Author Topic: Ask Karl  (Read 259843 times)

ORGANIKARL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
Re: Ask Karl
« Reply #990 on: December 20, 2011, 07:08:20 PM »
Hey Karl, I think you missed my previous question. I'll repost it though, I really wanna know the answer. :)

"Hey Karl,

just gotta ask you one thing. Did Organika help out Walker Ryan even a bit with paying for his UCSB or UCSD (i'm not sure, I forgot) schooling? I'm currently in a university myself, proud Bruin! It gets me sooo stoked that he's a UC graduate and he's a pro skater! The skateboarding world always surprises me. "
I sure did! My bad, homeslice  ;)

I love the fact that Walker has gotten so much support for his achievements through out the years.
 That dude is the truth I tell you. I've never met a harder working individual.
As far as us helping with his tuition, nah, Organika doesn't have it like that : )
Hows UCLA treating you?? Tough school I bet.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #991 on: December 20, 2011, 07:10:59 PM »
Hey Karl, why doesn't Organika put on Matt Rod? Stereo claims him but he gets one board a season and I never see them out anywhere. And everytime I see a video of him he's skating some beat ass blank with ftc and ace stickers on it.
Matt and Organika go together like chicken and waffles LOL. 
We've spoken about it in the past but I think its time  ;)

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #992 on: December 20, 2011, 07:19:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dearest Karl, any LOVE park stories to share? good, bad, funny. Preferably if any of them have Josh in them. I know Kalis has an abundance of stories. Much love from the east coast buddy
[close]
Gotta love the East Coast fam!

I have not LOVE park stories but I can tell you what it was like when he came to SF.

Not to kiss his ass or anything but Josh was the only dude to come to SF that was literally untouchable. Josh had the utmost respect from all in SF. He would show up to Pier 7 and do the most amazing tricks with vigor and style.

One thing that really stands out is not really skate related but it was still impressive. Well, there was this model chick who was affiliated with the EMB crew that was insanely gorgeous. Not one person out of our crew had enough "game" to ever get through to her but when Josh came he brought that east coast confidence with him.  She ended up falling in love with him but he never seemed to focus on anything else but his skateboarding so I think she just kind of faded away.

Thanks for the question, my man!
[close]

Wow...
Big thanks homie!! Thats crazy.

Thing is.. when i came to SF i already knew how rugged it was. Kelch, Sanch, Carroll yelling at kids, You, Lee, Shelby, Rain, Jocco, Smurfs shady ass...lol, Big Guy, Twan, Geezy, Shamil, ect.
You guys rolled hella deep.. and i heard the stories... so my approach was to earn respect rather than try and be accepted.. if that makes any sense.
I remember dude at FTC reamed me out for trying to borrow a board until my Toy Machine box showed up. I was with Drake Jones so i thought i had some clout. Nope..... lol... dude said... "who the fuck are you... i don't give a shit about your Toy Machine box. You can't just get in the Black Book!!"
I was like... "damn.." Head all low and shit. haha.
But when i finally made it into the Black Book... i was hyped! It was like getting your first pro model board!

I miss those fucking days. People are so fast to accept shit today.

Thanks for the words Karl. Very cool.
Dude! That is a crazy FTC story! I had no idea that happened to you. Was it Kent? He's the only one I could see having the balls to say something like that.  That respect was earned indeed homie! Dudes were so gnarly back then. The "leaders" of the EMB crew pretty much could do whatever they wanted to do and they gave every outsider a hard time.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #993 on: December 20, 2011, 07:21:25 PM »
Karl, you asked Matt Rodriguez if he was down to ride for Organika, and he answered in the pals question thing that you guys should talk.. were you serious, and have you talked? That would be the sickest pick up ever. Matt Rodriguez is one of my favorites, I'd love a chance to see more of him!
Matt and I are really good friends so It was half serious half joking. But judging by his reaction and how rad he is, I should hit him up and see what we can do.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #994 on: December 20, 2011, 07:24:54 PM »
Hey Karl, are you familiar with the website goskate.com? Their a website that offers skateboarding lesson to kids and they have you listed as an included pro instructor. Are they just name dropping to seem legit or do you actually do business with them? If you don't know about them I would suggest talking to them to get your name off their site considering they have a pretty bad rep. If you do actually do business with them Ill have a follow up question. 
Yes! I am very familiar with this website. I worked for them a few times and the experience was pretty cool. I just skated for 5 year olds at birthday parties lol.  The pay was horrible but I did it for the experience and to make some kiddies happy.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #995 on: December 20, 2011, 07:26:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dear Karl,

If an Organika rider started smoking methamphetamine heavily and only gave you footage an photos of slappie 50-50s on curbs how long would it take for their pay to stopped or get fully kicked off?

All the best my friend
[close]
[close]
I dont think I would kick someone off because of heavy drug use. I would cut their pay and try to help them with their addiction. Real talk!
[close]
Just to elaborate on my previous answer. I would also share this video to the person in order to help them.

