Author Topic: Antwuan Dixon going to jail for 1 year  (Read 130308 times)

ghettoD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Antwuan Dixon going to jail for 1 year
« Reply #270 on: December 14, 2010, 07:47:56 AM »
Deathwish took his board away....

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #271 on: December 14, 2010, 08:00:55 AM »
^I meant that Deathwish will keep Antwuan's board around for a while, just like they did with Mariano in late 90's early 2000's.  Not that Mariano has the best selling board.

Yeah, maybe they keep selling his old pro boards. But like I said earlier in this thread, in the new Deathwish catalog, all pros had new pro boards except for Antwuan. So something is up.
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #272 on: December 14, 2010, 08:07:41 AM »
Expand Quote
^I meant that Deathwish will keep Antwuan's board around for a while, just like they did with Mariano in late 90's early 2000's.?  Not that Mariano has the best selling board.
[close]

Yeah, maybe they keep selling his old pro boards. But like I said earlier in this thread, in the new Deathwish catalog, all pros had new pro boards except for Antwuan. So something is up.

also (i assume to meet quota) they gave furby two

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #273 on: December 14, 2010, 08:28:45 AM »
It is a little strange how everyone on the team has
5 boards while Antwaun only has 3
http://www.bakerboysdist.com/catalogs/
ableSkateMag.com

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #274 on: December 14, 2010, 09:08:44 AM »

haha, maybe its because the other guys actually skate their boards...

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #275 on: December 14, 2010, 03:37:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you realize they don't just skate their own boards, right?
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

NCSB

• Rep: 15
« Reply #276 on: December 14, 2010, 04:04:23 PM »
well whats even weirder is that antwuan doesnt have a board in the new series

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #277 on: December 14, 2010, 04:16:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
haha, niccce.

jayrolla420

• Rep: -4
« Reply #278 on: December 14, 2010, 09:48:58 PM »
Is this exactly what Baker/Deathwish had planned out all along?  I mean they said, lets just not say anything, let the buzz build........
And every once in a while we might get some hints....

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #279 on: December 14, 2010, 10:11:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

well, why would they put their names on them then? so that they know, which board belongs to who. bang, no crying at the spot because somebody skated the wrong board. pro-skaters do shit for a reason.

todd rodd

• Rep: 5
« Reply #280 on: December 14, 2010, 10:35:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

well, why would they put their names on them then? so that they know, which board belongs to who. bang, no crying at the spot because somebody skated the wrong board. pro-skaters do shit for a reason.

SCHOOLED

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #281 on: December 14, 2010, 10:38:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I can't tell if you're kidding, or really that stupid??

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #282 on: December 14, 2010, 11:22:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I can't tell if you're kidding, or really that stupid??

haha, and what does that tell me about you?

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #283 on: December 14, 2010, 11:31:51 PM »
Sarcasm often doesn't translate well through text

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #284 on: December 15, 2010, 12:29:43 AM »
thats the fuel of message-boards.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #285 on: December 15, 2010, 06:08:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I guarantee they're gonna let him fade into obscurity.  Out of sight, out of mind.  How many other celebrities (and I don't just mean skateboarding) have been on top of the world, only to disappear two years later??

If he makes a comeback, they'll hype him up again, say they always had his back and all that shit.  But if this is it, then he's gone, and it's alot easier that way.  World's a fuckin' harsh place kids.
[close]

you're probably wrong. they'll have his back either way.  as long as he keeps making them money
[close]
[close]

^This is the truth.  They'll keep his pro board around for awhile.  It's probably Death Wish's best seller.  Kinda like GIRL with Mariano.  But I doubt they'll say a whole lot about his personal problems, and in a few years (if that) when kids don't really know who that crazy Antwuan guy is, and most of us don't really remember ("whatever happened to that guy...?" kinda thing) his board will disappear from pro line up.

