Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 574985 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5280 on: October 30, 2021, 01:09:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Why don't they make a beanie style hat out of cotton, like what a t shirt is made from. Watching sls people trying to give themselves brain damage wearing wool beanies in Arizona heat.
[close]

If skate companies made actual wool beanies they’d be close to a deck in price. 99% if not 100% of skate beanies are cheap acrylic. Still warm but not like wool

Can confirm I wear beanies to keep my hair contained even in the CA heat.

I’m not cool enough for a slesh/daveed/wassup rocker headband
Wool/fake wool you know what I mean.
Yeah I also did the Jimbo Jones, Scandinavian snowboarder beanie on to control the hair in West Sydney summer(often one of the hottest places on the planet in summer) but then decided when I turned 30 that shit had to stop. Now can't stand when I see other people do it. Its probably mostly just me realising how stupid I must of looked for 15 years.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #5281 on: October 31, 2021, 02:23:00 PM »
Remember when Dill spent 30 minutes of his Nine Club interview complaining about AO's DJ friend Roctakon
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #5282 on: October 31, 2021, 04:08:05 PM »
the end is nigh

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #5283 on: November 01, 2021, 03:07:46 AM »
Fully borrowed this cunts jumper it’s like some fashion type shit like you could get a shit car or this jumper, right

One of the arms isn’t even an arm it’s like a stocking with this tiny slit I can only assume is for hiding drugs

What the fuck am I even doing here
listen to cosmic psychos

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5284 on: November 01, 2021, 03:58:07 AM »
why don’t female skaters do frontside flips.
i mean reynolds style. 8+ stairs.

also none of them are at the level yet of A.rin. She fucking rips, is tech,…

Hopefully Shane gives some pointers to Rayssa Leal on how to get tech.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5285 on: November 01, 2021, 05:02:25 AM »
I can't really think of females doing any flips down stairs recently apart from Mariah Duran hardflips in comps.

But I guess maybe because what's the point? Unless they do it down a 13+ they will just hear a bunch of "oh who cares so and so already did blah blah"

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5286 on: November 01, 2021, 03:40:29 PM »

Uterine wall prevents full flick at that angle.  It’s physically impossible.

-

I wonder if a bootleg, unfinished version of that movie Rust will become a cultural touchstone like the Pamela Anderson sex tape was.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5287 on: November 01, 2021, 03:47:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

-

I wonder if a bootleg, unfinished version of that movie Rust will become a cultural touchstone like the Pamela Anderson sex tape was.

Man the papers ain’t saying shit but I’m pretty sure that woman got full blasted with a Dirty Harry type gun or some shit, like a magnum
listen to cosmic psychos

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #5288 on: November 01, 2021, 04:17:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

-

I don’t know why I expected basic humanity from the internet after that event, but man nothing is off limits/right wing grabjobs will politicize wiping with toilet paper vs glass shards

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5289 on: November 01, 2021, 04:46:12 PM »
Wait what, is there actually a clip of it?

The best one I never saw was that dreamworld accident, this big round thing cunts were floating in flipped and four people came out and went in the belt
They drained the water and it was just carnage apparently, like something out of a movie just people still alive all jammed into a conveyor belt

There’s a clip of that but they never released it, full saw the first ten seconds where they go into the water and don’t come up but they never released the part where they drain the water and you see all the people in the belt
listen to cosmic psychos

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5290 on: November 02, 2021, 12:28:19 AM »
With all the old 80s,90s franchises they keep bringing back for tv, movies why the heck isn't Dino riders coming back.
Seriously it's humans riding dinosuars that are covered in laser blasters vs reptile alien people riding dinosaurs covered in laser blasters. It's way cooler than Jurassic Park, ghostbusters, Godzilla, power rangers.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5291 on: November 02, 2021, 03:09:35 PM »
like power rangers + jurassic park on meth. walked by a haunted childs toy in an underground garage today. horror movie type of shit. it laughed twice

shredder sequel

• Rep: 58
« Reply #5292 on: November 02, 2021, 05:57:39 PM »
Remember when Dill spent 30 minutes of his Nine Club interview complaining about AO's DJ friend Roctakon

To be fair to Dill, Roctakon is just as insufferable as he is, though less charming, and wrote a fairly bad book about skateboarding.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #5293 on: November 03, 2021, 09:07:27 PM »
i liked the book a lot. it's like Less Than Zero and it's not about skateboarding he just goes to Tompkins with a few times
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

shredder sequel

• Rep: 58
« Reply #5294 on: November 04, 2021, 10:39:03 AM »
i liked the book a lot. it's like Less Than Zero and it's not about skateboarding he just goes to Tompkins with a few times

Like Less Than Zero in vibe/POV, sure. But writing-wise, not so much. I was hoping he would write another book after getting the “lightly fictionalized stories about my friends” novel out of his system because he has some talent and he seemed to understand that skating isn’t just about skating—It feels like a skateboarding book, even though, as you said, “he just goes to Tompkins a few times.” That could lead to some interesting writing about the moments in-between, whether they be about skating or not.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #5295 on: November 05, 2021, 12:27:46 PM »
Where do all the banned assholes end up at?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5296 on: November 06, 2021, 08:35:07 AM »
I wish whoever the decision makers are behind those Google Fi commercials would die slow and painful deaths.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

quackquack

• Rep: -378
« Reply #5297 on: November 06, 2021, 10:17:16 AM »
Where do all the banned assholes end up at?

We never left. It's like Hotel California round 'hurr.

