Author Topic: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off  (Read 94237 times)

Fenzadill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
Re: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off
« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2011, 09:55:16 AM »
Yeah bunny ear shoelaces are not a good look, nor particularly safe.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

BuddyPal

« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2011, 10:18:56 AM »
slick back greaser hair

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #212 on: August 02, 2011, 11:22:20 AM »
ledge dancing
high waters
old dudes who play the old school act too hard
colored socks
Stupid shaped cruiser boards
not being able to no comply in games of skate

RRRRRAD

« Reply #213 on: August 02, 2011, 12:35:46 PM »
boat shoes FUUUUUUCK those things. what are you going out to eat at your country club or going to skate jesus christ

sheboyganheadben

• Rep: -21
  • shotgun to the dick
« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2011, 01:20:11 PM »
Expand Quote
high striped socks+cut offs

aka the tyler
[close]
I've been rocking both old striped tube socks and cut offs for longer than tyler the creator has been prevalent. To call (and mock) this style as "the tyler" just makes you sound even more like the herb you are. For one, I'm not a fan of his music, and second, aren't you the one posting your overpriced supreme hats on this forum? As sweatercuff previously posted, you truly live up to your name. You are indeed a planking goon.

"One time I was on mushrooms and I was skating vert and it was kill. Everything turned into sequences. Kickflips would be like: click, click, click...It was Kill"-Darren Navarette

VictoriousOG

« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2011, 01:41:12 PM »
Looks like someones offended. If you read through the thread I clearly explain that Tyler made it a fad. Of course that shits old, but Tyler is the reason kids are following it. Not 20+ year old dudes at the park or Andrew Allen. Call me a "herb", "kook", "trendy bastard" all you want. I'm still doing my damn thing and loving it.

Jesus-Condom

• Rep: 0
« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2011, 08:52:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Definately not a local thing, It's on the East Coast too, but I've only ever seen people do it with Dunks.
[close]

dunks are the most common, however i see a crazy ammount of people doing it with vans eras, which looks even worse because the laces are quite long anyway and theyre only about 4 lace holes so the "quadruple bow" part is dragging on the ground

Ive seen people do it with cons.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #217 on: August 03, 2011, 02:55:37 AM »
I dig the whole skating alone thing, mainly because I have zero choice being that I am both 31 and live in a rural as fuck area, but I also like it because if I want to try and learn a trick and spend 45 minutes doing the same thing over and over on the same ledge there is no one there to bitch.  As for clothing- it's whatever.  To me wearing Dickies isn't a trend, wearing them like you're prepping for a flood is, but so the fuck what if some little dude copies Rieder at the park, what's most important is that the little dude is out there skateboarding.  Does that shit really effect you?  That's like people bitching about the little kid covered head to toe in pads struggling his little ass up the pyramid.  Just be psyched the dude is out there, give him a high five, make his fucking day.  The amount of fucking hometown hero assholes at parks is way to prevalent.  You're nowhere near as fucking cool as you think you are, you're more kooked up than the little guy with way to big helmet getting in everyone's way.  At least he's having fun.
For serious, fuck those guys.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
« Reply #218 on: August 03, 2011, 11:39:08 AM »
Expand Quote
I dig the whole skating alone thing, mainly because I have zero choice being that I am both 31 and live in a rural as fuck area, but I also like it because if I want to try and learn a trick and spend 45 minutes doing the same thing over and over on the same ledge there is no one there to bitch.  As for clothing- it's whatever.  To me wearing Dickies isn't a trend, wearing them like you're prepping for a flood is, but so the fuck what if some little dude copies Rieder at the park, what's most important is that the little dude is out there skateboarding.  Does that shit really effect you?  That's like people bitching about the little kid covered head to toe in pads struggling his little ass up the pyramid.  Just be psyched the dude is out there, give him a high five, make his fucking day.  The amount of fucking hometown hero assholes at parks is way to prevalent.  You're nowhere near as fucking cool as you think you are, you're more kooked up than the little guy with way to big helmet getting in everyone's way.  At least he's having fun.
[close]
it's always dudes who aren't that good at skateboarding, too. they'll have their handfull of tricks they have on lock, and do them over and over and over, and then get pissed when some kid who's actually trying gets in the way of their 1,365,867th shitty back smith.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

immagetchuwet

« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2011, 04:50:58 PM »
chaz ortiz. nuff said

TheDonutFather

• Rep: -3
    • DOUBLE DONUTS. avatar image
« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2011, 05:19:03 PM »
Well, let's see.