I'm not wishing for bad things from him.  Here's hoping he gets his shit together.  But I'm just saying it's not really too likely.

whats weird to me is that for some reason you guys can only see him as antuwan the cash cow and not antuwan the friend that all the baker/deathwish guys skated and chilled with for years.   as if its not possible that a bunch of guys thatve been there would look out for their own fade pedler and would only opt to kill his body and milk his corpse instead of giving him a helping hand. i dont know. i think its sad.

and i think its even weirder that some people think that reynolds only vested interest in the dude is as a marketing tool because that doesnt really speak to how bakers been doing it for the past 10 years. hes not just some dude theyre gonna use and throw away. hes their dude. faded or not.  i really dont think itll be a girl type of deal like with sheffy or mariano. for sure they'll help him out when he gets out of jail and youll see him everywhere again doing his thing again. watch and wait.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #286 on: December 15, 2010, 08:36:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I guarantee they're gonna let him fade into obscurity.  Out of sight, out of mind.  How many other celebrities (and I don't just mean skateboarding) have been on top of the world, only to disappear two years later??

If he makes a comeback, they'll hype him up again, say they always had his back and all that shit.  But if this is it, then he's gone, and it's alot easier that way.  World's a fuckin' harsh place kids.
[close]

you're probably wrong. they'll have his back either way.  as long as he keeps making them money
[close]
[close]

^This is the truth.  They'll keep his pro board around for awhile.  It's probably Death Wish's best seller.  Kinda like GIRL with Mariano.  But I doubt they'll say a whole lot about his personal problems, and in a few years (if that) when kids don't really know who that crazy Antwuan guy is, and most of us don't really remember ("whatever happened to that guy...?" kinda thing) his board will disappear from pro line up.

I'm not wishing for bad things from him.  Here's hoping he gets his shit together.  But I'm just saying it's not really too likely.
[close]

whats weird to me is that for some reason you guys can only see him as antuwan the cash cow and not antuwan the friend that all the baker/deathwish guys skated and chilled with for years.   as if its not possible that a bunch of guys thatve been there would look out for their own fade pedler and would only opt to kill his body and milk his corpse instead of giving him a helping hand. i dont know. i think its sad.

and i think its even weirder that some people think that reynolds only vested interest in the dude is as a marketing tool because that doesnt really speak to how bakers been doing it for the past 10 years. hes not just some dude theyre gonna use and throw away. hes their dude. faded or not.  i really dont think itll be a girl type of deal like with sheffy or mariano. for sure they'll help him out when he gets out of jail and youll see him everywhere again doing his thing again. watch and wait.

i sure hope you?re right. i remember the feeling when marianos part in fully flared started, it was so fucking awesome.

Inbred Jed

« Reply #287 on: December 15, 2010, 08:53:58 AM »
Antwaun going to jail is the biggest miscarriage of justice since the Fat Boys went for jail for trying to curb their insatiable hunger.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #288 on: December 15, 2010, 11:03:32 AM »
Antwaun going to jail is the biggest miscarriage of justice since the Fat Boys went for jail for trying to curb their insatiable hunger.

Clever as all get out.

Also funny "fade pedler", which actually should be spelled 'fade peddler'', but I liked it all the same.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #289 on: December 15, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

i dont know, watching that epicly later'd it seemed like reynolds and antwan aren't that close. he did mention he only talks to him occasionally and something about how he'd only have to film a few tricks and he could make money ass a pro skater for a 'really long time'.
antwan as a marketing gimmick is undeniable and i do think it's possible that theyd let this nigga slip throgh the cracks indefinately-i'd hope not but even the recent tharsher first look was telling when Lizard made the sarcastic comment about antwan having a lot of footage. at this point i do kinda question the family aspect of the bakerboys or whatever-at least in terms of antwan being a close member.

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

IskateBaker

• Rep: -70
« Reply #290 on: December 15, 2010, 12:08:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

lol i suppose ur joking?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 12:10:43 PM by IskateBaker »
nigga when's the last time you caught a pokemon with a great ball?

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #291 on: December 15, 2010, 12:12:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I guarantee they're gonna let him fade into obscurity.� Out of sight, out of mind.� How many other celebrities (and I don't just mean skateboarding) have been on top of the world, only to disappear two years later??

If he makes a comeback, they'll hype him up again, say they always had his back and all that shit.� But if this is it, then he's gone, and it's alot easier that way.� World's a fuckin' harsh place kids.
[close]

you're probably wrong. they'll have his back either way.as long as he keeps making them money
[close]
[close]

^This is the truth.� They'll keep his pro board around for awhile.� It's probably Death Wish's best seller.� Kinda like GIRL with Mariano.� But I doubt they'll say a whole lot about his personal problems, and in a few years (if that) when kids don't really know who that crazy Antwuan guy is, and most of us don't really remember ("whatever happened to that guy...?" kinda thing) his board will disappear from pro line up.

