Author Topic: Ask Karl  (Read 259866 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Ask Karl
« Reply #480 on: March 27, 2011, 10:07:35 AM »

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

BraveUlysses

« Reply #481 on: March 27, 2011, 10:21:38 AM »
What would you do if J Cassonova begged for a spot on Organika because Selfish went out of business and his rapping didnt work out and he had no way to make ends meet?

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #482 on: March 28, 2011, 01:35:10 AM »
Expand Quote
damn another song i wanted to use. tight commercial though.

are you filming for another video part right now? what are your next up coming projects?
[close]
Oh, you wanted to use that song in my LRG commercial? Thats tight... You can still use it my man.

Not working on any video parts at the moment... Just filming and shooting photos ;) I've been working with 9Five eyewear a lot lately, they're giving me a signature frame so I'm pretty stoked on that...
word!!! i didn't mean to sound like an asshole i was just a little bummed for a minute but now i'm just glad someone used it that i like to watch skate instead of some random kid skating a park & word! hyped that you're out there skating & having a good time.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

BKSB

• Rep: 1
« Reply #483 on: March 28, 2011, 03:18:46 AM »
Karl,

What do you think of English skaters?

And do you agree that it's a ton harder for UK skaters to get coverage they deserve due to lack of perfect spots and companies all being based in the US?

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #484 on: March 28, 2011, 03:37:00 AM »
Karl,

And do you agree that it's a ton harder for UK skaters to get coverage they deserve due to lack of perfect spots and companies all being based in the US?

obviously im not Karl (i wish HA) but the spots bieng all rough doesnt make it harder to get coverage, infact usually it makes it easier because we can do simpler tricks on harsher spots and still get coverage because the trick is "as gnarly" but yes the fact that most big companies are based in the US makes it harder but there has been a great increase in UK indipendant board companies in recent years so theres more options.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #485 on: March 28, 2011, 07:52:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
damn another song i wanted to use. tight commercial though.

are you filming for another video part right now? what are your next up coming projects?
[close]
Oh, you wanted to use that song in my LRG commercial? Thats tight... You can still use it my man.

Not working on any video parts at the moment... Just filming and shooting photos ;) I've been working with 9Five eyewear a lot lately, they're giving me a signature frame so I'm pretty stoked on that...
[close]
word!!! i didn't mean to sound like an asshole i was just a little bummed for a minute but now i'm just glad someone used it that i like to watch skate instead of some random kid skating a park & word! hyped that you're out there skating & having a good time.
i thought the same thing when JT used shocking blue for his part, the chief knows whats up

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #486 on: March 28, 2011, 07:55:56 AM »
Karl, whenever you skate with Walker was Austin Kanfoush ever there? If so, what did you think of his skating in person?
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #487 on: March 28, 2011, 01:21:38 PM »
Karl,

I'll answer it too. That industry, those magazines, and the photographers and filmers that film for it are from the U.S., built from an industry started in the U.S. It's not like God came down and said that people in the states deserve coverage and people in the U.K. don't. The fact is that the U.S. built its own scene and sponsored skaters from that scene. The fact that U.K. skaters want to be part of the U.S. industry is kind of dumb. You want more industry in the UK? Start a magazine, start a company, build a spot. The U.S. industry doesn't owe the U.K. shit. Fucking entitled Europeans need to realize it has been well established you aren't the center of the Universe.
Also, most cities in the U.S. are rough. Just because SD and LA are smooth doesn't mean the other 98% of America is always skating smooth spots
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #488 on: March 28, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Karl,

[close]
I'll answer it too. That industry, those magazines, and the photographers and filmers that film for it are from the U.S., built from an industry started in the U.S. It's not like God came down and said that people in the states deserve coverage and people in the U.K. don't. The fact is that the U.S. built its own scene and sponsored skaters from that scene. The fact that U.K. skaters want to be part of the U.S. industry is kind of dumb. You want more industry in the UK? Start a magazine, start a company, build a spot. The U.S. industry doesn't owe the U.K. shit. Fucking entitled Europeans need to realize it has been well established you aren't the center of the Universe.
Also, most cities in the U.S. are rough. Just because SD and LA are smooth doesn't mean the other 98% of America is always skating smooth spots

wow, that was much better than what i said

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #489 on: March 28, 2011, 02:42:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Karl,

[close]

Truthfully, you answer most things whether they are questions or not, so I don't know if the opener was needed, but that answer comes pretty correct..
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #490 on: March 28, 2011, 03:24:38 PM »
Yo Karl, you're the best, thanks for the free shit.

