Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 575089 times)

abudabi

Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #1320 on: February 15, 2015, 01:48:56 PM »
i'm pondering why 'hipster runoff' ignored me. dude was my favorite poster.
how do you know he ignored you?

also, why cant you kook yourself? i can understand not being able to gnar yourself, but not being able to kook yourself is pretty wack.

shark tits

« Reply #1321 on: February 15, 2015, 02:01:34 PM »
Expand Quote
i'm pondering why 'hipster runoff' ignored me. dude was my favorite poster.
[close]
how do you know he ignored you?

also, why cant you kook yourself? i can understand not being able to gnar yourself, but not being able to kook yourself is pretty wack.
i tried to look up old hipster runoff posts and it wouldn't let me [thought maybe he just hadn't posted in a while]. also, sometimes a person will quote whoever ignored you and you can read the quote but if you try to read the original message it won't let you [perez hilton].
sucks about carles but i don't think i'm missing anything w/ the rest of em.

GoodguyEh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #1322 on: February 15, 2015, 03:17:55 PM »
How illegal is it to go to a fountain in a mall and take the money out of the water? Theres a mall near my house thats jam packed with asians  who are both rich and superstitious and by the looks of it you could walk away with like 50 bucks in 30 seconds of sifting. The thing is FILLED with toonies and loonies.

shark tits

« Reply #1323 on: February 15, 2015, 03:23:07 PM »
How illegal is it to go to a fountain in a mall and take the money out of the water? Theres a mall near my house thats jam packed with asians  who are both rich and superstitious and by the looks of it you could walk away with like 50 bucks in 30 seconds of sifting. The thing is FILLED with toonies and loonies.
i've gotten kicked out for doing it, homegirl from my squat in Detroit got peppersprayed and took to jail for doing it at Hart Plaza. just depends on the cops/security. they might help you out w/ a few bucks or they might arrest you.
one time i had this elaborate plan on market st [SF] and i get my shoes off and hop this gate and dig around for a while but long story short i wet my cigs so all the change i found went to replacing them. zero sum game!

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1324 on: February 16, 2015, 05:43:16 AM »
too trailer parky     If your gonna steal do it minus a bunch of bystandards and cameras and oh yeah  -go for cash or valuables, dont steal change.  (someone got charged for takiing 2.87 from a fountain here in canada - petty theft)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:49:46 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

abudabi

« Reply #1325 on: February 16, 2015, 08:09:23 AM »
pretty sure most of those fountains are for charity

BraveUlysses

« Reply #1326 on: February 16, 2015, 09:29:10 PM »
I remember when Donovan Strain had his little segment on the Berrics and one episode discussed fishing for money in one of those fountains. He did something along the lines of putting headphones in and I think wearing a uniform so it looks like you're one of the guys working for the facility housing the fountain. After seeing that video I really wanted to do it just so I would have enough money to buy a new skateboard at the time.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #1327 on: February 19, 2015, 12:24:47 AM »
Am i not cool enough to wear Vans?

I had one pair when i was 16, they were the TNT's forget which number but they gave me blisters. Now 6 years later i got a pair of Vans for Christmas and i just started to skate in them the other night and i have blisters.

Don't want to sell them cause they were a gift

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #1328 on: February 19, 2015, 03:55:58 AM »
get a different size or give up on vans

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1329 on: February 19, 2015, 03:58:00 AM »
Will this ramp I designed be fun to skate????

abudabi

« Reply #1330 on: February 19, 2015, 09:49:57 AM »
i swear old skools are designed to blister heels, doesnt matter if they fit or not

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #1331 on: February 19, 2015, 09:52:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i swear old skools are designed to blister heels, doesnt matter if they fit or not

Its because of that stupid seam they put in there. I always have to cut it out with a razorblade.
Still worth the waffle though.
@idealhandmades

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #1332 on: February 19, 2015, 09:54:58 AM »
You guys think this is an Enjoi rip off? Didn't they do a tour in Indonesia?

http://jakarta.coconuts.co/2015/02/19/indonesian-police-ask-public-help-prevent-sale-panda-sex-kids-clothes

abudabi

« Reply #1333 on: February 19, 2015, 10:03:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Its because of that stupid seam they put in there. I always have to cut it out with a razorblade.
Still worth the waffle though.
damn, definitely should have been smart like you and cut that part off. on the upside my heels are hella tough now haha.
agreed about the grip, never skated any shoes with that much board feel. i got them sort of by accident, but now i get their popularity.

Mr. Lono

• Rep: 22
  • Fl NC CO
« Reply #1334 on: February 19, 2015, 10:06:24 PM »
When the fuck is Massimo Cavedoni gonna get a board with his name on it?
Charlie don't skate

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1335 on: February 20, 2015, 09:11:46 AM »
When the fuck is Massimo Cavedoni gonna get a board with his name on it?

when they find a way to fit it on a deck without having to make it a longboard
@idealhandmades

abudabi

« Reply #1336 on: February 20, 2015, 10:34:59 AM »
if i use my roommate's toilet paper all the time, and he steals my dishes/leaves everything in a mess, are we even?