[close]

Thanks for posting that Karl. I really enjoyed it, never really ever bought the genetic thing so it was enlightening. I have actually ordered his book too
YOU'RE THE BEST!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #996 on: December 20, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dearest Karl, any LOVE park stories to share? good, bad, funny. Preferably if any of them have Josh in them. I know Kalis has an abundance of stories. Much love from the east coast buddy
[close]
Gotta love the East Coast fam!

I have not LOVE park stories but I can tell you what it was like when he came to SF.

Not to kiss his ass or anything but Josh was the only dude to come to SF that was literally untouchable. Josh had the utmost respect from all in SF. He would show up to Pier 7 and do the most amazing tricks with vigor and style.

One thing that really stands out is not really skate related but it was still impressive. Well, there was this model chick who was affiliated with the EMB crew that was insanely gorgeous. Not one person out of our crew had enough "game" to ever get through to her but when Josh came he brought that east coast confidence with him.  She ended up falling in love with him but he never seemed to focus on anything else but his skateboarding so I think she just kind of faded away.

Thanks for the question, my man!
[close]

Wow...
Big thanks homie!! Thats crazy.

Thing is.. when i came to SF i already knew how rugged it was. Kelch, Sanch, Carroll yelling at kids, You, Lee, Shelby, Rain, Jocco, Smurfs shady ass...lol, Big Guy, Twan, Geezy, Shamil, ect.
You guys rolled hella deep.. and i heard the stories... so my approach was to earn respect rather than try and be accepted.. if that makes any sense.
I remember dude at FTC reamed me out for trying to borrow a board until my Toy Machine box showed up. I was with Drake Jones so i thought i had some clout. Nope..... lol... dude said... "who the fuck are you... i don't give a shit about your Toy Machine box. You can't just get in the Black Book!!"
I was like... "damn.." Head all low and shit. haha.
But when i finally made it into the Black Book... i was hyped! It was like getting your first pro model board!

I miss those fucking days. People are so fast to accept shit today.

Thanks for the words Karl. Very cool.
[close]
Shiiiiit, seems like back then was the good ole days. I remember seeing Josh skate at LOVE once, definitely a highlight in my "skate life". So much style and poise and always nice to whoever tried to talk to him and Karl you definitely sound like you're the same way. I love dudes like you guys who bring the positive out of people. It would be dope to run in to either of you dudes someday in Philly. Keep it up fellas. Much love
Hell yeah!!!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #997 on: December 20, 2011, 07:30:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Karl! Is 3rd and army as fun as it look? I'll be in that area in about a week from the Chicago area, and im looking forward to skating it!
[close]
Maybe we can meet up and skate when you get here.
[close]

That would be really sick, Karl. Nothing i would enjoy more then skating a famous spot with one of the dudes who made it famous! haha
im gonna be in the area between Dec 25th and Jan 3rd. Just PM or something a time when you think you would have free day/time to have a sesh!!
Much appreciated, sir! I will do so. Please feel free to PM me when you're skating too.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #998 on: December 20, 2011, 07:31:12 PM »

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #999 on: December 20, 2011, 07:49:30 PM »
Oh shit, just 10 posts away from the magic of Paldom!

trannies and mannies

« Reply #1000 on: December 20, 2011, 08:37:16 PM »
you were on the team for SKATER AID injury oil, did that stuff actully work?

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1657
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #1001 on: December 20, 2011, 11:20:32 PM »
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

GregLutzkasJugofOJ

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1002 on: December 20, 2011, 11:24:57 PM »
Freshly squeezed OJ? Or store bought?what about from concentrate? Pulp? No Pulp? The wonders of orange juice..

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #1003 on: December 20, 2011, 11:28:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Hey Karl, I think you missed my previous question. I'll repost it though, I really wanna know the answer. :)

"Hey Karl,

just gotta ask you one thing. Did Organika help out Walker Ryan even a bit with paying for his UCSB or UCSD (i'm not sure, I forgot) schooling? I'm currently in a university myself, proud Bruin! It gets me sooo stoked that he's a UC graduate and he's a pro skater! The skateboarding world always surprises me. "
[close]
I sure did! My bad, homeslice  ;)

I love the fact that Walker has gotten so much support for his achievements through out the years.
As far as us helping with his tuition, nah, Organika doesn't have it like that : )

Thanks so much for the response! I appreciate it. Yes, it's tough to say the least, I rarely have anytime to go street skating anymore. I just get to cruise around, do a few tricks and skate the mellow hills we've got. Still fun being on the board though! Another question, have you ever skated UCLA before? I've seen a few pros skate it before and some on videos that I recognized the spot. Was wondering if you've ever skated it!

Mr Squiggle

« Reply #1004 on: December 21, 2011, 12:41:36 AM »
Karl, will you keep us Slappers updated with the Matt Rodriguez situation?  :)

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #1005 on: December 21, 2011, 06:30:17 AM »
^^I'm pretty sure SkateAid was just repackaged arnica, which yeah, totally works.

