Author Topic: Election Day 2007  (Read 2645 times)

biggums mcgee

Election Day 2007
« on: November 07, 2006, 02:08:43 PM »
How did the rest of you guys vote this year? Think the Dems are gonna take congress back, or what? I myself voted all green, with the exception of the locals..

blank.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Election Day 2007
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 02:16:06 PM »
you must have to be blind to vote republican

backtoschool

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 02:23:08 PM »
At the risk of getting ripped apart, can someone tell me who the candidates are? I'm not from the U.S. but I've tried to find out who's running. It's either some big secret or so damned obvious that it's assumed everyone knows.
Is Bush running again?

biggums mcgee

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 02:46:07 PM »
At the risk of getting ripped apart, can someone tell me who the candidates are? I'm not from the U.S. but I've tried to find out who's running. It's either some big secret or so damned obvious that it's assumed everyone knows.
Is Bush running again?

its a mid-term election..in other words, no president is being elected. members of congress are running (the house and senate) and other state and local-level canidates are running.

blank.

• Rep: -3
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 02:55:33 PM »
is Bush even allowed to run again?

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 02:57:01 PM »
No, presidents are only allowed to serve two consecutive terms, so Bush is done in '08.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 03:22:03 PM »
No, presidents are only allowed to serve two consecutive terms, so Bush is done in '08.

Well with the amount of sketchy shit he's done to get into power in the first AND second place, i think he'll win the midterm and then probably have a 3rd shot at power, i mean he is unstoppable isn't he ?

Isn't he ?
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

your mom

• Rep: 26
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 05:06:00 PM »
the templetons are on the michael moore homepage
http://michaelmoore.com/

whatnot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 06:12:39 PM »
Senate are still dominating by Republicans, am I missing something here??
i love opening skate talk and see mbl88 mbl88 mbl88... on every thread's last post
----anonymous member

E.l.G

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 10:29:31 PM »
Senate are still dominating by Republicans, am I missing something here??

Not as many seats up as in the congress + people are regular.

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 10:44:41 PM »
according to yahoo news:

- the democrats have won control of congress, first time in twelve years

- this makes nancy pelosi of california the first female speaker of the house

- the senate race is close, with 49 senators republican vs 48 for democrats. 3 states left to report

- the democrats are guaranteed governor majority, also first time in twelve years

- south dakota voters shot down a proposal that, if passed, would have banned almost all abortions. that would have included instances of rape and incest.

basically it's a good day in the US if you are to the "left of center"

"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

E.l.G

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 10:54:43 PM »
Damn yo, senate is close.

steve urkel

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 09:08:48 AM »

ur real dumb wid a statemnet like dat, democrat still right of center.

totalitarism - communism - socailism - democratic socailism - mixed econ - libralism - democratic - republican - fascism - totalitarism

go ta grade 9 idoit

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 12:01:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well with the amount of sketchy shit he's done to get into power in the first AND second place, i think he'll win the midterm and then probably have a 3rd shot at power, i mean he is unstoppable isn't he ?

Isn't he ?

He definitely will not have a third shot at power now. Even if the congress was fully republican it would be difficult, and after shit like Katrina, it would be tough for Bush to get reelected anyway.

Bush is becoming more and more stopable, that was the impact most of us hoped it would have. The congress has the power of oversight over the president. However, as far back as Bush has been president, he has had congress blindly backing him. This should stop now. The first sign of this stopping is the resignation of Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld. For our foreign friends who don't know who this is, Rumsfeld is one of the main architects of the war, a major asshole who keeps fucking the war up, and helped it happen in the first place. Everybody thought he should step down for years, by the end, even the military newspapers called for him to step down. But the stubborn and arrogant whitehouse wouldn't let him. He supposedly even put in a letter of resignation that was rejected. Now, with Rummy's resignation it has become clear that Bush is fucked, and he knows it.
http://play.rbn.com/?url=ap/nynyt/g2demand/1108dv_rumsfeld_quits_SS.rm&proto=rtsp&mode=compact

