Author Topic: Clyde vs Henry - Facebook  (Read 30520 times)

Hatechild

Clyde vs Henry - Facebook
« on: October 26, 2012, 01:56:19 PM »
Was flipping through Facebook and found a nice forum. The Henry - Clyde commentary is hilarious.

Clyde Singleton
real talk- considering how much money these companies make annually.. why doesnt skateboarding have funds set aside for kids to go to college..? from personal experience, we all get literally pennies on the dollar.. we're taught no kind of money-management, given any 401ks and when you're no longer deemed "useful", you're just whisked back into society.. luckily, i got into multi-media 15yrs ago, or I can honestly say I'd be in a really tight situation.. as for these other cats.. i really feel bad for them.. how you go from going in a warehouse and grabbing products, to stacking products in that same warehouse packing boxes for another man..? these kids out here are literally putting their life on the line, for a 1:20 video clip, and dont even got insurance.. then, when they do get hurt.. whos gonna take care of that bill..? when they can no longer skateboard, what skills do they have to be in the real world.. bet they didnt discuss this at that big skateboard industry meeting.. i mean, hey.. why would they..?

Abel Melkonian Amen CLYDE....
7 hours ago ? Like ? 2
Marcelo Gagliano I'm starting to think that having you on facebook is one of the best slices of reality every day... thanks Clyzza! Pure inspiration off the skateboard too!
7 hours ago ? Like ? 2
Robert Buk Days yo clizzy.... you mind if i repost this on my skate co. wall. this is some gee stuff and i stay telling my team members about...?
7 hours ago via mobile ? Like ? 1
Fredd Hampton Thats true but the skateboard industry is full of dudes with no degrees or health care don't you think they would cover there own ass before some fuckin am or flow kid
7 hours ago ? Like ? 2
John Junior Skateboardings raw
7 hours ago via mobile ? Like
Vincent Brown harsh reality here...
7 hours ago ? Like
Clyde Singleton Robert Buk Days.. have at it.. im acually gonna be writing a editorial on this moving forward..
7 hours ago ? Like ? 5
Danhatcher Graffitiskatezone We've been preaching your point for a while Clyde! We are working on something right now that might offer young skaters some opportunity to go to school with paid scholarships. More details coming soon!
7 hours ago ? Like ? 6
Andre Prozorov so true, it seems the money is always in the wrong hands.
7 hours ago ? Like ? 1
Benjamin Frederik Elkj?r this is a concern. perhaps if there where some education on the side and a future after skateboarding for pros then we would see less ex-pros in jail or on drugs
7 hours ago ? Like ? 5
Sean Shumard Serious Talk.. You should become an advocate for these new kids.. A non pressure adviser.. Someone who can help them think about what to do with what they are being given without too much pressure that you make the labels scared of what the knowledge you are giving them.. Pass your info along.. Start a non profit! You know you could get other ex riders to help you out.. You should seriously consider this.. These are real scarey things that you are not thinking about when you are signing dotted lines.
7 hours ago ? Like ? 5
Dave Glenn ask frankie hill...
7 hours ago ? Like ? 2
Damion Hayes Do you think the riders will ever organize a union?
7 hours ago ? Like
Nick Whitmire alot of the cash in skatebording ends up being recycled. companies put on big events for the public, and fact is, if people want benefits, and so on, they should have kept skating a hobby and gotten a `real` job. I don`t want to sound like a dick, but along with the endless freedom and perks of being a career skateboarder, there is the high-risk=high-reward factor. it`s definitely an industry, it`s not what kids grow up thinking of it as.
7 hours ago via mobile ? Like
Donny Diederich Skateboard union !
Richard Kirby I'd get into this with you, but I gotta run. Don't want to be late for my part time cashier position at SAMs club...