I'm not wishing for bad things from him.� Here's hoping he gets his shit together.� But I'm just saying it's not really too likely.
[close]

whats weird to me is that for some reason you guys can only see him as antuwan the cash cow and not antuwan the friend that all the baker/deathwish guys skated and chilled with for years.� �as if its not possible that a bunch of guys thatve been there would look out for their own fade pedler and would only opt to kill his body and milk his corpse instead of giving him a helping hand. i dont know. i think its sad.

and i think its even weirder that some people think that reynolds only vested interest in the dude is as a marketing tool because that doesnt really speak to how bakers been doing it for the past 10 years. hes not just some dude theyre gonna use and throw away. hes their dude. faded or not.� i really dont think itll be a girl type of deal like with sheffy or mariano. for sure they'll help him out when he gets out of jail and youll see him everywhere again doing his thing again. watch and wait.
[close]
i dont know, watching that epicly later'd it seemed like reynolds and antwan aren't that close. he did mention he only talks to him occasionally and something about how he'd only have to film a few tricks and he could make money ass a pro skater for a 'really long time'.
antwan as a marketing gimmick is undeniable and i do think it's possible that theyd let this nigga slip throgh the cracks indefinately-i'd hope not but even the recent tharsher first look was telling when Lizard made the sarcastic comment about antwan having a lot of footage. at this point i do kinda question the family aspect of the bakerboys or whatever-at least in terms of antwan being a close member.

I think for the most part, they do try to keep that family aspect going.  But if Antwuan hasn't been out skating, which he obviously hasn't from all the stories going around, then he's sort of removed himself from the Baker/Deathwish family.  I'm sure they cared about him on a personal level a lot when he first got on the team.  But people drift away from each other.  And it seems to me that those guys don't really have a whole lot to do with Antwuan anymore.  Is that his fault, or the Baker guys fault...who knows??  But either way, he isn't around anymore.  And like I said, out of sight, out of mind.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #292 on: December 15, 2010, 11:05:35 PM »
It's funny how everyone has all these different theories about Antwuan and speculate whether or not the Baker dudes actually care about him or if they're cut throat business men just using him to sell a few more boards. None of you people have any clue what goes on besides what you see in videos and a bit of gossip you get to read on a forum.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #293 on: December 15, 2010, 11:19:55 PM »
how is this funny at all?
did you not start this thread based on gossip and speculation?

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

TheFreshSC

« Reply #294 on: December 15, 2010, 11:27:10 PM »
Still waiting for somebody to bump this thread with further factual details

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #295 on: December 15, 2010, 11:40:27 PM »
fact 1. nobody knows what in the green blazes is going on.
fact 2. free A.D.

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #296 on: December 16, 2010, 04:47:25 PM »
I don't know what's going on an no offense I don't think anybody cares. But going by your guy's word on him not having as many board graphics as the other dudes, maybe his sales are generally down. If his sales were up and he was going to jail then fuck it, sell his boards if shit is moving. That would entail what you guys are saying that they are just making money off his image.

But if his sales are down, then cut back some of the graphics. That makes sense.

If that is the case, his sales are down, AND he is going to jail; then this would be an indication of a massive downward spiral of one of the most stylish dudes having a 15 minutes of fame type career.

Cannot wait to hear the verdict. And to see the Deathwish video...

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #297 on: December 16, 2010, 05:40:06 PM »
In 2025, when Epicly Later'd is beamed directly to your brain in 2millionP 3D, the "Where Are the Adicts Now" episode about Antwuan(sp) will be a fun 15 minutes.

LesbianPUNCH

« Reply #298 on: December 17, 2010, 03:11:58 PM »
I spent three days in jail about two weeks ago, and I think he'll fit in just fine.  But man, one year.  Three days and I almost lost my mind completely.  Good luck, if this is true.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #299 on: December 17, 2010, 03:56:42 PM »
how is this funny at all?
did you not start this thread based on gossip and speculation?

No it is not gossip or speculation. It 100% happened brother
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon