Author Topic: Ask Karl  (Read 259886 times)

Simon Sandleshit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: Ask Karl
« Reply #870 on: November 06, 2011, 07:03:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Karl, was quite bummed you weren't at the LRG signing in Dallas this week. :/
[close]
Yeah, me too. I really wanted to come out there but something came up.  Who ended up coming from the LRG team?

I would have been stoked to see you there Karl. It was Jack Curtin, Tommy Sandoval and Billy Marks, that were there.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #871 on: November 06, 2011, 07:23:29 PM »
how do you fix a broken heart?

im probably lying

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #872 on: November 06, 2011, 08:00:20 PM »
how do you fix a broken heart?
Contemplation of our vast Universe :o

That ish sucks but I know you'll be better : )

baconeggandcheese

• Rep: 41
« Reply #873 on: November 06, 2011, 08:18:49 PM »
Karl, should I pull some tubes of sour d or bubba kush?  Organic Colorado grown of course.
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #874 on: November 06, 2011, 10:00:42 PM »
Karl, should I pull some tubes of sour d or bubba kush?  Organic Colorado grown of course.
Sour d for sure  ;)
Big ups to Colorado!!!!

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #875 on: November 07, 2011, 08:05:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hi Karl
What should I have for breakfast tomorrow?
[close]
...and what should I have for breakfast tomorrow?
[close]
Haha! You guys are rad!
I dont know what you guys like to eat in the morning but I love smoothies.
Here's what I mix together:
-1 Banana
- 1/2 pack of Acai
- Mongo or Apple juice
Gotta love it!

Alright, well I don't have a blender anymore since an ex-roomie let his strawberry milkshake sit in it till the thing started growing hair,
But i just took a trip to the store and this is the best I could set up

a 'nana, some acai juice, and a tropical blend of guava, passion fruit and orange

I figured if I just drank and ate it all at the same time, I could make a mouthshake.

Kinda worked.
Thanks for the tip Karl, and sorry for making everyone else puke in their mouths a little bit
@idealhandmades

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #876 on: November 07, 2011, 09:07:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hi Karl
What should I have for breakfast tomorrow?
[close]
...and what should I have for breakfast tomorrow?
[close]
Haha! You guys are rad!
I dont know what you guys like to eat in the morning but I love smoothies.
Here's what I mix together:
-1 Banana
- 1/2 pack of Acai
- Mongo or Apple juice
Gotta love it!
[close]

Alright, well I don't have a blender anymore since an ex-roomie let his strawberry milkshake sit in it till the thing started growing hair,
But i just took a trip to the store and this is the best I could set up

a 'nana, some acai juice, and a tropical blend of guava, passion fruit and orange

I figured if I just drank and ate it all at the same time, I could make a mouthshake.

Kinda worked.
Thanks for the tip Karl, and sorry for making everyone else puke in their mouths a little bit
Sweatercuff, you're the illest!!! Next time you come to the bay we're hooking up for sure!

VictoriousOG

« Reply #877 on: November 07, 2011, 10:28:23 AM »
Karl, I see you're almost at a 1000 posts for SLAP Pal status. Who will be the first person you'll gnar?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #878 on: November 07, 2011, 07:14:37 PM »
Karl, I see you're almost at a 1000 posts for SLAP Pal status. Who will be the first person you'll gnar?
Since im still pretty much a novice at this whole SLAP thing, what exactly does gnaring someone mean? Thanks

VictoriousOG

« Reply #879 on: November 07, 2011, 08:25:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Since im still pretty much a novice at this whole SLAP thing, what exactly does gnaring someone mean? Thanks
There is gnarring and kooking, gnar makes your rep positive I.E. yours, where kooking makes a you have negative rep I.E. mine. SLAP Pals have this wonderful horrible tool to control the board.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #880 on: November 09, 2011, 07:45:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
There is gnarring and kooking, gnar makes your rep positive I.E. yours, where kooking makes a you have negative rep I.E. mine. SLAP Pals have this wonderful horrible tool to control the board.
Thanks for the info. In that case I think I'll gnar Friendly Dave and Tate first.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #881 on: November 09, 2011, 07:47:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Thanks for the info. In that case I think I'll gnar Friendly Dave and Tate first.

i am pretty sure i already know the answer, but just because i am a curious cat: is there someone you would kook on this board?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #882 on: November 09, 2011, 07:54:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

i am pretty sure i already know the answer, but just because i am a curious cat: is there someone you would kook on this board?
LOL Well...
There were a couple of folks that I would have kooked about 9 months ago but now I honestly cant think of anybody. Im sure the time will come though  LOL