How about that senate? Last I saw updated on here there were 3 states undetermined. 2 results are official now. MIssouri- Claire McCaskill (D) won. Montana- John Tester (D) won. As far as Virginia goes, its going to a recount, however the most recent information I have shows that challenger James Webb (d) has about a 6,000 vote lead on incumbent George Allen (R). Could a recount go towards the democrats favor for the first time? Have the democrats taken BOTH house AND senate this year? It looks good. I may start to feel a little less scared to live in America soon.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

biggums mcgee

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 01:01:20 PM »
man is a third-party canidate ever going to win a major office?

raaawwstreet

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 01:34:59 PM »
according to yahoo news:

- the senate race is close, with 49 senators republican vs 48 for democrats. 3 states left to report

- the democrats are guaranteed governor majority, also first time in twelve years

- south dakota voters shot down a proposal that, if passed, would have banned almost all abortions. that would have included instances of rape and incest.

the only problem with the democrates taking over congress (wich i have say in my opinion anything is better then republican) this is what alquada wants right now..
there hoping that democrates will press the issue of sending troops home and ending the war sooner then later, i am and always been against war and production of weapons and firearms, so basically you will never se me working foe lockheed and martin...anyways, we have stired so much tension up over there, i mean im sure 35% of the comunity in iraq wants to be liberated, but all we have done is lost american and iraqie lifes and  now irans got nukes, lebanon and isreal want to kill each other, who knows what korea is doing now. next thing you know a shippment of dwindle boards are going to dock on american soil and a damm nuke is going to go off and fuck shit up...republican,democrate,liberterian,green party? sorry, america is going to be under attack

when they hang sadam they should rope up rumsfeld too.

raaawwstreet

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 01:41:22 PM »

power calls shots, third party will never win unfortunatly, some of my briliant freinds made fun of me for voting for ralph patrick nader, they said i was just taking a vote away from john kerry, my thoughts on that? fuck kerry! i dont have to choose between the lesser of two evils, nader is a good man...if only chomsky would run for prez, im not sure if he is originally from the u.s. though

Chris from Essex

• Rep: 4
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 02:15:37 PM »
Well, it's front page news here in the UK. I can assure you that we're all glad to see Rumsfeld go, and hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the Bush administration. Actually, they ran some footage of Bush explaining his decision this evening, and he was all over the fucking place! Couldn't even get a simple sentence out! But at least one of his cronies is gone for good...

Max Renn

• Rep: -1
  • Bringin' Sexy Back
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 02:35:24 PM »
I voted for Clay Aiken. Again.

• Rep: 48
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 03:05:39 PM »
Expand Quote
according to yahoo news:

[close]

the only problem with the democrates taking over congress (wich i have say in my opinion anything is better then republican) this is what alquada wants right now..
there hoping that democrates will press the issue of sending troops home and ending the war sooner then later, i am and always been against war and production of weapons and firearms, so basically you will never se me working foe lockheed and martin...anyways, we have stired so much tension up over there, i mean im sure 35% of the comunity in iraq wants to be liberated, but all we have done is lost american and iraqie lifes and  now irans got nukes, lebanon and isreal want to kill each other, who knows what korea is doing now. next thing you know a shippment of dwindle boards are going to dock on american soil and a damm nuke is going to go off and fuck shit up...republican,democrate,liberterian,green party? sorry, america is going to be under attack

when they hang sadam they should rope up rumsfeld too.
I'm in the Navy.  I attended a luncheon on my ship where I sat 2 tables away from Rumsfeld.  I'm glad to see him go, and I'm not the only one in the armed forces who feels this way.  America became less safe with the policies he instituted.  Do you think anything they've done in Iraq has made your life safer abroad?  Seriously?  All of those high ranking retired generals and admirals that called for his resignation spoke up because they just made the realization you just made.

