Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 173483 times)

dirtyweemidden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #1050 on: January 03, 2017, 07:18:33 AM »
last night i skated a flatbar for the first time in years! forgot how fun they are

assholo

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1051 on: January 07, 2017, 10:23:43 AM »
Went to a pay to skate park with a homie af a housemate (yea). We both kinda suck, just scraping by with the basics and learning tricks on the spot, even though we're both past 25yo. So I was working on a back crook, he was going for fs nosegrind on the kicker-to-ledge. We're both working on it, getting close but not putting them down. After half an hour we're both fed up. And as we're giving up, I tell him 'soon there'll probably be some kid half our age who'll land both those tricks within 5 minutes'. About an hour later were skating another part of the park, and there's some kids skating a bench on top of a funbox. This kid who's probably 13 or whatever goes up and does back crooks first try. Then he comes back the other way, fs nosegrind 180 out. We're both standing there, just looking at each other and laugh about our suckiness. Kids, man.

shark tits

« Reply #1052 on: January 11, 2017, 06:58:17 PM »
at the catholic high school w/ my brother as filmer, trying to get some tricks for a 40 for 40 i'm trying to do. fuckin some short disheveled jock comes up 'liam, liam. do you remember me?'
my brother don't recognize him, it's officer doiron. he looks like shit! i wonder if he hasn't been laid off.
he goes 'liam, do you see that sign over there? what does it say?'
my brother is out on bond so he obediently replies 'no trespassing'.
'liam's brother, what does that sign say'?
there's 2 signs so i read the other one, singing 'everybody dance now, dunt dunt dunt, dunt dunt dunt' and doiron's like 'ya'll gotta go, you're not picking up kids, etc'.
i thought i was pretty funny and i bombed a pretty fun hill afterwards, almost bumping into a left turning minivan but going around ollieing manholes.

zippy z

« Reply #1053 on: January 11, 2017, 08:07:54 PM »
Chilling at the shop, food, coffee, talk, videos, meeting new folks, seeing old folks, going skating.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #1054 on: January 11, 2017, 10:21:29 PM »
I've been out with a cold for the past few days. Today I felt decent enough to skate. Landed my first ollie to manual and skated so much it brought up phlegm and now I can breathe better. Stoked to sneak in a daily session in my last days in SoCal until the semester begins and I have to deal with the Nor Cal weather. 
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

not_ericricks

• Rep: -65
« Reply #1055 on: January 11, 2017, 10:38:43 PM »
Honestly, slap and skate media. With this injury I could be out for up to a year. Im 37 and not getting any younger.

So ive spent my days on here, chatting with people on instagram or watching older videos.

Makes the time pass. But im hyped on finding stuff ive overlooked or maybe just didnt get at the time.

I stand one step above you like a pharmacist

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #1056 on: January 11, 2017, 10:41:16 PM »
Looking at an old spot with fresh eyes, realizing you can hit it a whole other way from how I've been skating it for years.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1967
« Reply #1057 on: January 12, 2017, 06:55:33 AM »
Skated with an old friend last night and had a lot of fun. Reminisced a bunch, landed a couple new maneuvers and have been getting noticeably better at a couple tricks that I've been trying to do more consistently. Namely 360 flips and pivot to fakies on ramps higher than knees. 

StinkyLarry

• Rep: -42
« Reply #1058 on: January 12, 2017, 07:41:37 AM »
Weather gods blessed me with a skateable January day yesterday, just a bit of flat in front of the house but damn it felt good to actually cruise and pop tricks and not just stand balancing manuals in my room.
Ended up breaking the nose of my board clean off but it was already cracked and I had a replacement lined up. I really love putting together a new board.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #1059 on: January 12, 2017, 09:01:59 AM »
Breaking new trucks in suck. The bushings were already pretty smashed from having the nuts cranked for so long in the store display. This is what I get from buying old shit. So I got rid of the bottom bushing washer and voila. My blood pressure dropped one hour into the session, just as I was getting warmed up... I went home and took a massive dump that surprised me and now I'm well.

shark tits

« Reply #1060 on: January 21, 2017, 04:42:26 PM »
haven't skated [asides bombing hills and ollieing manholes to the store] in months. at first it was hard. i was scared. but i got over!
my little el salvadorean kid and i trespassed my neighborhood, some peurto rican bitch next door to a slanted wall goes 'do you own that house? then you shouldn't skate there.'
i go 'do you own it?'
she says 'no, i own this one.'
i go 'well then i won't skate yours, you worry about you, i'll worry about me' and bailed a few fs wallride/bankrides before a lady on the 3rd floor asked us to stop.
landed a 360 flip after a few tries. my neighbor's improving too.

zippy z

« Reply #1061 on: January 21, 2017, 05:52:13 PM »
I was taken back about 25 years doing nose bonk/manuals on the curbs at a bank drive through. It was kinda weird at first, but once I realized what was going on I really enjoyed being transported back to childhood. Something about the blacktop, the bonk, and the weather sparked a very old memory. Skating is the best.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -278
« Reply #1062 on: January 22, 2017, 01:30:23 AM »
Skated to the park today instead of driving, it's not like I live super far from the park, but far enough away to warrent a drive usually.. I was pretty busted by the time I got home, but had that super satisfied feeling only a solid session can give you.

