Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 575045 times)

formeitscrazylike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.

SwiftFootedBird

Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #511 on: April 06, 2012, 03:58:24 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilbert%27s_paradox_of_the_Grand_Hotel

Damn! that's fast! glad to see we solved it the same way as Hilbert without knowing about him! we soon got to the point that we didnt have to infinite+x but to x+infinite, even if x=infinite.

Anyways I cant help but thinking about this whenever I remember the Hotel paradox:

The 12 Tasks Of Asterix The Place That Sends You Mad

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #512 on: April 06, 2012, 07:19:53 AM »
how fast am i moving right now?

i'm stationary, in a chair... but the earth is rotating

but the earth is moving around the sun

but the sun is also moving around the galaxy

but the galaxy is moving round the center of a cluster of galaxies

but that cluster is moving around an even bigger cluster of clusters

and that entire cluster of clusters is moving around... something? maybe

i haven't slept in like 36 hours so maybe i'm just high on fatigue

edit: aww sheeyyiittt

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 07:21:46 AM by formeitscrazylike »

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #513 on: April 06, 2012, 07:24:54 AM »
DUDES, just had a crazy thought.

let's say you got a fuckin time machine that functions perfectly, it moves you forward or backward in time however far you want. let's say i went a year into the future, wouldn't the time machine stay in place? meaning, when i skipped a year forward, the earth/sun/everything that exists would be in a different position than it is now relative to where it was when i started my time travel.

so a time travel machine HAS to also teleport you in space to a very specific point in the universe if you want to end up on land and not in the vacuum.

ScreamingHand

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #514 on: April 06, 2012, 07:27:48 AM »
what the crash-test saftey rating was on this vehicle 

http://rmirror.net/r/videos/comments/q5hu9/car_accident_nsfl/

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #515 on: April 06, 2012, 08:42:08 AM »

If this happens I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a crash test rating wouldn't mean shit.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #516 on: April 06, 2012, 10:10:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
If this happens I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a crash test rating wouldn't mean shit.

why are ppl randomly video taping their car rides

Shmeatus

• Rep: 3
  • Knock ya face off the side of ya face
« Reply #517 on: April 06, 2012, 10:50:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

it's a dashboard cam probably, people use em to protect themselves from insurance fraud
have money have heart

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #518 on: April 06, 2012, 12:10:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
it's a dashboard cam probably, people use em to protect themselves from insurance fraud

I don't wanna clean up that mess. Holy shit.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

SwiftFootedBird

« Reply #519 on: April 06, 2012, 01:20:07 PM »
DUDES, just had a crazy thought.

let's say you got a fuckin time machine that functions perfectly, it moves you forward or backward in time however far you want. let's say i went a year into the future, wouldn't the time machine stay in place? meaning, when i skipped a year forward, the earth/sun/everything that exists would be in a different position than it is now relative to where it was when i started my time travel.

so a time travel machine HAS to also teleport you in space to a very specific point in the universe if you want to end up on land and not in the vacuum.

if you can bend time at will I guess changing your physical position is no biggie, but yeah, something to think about when creating one of those

wonder instead why is Indy making trucks with those orange non-conical bushings that turn way less (tried ones today at the park)

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #520 on: April 06, 2012, 02:42:27 PM »
What the fuck am I supposed to do in this ghost town called Tucumcari, New Mexico for the rest of the day?

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #521 on: April 12, 2012, 12:24:50 AM »
What the fuck am I supposed to do in this ghost town called Tucumcari, New Mexico for the rest of the day?

you can find some fucking good food in New Mexico
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #522 on: April 12, 2012, 12:53:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I don't wanna clean up that mess. Holy shit.

Ahhh fuck dude that for reals just bummed me out.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #523 on: April 12, 2012, 01:05:37 AM »
http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html

take the time to read it, takes all of 7 minutes.

then read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictions_made_by_Ray_Kurzweil#2045:_The_Singularity

and then ponder what will happen first; this ^... or we cause our own extinction.
i'm on the pessimistic side of that question, but i'd be psyched to be wrong

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #524 on: April 12, 2012, 04:17:50 AM »
It seems that many pro skateboarders become professional/serious amateur photographers(jerry hsu, ed templeton, greg hunt,raymond molinar, ben gore, peabody etc. This makes sense considering the artistic leanings of skateboarding in general along with the free time and travel time that comes with professional skateboarding.

It would be cool to see a professional athlete in another sport become a photographer. They are on much tighter schedules and seem less likely to want to expose their private lives but it would be awesome. Think of someone on kobe bryants level taking artistic nudes of his wife and photographing all of the crazy extravagant party shit and excess he sees. This goes for any celebrity I guess.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #525 on: April 12, 2012, 05:40:09 AM »
It seems that many pro skateboarders become professional/serious amateur photographers(jerry hsu, ed templeton, greg hunt,raymond molinar, ben gore, peabody etc. This makes sense considering the artistic leanings of skateboarding in general along with the free time and travel time that comes with professional skateboarding.