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1337 on: February 20, 2015, 10:59:54 AM »
if i use my roommate's toilet paper all the time, and he steals my dishes/leaves everything in a mess, are we even?

haha no. toilet paper is cheap.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1338 on: February 20, 2015, 02:14:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, but cheap toilet paper is a travesty.
go buy your own bombass TP (I recommend the strong Charmin )
do the dishes
and feel superior.
@idealhandmades

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1339 on: February 20, 2015, 07:29:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

do the dishes
and feel superior.

And keep the roll in your bedroom, commute with it every time. When I was in college my roommates used to jack mine if it stayed in the bathroom and eventually would stop buying it. So I enforced an embargo.

abudabi

« Reply #1340 on: February 20, 2015, 08:15:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

do the dishes
and feel superior.

[close]
And keep the roll in your bedroom, commute with it every time. When I was in college my roommates used to jack mine if it stayed in the bathroom and eventually would stop buying it. So I enforced an embargo.
wait, if i stop stealing his tp then we definitely wont be even lol.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1341 on: February 20, 2015, 08:26:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

go buy your own bombass TP (I recommend the strong Charmin)
do the dishes
and feel superior.

[close]
[close]
wait, if i stop stealing his tp then we definitely wont be even lol.

Its not about being even. Be better than him, be better than yourself.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:58:08 AM by idealhandmades »
@idealhandmades

Yu Dum

« Reply #1342 on: February 25, 2015, 09:33:39 AM »

what does this mean?
Maybe it's talking about how skateboarding has lost its core values and how it's all about money now? People, especially younger kids and older adults who don't know shit about skateboarding, see it as an easy way to make money because of all the corporate sponsorships that are involved today. They don't see skateboarding for how it really is.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1343 on: February 25, 2015, 01:34:36 PM »
skateboarding can't have values the culture dies and is reborn.  Those 'core'values of yesteryear were touted by people not actually getting corporate cheque type offers of any type -so what were those old carted around valuess worth anyway?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 01:37:48 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

oldgoodburger

« Reply #1344 on: February 25, 2015, 02:02:21 PM »
at first i was under the impression that the artist didn't have any relation to skating and neither did any of the other works i saw of his so i just assumed it was a third-party's interpretation and had no idea what they meant. after learning who simon evans actually is i would safely guess something along the lines of what blind fisherman said. i really dont know though and i guess thats the point? art is supposed to be up for interpretation. i would still like to know how he meant for it to be interpreted though.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #1345 on: February 25, 2015, 02:52:21 PM »
it gets annoying sometimes when pro skateboarding media and skateboarding get too jumbled together. the act of skating means something different for each skater, and saying the death of the "rebel" attitude is some huge hit to skateboarding is missing the point i think. some people skate to rebel, some to progress, some to explore, some to just cruise and enjoy the ride, etc.. pro skating seems "jockish" with all the corporate sponsorships, and seeing skating in tons of commercials can be grating, but being bitter and keeping one's mind in the past breeds poison. i get that some older skaters can't identify with the acceptance that skating has now, but just the act of skating is incredible enough that people will use it to get through life and have a ton of fun. some might get into it because they see some money making potential, but in the end who gives a shit? they'll try to make money and you'll still be able to go skate and have fun anyway.

shark tits

« Reply #1346 on: February 25, 2015, 03:23:39 PM »
'wincest'. people write fan fiction about incest between the 2 brothers of that horrible interrupter of law and order, supernatural. leetgeek, are you involved?
http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Dean%20Winchester*s*Sam%20Winchester/works

abudabi

« Reply #1347 on: February 25, 2015, 04:25:32 PM »
is subjectivity the same thing as inter-subjectivity?
serious question. please help.

shark tits

« Reply #1348 on: February 25, 2015, 04:30:03 PM »
inter-subjective seems to necessitate more than one person. like a shared hallucination, it ain't 'objective' cause it ain't true but it's not only 'subjective' cause we both seen da ghost espy. that's my understanding of it.
subjective is just like your take on a given situation.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1349 on: February 25, 2015, 04:35:31 PM »
is subjectivity the same thing as inter-subjectivity?
serious question. please help.

"Subjectivity refers to how someone's judgment is shaped by personal opinions and feelings instead of outside influences. Subjectivity is partially responsible for why one person loves an abstract painting while another person hates it."

"Intersubjectivity is a term used in philosophy, psychology, sociology, and anthropology to conceptualize the psychological relation between people. It is usually used in contrast to solipsistic individual experience, emphasizing our inherently social being."

Or was this a joke about the "subjectivity" of one or both of the definitions?