. So the song will have to do the job.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 02:30:23 PM by _UniversalTruth_ »
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #1607 on: June 15, 2013, 08:19:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah this shits definitely different but I still think its good. If you're expecting the college dropout Kayne then obviously you'll be disappointed, but if you're willing to hear him on some different shit it's pretty dope. I wasn't feeling it TOO much at first but upon multiple listens I'm really liking some of these songs. Maybe I might be biased just because I've already been listening to alot of experimental/electronica shit lately but I'm fuckin with this. Personally would've rather seen him do more of the MBDTF/Cruel Summer type shit but I ain't mad at him trying something new. On Sight, I Am a God, Guilt Trip, & Send It Up are probably my favorite tracks so far. Alot the songs on here probably sound fucking amazing at a rave or some shit. I would easily get fucked up & wild out in public to these songs.

yeezus feels more like an art exhibition that a rap album. feels like you should be sitting in an empty room at the MOMA listening to it, not bumping it in the car. blood on the leaves is the best track of the album imo. its the most powerful

Will Easley

« Reply #1608 on: June 15, 2013, 09:31:09 PM »
Interesting bit about the cover art.

http://www.vibe.com/article/kanye-west-asks-you-please-add-graffiti-yeezus-cover

When Kanye West's Yeezus artwork first leaked it looked like this, and we thought this, and got all Encyclopedia Britannica about that.

But then the Redeemer of the Rap World changed it to this, and people were like "Wow that's creative! Not!" and "He's so postmodern," but that didn't stop him from ultimately going with this. Finally, all of this and that makes sense.

New posters promoting Kanye West blood-curling sixth LP, Yeezus, have hit the streets, and it seems that before channeling post-modernism or sleek Alexander Wang-inspired edges, the ever-fashionable West just wants you to have fun with it.

"Please Add Graffiti," read the giant street posters, egging people to get their Krylon cans in hand and do their best How & Nosm or Banksy on them.

Like 'Ye's "New Slaves" projections seen around the world, the whole idea is set to launch a viral Instagram marketing campaign. Hashtags: #PleaseAddGraffiti #Yeezusart #Yeezusgraffiti

- See more at: http://www.vibe.com/article/kanye-west-asks-you-please-add-graffiti-yeezus-cover#sthash.quEJYioI.dpuf

this album seriously just gets more & more infectious to listen to every time you hear it. The production is definitely the focal point of the album and Lyrically his flows & rhyme schemes aren't super-complex or anything but his metaphors and other references have an underlying "socially conscious" tone to them. His delivery for every line is perfect.  It's really deep shit when you look at the whole picture, because he's combining so many different vibes & emotions within each song. You gotta really "digest" the music and don't judge it off the bat. It's like abstract art in rap music form.

thugnificent

« Reply #1609 on: June 15, 2013, 09:42:31 PM »
nah i really dont buy that shit, people are reaching to find some deeper meaning when there isn't one. the album is autotune bullshit with no cohesiveness that felt like it had been made in less than week, but because its kanye and he's been telling everyone for years that hes a genius, people cosign it. its the exact same situation when lil wayne kept saying he was the best rapper alive, so people actually started believing it. like, his album cover is a picture of a blank cd and niggas think he's fuckin shakespear, give me a break. he's gotten shittier as an artist with each new album, i really didnt think it was possible to make an album worse than 808's and heartbreaks but he did it

carlwinslow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1610 on: June 15, 2013, 10:05:03 PM »
'i'm in it' is that real shrimp..put my fist in her like a civil rights sign..gold

Will Easley

« Reply #1611 on: June 15, 2013, 10:07:54 PM »
nah i really dont buy that shit, people are reaching to find some deeper meaning when there isn't one. the album is autotune bullshit with no cohesiveness that felt like it had been made in less than week, but because its kanye and he's been telling everyone for years that hes a genius, people cosign it. its the exact same situation when lil wayne kept saying he was the best rapper alive, so people actually started believing it. like, his album cover is a picture of a blank cd and niggas think he's fuckin shakespear, give me a break. he's gotten shittier as an artist with each new album, i really didnt think it was possible to make an album worse than 808's and heartbreaks but he did it

