Author Topic: Zoo York cuts skate team?  (Read 31986 times)

Paper Crane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Zoo York cuts skate team?
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2012, 02:34:49 AM »
how about THINK?

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2012, 02:45:51 AM »
Westgate is Girl and Plan B material.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2012, 03:04:07 AM »
Since a lot of baker riders are on emerica it would make sense if the boss tried getting him to get on. Theotis manages somehow right? Him on toy does make more sense. Westgate and leo skate together the most anyways. Its a more natural fit and he does fit the vibe better. Real would be cool. A  busenitz/westgate hill bomb doubles part would be sick. If that doesnt workout Get westgate on volcom clothing and make it happen.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2012, 03:06:46 AM »
Westgate is Girl and Plan B material.

I do not want to see him on girl or plan b. not a fan of seeing every good skater having to end up on those teams. It makes skate videos boring.

dopestghost

• Rep: -1
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2012, 03:40:24 AM »
Next board if Westgate hops on Real.

Jackburton

« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2012, 04:36:33 AM »
I would cry tears of joy if Westgate ended up on Real.
This.  To me he is the best guy out right now.  Also, like you said the Real team is pretty clean cut for a skate team and it would make sense.

And pelase for the love of pete find this man a proper home-

I think he would fit on Plan B the way PJ Ladd does.  I dunno that was just off the top of my head.  I could see him on...

iamchuckbass

« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2012, 06:10:29 AM »
Worst company anyway. who gives a fuck. now at lest the riders can get something good going

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2012, 06:11:17 AM »
Expand Quote
You guys are stupid. Zered said in a recent ESPN interview that they're cutting everyone BUT westgate and Chaz
[close]
As soon as their contracts run out, what do you think is going to happen? They aren't renewing contracts, but aren't cutting people in the middle of theirs.

And people saying baker and Westgate...seriously? Imagine Brandon Westgate in the baker team van....not happening.

i wouldnt be suprised at all if the kept chaz to keep some sort of image going. and chaz wont care if hes a one man team

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2012, 07:26:07 AM »
You guys are stupid. Zered said in a recent ESPN interview that they're cutting everyone BUT westgate and Chaz

If you have ever had the pleasure of checking out Cheri or Swank magazine you're likely familiar with the insanely close zoom-in, 3-page fold outs that they have.  I just want to let you know that you are an even bigger cunt than any of those.  

b.v.

« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2012, 07:49:39 AM »
Westgate and suski back on 5boro.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2012, 08:47:02 AM »
so those three ams didnt have contracts?? id think theyd keep them around as theyd work for cheap!

The ams are still on. The question is: how long will they stick with the Zoo program? Its unlikely they receive much in the way of financial compensation to begin with.

I'm sure that Westgate will bail when his contract is up.

Zoo will, of course, retain Chaz, as he fits the new direction perfectly. The concept of 'Steeze' will become a cornerstone of their branding across their marketing, media and product design platforms.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2012, 09:54:15 AM »
This is fucking rad, I suppose it explains why Zoo York is killing it with the "Hey bro, I used to skate!" market...

I realize it's a tired argument but I still think it sucks to see anything associated with skateboarding sold somewhere other than a skateshop.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3422
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2012, 11:02:23 AM »
This is fucking rad, I suppose it explains why Zoo York is killing it with the "Hey bro, I used to skate!" market...

I realize it's a tired argument but I still think it sucks to see anything associated with skateboarding sold somewhere other than a skateshop.

Seamus, it's almost like you and I are brothers from different mothers or lovers from former lifetimes separated by space, time, distance, money and savvy, because I agree with almost everything you ever post, ever.

Zoo has been an embarrassing company for a long, long time. I knew they were in trouble when years ago my sister gave me a Zoo hoodie for Christmas. Nice gesture on her part, and it was sweet that she tried, so my issue wasn't with her but with Zoo because my sister most definitely never steps foot in a core shop of any sort. I've always hated that sweatshirt.

I'd be kind-of stoked if Westgate got on some company that made everybody go "WTF?" like Creature or enjoi. He's the raddest...and such a humble person too which is fucking awesome.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2012, 12:10:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Seamus, it's almost like you and I are brothers from different mothers or lovers from former lifetimes separated by space, time, distance, money and savvy, because I agree with almost everything you ever post, ever.

