Author Topic: The Lakai Pledge  (Read 127313 times)

Fongstarr.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: The Lakai Pledge
« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2013, 11:54:12 PM »

Just saw these on e-bay for $40 with free shipping. Might have to get.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2013, 01:30:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What is the midtop called? I couldn't find it on the site, also are either of them canvas? I don't see a way to search on their site.
[close]

It's the INDIO model due for Spring 2013.
Both colorways in that photo are Canvas: Black Canvas and Royal Canvas.
In the description says it features canvas and synthetic leather upper.

(Scroll the photo to the right).

[close]

Did they scrap this shoe?? I couldn't find it anywhere on the site, was really stoked on them and bummed if they are not being made.
It's pretty dope that Lakai have their own Blazer type shoe, and this point, Lakai's quality is better than Nike's right now.

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #152 on: March 04, 2013, 01:35:24 PM »

Just saw these on e-bay for $40 with free shipping. Might have to get.
cop them shits
$40 is solid.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What is the midtop called? I couldn't find it on the site, also are either of them canvas? I don't see a way to search on their site.
[close]

It's the INDIO model due for Spring 2013.
Both colorways in that photo are Canvas: Black Canvas and Royal Canvas.
In the description says it features canvas and synthetic leather upper.

(Scroll the photo to the right).

[close]

Did they scrap this shoe?? I couldn't find it anywhere on the site, was really stoked on them and bummed if they are not being made.
[close]
It's pretty dope that Lakai have their own Blazer type shoe, and this point, Lakai's quality is better than Nike's right now.

Honestly. Plus, the subtle branding is a nice touch.

SKATE DAD

• Rep: 5
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2013, 07:15:23 PM »
i don't know about tags or numbers on labels, but working at a shop i've seen the bad ones as well as the new ones and the difference is
obviously visible. the new ones are proper skate shoes and match the average quality of any legit shoe brand on the market.
My manchesters are lasting a lot longer than they usually do. And I have been able to skate all day every day recently and they are holding up great! Going to buy my son a pair.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2013, 07:26:09 PM »

out now. good price, and this is a legit shop to buy them from if your local isnt getting them

http://www.thepremierstore.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=8&PID=16971

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2013, 08:21:12 PM »
wow! $50! thats so reasonable!

StFlour

« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2013, 08:25:49 PM »

out now. good price, and this is a legit shop to buy them from if your local isnt getting them

Not worth it because of the Canvas, but hella clean.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2013, 10:06:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not worth it because of the Canvas, but hella clean.

the stitches in the ollie area would lend themself as a good guide to a black shoegoo ollie patch that would probably look pretty good. atleast thats what i would do if i got these

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2013, 08:55:57 PM »
I always sho goo my shoes. Damn it went to order them and they don't have my size, will have to check back soon!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 08:58:17 PM by vegan*shawn »

dillanharp

« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2013, 01:49:32 PM »
My local shop has a ton of Lakai stuff, so I went to go pick up the Howards. XLK's are still so fucking narrow I can't fuck with them. I don't even have a super wide foot. Be it Manchester XLK's from the old China plant or The new Howards or Guys from Korea. Got Marc's instead. Vulc Lakais are sooooo much wider, the shop owner and I went through and checked them all haha.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #160 on: April 06, 2013, 05:46:03 PM »
Anybody skate the griffins?

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #161 on: April 06, 2013, 05:47:48 PM »
My local shop has a ton of Lakai stuff, so I went to go pick up the Howards. XLK's are still so fucking narrow I can't fuck with them. I don't even have a super wide foot. Be it Manchester XLK's from the old China plant or The new Howards or Guys from Korea. Got Marc's instead. Vulc Lakais are sooooo much wider, the shop owner and I went through and checked them all haha.

thats weird. i have a pretty wide foot and xlks have never bothered me. janoskis in comparision have always been narrow for me

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2013, 02:17:05 PM »
guy's new shoe looks sick in this pic. on the inside part of the foot there seems to be a dark blue patch, was this there the whole time or is it a G6 inspired vent pannel?

Tony

• Rep: 7
    • Sleep Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2013, 04:16:08 PM »
I got wide feet and all I can skate is Lakai's XLK shoes.
Only shoes that don't hurt my feet.

NegativeCreep

« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2013, 09:16:01 PM »

I want these, should I go same size as blazers? They are available in more sizes on the lakai site and zappos.

dillanharp

« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2013, 10:07:04 PM »
I don't know, I couldn't even get the howard's on my foot.

