Author Topic: Jake Brown off Blind.  (Read 26117 times)

pica

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Jake Brown off Blind.
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2012, 02:43:56 PM »
jake brown's part in what if is the only vert part i never skip.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2012, 03:08:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Pro? Can't really see it without a sick part. BATB doesn't mean so much.
[close]
is this not sick enough for you ? he deserves it without a doubt.
He is obviously good. But everyone is these days. That part was pretty dull. Horses for courses I guess...
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

DIRTWEED

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2012, 03:12:41 PM »
3 words: look at Think. blind could do what think just did. got some hard workers, some homies just wanting to prove themselves, true street rats with style. updated the art direction...def more 2013 but still with a nod to its roots.

they took their time and re developed a brand left for dead. with the way skate is headed, may not be bad a thing for blind to hit a restart button and come back with a fresh feel to appeal to the people still skating...the brand just screams of something that should be sold at a sporting goods store not of something with the clout it should have. run the 90's gonz logo for everything- pullover hoodies, crewnecks, 5 panels, oversized logo deck graphics. do a few shapes in the 8.25-8.5 with a nod to older shaped with a more squared nose and distinct tail.
be creative, not re release what was creative.

romar and morgan are 2 to start with and keep. check out some other cats that are on smaller brands that could make a move for greater opportunity and rebuild: get manny on to be like team leader, love karl, but walker ryan could use some extra push, bring on sebo he's coming into his own right now, give nick tucker a shot to silence people, let tommy fynn get a shot from someone with a budget, james capps could hold down sf. all these guys given a shot would add what is missing from blind- style.

blind just went from something holding on to something coming up...you asked, sorry to blast.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2012, 03:19:08 PM »
No, fuck this shit! Why is Morgan not pro or at least am for DC? He has more than paid his dues. He even satisfied the berrics cum-guzzlers by winning all those games of skate. Weiss is weak!!

Applesalad

• Rep: -3
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2012, 03:55:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
is this not sick enough for you ? he deserves it without a doubt.
[close]
He is obviously good. But everyone is these days. That part was pretty dull. Horses for courses I guess...

I'm not even going to waste my time. Obviously nothing impresses you or you're completely jaded if you think that part is dull and generic.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2012, 04:05:06 PM »
Dear Mr. Weiss:

Please bring back bLind carpenter jeans like they had in 98-99.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2012, 04:27:22 PM »
bold move mr.wiess

so, Im sure your sales are actually really good, but, I will say this. Kids are a lot more clued in these days and have better taste at a much earlier age. May be time to drop the reaper.
I need a coffee

A.J.K.

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2012, 04:57:39 PM »
3 words: look at Think. blind could do what think just did. got some hard workers, some homies just wanting to prove themselves, true street rats with style. updated the art direction...def more 2013 but still with a nod to its roots.

they took their time and re developed a brand left for dead. with the way skate is headed, may not be bad a thing for blind to hit a restart button and come back with a fresh feel to appeal to the people still skating...the brand just screams of something that should be sold at a sporting goods store not of something with the clout it should have. run the 90's gonz logo for everything- pullover hoodies, crewnecks, 5 panels, oversized logo deck graphics. do a few shapes in the 8.25-8.5 with a nod to older shaped with a more squared nose and distinct tail.

romar and morgan are 2 to start with and keep. check out some other cats that are on smaller brands that could make a move for greater opportunity and rebuild: get manny on to be like team leader, love karl, but walker ryan could use some extra push, bring on sebo he's coming into his own right now, give nick tucker a shot to silence people, let tommy fynn get a shot from someone with a budget, james capps could hold down sf. all these guys given a shot would add what is missing from blind- style.

blind just went from something holding on to something coming up...you asked, sorry to blast.

With the exception of Nick Tucker (dude is nothing special) and Walker Ryan (fits Organika too well and doubt he'd leave) this sounds like a recipe for success.  I just checked out the catalogue at it's a lot better then I expected, but I think adding a few new guys that maybe stray away from current team would be good i.e. James Capps, as suggested above.  If Think could come back like it has, no reason Blind can't.

And
drop the reaper.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2012, 06:42:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

With the exception of Nick Tucker (dude is nothing special) and Walker Ryan (fits Organika too well and doubt he'd leave) this sounds like a recipe for success.  I just checked out the catalogue at it's a lot better then I expected, but I think adding a few new guys that maybe stray away from current team would be good i.e. James Capps, as suggested above.  If Think could come back like it has, no reason Blind can't.

And
Expand Quote
drop the reaper.
[close]
While I agree with the recipe per se. I think that it would be really hard to pull off. Think had most of that team before its redux. As well most of those guys have some pretty intense company loyalty, like Manny and Sebo.

