Author Topic: Documentaries  (Read 77837 times)

FOGDOG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Documentaries
« Reply #300 on: January 31, 2019, 10:35:12 AM »
The Ted Bundy Tapes on Netflix has been really interesting.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #301 on: January 31, 2019, 02:31:32 PM »

Also looking forward to this upcoming documentary on Alien:
https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/29/18199621/memory-origins-of-alien-documentary-sundance

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #302 on: January 31, 2019, 02:39:00 PM »

Murder Mountain is entertaining, would love to hear if anyone knew anything passed the doc.
The law there seems super pussy. I think "we wanted to arrest him but he had a gun" was uttered.
nobody says “rootin tootin” anymore to describe how gas the session was and it makes me sick

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #303 on: February 01, 2019, 09:16:47 AM »

Small Town Ecstacy is fucking insane LOL. That dude (dad) is something else. Definitely recommend

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #304 on: February 12, 2019, 05:35:32 PM »

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #305 on: February 12, 2019, 06:17:04 PM »
The Anthony Weiner documentary "Weiner" is on Hulu. Pretty funny stuff, but you end up feeling bad for the wife.

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #306 on: February 17, 2019, 08:36:52 PM »
Rest in peace Hunter S Thompson.

Suave

• Rep: -21
« Reply #307 on: May 26, 2019, 02:47:47 PM »
this one got taken down and re-uploaded. i thought it was going to be racial or somehow controversial but it was very objective and fair.

gaunt

• Rep: 104
« Reply #308 on: May 26, 2019, 04:47:12 PM »
this one got taken down and re-uploaded. i thought it was going to be racial or somehow controversial but it was very objective and fair.

Nowhere in the documentary does she mention the cause of this refugee crisis, namely the American-led toppling of the Libyan government and the American-Saudi-Israeli-Turkish coalition that funded and supported ISIS and other "moderate rebels" in their war against the Syrian government (which they're losing now thanks to Russian intervention).

Her documentary is a contextless pandering to the alt-right, jingoistic American "patriots", conservatives, MAGAtards, the European far right and Israelis all at the same time. The goal, however, was to present an argument to Europeans and Americans that militarized border walls good, refugees bad, it's more humanitarian to keep refugees out, and America/NATO dindu nuffin in North Africa and the Middle East.

So don't kid yourself, it's entirely politically motivated - something to be aware of before watching

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #309 on: May 26, 2019, 04:53:06 PM »
You have like a doc streaming channel right?

Suave

« Reply #310 on: May 26, 2019, 04:55:55 PM »
did you watch it?
2/3 of the 'refugees' aren't actual refugees, they're economic migrants sold a false dream by globalists.
sure, that 1/3 that are actual refugees behind israel's ethnic cleansing of the middle east but that's only syria, afghanistan, iraq and yemen. all of whom would be better housed in middle eastern countries than european ones.

gaunt

« Reply #311 on: May 26, 2019, 05:39:26 PM »
did you watch it?
2/3 of the 'refugees' aren't actual refugees, they're economic migrants sold a false dream by globalists.
sure, that 1/3 that are actual refugees behind israel's ethnic cleansing of the middle east but that's only syria, afghanistan, iraq and yemen. all of whom would be better housed in middle eastern countries than european ones.
Do you know what a positive feedback loop is? The mass immigration is an effect of the destabilization of the region. It wasn't like suddenly a lot of people left one day and then suddenly the whole country started going through a fit. Destabilization and conflict occurred, then people left. If people stayed the destabilization would still be occurring, and the places they lived would still be desolated by conflict. If the west wants to stop mass immigration, it has to stop engaging in interventions. It can't just fund militant groups, occupy middle-eastern countries, engage in regime change, and fund both Israel and Saudi Arabia and expect nothing to happen because of it. Otherwise you're asking for something like the Israel border where they just fuck over Palestine and then shoot whoever comes close to its wall.

You can't very much blame people for vacating such a situation. This also implies that these people could even be put to useful work during US and NATO intervention and in the area they are in, which for most would be unlikely. Second, mass immigration doesn't just occur in a vacuum. It generally occurs for economic reasons, and for reasons involving imperialism (see: my previous post). Your statement suggests that somehow mass immigration occurs regardless of these concerns, and that one could simply utilize a wall or some other form of border security and mass immigration would somehow stop all together. 

It does not even address where the majority of illegal immigrants are coming from, which is not over the border. They are coming through legal ports of entry through places like airports and then overstaying Visa's. If your ultimate goal here is the construction of a wall, you should be aware it does nothing more than serve as an exorbitant waste of money with both its initial and then continual cost.