The whole reason he didnt have a radio single or cover art & canceled preorders is because he's on his whole "anti-establishment" stance. Now you see with the cover art or lack there of he's promoting the album virally thru social media with people all over the world doing graffiti on his promo posters. He canceled pre-orders & didnt put out any singles and this album is STILL gonna sell well plus get a ton of attention due to the controversial title & provocative subject matter. The album is pretty much a big fuck you to the media & music industry and despite that it's still gonna sell well & he's gonna continue to thrive. Honestly if you don't really listen to it multiple times you're not gonna "get" it. When I was first listening to it I thought all the songs sounded the same at first...but you cant just take a soundbite from one song & act like thats all it is because theres so many different breakdowns & transitions no song has one specific sound to it. It only sounds incohesive because you arent keeping up with the songs & the album itself. Accept the fact that its not what you were expecting & listen to it with an open-mind. I'm not gonna act like it's his best album ever or even the kind of album I wanted him to release, but its great music nonetheless. The sample he throws in the middle of the first song pretty much sums it up

carlwinslow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1612 on: June 15, 2013, 10:14:10 PM »
niggas think he's fuckin shakespear,
This the greatest shit in the club
Since "In Da Club"
It's so packed I might ride around
On my bodyguard's back like Prince in the club
She say "Can you get my friends in the club?"
I say "Can you get my Benz in the club?"
If not, treat your friends like my Benz
Park they ass outside 'til the evening end
When I go raw, I like to leave it in
When I wake up, I like to go again
When I go to work, she gotta call it in
She can't go to work, same clothes again
And her heart colder than the souls of men
Louboutin on the toes again
Tight dress dancing close to him
Yeezus just rose again
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 10:17:43 PM by carlwinslow »

thugnificent

« Reply #1613 on: June 15, 2013, 10:31:38 PM »
Expand Quote
niggas think he's fuckin shakespear,
[close]
This the greatest shit in the club
Since "In Da Club"
It's so packed I might ride around
On my bodyguard's back like Prince in the club
She say "Can you get my friends in the club?"
I say "Can you get my Benz in the club?"
If not, treat your friends like my Benz
Park they ass outside 'til the evening end
When I go raw, I like to leave it in
When I wake up, I like to go again
When I go to work, she gotta call it in
She can't go to work, same clothes again
And her heart colder than the souls of men
Louboutin on the toes again
Tight dress dancing close to him
Yeezus just rose again

he rhymes club 5 times within the first 6 lines, yeah hes a modern day walt whitman alright

I have listened to it a few times now to give it a fair chance, it comes off very forced and different only for the sake of being different, he probably thinks its wack too. he could release a song of him taking a dump and people would still act like its some next level shit

carlwinslow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1614 on: June 15, 2013, 10:42:06 PM »
he rhymes club 5 times within the first 6 lines, yeah hes a modern day walt whitman alright
you don't get it

thugnificent

« Reply #1615 on: June 15, 2013, 10:56:02 PM »
please enlighten me to the deeper meaning then

carlwinslow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1616 on: June 15, 2013, 11:01:56 PM »
please enlighten me to the deeper meaning then
he rode on his body guards back like prince in the club
!

thugnificent

« Reply #1617 on: June 15, 2013, 11:08:06 PM »
...you serious? obviously I know what he meant by that, its stated directly. what is the deeper meaning?

thugnificent

« Reply #1618 on: June 15, 2013, 11:43:46 PM »
what do you mean come on? those lines arent deep lol give me an original thought instead of pasting shit

carlwinslow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1619 on: June 16, 2013, 12:07:35 AM »
the story of yeezus' rising is pretty deep philosophically man trip on life blaze more dank nug #dank