Charles Bronson

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1063 on: January 22, 2017, 10:51:05 AM »
Feeling like my legs are coming back after being laid up in skate jail while I healed from shoulder surgery. It's been rained out a lot since I could start rolling again, but it's nice to be able to get back out on dry days and goof around. Can't wait to get to the park on a dry day now that my shoulder is healed, and has some strength and motion back in it.

shark tits

« Reply #1064 on: March 01, 2017, 09:20:46 PM »
first time skating in false teeth. did my regular nose wheelies and shit but i felt like george washington if he skated w/ that 'cheap and cheerful' song in his head. which he prolly did.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1065 on: March 01, 2017, 09:29:53 PM »
bombing hills, cruising, doing manuals and carving. seriously though that shit is so much fun

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shark tits

« Reply #1066 on: March 17, 2017, 06:49:04 PM »
i'm at the underground garage and there's pack of rippers already. so these kids stack decks like it's the 90s and i got over 4 first try. well, technically it fell over after i rode away but charge it to da game is what i always say.
one dude had miracle ear and it made me feel better about missing teeth.
i felt like he was vibing me so i vibed back but he couldn't hear it.

NeppuNeppu

« Reply #1067 on: March 29, 2017, 05:00:03 PM »
Bombing a hill through campus and getting speed wobbles while trying to zig-zag through the sea of people. Scariest/most fun thing I've done in a while.

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #1068 on: March 29, 2017, 05:34:26 PM »
being at MACBA , that plaza is just magic!

Barcelona is a skateboarders paradise!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shark tits

« Reply #1069 on: March 29, 2017, 09:37:48 PM »
i did a fs flip to jail pose off a curb. just rode away in jail pose for like 50 ft and called it a night. flamingo is hot this yr but jail pose will have it's day....
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/772/745/da4.jpg

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #1070 on: March 30, 2017, 10:37:52 AM »
bombed a hill into a parking lot that bottlenecked into a gate

had to duck down to pass under the gate and wasn't sure if my head was gonna hit

tuck it and fuck it

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1071 on: March 30, 2017, 06:40:14 PM »
didn't ate shit :D

VOSGOS

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1072 on: March 31, 2017, 07:37:10 PM »
sun was out, ripped a lil concrete tranny with a freshy set up, by the end of the sesh I was laying on the quarter, shirtless with the sun bearing down on me in 46 degrees, sweating, nothing like having the whole park to yourself and an iPod,,,

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1073 on: April 02, 2017, 08:35:56 AM »
Having a skater that I looked up to but never really skated with DM me on 'The Gram' and ask to film with me and actually having it work out so far.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

posercunt11

« Reply #1074 on: April 02, 2017, 02:45:12 PM »
sun was out, meet up with some homies, went down to the park for a little sesh before we hit the streets, ended up having much more fun at the park drinking beer and smoking weed, and making fun at the scooter kids
pretty neat day i must say

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #1075 on: April 02, 2017, 02:52:58 PM »
Went to the park this morning and took my friends little cousins and one of them dropped in and ollied a 2 set for the first time, he was super stoked when he landed them. Also i learned bs 180 switch 5-0 on a ledge.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1076 on: April 02, 2017, 02:54:12 PM »
Went to my fav spot to skate flat and watch planes take off

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -278
« Reply #1077 on: April 02, 2017, 03:51:16 PM »
being at MACBA , that plaza is just magic!

Barcelona is a skateboarders paradise!

Enjoy that wonderland! I'd give my left nut for a trip there again.

I skated a new park in my area, the fresh feeling of finding lines at new parks is soo fun!
Got asked to play skate as soon as I got there (standard). Ended up doing a some tricks I haven't done in a minute! Stoked to still have them!

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1078 on: April 02, 2017, 11:37:46 PM »
Just got myself a job after 4 years without having one so I don't really have that much time to skate right now, I'm happy to skate once in a week for few hours...yesterday was flatground only with new board, getting used to her and it was nice. Didn't land that much shit but it was good to be out there with homies!
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

shark tits

« Reply #1079 on: April 03, 2017, 09:19:03 PM »
i try to land a 360 flip every night. sometimes it's first try and sometimes they're trouble but i usually only do one. today i did a really perfect one in the style of jason rothmeyer. i've got some size 40 pants and goofy is alive and well in the bay state!