Author Topic: greatest misses  (Read 38603 times)

bumpnrun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: greatest misses
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2011, 04:36:50 PM »
Dill's  sw fs crook at 2:15.  The photo looks way sicker than the actual footage.

Worth watching the whole thing though. 

velocirapedher

• Rep: -13
  • Get fingered!
« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2011, 10:17:05 PM »
Dill's  sw fs crook at 2:15.  The photo looks way sicker than the actual footage.

Sick post switch backtail at 2:06 was regular and all Cardiel footage is obvious.

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2011, 11:27:38 AM »
Arto Saari, switch bs 180 over the rail. This was an old ?s ad from 2001. The photo is good, Atiba deliver as always.

You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2011, 12:20:10 PM »
Arto Saari, switch bs 180 over the rail. This was an old ?s ad from 2001. The photo is good, Atiba deliver as always.

It's somewhere in here.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

dankradschwag

« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2011, 12:36:29 PM »
i think half of nate jones' photos

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2011, 02:10:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
It's somewhere in here.

The ad says switch bs 180 and in the clip he does a regular bs 180. But I wouldn't be surprised if that one is the "switch" one in the ad.
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

Brent212

• Rep: 1
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2011, 10:18:43 AM »
I really want to see the footage of this. Sorry for the shitty pic, my cell phone camera's terrible. It's a Circa ad in Lowcard.

apad88

« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2011, 11:01:13 AM »
I really want to see the footage of this. Sorry for the shitty pic, my cell phone camera's terrible. It's a Circa ad in Lowcard.

wasn't that from that Skate &Create thing

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2011, 04:28:46 PM »

2:10

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2011, 09:45:08 AM »
Anybody know from what year and month is that Pappalardo SF cover you guys are talking about is from? I'm dying to see that and I want to look it up.

EDIT:It's from the March 2006 issue. Couldn't find it anywhere online, anybody have that issue that they can scan?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 09:54:26 AM by gsosa »

pollutedvision

« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2011, 01:58:28 PM »
Okay I was just watching Anthology and I saw Jeremy Wray try to frontside 360 love gap, thats a great miss!

Also Lincoln Ueda is like the Nuge of Vert.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 02:03:03 PM by pollutedvision »

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2011, 07:35:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
It's somewhere in here.

[close]

The ad says switch bs 180 and in the clip he does a regular bs 180. But I wouldn't be surprised if that one is the "switch" one in the ad.

Looking at the filmed, unless he's really quick to move out of the way, I'd think that's a photo of a regular back 180?
p-shuvs and v-flips

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2011, 08:18:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
It's somewhere in here.

[close]

[close]

Looking at the filmed, unless he's really quick to move out of the way, I'd think that's a photo of a regular back 180?

I also think this is regular.

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2011, 08:33:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
It's somewhere in here.

[close]

[close]

[close]

I also think this is regular.

Yeah probably. But pretty lame to put switch on the ad, because is there someone who can pull that off, it's Arto.

jaesi25

• Rep: -153
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2011, 08:44:08 AM »
everything eric fletcher.
what i want when i want with who i want how i want.

get some

• Rep: 47
  • fromthewombtothetombpresumetheunpredictable
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2011, 10:14:16 AM »

Damn that was a really good watch, thanks for posting! switch front crook looked pretty good to me!
say they ain't no gravity up there....mean we could get high and never come down....

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2011, 12:14:27 PM »
damn! always wondered about that switch front crooks. it was actually really good! the only reason i can see that it wouldn't be used is because the footage kinda looks like a switch nosegrind (still awesome). i can't remember off the top of my head, but had anyone switch nosegrinded it before that? the photo was super crooked out, but the one he made seemed more straight and he seemed to be sitting on more of his truck. could just be the way it was filmed though.. that angle for front crooks almost never does them justice.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2011, 01:00:33 PM »

i thought it would be in stay gold for sure. then i thought it would be in his b sides. maybe they just scrapped it cuz kenny hoyle nollie heel nose slid it?

also kinda hate that it had to be nick merlino to one up that heath emerica ad over the rail. would be more stoked to see heath ollie it than merlino switch ollie and kickflip it

im probably lying

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2011, 01:20:54 PM »
Being a follower of the cult of Gall I was pretty excited about all the photos he had come out after his Inhabitants part. He had at least 3 interviews and was in a few tour articles with him and almost none of that was in Origins. It is not clear if this was from Joe Castrucci's infamous Fred Gall censorship (see Thrasher "Brutality"), if there was no filmer or if he didn't land some of the tricks.

This cover was one of the gnarliest examples. Maybe he didn't land far enough into the bank for them to use it or something, who knows. It looks so gnarly. He later skated the spot differently with a little DIY bank but I want to see this footage!

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2011, 02:03:36 PM »
that clip is DEFINITELY in something. i'm at work now and don't feel like sifting, but i'm sure someone will post it.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2011, 02:49:21 PM »
that clip is DEFINITELY in something. i'm at work now and don't feel like sifting, but i'm sure someone will post it.
I am almost positive the footage you saw is of him skating the same spot but he built a little DIY wallride right before the big bank.

edit: at :38 you can see the larger bank in the background that he skates in the above cover photo. He is skating a little DIY bank. Still sick though.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 02:54:08 PM by happenstance »

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2011, 02:55:06 PM »
http://skateboarders.le-site-du-skateboard.com/files/beasley-thunder-ad.jpg

No idea why this wasn't in theotis's tws part. it's possible that it's because wes kremer had a really similar switch tre in his part. either way, look at that flick! dude wants it! hope this footage is in the shake junt or deathwish video.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 389
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2011, 05:04:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
hsu photo of his bs 50 on the rail against a wall with a steep bank below it, i think it was a cover??

[close]

[close]

Wow, that one is brutal. I hope we get to see that in the enjoi video. Here in better quallity:

haha I have that issue like 3 feet away from me right now, I loved the figgy interview in there

In that same issue the was a sequence of Nick Trapasso doing a 360 shove down MACBA never saw the footy

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2011, 05:33:56 PM »
Last trick
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2011, 06:39:50 PM »

That was in the blind video if your talking about the cover, im sure of it

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2011, 06:53:35 PM »
caswell is the bestest i always wanted to see that cover

im probably lying

Hannity

« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2011, 08:11:03 PM »
Being a follower of the cult of Gall I was pretty excited about all the photos he had come out after his Inhabitants part. He had at least 3 interviews and was in a few tour articles with him and almost none of that was in Origins. It is not clear if this was from Joe Castrucci's infamous Fred Gall censorship (see Thrasher "Brutality"), if there was no filmer or if he didn't land some of the tricks.

This cover was one of the gnarliest examples. Maybe he didn't land far enough into the bank for them to use it or something, who knows. It looks so gnarly. He later skated the spot differently with a little DIY bank but I want to see this footage!
3:14

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2011, 08:24:30 PM »
definately belongs in here. thats a terrible lie for a cover.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2011, 08:50:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
3:14
Wow, don't know how I missed that. Rad clip!

Jesus-Condom

• Rep: 0
« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2011, 11:34:40 PM »