It would be cool to see a professional athlete in another sport become a photographer. They are on much tighter schedules and seem less likely to want to expose their private lives but it would be awesome. Think of someone on kobe bryants level taking artistic nudes of his wife and photographing all of the crazy extravagant party shit and excess he sees. This goes for any celebrity I guess.

It would probably never escalate past the point of instagraming every little boring detail in their lives - professional athletes seem brainless to me - they had to sacrifice every single second of their lives for training, which doesn't really help evolving you mental abilities or artistic inclination in case you have them.

also, other sports make for crappy photography content. who cares about runners in various stages of straining their every muscle on the track?

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #526 on: April 12, 2012, 09:56:58 AM »
I know. Skateboarders must be a higher percentage of more interesting/artistic people but I'm sure there are just as cool of people out there in the other sports. The reason their lives seem so boring is because we never get access to the real deal. It also has to do with big money endorsements and team contracts not wanting any sort of "edgy" things out there. I'm sure people are out there snapping digicam shots that are very interesting that we will never see.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #527 on: April 12, 2012, 04:15:16 PM »
i'd be interested in a photography blog documenting the dark underbelly of professional bowling, by this guy

PETE WEBER GOD DAMMIT I DID IT WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #529 on: April 12, 2012, 06:29:43 PM »
We've already got DSD to take care of our conspiracy crap.

FART BOY

• Rep: 10
« Reply #530 on: April 12, 2012, 06:52:25 PM »
Tyranny ...

http://vigilantcitizen.com/sinistersites/analysis-of-the-occult-symbols-found-on-the-bank-of-america-murals/

http://vigilantcitizen.com/pics-of-the-month/symbolic-pics-of-the-month-0412/

Oh shit I forgot all about those murals. I remember looking at them when I first moved to Charlotte, they were some pretty interesting stuff. I could never seem to figure out the meaning of them but when I head up there tomorrow I'm gonna check them out.

luc

• Rep: -118
« Reply #531 on: April 12, 2012, 07:03:05 PM »
isnt everything one of a kind? and isnt every moment once in a lifetime?

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #532 on: April 13, 2012, 06:32:33 AM »
@oyolar: no need to be upset, nobody forces you to read it... it's just what I pondered yesterday.

Oh shit I forgot all about those murals. I remember looking at them when I first moved to Charlotte, they were some pretty interesting stuff. I could never seem to figure out the meaning of them but when I head up there tomorrow I'm gonna check them out.
I hope you'll enjoy this "fine art" of freemasonry :/
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

FART BOY

• Rep: 10
« Reply #533 on: April 13, 2012, 09:32:57 AM »
@oyolar: no need to be upset, nobody forces you to read it... it's just what I pondered yesterday.

Expand Quote
[close]
I hope you'll enjoy this "fine art" of freemasonry :/

Well since we're on the topic of fine art, check out Denver International. If you haven't already

http://vigilantcitizen.com/sinistersites/sinister-sites-the-denver-international-airport/

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #534 on: April 13, 2012, 06:59:38 PM »
Everyday on my way home from work I bomb the same hill. Is it inevitable that at some point I will fall?  Did I just jinx myself by typing this?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 07:04:26 PM by rfox »

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #535 on: April 13, 2012, 07:07:02 PM »
What happens when one conjoined twin commits a serious crime, like murder, but the other twin didn't want to commit the crime and was unable to stop the crime. Would they both go to jail?

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #536 on: April 14, 2012, 08:48:29 PM »
Totally different but that reminds me of a story from Malaysia. Drug traffickers get the death penalty there. This woman was caught on camera exchanging a lot of cocaine with someone who was later caught. The person who was caught didn't know the woman's name. Turns out that woman had a twin sister and both of them confessed to the crime. Neither would admit to being the innocent party in court so rather than receiving the death penalty they both got life in prison.

SwiftFootedBird

« Reply #537 on: April 15, 2012, 02:25:36 AM »
will Luker Lou make an Altamont's Bob-like apology video for his fans?

GISM

• Rep: 25
  • pariah
« Reply #538 on: April 18, 2012, 06:55:53 PM »
Flatspots on masonite. Wut

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #539 on: April 20, 2012, 03:08:43 PM »
So I havent read the books but Ive seen like maybe the first 5 harry potter movies . Just thinking are the wizzards and witches just really shit in that world ?

I mean in other worlds wizzards can manipulate elements , turn into animals , conjure shit and so on to fight eachother and not die . Not limited to if they have a wand or not .

Like at the world cup of that game they play , 10 or so death eaters attack about 20 thousand wizzards and witches . And nobody seems to do shit but run away and hide ?

I mean even the shittiest wizzard or witch would know some deffencive spell and so on ?  its like attacking a martial arts convention with 20 k martial artists there , with 10 ppl only using martial arts and getting away with it .

Even the battles betwen witches and wizzards are really fucking lame with pretty much only 1 "shooting " spell .  What about potions as bombs or poisons , transforming into a fucking tiger and mawling the shit out of somebody. Or shooting lightning out of your hands

And since its set in the modern times , why not fucking use guns more this would have solved alot of problems

Anyways ... Im drunk ...