Author Topic: The Lakai Pledge  (Read 126518 times)

Owen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: The Lakai Pledge
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2012, 04:37:42 PM »
Expand Quote
picked up a pair of these last week, only had a couple sessions in them because it's been raining a shitload but so far they feel awesome.
[close]

Mariano's, right?? They look nice.
Yeah, they're really comfortable and they skate awesome

SOFT 7

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2012, 11:31:59 AM »
always liked Lakai but I wish they would get rid of the big 'flare' on the side.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2012, 07:59:34 PM »
always liked Lakai but I wish they would get rid of the big 'flare' on the side.

around half their models dont have a big flare. the shoe on this page doesnt even have a flare

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2012, 08:23:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

around half their models dont have a big flare. the shoe on this page doesnt even have a flare
[close]

Have you skated those Rick PS shoes you posted?
I don't know but this might help:
http://www.rippedlaces.com/2012/11/first-glance-lakai-howard/

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2012, 08:49:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Have you skated those Rick PS shoes you posted?

yeah. ive been skating them for awhile and im so hyped on them. the quality is amazing

Coconut Lotion

« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2012, 04:05:55 PM »
just picked up the black marcs with 60% off, cant wait to skate them. if theyre good i'll buy the red ones, if i can find them in the uk

HASHTAG

• Rep: -18
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2012, 03:45:41 AM »
Everyone should give the Lakai Carlo's a try, they are really comfy and don't rip too fast in my opinion. There's a lot of stitches around the toe but they don't rip fast.

Had mine for almost 2 months, and trust me it's not like I don't skate hard or anything.
#HASHTAG

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2012, 01:27:14 PM »

Damn I want a pair of these really bad! Anyone have them before? How do they skate?

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2012, 01:41:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Damn I want a pair of these really bad! Anyone have them before? How do they skate?

I have two pairs of them. Havent skated them yet, but damn, they feel good. XLK shit is amazing, and the shoe feels solid. Definitely hyped, buy them if you can.

Randozzi

« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2012, 09:21:52 PM »
i had a pair, very nice. a little low for my liking but they skated great.
a little super glue on the stitching and it's all good.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2012, 09:27:55 PM »

i felt the need to share my love for the pico xlk. just a simple, well done shoe. it feels exactly how a skateshoe should feel

Randozzi

« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »
good to hear, got a pair on deck right now.

b.v.

« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2012, 09:57:21 PM »
Just got a pair of the Marc in black suede, they fit so well, seem like a much better made sturdy shoe than past lakai's.
Anyone who had a bad experience with them in the past should re visit the new shoes.

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2013, 01:22:20 AM »

i felt the need to share my love for the pico xlk. just a simple, well done shoe. it feels exactly how a skateshoe should feel

those are beautiful. I haven't had lakai's in nearly three years. maybe it's time to give these a go!

does anyone have any specific recommendations? I had the Mike Mo's when they first came out, but I haven't had anything from Lakai since. Needless to say, I was impressed with their XLK soles.

Between the Pico XLK, the Linden, and the new Rick Howard shoe... (and more suggestions) any ideas?

Coconut Lotion

« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2013, 06:55:06 AM »
Just got a pair of the Marc in black suede, they fit so well, seem like a much better made sturdy shoe than past lakai's.
Anyone who had a bad experience with them in the past should re visit the new shoes.

i put the circle laces in mine and they look so fuckin tight. cant wait to skate in them. & i agree, lakai have stepped their shit up

SpudFaceKillah

• Rep: -5
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »
Just bought a pair of the newish Mariano's (Just a black white colorway) they feel pretty good atm but yet to have skated them as Im sticking with my current fully fucked shoes till i buy a new deck but am looking forward to skating them.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2013, 06:34:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

those are beautiful. I haven't had lakai's in nearly three years. maybe it's time to give these a go!

does anyone have any specific recommendations? I had the Mike Mo's when they first came out, but I haven't had anything from Lakai since. Needless to say, I was impressed with their XLK soles.

Between the Pico XLK, the Linden, and the new Rick Howard shoe... (and more suggestions) any ideas?

i think you'd like all of them, but ill try to break down what differences i can, seeing that ive skated all three.

pico xlk- simplest of the three and my current favorite; thin yet puffy tongue

new rick shoe- most solid feeling of the three; most technical features; smallest tongue of the three

linden- my least favorite of the three because of the design of the upper, but still a great shoe (guy's current favorite)

overall they all feel similar. xlk is the best. i know i didnt give too much insight, but im happy to answer any questions
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:57:13 PM by chillout »

ZEBRA

« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2013, 01:02:22 AM »

How do you like those FootPrint socks??

Have you taken a board to the shin or ankles?? Did you feel it?? Did it help??

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2013, 07:12:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i like them, and have taken a few boards to the shins. you still feel it but theres not really any pain. they take away probably 75% of the impact and give an all around more secure feel to your lower leg

StFlour

« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2013, 07:39:36 PM »
Like many people have said, just get the Marc or the Pico XLK if you're going to get Lakai's.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2013, 09:18:56 PM »

StFlour

« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2013, 09:22:22 PM »

Kinda ugly to me. Sure they skate well though.

ZEBRA

« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2013, 09:33:06 PM »

Need to see some better colorways, but they look tight.

A leather pair would be sick.

Olabade

• Rep: -46
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2013, 09:53:40 AM »

Ive skated these for a while. Great board feel and all and all good shoe. It took me longer than normal to break them in.

HASHTAG

• Rep: -18
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2013, 02:17:20 PM »
So I just got the Lakai Fall 2013 catalogue.

Everything looks so sick it's amazing, they've got that Baker Colab on the Griffin shoe, Diamond Supply Colab on the Telford, New Vincent Alvarez promodel, Some Trunk Boyz colorways and a "The Quiet Life Pack" that looks really sick.

All the new apparel looks really sick to. Tee's, Hoodies, a LOT of 5-panels.
#HASHTAG

ZEBRA

« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2013, 05:03:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i like them, and have taken a few boards to the shins. you still feel it but theres not really any pain. they take away probably 75% of the impact and give an all around more secure feel to your lower leg

Thanks for the review. It's appreciated. I was already gonna get a pair, but now it's a must. Gotta try these out.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2013, 05:18:32 PM »

i skate this one right now, perfect for wide feet. it holds up much better than the etnies i skated before. good factory, good quality.

ZEBRA

« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2013, 05:25:47 PM »

i skate this one right now, perfect for wide feet. it holds up much better than the etnies i skated before. good factory, good quality.

What's up my wide footed brethren!!!

Love the colorway. Are those from the new factory??

A.J.K.

« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2013, 05:31:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What's up my wide footed brethren!!!

Love the colorway. Are those from the new factory??
Lakai switched factories close to a year ago now, chances are that they come from the new factory.