You have like a doc streaming channel right?
Yeah I do, i'll PM you a link

Suave

« Reply #312 on: May 26, 2019, 05:50:59 PM »
you obviously didn't watch it since you're conflating american illegals vs europe's.
'the west' is not monolith so when the us fights israel's wars, the refugees shouldn't be allowed to run to ireland. or sweden. or anywhere except possibly israel or america.
there are ngo's that swoop up floating 'refugees' and migrants just off the coast of turkey. they don't have to cross the channel to europe, they only plan to get out where they'll be 'saved' by [oftentimes jewish] do-gooders who asides facilitating the invasion are bigtime money launderers. 'in my country we're taught israelis are bad but here they are greeting us under the israel flag'.
they're not 'overstaying visas' liek in the states, you need to destroy your paperwork in order to lie and claim asylum.
it's part of the 'kalergi plan' to undermine nationalism and separate countries and identities for a low iq population that will better serve the elites. it's been plannned for decades but you can see it happening now.
my goal is a wall? um, i live in america and this is a documentary about europe. you'd know that if you watched instead of reciting someone else's review or whatever you're going on.
and again, if you watched you'd realize that only 1/3 of so-called refugees are in fact that, the vast majority are people who were sold a false dream so they sold homes or in some other way came up w/ the $1500 it costs to be ferried illegally across the continental borders [nevermind how much it cost getting to that point]. these aren't broke refugees, they're people w/ a little $ who saw an opportunity to get more and live this fantasy life sold to them by 'society for open borders' and other NGO's.

gaunt

« Reply #313 on: May 26, 2019, 06:14:42 PM »
you obviously didn't watch it since you're conflating american illegals vs europe's.
'the west' is not monolith so when the us fights israel's wars, the refugees shouldn't be allowed to run to ireland. or sweden. or anywhere except possibly israel or america.
there are ngo's that swoop up floating 'refugees' and migrants just off the coast of turkey. they don't have to cross the channel to europe, they only plan to get out where they'll be 'saved' by [oftentimes jewish] do-gooders who asides facilitating the invasion are bigtime money launderers. 'in my country we're taught israelis are bad but here they are greeting us under the israel flag'.
they're not 'overstaying visas' liek in the states, you need to destroy your paperwork in order to lie and claim asylum.
it's part of the 'kalergi plan' to undermine nationalism and separate countries and identities for a low iq population that will better serve the elites. it's been plannned for decades but you can see it happening now.
my goal is a wall? um, i live in america and this is a documentary about europe. you'd know that if you watched instead of reciting someone else's review or whatever you're going on.
and again, if you watched you'd realize that only 1/3 of so-called refugees are in fact that, the vast majority are people who were sold a false dream so they sold homes or in some other way came up w/ the $1500 it costs to be ferried illegally across the continental borders [nevermind how much it cost getting to that point]. these aren't broke refugees, they're people w/ a little $ who saw an opportunity to get more and live this fantasy life sold to them by 'society for open borders' and other NGO's.
This is where I stop responding to you - go back to 4chan

Suave

« Reply #314 on: May 26, 2019, 07:33:02 PM »
never chan never will.
but honestly, you're out of your depth. watch the doc then you can talk. if you haven't watched the doc, you shouldn't talk. i rest my case your honor. -- johnny cochrane

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #315 on: June 13, 2019, 01:09:37 PM »
bump, anything new?
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #316 on: June 13, 2019, 07:05:21 PM »
bump, anything new?

I might watch that new HBO doc “Ice on Fire” tonight so i’ll let you know. But just a heads up its produced by Leonardo Di Caprio and it’s about climate change.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #317 on: June 14, 2019, 01:01:51 PM »

Irvine-Sucks.com

gaunt

« Reply #318 on: June 14, 2019, 05:32:17 PM »
if you wanna watch a mellow but interesting documentary about the toynbee tiles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toynbee_tiles) and a filmmaker who tries to uncover the person behind them, give this one a try:

it's not something that demands your undivided attention, good documentary to put on before bed

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
« Reply #319 on: June 15, 2019, 08:30:43 PM »
just watched The Russian Five. pretty great actually, and I'm not even a hockey guy

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #320 on: June 16, 2019, 12:48:42 AM »
A couple of music docs on Netflix: ReMastered The Lion's Share and Bathtubs over Broadway. Amazon Prime has a ton of old educational and trade docs, I just watched Classic STD Films.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1138
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #321 on: June 16, 2019, 11:11:06 PM »
Bizarre documentary about two sisters that intentionally jumped into a busy highway, determined to get hit by a car.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 11:15:16 PM by SneakySecrets »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #322 on: August 02, 2019, 12:27:31 PM »
hadn't watched this in ten years

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #323 on: August 03, 2019, 02:24:11 AM »
The Price of Everything, Jodorowsky’s Dune and Dune and Virunga were all good.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #324 on: August 03, 2019, 08:58:28 AM »

Watching this badboi tonight. Can't wait.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #325 on: August 03, 2019, 07:32:02 PM »
End Of The World Cult

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #326 on: August 03, 2019, 07:59:10 PM »
The Price of Everything, Jodorowsky’s Dune and Dune and Virunga were all good.

Having only very basic knowledge about Dune, Jodorowsky's Dune was mindblowing to me.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #327 on: August 04, 2019, 05:14:06 PM »
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #328 on: August 04, 2019, 06:44:50 PM »
Expand Quote
End Of The World Cult

[close]

streamable?

Amazon Prime is how I saw it but may be other places

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1078
« Reply #329 on: August 06, 2019, 09:46:12 AM »
Not sure if it's been shared yet...
Ken Burns: National Parks - Americas Best Idea.

Living in California, this documentary sparked me to go to the Grand Canyon and a few other places. John Miur was a gangster.