DIRTWEED

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2012, 07:05:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

And
Expand Quote
drop the reaper.
[close]
[close]
While I agree with the recipe per se. I think that it would be really hard to pull off. Think had most of that team before its redux. As well most of those guys have some pretty intense company loyalty, like Manny and Sebo.

yeah, i do hear you, but all of them could use a decent paycheck as well. something solid. real travel budget. some of these guys are making a little from shoe deals, but a deck check that comes every month on time...means alot for the this group that is needing that next push from a brand. hell, incentivize them to wear blind tees and pullovers also. cant hurt...purple pullover hoodie with that og blind logo and some choc brown chinos. not mad at that.

blankbutbranded

• Rep: 137
  • Scut Farkus homebwaye
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2012, 08:55:24 PM »
DEAR WEISS...MA CANADIAN FELLO

Blind need to ditch the sub-altern kiddo look of World and start over again with Sheffey and hustle bacc Lavar to a deal.

make tours and party on.

need this BAD homeyeye

MrGrace

• Rep: -6
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2012, 09:23:17 PM »
Hmm I do like to party
Good call

DIRTWEED

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2012, 10:33:32 PM »
look forward to that demo.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2012, 03:56:19 AM »
My view on Blind is I don't really have one, or the company is just not on my radar.  Granted, I don't skate as much as in the past, but still go through 8-10 decks a year.   When the time comes to get a new one, I never think, "I wonder what's in the new Blind catalog?"  "Is the Reaper going to be giving me the middle finger or devil horns this time?"  I'm sure it sells well to the intended demo, just not for me.   It's like when World went from one of the the most elite companies in skating to the wet willy stuff.  I'm sure they made way more money on the latter.     

I agree with what others say about the team.  It seems like a random mix of guys.  They are good at skating, but there is no real team vibe or continuity.  This may be a result of bad marketing.  Of course the guys on small companies likely hang out a lot, but even the marketing (videos/ads) the big guys like Real, Girl, Zero, and Baker make it feel as if they are friends and down for the same stuff (whether that's true or not.) 

jexe

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2012, 04:15:11 AM »
this was the best thing blind had done in a long time

Box of Frogs

• Rep: 7
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2012, 04:51:27 AM »
this was the best thing blind had done in a long time

Replace the first "i" with a "e". Score! Instant slapfame for Blind

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!

True Story

« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2012, 08:26:43 AM »
Jake Brown is now riding for Sk8Mafia

True Story.

Ray

• Rep: 0
    • Twitter avatar image
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2012, 05:46:14 PM »
I think it WILL be tight 2 see Jake bs flipping the Mega on the signature SK8MAFIA logo on that board

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2012, 06:03:20 PM »
lol ok

Avicci

• Rep: -71
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2012, 10:22:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And Blind This Is Not A Test which I couldn't find his part on YouTube.

"chill out on the yo flips theo we only want whats best for you!"

mongomaestro

• Rep: -41
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
the reaper bullschit killed blind...

what they got now, skinny blind jeans?    ::)

i think the riders pretty much rip though...  big up to ronnie and cliff for holdin it down so long...   

im straight on the schwag though... and weiss seems like a hardcore kook imo...

TomTom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2012, 06:07:32 AM »

what they got now, skinny blind jeans?    ::)

as long as they are purple...

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »
speaking of blind. anyone see that felipe ortiz interview in thrasher? god damn homie throws it down! surprised he doesn't have a legit shoe sponsor.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

mongomaestro

• Rep: -41
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2012, 11:42:03 AM »
Expand Quote

what they got now, skinny blind jeans??  ?  ::)

[close]
as long as they are purple...

with the green stitch~!

an

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2012, 12:47:33 PM »
You can't out-darkstar, darkstar.  Even if you're trying the jr. version.  Why anyone would try is beyond me.  Let World have it.

A good tour wouldn't hurt.  Nobody really comes through the midwest and central states.  Good tour clips every week.  Also try that hide a product contest crap.  It's getting other people some exposure.  Kids love free stuff, and if they have to hunt for it through social media clues, it'll infect their brains. You want to infect the kids don't you?

I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2012, 01:37:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

And Blind This Is Not A Test which I couldn't find his part on YouTube.
[close]

Thanks. I can't say I've searched for his stuff. To me he's a Dobstaff, obviously talented but... Like I said, horses for courses. I'm not denying his talent. Still not really feeling it. His hiphop was gut tho.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2012, 12:10:19 AM »
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -43
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2012, 01:28:41 AM »
That over-sized print of the OG logo on your T's looks pretty dated. I would consider riding a Morgan board if it included a rip off of the Toronto Blue Jays' logo.

CamaroSSk8

• Rep: -4
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2012, 07:36:00 PM »