I wear button ups. Usually with a bowtie or a regular tie sometimes, if not all the time.

I think shake junt is ill as shit.

I skate by myself. None of my friends do it but it's fun so fuck it.

I think hip hop and skating are perfect for each other. I just watched Brain Wash  and I couldn't stand most of soundtrack. I was going nuts when I saw Beasley's NATWV part though.

Aaaaaand I skate in vulcanized Nike sb blazers. So hey. Neg Rep me.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2011, 06:25:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I dig the whole skating alone thing, mainly because I have zero choice being that I am both 31 and live in a rural as fuck area, but I also like it because if I want to try and learn a trick and spend 45 minutes doing the same thing over and over on the same ledge there is no one there to bitch.?  As for clothing- it's whatever.?  To me wearing Dickies isn't a trend, wearing them like you're prepping for a flood is, but so the fuck what if some little dude copies Rieder at the park, what's most important is that the little dude is out there skateboarding.?  Does that shit really effect you??  That's like people bitching about the little kid covered head to toe in pads struggling his little ass up the pyramid.?  Just be psyched the dude is out there, give him a high five, make his fucking day.?  The amount of fucking hometown hero assholes at parks is way to prevalent.?  You're nowhere near as fucking cool as you think you are, you're more kooked up than the little guy with way to big helmet getting in everyone's way.?  At least he's having fun.
[close]
[close]
it's always dudes who aren't that good at skateboarding, too. they'll have their handfull of tricks they have on lock, and do them over and over and over, and then get pissed when some kid who's actually trying gets in the way of their 1,365,867th shitty back smith.

my favorite is the kids who are too cool to talk and try to look like they skate fast but only do powerslides and an ocassional boardslide or fifty

foureyedjim

« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2011, 06:44:36 PM »
Only two very general things:

1) Blatant imitating

2) trying to hard (trying too hard to make your style look good / trying too hard to dress as nice as possible when you're just going to get sweaty anyways).

earlygrab

« Reply #223 on: August 03, 2011, 07:35:14 PM »

[/quote]

my favorite is the kids who are too cool to talk and try to look like they skate fast but only do powerslides and an ocassional boardslide or fifty
[/quote]

we are to cool, maybe if you looked were you were going we wouldn't have to slow down to avoid you and your filmer. Your post has inspired my next session to be entirely powerslides. oh you said kids. too late, powerslidesssss.

immagetchuwet

« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2011, 07:40:37 PM »
claimers, no complys, fake style

« Reply #225 on: August 03, 2011, 08:31:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I dig the whole skating alone thing, mainly because I have zero choice being that I am both 31 and live in a rural as fuck area, but I also like it because if I want to try and learn a trick and spend 45 minutes doing the same thing over and over on the same ledge there is no one there to bitch.?  As for clothing- it's whatever.?  To me wearing Dickies isn't a trend, wearing them like you're prepping for a flood is, but so the fuck what if some little dude copies Rieder at the park, what's most important is that the little dude is out there skateboarding.?  Does that shit really effect you??  That's like people bitching about the little kid covered head to toe in pads struggling his little ass up the pyramid.?  Just be psyched the dude is out there, give him a high five, make his fucking day.?  The amount of fucking hometown hero assholes at parks is way to prevalent.?  You're nowhere near as fucking cool as you think you are, you're more kooked up than the little guy with way to big helmet getting in everyone's way.?  At least he's having fun.
[close]
[close]
[close]

throw in some flyouts

HoudiniXLogic

• Rep: -17
« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2011, 08:19:34 AM »
Dont know if this is a trend or not but I cant fucking show up to a park in a Morbid Angel shirt and baggy pants without every fucking emo kid there wanting to talk to me about their fucking shitty music.

