Author Topic: Losing interest for skateboarding.  (Read 7893 times)

NowhereInLife

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
Re: Losing interest for skateboarding.
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 08:29:16 AM »
just do something else, skating doesn't need you and won't miss you (unless you're andrew reynolds or something).

there are no rules as to how much and when you have to skate.  if you're not skating everyday, week, or year you're kinda saving your body to do some later.

unless you do get fat, then you're fucked. a fucked fatty.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 08:42:52 AM »
Expand Quote
I don't believe that you can actually quit. On some level, you'll always be a skater. Can't really explain, but you'll probably understand
[close]
Real shit right there. I took a "break" for like 10 years, but even when I wasn't skating, I would see shit around and think about how fun it would be to skate it. Like Grim said too, I still regret giving it up, even though I skate every chance I get now.

same.  i stopped for longer than that.  basically after high school.  i would still always see the world as a potential skate spot.  anything that looked skateable i would fantasize about skating it.

i don't regret stopping (no regrets bro) but it bums me out a little because i'd probably be way better now if i had skated for the past 15 years.  plus now that i'm older it takes longer to recover from injuries.   on the upside, i think that maybe all that time spent not skating helped preserve my body a little more, so i can skate more now that i'm older.  i'd probably be a pile of torn ligaments and bones with pins in them by now if i had skated all that time
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2010, 09:14:57 AM »
faggots I thought you dudes were "lifers" and I was some jock that was going to quit. never thought about quitting. this is the shit I'm talking about. you guys aren't even skateboarders.

blablabla
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 09:45:19 AM »
faggots I thought you dudes were "lifers" and I was some jock that was going to quit. never thought about quitting. this is the shit I'm talking about. you guys aren't even skateboarders.
If you have never gone through a rut, than YOU are the one who is not a lifer. Who knows how dedicated they are if they haven't been challenged on it.

And to whoever said it, its true, not being able to skate makes it so much better. Living in SF I skated everyday for most of the day. Eventually, even though it was still fun, waking up and getting people together and finding the spot started to feel like a chore.
Now my job won't let me skate everyday, but when I do, its the fucking best.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

strangefires

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2010, 11:24:51 AM »
do something you enjoy /thread

the whompler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • https://vimeo.com/user36500511
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2010, 12:37:30 PM »
go to new places. i was getting sick of skating because i skated the same park/spots every time i'd skate. i took a break and went to some different places. that i've seen driving. and i've never been more hyped on skating.

this is some good advice. same scenario for me every time i start to lose drive. other than that take a break. distance makes the heart grow font... and shit.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If you have never gone through a rut, than YOU are the one who is not a lifer. Who knows how dedicated they are if they haven't been challenged on it.

And to whoever said it, its true, not being able to skate makes it so much better. Living in SF I skated everyday for most of the day. Eventually, even though it was still fun, waking up and getting people together and finding the spot started to feel like a chore.
hahaha so I'm just going to stop skating after 10+ years? you guys are idiots. I'm going to be getting it in at least 5 days a week until I  physically can't anymore. you guys are faggots. and you wonder shy you guys don?t know shit about skateboarding

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2010, 05:45:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
hahaha so I'm just going to stop skating after 10+ years? you guys are idiots. I'm going to be getting it in at least 5 days a week until I  physically can't anymore. you guys are faggots. and you wonder shy you guys don?t know shit about skateboarding
Remember how you were going to get an article showing you ripping it up, but you got scared and refused? Also, I don't know quite what that last sentence you wrote means.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2010, 07:46:56 PM »
You don't know shit about skateboarding, because you don't skateboard.

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2010, 08:05:16 PM »
What a weird time to be losing interest in skateboarding. Emerica Video, Krooked 3D, Antwuan Dixon Epicly Later'd, Crazy Bush Man, COTG Transition Challenge...I mean

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=40774.0

shit is just going off right now, and I suggest to the OP that you just skate like shit. Just start sessioning or skating around not doing anything tight, just get on your board and push around, no tricks and don't even try remotely hard. Over time you should develop this new hesh style. Just look at Eric Koston, he is a perfect example.

neon blitz

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2010, 10:49:38 PM »
ive been skating on and off sinse 2002, there are better things in life, trust me.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2010, 05:05:09 AM »
watching Cardiel's epicly laterd always get me hyped to skate again, thanks CB

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2010, 07:59:56 AM »
Just start sessioning or skating around not doing anything tight, just get on your board and push around, no tricks and don't even try remotely hard. Over time you should develop this new hesh style. Just look at Eric Koston, he is a perfect example.

that's the point i was making. i saw a friend or mine at the park yesterday who i hadn't seen in years. last time i saw him he was still in the scene, skating lots of street and still at that age where you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself to be good and shine but when i saw him yesterday he had made the lifer transformation on his trick selection. was skating way more transition, lots of five 0 grides and speed lines. once you reach that point where you've maxed out your skills that might impress others, then to stay in it you really have to find ways to skate that are more about fun and less about impressing people. i try to progress in all areas but if a trick isn't happening for me i just move to something different.

cotg you will get older too and until you find yourself peeking on skills and that most of your friends have quit or gotten busy with life then you haven't really had a chance to get bored with skating to the point where you think about stopping.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2010, 08:10:24 AM »
A shitload of my friends quit/don't skate that often. I go skateboarding by myself probably 2-5 days a week sometimes. I love how you guys act like you know me. I'm not trying to impress others, I usually do better tricks when I'm skating by myself. As far as ledge tricks go, I do a lot of shit pros would film, while I'm skating by myself, or with just 1 or 2 witnesses..