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #491 on: March 28, 2011, 04:11:42 PM »
I will send you a dollar if you post a pic of the stuff, you and the mailing label.  Even if you don't, congrats on free goods.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #492 on: March 28, 2011, 04:14:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I will send you a dollar if you post a pic of the stuff, you and the mailing label.?  Even if you don't, congrats on free goods.
lol I will post pic when I find my camera, but why the mailing label?

RIPHARWICHSKATEPARK

• Rep: 0
« Reply #493 on: March 28, 2011, 07:02:13 PM »
yo karllll mane wats up big fan from cape cod mass doing your thing you said one of your fav shoes is the the stevie williams the reason u got any for sale and what other shoes they dont make any more u got on stash i know you got some some duffs kck something mane please lemme no kayo corp for like all i ride is dgk

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #494 on: March 28, 2011, 07:07:08 PM »
yo karllll mane wats up big fan from cape cod mass doing your thing you said one of your fav shoes is the the stevie williams the reason u got any for sale and what other shoes they dont make any more u got on stash i know you got some some duffs kck something mane please lemme no kayo corp for like all i ride is dgk

stay in school kids.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #495 on: March 28, 2011, 07:12:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

stay in school kids.
Yeah, go back to literature and language arts class for fuck's sake.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:42:27 PM by Skater Austin »

nylin

« Reply #496 on: March 28, 2011, 07:26:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

stay in school kids.
[close]
Yeah, go back to literature and language arts classfor fuck's sake.

come on now

Ex Lion Tamer

• Rep: 20
« Reply #497 on: March 28, 2011, 09:52:21 PM »
Great choice with that PiL song. Always wanted to hear that in a video.  8)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 02:06:24 AM by Ex Lion Tamer »

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #498 on: March 28, 2011, 11:35:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

stay in school kids.
[close]
Yeah, go back to literature and language arts classfor fuck's sake.
[close]

come on now
You criticize Austin yet you don't begin your sentence with a capital letter or end it with a period.

RIPHARWICHSKATEPARK

• Rep: 0
« Reply #499 on: March 29, 2011, 03:29:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

stay in school kids.
Sorry i didnt know this was english class we talking about skateboarding not grammar i am sure he understands what i said you one of those kids that just go around correcting everyone you prob dont even skate since when is skateboarding have to be perfect grammar were not fucking writers stop hating and talkin shit about someone you dont even know

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #500 on: March 29, 2011, 10:06:03 AM »
one time i shaved my pubes into a mohawk

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #501 on: March 29, 2011, 10:16:56 AM »
What would you do if J Cassonova begged for a spot on Organika because Selfish went out of business and his rapping didnt work out and he had no way to make ends meet?
LOL! I would tell him to go back to his roots and forget about becoming the next big rapper... I think if he publicly gave up rapping and solely focused on skating he would be excepted in the skateboard community again... But he doesn't fit Organika.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #502 on: March 29, 2011, 10:23:19 AM »
Karl,

Well, I don't really think about English skaters being any different then US skaters. But I do see the downside to living outside of the states when it comes to getting recognized on an international level.  And yes, the spots are no joke out there. They're kinda like East Coast spots..

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #503 on: March 29, 2011, 10:28:57 AM »
Karl, whenever you skate with Walker was Austin Kanfoush ever there? If so, what did you think of his skating in person?
Whats up Mr. Mcpeepants  ;D

Im not sure if ever skated with Austin but I bet he's hella good. All skaters are good now and days....

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #504 on: March 29, 2011, 10:32:01 AM »
You're very welcome dude ;)

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #505 on: March 29, 2011, 10:38:52 AM »
Cape Cod represent!!!
No, I don't have any old Stevie shoes for sell. Those might be hard to find these days... I have some old Ipaths but thats about it. Thanks for the question and for reppin Kayo..

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #506 on: March 29, 2011, 10:45:20 AM »
Great choice with that PiL song. Always wanted to hear that in a video.  8)
Dude! Thanks!! I love that song and when Anthony Claravall recommended it for my part I was stoked... A lot of folks thought it didn't fit my style/image but I like rock and different types of music more than reggae and hip hop. I pretty much like what sounds good and PIL is tight :o

get some

• Rep: 47
  • fromthewombtothetombpresumetheunpredictable
« Reply #507 on: March 29, 2011, 11:55:38 AM »
yo I just got that box, thanks Karl!
say they ain't no gravity up there....mean we could get high and never come down....

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #508 on: March 29, 2011, 04:24:49 PM »
yo I just got that box, thanks Karl!
You're welcome ;D
Im glad you got some, get some....

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #509 on: March 29, 2011, 09:49:22 PM »
who is your favorite team member to room with at Hotels on Organika trips? how about LRG trips?

also, could I get a box?  ;D
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.