And over here (Thailand), the absolute worst fucking trend is traveling an hour or so to a little park across town when you have pretty much the same set up 10 minutes from home.

Anyways,

voltronarm

• Rep: 2
« Reply #227 on: August 04, 2011, 09:12:24 AM »
too much slow-mo in the videos.

mattyc

• Rep: -6
« Reply #228 on: August 04, 2011, 09:14:35 AM »
Complaining about slomo in videos.
-mattyc

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
« Reply #229 on: August 04, 2011, 12:01:43 PM »
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

Mescalito

• Rep: 1
« Reply #230 on: August 04, 2011, 02:55:31 PM »
Expand Quote
no but i mean, u will see a kid with a plan b board, a white fitted hat, a tall tee, and some dc's or something, a few years back everyone was a "baker clone"
[close]
ive succumb to brown dicks.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #231 on: August 04, 2011, 04:44:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
no but i mean, u will see a kid with a plan b board, a white fitted hat, a tall tee, and some dc's or something, a few years back everyone was a "baker clone"
[close]
ive succumb to brown dicks.
[close]
no shame in upgrayedds game

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #232 on: August 04, 2011, 05:10:00 PM »
This whole "Brixton, I work in my garage on my Schaaf style motorcycle when I'm not skating while wearing weird Brixton hats and rockin' a killer mustache and witty tattoos look." 

This shit has to stop.  I got an Active Catalog in the mail today (I'm 24 and still get 12-year-old mail) and I was checkin' it out while I was on the shitter.  They are trying so hard to accomplish this blue color working man Brixton look.  Since when was it cool to wear boots, black framed glasses, a flannel, some dumb slick back hair and a dumb fuckin' mustache!? 

Fuck I hate everything!

you would hate my neighborhood
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Eon

• Rep: -9
« Reply #233 on: August 04, 2011, 05:30:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i myself am a a recovering perpitrator of this bullshit. i just get pissed sometimes when i spend a majority of my time dodging kids, so is not to kill them. rather than skating. but hey, i was in their shoes at one time. live and let live.

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #234 on: August 04, 2011, 05:41:04 PM »
ledge dancing
high waters
colored socks

i feel like you're getting a little too picky

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #235 on: August 04, 2011, 05:52:15 PM »
claimers, no complys, fake style

how can you hate no complys? they're so fun

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #236 on: August 04, 2011, 05:53:25 PM »
Expand Quote
ledge dancing
high waters
colored socks
[close]

i feel like you're getting a little too picky

what i'm hearing here is "whites only" and that's just plain ignant dog

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #237 on: August 04, 2011, 06:35:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This whole "Brixton, I work in my garage on my Schaaf style motorcycle when I'm not skating while wearing weird Brixton hats and rockin' a killer mustache and witty tattoos look." 

This shit has to stop.  I got an Active Catalog in the mail today (I'm 24 and still get 12-year-old mail) and I was checkin' it out while I was on the shitter.  They are trying so hard to accomplish this blue color working man Brixton look.  Since when was it cool to wear boots, black framed glasses, a flannel, some dumb slick back hair and a dumb fuckin' mustache!? 

Fuck I hate everything!
[close]

you would hate my neighborhood
[close]

And me.  I work on motorcycles and have tattoos.  I didn't know that many people did it aside from Schaaf though.

i think it's more of the v-neck, faux-cal greaser look that he's talking about. and they've moved on from flannels to dull blue/gray button ups and hitler youth hair stylings.

mattyc

• Rep: -6
« Reply #238 on: August 04, 2011, 06:52:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
ledge dancing
high waters
colored socks