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2010, 10:14:58 AM »
A shitload of my friends quit/don't skate that often. I go skateboarding by myself probably 2-5 days a week sometimes. I love how you guys act like you know me. I'm not trying to impress others, I usually do better tricks when I'm skating by myself. As far as ledge tricks go, I do a lot of shit pros would film, while I'm skating by myself, or with just 1 or 2 witnesses..
Dude stop bragging, footage or gtfo

Lurkenstock

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2010, 10:29:47 AM »
I don't know man, a lot of people just aren't made for this shit.
If you are getting bored with skating and are questioning whether or not it's time to quit, then maybe it's time for you to just fucking quit.

I've been skating for 24 years and I have had a few instances over that time where I thought I was getting over it and I thought I would eventually just start skating less and less until I just flat out stopped one day but that shit didn't happen and it's not going to.

A lot of people say they're going to keep skating as long as they're physically able to and I think that's how it should be.
You might have to skate less as you get older due to stuff like a job, wife/girlfriend/kids, injury or what have you, but as long as you still have that urge and the drive to make it happen and skate when you can then you'll be doing fine.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2010, 10:35:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'm ot brgging, I'm just saying I don't give a shit whether it's 0 people or 100 people I'm going to get it in regardless. Hell, I'm probably less likely to get it in if there's a shitload of people.

Inanimate Object

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2010, 10:40:54 AM »
ive been skating on and off sinse 2002, there are better things in life, trust me.

Like spelling?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2010, 11:12:44 AM »
23 years of skateboarding so far.  Almost quit when I was going to college, kept skating and ended up having some of the best years doing it.  Almost quit after my divorce from my first marriage in 1999, kept skating and it helped me cope with that shit even though for 6 months I couldn't touch a board because the loss of concentration from the divorce constantly made me fall and the added stress would make me want to focus my board.  Almost quit when I decided to join the military in 2001, ended up being stationed in southeast Asia having the time of my life making friends everywhere just because I belonged to the brotherhood.  Even though my body is not the same as it was when I started, I wouldn't give this up.  Anyway, at 25 years, you get a gold watch and a plaque you can mount on the wall.

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2010, 11:44:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I'm ot brgging, I'm just saying I don't give a shit whether it's 0 people or 100 people I'm going to get it in regardless. Hell, I'm probably less likely to get it in if there's a shitload of people.

Of course.  Crowds throw off your awesomeness.  I feel you bro.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2010, 12:25:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Good. Don't brag. You talk like such a hotshot, and the one time somebody legitimately challenged you, you became a shrinking violet so fucking fast it made my head spin. I'd be willing to bet anybody here double the money that has been put down for the challenge itself that you don't submit anything.

Oh, and I work a full time job, go to graduate school also full time, but still manage to get in a couple days a week. Don't tell me you know what it means to be a real skater, or that I don't, because you ain't shit, now go learn how to drop in, We got about a month until your footage is due and I can wait to laugh at you.

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2010, 02:29:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Seriously, your tranny footy better be something in a hairy bowl. Why did your friends quit skating with you? Nevermind I think I know the answer...

Dude you just got so strange with that post too, are you PJ Ladd? How fucking emo was that post?

COTG, "I'm basically Fully Flared when no ones around, but then blah blah blah...Then I jump on the computer and tell everyone about Stoner Plaza, and blah blah blah, you don't know me, blah blah blah."

Dude I don't know if you've noticed but for years skaters have been putting up any kind of footage on the web even pros man. Quality Control is kinda out the door, your buddies at Crailtap and The Berrics, always have daily footage of crap, if you're such a good skater then releasing crap footage shouldn't be an issue for you.

Skateboarding wouldn't be where it is today without releasing funny/lame footage every once in a while,

It's what gives this industry a likeable personality that big companies see the popularity and wanna sign contracts.

So since you can't do that and are afraid too, you must not be a real skateboarder.

I think that is what people have been saying all along about you.

Every pro skater has some content out of them screwing around having fun. All you younger generation think all the content in the history of skateboarding, is on youtube.

You are missing out on what it's all about!

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2010, 03:23:03 PM »
COTG can nollie heel noseslide nollie heel out 4 out of 5 times. Who cares.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

neon blitz

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2010, 05:47:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Like spelling?

I Love how your pissed i said there are better things in life than skateboarding...

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2010, 05:59:37 AM »
I was thinking about actually replying to you clowns, but I did a treflip nose nollie heel first try yesterday. I really couldn't care any less about you losers.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2010, 06:40:35 AM »
going on 15 years, and all the injuries tha tI ignored when i was younger are takign their toll, I am having an exteneded off board break.

loggedinLurker

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2010, 07:12:58 AM »
I was thinking about actually replying to you clowns, but I did a treflip nose nollie heel first try yesterday. I really couldn't care any less about you losers.

Your street skills are unfuckwithable, but shouldn't you be practicing slashers in the oververt corner?

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2010, 07:19:49 AM »
well look at tilt mode or daewons crew. those guys are grown ass dudes most of them unsponsored with regular lives and 9 to 5s and they make skating happen for themselves. when I see that I cant think of a legitimate reason for why I cant continue skating when im older.

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2010, 08:25:28 AM »
If you didnt care about us losers you wouldnt mentioned it

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2010, 08:32:27 AM »
Take Drugs Seriously
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.