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #883 on: November 09, 2011, 07:57:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
LOL Well...
There were a couple of folks that I would have kooked about 9 months ago but now I honestly cant think of anybody. Im sure the time will come though  LOL

aaah, he fell in love with the creeps haha... just wait until the nyjah part comes out.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #884 on: November 12, 2011, 12:35:53 PM »
exactly how much money have you lost to chico? or was that just a gag?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #885 on: November 12, 2011, 09:32:18 PM »
exactly how much money have you lost to chico? or was that just a gag?
Well...Honestly we played it up a bit but Chico is pretty much always the overall winner when it comes to our bets. I think he's won about five to eight hundred bucks from me alone  :o Chico rarely loses.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #886 on: November 12, 2011, 09:42:50 PM »
Hey karl, if you had to have a job outside of skateboarding what would it be? (well, what would you like it to be?) and can we see some praxis samples?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #887 on: November 12, 2011, 10:08:42 PM »
Hey karl, if you had to have a job outside of skateboarding what would it be? (well, what would you like it to be?) and can we see some praxis samples?
Hey, whats up dude  ;)

I would love to be a screenplay writer or an architect. Those two skills/careers definitely catch my interest.

We're getting Praxis samples in next month and I'll most def post a picture of them.

Peace out, sleepypancakes!

Mr Squiggle

« Reply #888 on: November 12, 2011, 11:21:58 PM »
Hi Karl, what is your favourite skateboard brand excluding Kayo ones. Also do you prefer cats or dogs?
Sincerely, Mr Squiggle

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #889 on: November 28, 2011, 04:50:21 AM »
Hey Karl, havent heard from you in a while so I figured I'll ask a question. I just saw Joey Guevara's sick mag minute, and he seems to be rocking Organika boards. please tell me you got him hooked up, he rips!

A.J.K.

« Reply #890 on: November 28, 2011, 12:16:38 PM »
^That would be so sick, that kid rips.

Anyway hints you can give on who else is going to ride for Praxis?

Soul Doubt

• Rep: -10
  • DAYUUUM
« Reply #891 on: November 28, 2011, 09:39:56 PM »
I don't speak for the pals, but would you be down to do a slap colab with praxis? Just kinda curious on what your ideas on that are.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #892 on: November 28, 2011, 11:38:17 PM »
hey karl, who is your favorite person to skate with? what's your favorite video part? & what's your favorite time period or 'era' in skateboarding?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #893 on: November 29, 2011, 08:25:41 AM »
Hi Karl, what is your favourite skateboard brand excluding Kayo ones. Also do you prefer cats or dogs?
Sincerely, Mr Squiggle
Whats up, Mr. Squiggle  ;)
I like Stacks and HOPPS right now. Those companies seem to have some of the best graphics outside of the Kayo camp. Also I've had cats my whole life so cats for sure.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:31:14 AM by ORGANIKARL »

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #894 on: November 29, 2011, 08:37:43 AM »
Hey Karl, havent heard from you in a while so I figured I'll ask a question. I just saw Joey Guevara's sick mag minute, and he seems to be rocking Organika boards. please tell me you got him hooked up, he rips!
I think my friend Justin Williams hooked him up when he worked for Kayo. I wasn't familiar with him then I watched this:

And now I want to hook him up. Dude has a super good style!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #895 on: November 29, 2011, 08:39:28 AM »
^That would be so sick, that kid rips.

Anyway hints you can give on who else is going to ride for Praxis?
So for its just me but we will be on the lookout for some young rippers who fit the brand  :)

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #896 on: November 29, 2011, 08:41:42 AM »
I don't speak for the pals, but would you be down to do a slap colab with praxis? Just kinda curious on what your ideas on that are.
That would be sick!!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #897 on: November 29, 2011, 08:55:21 AM »
hey karl, who is your favorite person to skate with? what's your favorite video part? & what's your favorite time period or 'era' in skateboarding?
My favorite era was the EMB era. Mainly because EMB was the place where I was raised. My new favorite video part is:8 Bad Years - Jet Black Crayon And my favorite person to skate with is anybody who's hyped on skateboarding and has an optimistic attitude about it. 

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #898 on: November 29, 2011, 09:01:47 AM »
Karl, you used to appear in a lot of Logic videos. Do you know what the guys who made/filmed those are up to now?
I sure dont. Those dudes did a good job though.

BlackDemonShreds

• Rep: -4
« Reply #899 on: November 29, 2011, 05:10:30 PM »
What up Karl. Have to ever been out Atlanta or New York to skate, and if so what spots did you like?