“Skaters are rebels” Reggie Barnes
“…If we create campaigns trying to sway skateboarders they will possibly rebel against it and go even more to non branded boards”

Max Renn

• Rep: -1
  • Bringin' Sexy Back
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 03:33:52 PM »
Shut-up Bumsfeld. Get over here and scrub my poop deck.

If you like adventure
Don't you wait to enter
The recruiting office fast
Don't you hesitate
There is no need to wait
They're signing up new seamen fast
Maybe you are too young
To join up today
But don't you worry 'bout a thing
For I'm sure there will be
Always a good navy
Protecting the land and sea

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 04:22:42 PM »
Not possible in the American system really. Any major third power uprising in the U.S. has been based generally around one major issue that people took too. What happens is that one of the two majors usually ends up stealing it, wiping the third party off the map. Generally thrid party candidates know this, and make the transformation of the major parties more of a goal than actually being elected to office.

As for the rumsfeld clip somebody was talking about, I thought I posted that clip up on this thread, maybe it was the other election one.

So do you non-Americans maybe hate us just a little less now? please?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 04:24:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Isn't he ?
[close]

He definitely will not have a third shot at power now. Even if the congress was fully republican it would be difficult, and after shit like Katrina, it would be tough for Bush to get reelected anyway.

Bush is becoming more and more stopable, that was the impact most of us hoped it would have. The congress has the power of oversight over the president. However, as far back as Bush has been president, he has had congress blindly backing him. This should stop now. The first sign of this stopping is the resignation of Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld. For our foreign friends who don't know who this is, Rumsfeld is one of the main architects of the war, a major asshole who keeps fucking the war up, and helped it happen in the first place. Everybody thought he should step down for years, by the end, even the military newspapers called for him to step down. But the stubborn and arrogant whitehouse wouldn't let him. He supposedly even put in a letter of resignation that was rejected. Now, with Rummy's resignation it has become clear that Bush is fucked, and he knows it.
http://play.rbn.com/?url=ap/nynyt/g2demand/1108dv_rumsfeld_quits_SS.rm&proto=rtsp&mode=compact

How about that senate? Last I saw updated on here there were 3 states undetermined. 2 results are official now. MIssouri- Claire McCaskill (D) won. Montana- John Tester (D) won. As far as Virginia goes, its going to a recount, however the most recent information I have shows that challenger James Webb (d) has about a 6,000 vote lead on incumbent George Allen (R). Could a recount go towards the democrats favor for the first time? Have the democrats taken BOTH house AND senate this year? It looks good. I may start to feel a little less scared to live in America soon.
yeah, the clip is in this post, read and watch "the most powerful man in the world" squirm like a bitch

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 04:29:45 PM »
Sorry, I would have editted the last post, but I didn't find the button. turns out they changed Bush's fumbling ass speach clip into a report. Still, if you find the speech, watch it. Hillarity!

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2006, 06:32:25 PM »
the republican party fucked me over and i didnt get to vote.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

E.l.G

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2006, 06:39:29 PM »
?

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 06:43:58 PM »
its a long story but to make it shjort, when i had registered to vote, the people doing the registration where the republican party and when i checked declined to state. after waiting for my infor such as polling place etc it never came, so yesterday i made a phone call and the regeistoir of voters never recieved my information, they searched through my social and my id number but they had never seen my registration form. because the republican party either forgot or didnt send it, but my friend who also declined to state his part also didnt get his information either, so im kind of working on a theory but im not going to get into it, and here comes the fake mizark account with a stop posting.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2221
  • computer says no
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 07:09:14 PM »
You can register at your DMV, bentmode. I know it doesn't help you now... I'm just sayin'.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 07:31:50 PM »
yeah but at the time it was convienent.

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 07:42:54 PM »
Actually, they ran some footage of Bush explaining his decision this evening, and he was all over the fucking place! Couldn't even get a simple sentence out!

1. Welcome back?
2. This is nothing new.