I personally 'ended up at' realizing this place is a lot more enjoyable when you focus on the posts you agree with and don't give in to high-jacking threads in an attempt to prove some dumb point.
Oh, the places you'll go.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5298 on: November 07, 2021, 05:27:31 AM »
I think Americans might have a naturally shit ear for accents. Noticed this a few times over the last year or so watching podcasts worst being Christina P of your mom's house.
They hear someone talk, immediately identify it incorrectly and then do an impression of a completely different accent altogether.
It would be like if I watched the sopranos, and was like oh yeah they have that southern accent and then was like "ay ma bro, get me some like gabbagul" in a Cali surfer dude voice.

Gifted hater also just did it watching sls. Hear Rowley clearly sounding like the Beatles and within 2 seconds does an impression like a kid from Mary Poppins.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5299 on: November 07, 2021, 07:28:51 AM »
nefarious cruel world. but at the same time life is beautiful and im grateful to be alive. to be able to breathe with my senses. to not be homeless and suffering lack of basic needs etc. clocks go back an hour today. the end is nigh

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #5300 on: November 08, 2021, 12:21:22 PM »
I think Americans might have a naturally shit ear for accents. Noticed this a few times over the last year or so watching podcasts worst being Christina P of your mom's house.
They hear someone talk, immediately identify it incorrectly and then do an impression of a completely different accent altogether.
It would be like if I watched the sopranos, and was like oh yeah they have that southern accent and then was like "ay ma bro, get me some like gabbagul" in a Cali surfer dude voice.

Gifted hater also just did it watching sls. Hear Rowley clearly sounding like the Beatles and within 2 seconds does an impression like a kid from Mary Poppins.

Christina P is clueless, tasteless and talentless.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5301 on: November 08, 2021, 12:55:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't disagree with you there. Kinda stopped listening to that group when the Chris Delia stuff started. Not that I care about Chris Delia but it just showed how fake they all are. It's our best friend Chris... News breaks.... We don't even know the guy

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #5302 on: November 08, 2021, 05:52:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Don't disagree with you there. Kinda stopped listening to that group when the Chris Delia stuff started. Not that I care about Chris Delia but it just showed how fake they all are. It's our best friend Chris... News breaks.... We don't even know the guy

youtube tried to plug that podcast to me to no end and it comes on via autoplay while i'm winding out to some rocket league or something and it annoys me always so much i have to turn it off. seriously most podcasts done by so called comedians are unfunny as fuck. i actually blocked your moms house podcast and some other shit from appearing in my recommendations because that shit is so bad.

same shit with theo von. i'm always surprised when i find out these people are doing stand up or something comedic. their podcasts are never funny.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5303 on: November 08, 2021, 11:27:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

youtube tried to plug that podcast to me to no end and it comes on via autoplay while i'm winding out to some rocket league or something and it annoys me always so much i have to turn it off. seriously most podcasts done by so called comedians are unfunny as fuck. i actually blocked your moms house podcast and some other shit from appearing in my recommendations because that shit is so bad.

same shit with theo von. i'm always surprised when i find out these people are doing stand up or something comedic. their podcasts are never funny.

Comedians podcasts are kind of like skaters Instagrams. It's too much mediocre stuff. I personally can't watch any podcasts longer than maybe 3 months absolute max. It's just the same thing every week I wish they'd make a skit or an actual show. But I guess that doesn't make any money.
Also yeah Theo von is actual shit. I feel like he watched a Julian Barratt stand up in the 90s and was like oh I can just make shit up but doesn't have the quick thinking/flow to pull it off.
 Cumtown was pretty bad taste but they could fucking riff better than anyone I've ever heard. I've only listened to  maybe a dozen tho so I'm sure if I listened to it regularly I'd be over it well before I heard all 300 or whatever.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5304 on: November 10, 2021, 03:02:08 PM »
When people begin following whatever the current fashion trend is:

Are they cognitively aware that they are intentionally choosing to follow the trend?

Or is it subconscious?  They don’t know why they want Big Boys and skater-waiters, they just woke up one day wantin’ that shit real bad for some reason.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #5305 on: November 10, 2021, 08:45:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Comedians podcasts are kind of like skaters Instagrams. It's too much mediocre stuff. I personally can't watch any podcasts longer than maybe 3 months absolute max. It's just the same thing every week I wish they'd make a skit or an actual show. But I guess that doesn't make any money.
Also yeah Theo von is actual shit. I feel like he watched a Julian Barratt stand up in the 90s and was like oh I can just make shit up but doesn't have the quick thinking/flow to pull it off.
 Cumtown was pretty bad taste but they could fucking riff better than anyone I've ever heard. I've only listened to  maybe a dozen tho so I'm sure if I listened to it regularly I'd be over it well before I heard all 300 or whatever.

cumtown rules

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5306 on: November 11, 2021, 03:37:28 PM »
my old mans friend and said friends family lives in chicago. once when i was in middle school he drove our family there for a vacation. wild horses arent even a thing anymore so i guess 1 escaped from a farm nearby then got hit by a truck. anyway were cruising by and i just see a horse head with most of its neck still attached. no cars were stopped or anything

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5307 on: November 15, 2021, 05:47:27 PM »
If you mixed Dustin with Ellington you would end up with the kid Bobby from Back to the beach.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5308 on: November 16, 2021, 03:18:38 AM »
my old mans friend and said friends family lives in chicago. once when i was in middle school he drove our family there for a vacation. wild horses arent even a thing anymore so i guess 1 escaped from a farm nearby then got hit by a truck. anyway were cruising by and i just see a horse head with most of its neck still attached. no cars were stopped or anything

Sounds like he was beyond resuscitation

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #5309 on: November 16, 2021, 03:30:16 AM »
Am I dumb? Probably...