Psyched to hear about the possible move for Matt. Can't wait to see what his board might look like. Odds are, it'll be my first organika (and probably not my last).

If I make another carpet cruiser to mail out to you, do you think there's anyway you could get it to Mr. Rodriguez?
@idealhandmades

Anthony

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1006 on: December 21, 2011, 08:22:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Hey Karl, are you familiar with the website goskate.com? Their a website that offers skateboarding lesson to kids and they have you listed as an included pro instructor. Are they just name dropping to seem legit or do you actually do business with them? If you don't know about them I would suggest talking to them to get your name off their site considering they have a pretty bad rep. If you do actually do business with them Ill have a follow up question. 
[close]
Yes! I am very familiar with this website. I worked for them a few times and the experience was pretty cool. I just skated for 5 year olds at birthday parties lol.  The pay was horrible but I did it for the experience and to make some kiddies happy.
Interesting, they didnt seem very legit to me. well anyways I taught a few lessons for them and never ended up getting paid. They wont return my emails or phone calls. Do you have any suggestions or could you help me contact the owner? I mean I dont want to get lawyers or anything involved but I really need that money, especially it being Christmas time.

BlackDemonShreds

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1007 on: December 21, 2011, 09:11:42 AM »
Karl, Will Organika ever release the sacred geometry series again, maybe in some bigger sizes?

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1008 on: December 21, 2011, 10:47:13 AM »

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1009 on: December 21, 2011, 11:29:22 AM »
Do you ever lurk the ass and boobs thread?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1010 on: December 21, 2011, 01:00:58 PM »
Oh shit, just 10 posts away from the magic of Paldom!
Oh yeah! Im pretty stoked! I might need your assistance yet again : )

Thanks Grimcity! See you at the trade show.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1011 on: December 21, 2011, 01:02:45 PM »
I had no idea I was on that team. LOL   

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1012 on: December 21, 2011, 01:04:05 PM »
Freshly squeezed OJ? Or store bought?what about from concentrate? Pulp? No Pulp? The wonders of orange juice..
Freshly squeezed all day! And I love pulp ;D

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1013 on: December 21, 2011, 01:05:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

"Hey Karl,

[close]
I sure did! My bad, homeslice  ;)

[close]

Thanks so much for the response! I appreciate it. Yes, it's tough to say the least, I rarely have anytime to go street skating anymore. I just get to cruise around, do a few tricks and skate the mellow hills we've got. Still fun being on the board though! Another question, have you ever skated UCLA before? I've seen a few pros skate it before and some on videos that I recognized the spot. Was wondering if you've ever skated it!
I have been there before but it was like 15 years ago. Pretty rad spots there, right?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1014 on: December 21, 2011, 01:06:43 PM »
Karl, will you keep us Slappers updated with the Matt Rodriguez situation?  :)
Yes sir. You know I will!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1015 on: December 21, 2011, 01:09:21 PM »
^^I'm pretty sure SkateAid was just repackaged arnica, which yeah, totally works.

Psyched to hear about the possible move for Matt. Can't wait to see what his board might look like. Odds are, it'll be my first organika (and probably not my last).

If I make another carpet cruiser to mail out to you, do you think there's anyway you could get it to Mr. Rodriguez?
I've got my carpet cruiser hanging up in my house. Thanks again for that, my friend.   Dude, Matt would be so stoked to get one of those, too.  I'll see if he's down to give his address to you. Im sure he'll be down.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1016 on: December 21, 2011, 01:12:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Interesting, they didnt seem very legit to me. well anyways I taught a few lessons for them and never ended up getting paid. They wont return my emails or phone calls. Do you have any suggestions or could you help me contact the owner? I mean I dont want to get lawyers or anything involved but I really need that money, especially it being Christmas time.
Sorry to hear that, dude.  Unfortunately Im no longer in contact with them. They would always call from a blocked caller ID; I guess so they could get over on people in the end. If you did work for them and they owe you money I would recommend you seek legal council. Thats just messed up!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1017 on: December 21, 2011, 01:15:28 PM »
Karl, Will Organika ever release the sacred geometry series again, maybe in some bigger sizes?
Ok, as Im flying on a plane this will be my 1000th post.  I guess that'll make me a part of the mile high club  LOL.

Yes! We sure will my friend! I liked those graphics too.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1018 on: December 21, 2011, 01:17:36 PM »
Do you ever lurk the ass and boobs thread?
Maybe  :o

Anthony

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1019 on: December 21, 2011, 03:07:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Sorry to hear that, dude.  Unfortunately Im no longer in contact with them. They would always call from a blocked caller ID; I guess so they could get over on people in the end. If you did work for them and they owe you money I would recommend you seek legal council. Thats just messed up!
Yea I feel ya, it just sucks because its going to cost money to take action. Takes money to make money I guess :/