Must have been a spark ignited by the Jesus incident.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2012, 12:32:54 PM »
It would be fucking sweet if even one of these guys made something happen with hopps, raw or traffic. do it for the love. eli reed landing on plan B would be the worst thing (not for him, for me as a fan) that could possibly happen.
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3422
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2012, 04:20:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Must have been a spark ignited by the Jesus incident.

Hahaha. That plus the fact that I'm a "yes man".

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2012, 05:50:22 PM »
I suppose it explains why Zoo York is killing it with the "Hey bro, I used to skate!" market...

I've always thought about this. I wonder what people who used to be really into skating but quit back in the day when zoo was still putting out videos like mixtape and peep this think when they see the logos all over the place. I could totally see them buying it thinking like "Oh I remember them, they were totally legit"
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

foureyedjim

« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2012, 06:10:25 PM »
I can imagine Westgate on Alien (If the team wasn't so stacked already).

His post-stay gold part had a similar vibe to Nick boserio and Gilbert crockett's life splicing parts. 

Honestly, as long as he ends up on a decent board sponsor, his skating will speak for itself.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2012, 09:04:49 PM »
just restart aesthetics.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

malibu hamish

• Rep: -11
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2012, 11:19:09 PM »
where will chaz ortiz go ???

foureyedjim

« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2012, 11:43:46 PM »
where will chaz ortiz go ???

who really cares?  He can always make money off contests right?

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2012, 04:37:58 AM »
I can imagine Westgate on Alien (If the team wasn't so stacked already).

His post-stay gold part had a similar vibe to Nick boserio and Gilbert crockett's life splicing parts. 

Honestly, as long as he ends up on a decent board sponsor, his skating will speak for itself.

I can see this as well. Would be pretty sick.

john2010hill

• Rep: -13
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2012, 05:10:50 AM »
Good job zoo, i'm actually glad to see your company burying itself

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2012, 08:57:56 AM »
i feel like Zoo is doing what all corporate skate companies are going to do or heading towards, it's the surf clothing company business model
where the team riders aren't as much team riders but paid endorsers of the product. To keep things fresh and moving companies are (element already doing this) are gonna sign dudes to a contract if they don't get a lot bigger by the time the contract is up the company moves on and doesn't sign them. Pros are gonna be ok with this cuz these companies are gonna pay them more in 2-3 years than they would ever make riding for a core company. If they have a decent shoe deal they wont care, they'll get good money for a few years then be able to go ride for their homies small company.
Skateboarding has become a mainstream sport and these companies trying to attract mainstream markets and money are gonna treat it as such, your corporate own companies are gonna be run more like football teams than a homie squad.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2012, 11:53:41 AM »
i saw a post on instagram where someone asked RB whether he still worked there or not and he said he does and they've got stuff coming up. maybe they're keeping more than just chaz and westgate

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2012, 03:13:41 PM »
i saw a post on instagram where someone asked RB whether he still worked there or not and he said he does and they've got stuff coming up. maybe they're keeping more than just chaz and westgate

I'm sure he'll milk that cow as long as he has to.  Salaried skate filmer gigs are pretty few and far between.  With his resume, I'm sure he could freelance, but that is an unstable way to make a living, at best.

Liam Baker

• Rep: -50
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2012, 10:40:03 PM »
Westgate on Alien would make me very, very happy. Just imagine Him, AVE, Dylan, Crockett, and Jake all on the same team. Their next video would break skateboarding forever. And as for Chaz, nobody cares where he goes, he should get demoted to Am
fuck

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2012, 11:06:04 PM »
Chaz is one trophy toss away from Seaholmism. 
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2012, 06:38:41 AM »
The Zoo site is weird, when you initially click on "Officials" it shows Chaz, Eli, Westgate and Zered
Then under the the "Skate" tab it lists Westgate, Chaz, Forrest Kirby, Suski, and Ron Deily.  Kevin Taylor is the only name listed as "Master".
Looks like Zoo didn't re-sign their web guy, shit doesn't make sense.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2012, 07:28:33 AM »
RB's got that Texas oil money he'll be ok.