Randozzi

« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2013, 10:20:21 PM »
that's the upper. the XLK Pico is pretty damn good and snug without being too tight.

brokenheadphone

• Rep: -3
« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2013, 10:34:15 AM »

I've not seen the Howards in my local shops yet. I was kind of interested in them (especially the rumored mid/desert boot version) but this doesn't sound good. My feet are wide in the forefoot and narrow toward the heel, so shoes that are too narrow overall usually hurt my feet. I do have a pair of the Marcs (wearing right now) and they're great as chill shoes. I can't really skate them though because the vulc soles are so thin they hurt my feet just skating flatground. This is even with FP insoles. They are okay on a mini-ramp but not ideal. I wish Lakai would do the Marc with a decent cupsole, but not a super narrow one.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
The Guy XLK's weren't narrow. Hopefully the next Guy shoe won't be narrow, either.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
I had a pair of those MJ Echelons which are xlk cupsoles and the sole was rock hard. I wore them to work for a day or two and my feet were killing, didn't even try skating in them.
I wonder if it is because of the stitching?

S.E.

« Reply #170 on: April 09, 2013, 10:05:19 AM »
Expand Quote
I had a pair of those MJ Echelons which are xlk cupsoles and the sole was rock hard. I wore them to work for a day or two and my feet were killing, didn't even try skating in them.
[close]
I wonder if it is because of the stitching?

I skated a pair of the MJ echelons and the sole didn't feel that bad, but I did get a hole under my big toe.  Like through the sole, rubber and all.  Which hasn't happened since I was 12. 

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #171 on: April 09, 2013, 10:01:44 PM »
Waiting on a Sacramento FTC to get back to me weather or not they can get the Indio's in.

HASHTAG

• Rep: -18
« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2013, 05:26:41 PM »
Anybody skate the griffins?

Yeah, they're really comfortable! Skating them right now, had em for about 3 weeks, ripped some stitching the first day, although it hasn't gone through to make a hole yet. Maybe som super-suede...

Feels good, but keep in mind it's a new thicker vulc sole from Lakai, that the team brought together
#HASHTAG

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2013, 10:58:34 AM »
So FTC couldn't get the Indio's in. So instead I got these Carroll 5's

On sale for 39.00 bucks, I don't like supporting zumiez, but I needed shoes bad and I happened to be by their outlet store for work related business. Will try and get the Indio's when they come out with more next quarter.

ZEBRA

« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2013, 05:36:08 PM »
So FTC couldn't get the Indio's in. So instead I got these Carroll 5's

On sale for 39.00 bucks, I don't like supporting zumiez, but I needed shoes bad and I happened to be by their outlet store for work related business. Will try and get the Indio's when they come out with more next quarter.

Don't FTC got these?? I thought they did... But that was awhile back I saw them there.

Love FTC Sac. Dudes are always hella cool when I go in there. It just sucks that they basically only carry Nike, Adidas, and Cons. With a couple pairs of vulc Lakai's. Not their fault though I guess. Gotta do what you gotta do to stay in business.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2013, 09:21:00 PM »
As far as I know the the blue and red canvas Carroll 5's where Zumiez exclusive, I could be wrong as I don't normally buy from them. FTC Sac is rad, but I do wish they had more skater owned brands, but they got to do what they can to stay around.

ZEBRA

« Reply #176 on: April 22, 2013, 10:03:02 PM »
As far as I know the the blue and red canvas Carroll 5's where Zumiez exclusive, I could be wrong as I don't normally buy from them. FTC Sac is rad, but I do wish they had more skater owned brands, but they got to do what they can to stay around.

I was just talking about the shoe in general. Not the colorway.

You came up though on the price you paid.

Chomp on this.

• Rep: -1
  • I'm new here.
« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2013, 01:27:55 AM »
I'm on my second pair of the Marc mid top, and it's seriously one of the best shoes I've had in a long time.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2013, 05:19:19 AM »
I'm on my second pair of the Marc mid top, and it's seriously one of the best shoes I've had in a long time.

Would you mind posting a pic of your foot wearing them? I've been wanting to cop a pair for a while but I hate when shoes are between lows and mids where the shoe ends right underneath the ankle bump.. It always fucks with my ankle and give bad blisters, like the arto mids.

StFlour

« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2013, 06:15:50 AM »
Has anyone tried the new Vista's? Might get a Black and Red pair off their site for only 62$