Steve Berra proposed a skaters union back in 97?? Jamie Thomas and Bob gnar shut it down hard...
7 hours ago via mobile ? Like ? 4
Donny Diederich Welp the game of SKATE is a lot different now. Someone could come up with a good plan for those who give there life away for what they love and have something to fall back on a lil cushion atleast so they don't turn to crime etc !
Vicario Cannon-Watts so glad im not the only one whos thinkin this way.. my thoughts were more in the direction of a skate comp. for a scholarship. instead of a cash prize, they pay X-thousand dollars to the school of the winners choice.
Clyde Singleton Richard Kirby.. cats can clown Chris Gentry all they want.. but, he also did a skateboarding union for the X-games dudes.. ill have to do some more research before talking about it in full perspective, but i think it was called "PRO".. anyways.. that seemed to go under the radar.. never knew Berra tried one.. interesting.. hes a really smart guy, too.. in closing.. whats that dude talm bout skateboarding "recycles money" into events..? him not know what he speaketh of.. whatsoever.. ill let that slide..
7 hours ago ? Like ? 5
Clyde Singleton Vicario Cannon-Watts.. thats an excellent idea.. you would think Woodward would have something set-up like that..
7 hours ago ? Like
Donny Diederich Berra rules he's my friend he used to sneak on the Boys Town campus to sk8 with me. His Mother makes good chicken to.
7 hours ago via mobile ? Like ? 2
Clyde Singleton Sean Shumard.. i was actually brainstorming this this morning.. im gonna try to throw something together.. possibly, a contest or a series of them at least..
7 hours ago ? Like ? 4
Richard Kirby I'd be down to be a part of helping out even its it only through the voice of experience.
6 hours ago via mobile ? Like ? 1
Heidi Lemmon I was on the board of the Partrick Kerr Scholarship Board for years. It was an awesome program for college kids who helped get skateparks and skated. It was thriving and IASC stepped in and took it over. Check with IASC and see how they have grown it.. or if they have..
6 hours ago ? Like ? 2
Heidi Lemmon @ Chris Gentry founded the Pro Riders union for X Games.. he was also banned from pro contests for speaking out about some issues with judging.
6 hours ago ? Like
Mark K Faust We put on a sk8 jam in Cherokee! Two guys Jared Lee AND Myself,and he paid out of pocket. I put money and product into this and this was one of the best things ever! I met alot of cool people that day Clyde Singleton. Alot of other people came together and kicked ass to pull this off! What a great day that was. Skaters need a strong voice and people like u Clyde!!
6 hours ago ? Like ? 1
Dassie Theodore thats why I have been in school and attempting to film a sick part low key with the local shops and OGs that give me product. Skateboarding seems to breed ignorance no matter the age, ethnicity, or demographic
6 hours ago via mobile ? Edited ? Like ? 1
Dassie Theodore I wont evan support these companies...Flow kids now a daze think they are cool based on tricks,...its pathetic. I have seen cloose homies waste time and money on filming with no back up plan to supportt thier skating. or life and have long lasting skateboarding careers or just be able to skate.
6 hours ago via mobile ? Like
Dassie Theodore allot of these fools are not evan educated enough to realize you have stay in good shape and take care of thier bodies....I feel sorry for homies like that.
6 hours ago via mobile ? Like ? 1
Billy Valdes TRUE THAT!.....I was saying this back in the menace days & every one thought I was buggin. I remember going down to the wharehouse & thinking how some of those dude made tons of dough just laying out ads w/ pics of us.....like JT that dude got paid out the wahzoo!
6 hours ago ? Like ? 3
Chris P You're making too much sense Clyde. That's why they won't do it.
6 hours ago via mobile ? Like ? 2
Clyde Singleton Billy Valdes.. i always found it awkward that the people who work in the office had insurance, but we were never offered it.. my credit sky high from all them doctors bills.. lmaaaoooooo..
6 hours ago ? Like ? 4
Billy Valdes Not for nothing...I love J.T that dude was super cool. But I remember him getting raises for not quitting. JT rules!
6 hours ago ? Like
Dassie Theodore the skateboarding industry is like a game of monopoly.the skaters are just the board game pieces. thats why i have been going to school.my streetdreams died when I was in grom contest....
6 hours ago via mobile ? Like
Billy Valdes check this. on menace it was like 1 pro at a time..so you would have to wait like a year or something after the next "pro" would get insurance....so basically I had a 3 year waiting plan that at the end never went down because they cancelled all that.
6 hours ago ? Like
James Ryan Skateboarding doesnt owe anyone shit. what ive noticed as soon as u stop worrying about money the lord will bless ur pocket.
5 hours ago via mobile ? Like ? 1
James Ryan Take away all the corporate money and sponsors lets see how many of us are left. That would be interesting.
5 hours ago via mobile ? Like ? 2
Danelle Florio Kournianos You guys are products to them. If they considered you pro athletes behind closed doors like say an MLB player, you guys would have too much control over their bottom line. I'm willing to bet they don't even pay you guys as employees, just a 1099 so they save money on workers comp- am I right? Why don't YOU Clyde start some sort of union? Bring it all to light. I think that would be awesome. Give kids access to resources at least that they don't think about or have guidance on.
5 hours ago via mobile ? Like ? 5
Brad Cantrell Good point. I've pondered the same since I was a wee lad and it' s among the most significant reasons I left my sponsors. I was actually told to choose between the contests and college by a few of them. There's a growing trend in which this is no longer the case, though..
Lots of pro and pro-am skaters are in college and their sponsorships are accommodating that however possible, but it's no secret that the skate industry's monetary flow is shifting dramatically the past few years and most brands are just trying to stay in business.
The skateboarders that skate will keep doing it regardless.. but we need a more sustainable, homegrown infrastructure abroad.
Actually a lot of people, myself included, have been discussing just these issues both nationally and locally for some time - but now more than ever. There are some great programs and business models already implementing these ideas and I hear that some of them are coming here to good 'ol Jacksonville, FL..
5 hours ago ? Like ? 1
Andy Stone Post skateboarding I worked full time and put myself through engineering school. My employer reimbursed me for ~70% of my classes for good grades and I'm STILL paying off the rest. I know the loot wasn't there back then, but considering the profits these companies are making, they should plan ahead for the afterlife of these athletes.
5 hours ago ? Like ? 4
Henry Sanchez who cares. it should serve as a wake up call to reality. maybe we should set up the pamper an old broke skater fund
5 hours ago ? Like
Clyde Singleton Danelle Florio Kournianos.. You are absolutely correct..
5 hours ago via mobile ? Like ? 1
Kanten Russell @danelle you are right on the money. They don't have skaters as employers and discourage any kind of organization or unions for that reason. The skaters would have too much control. Which is why so many skaters have had to start their own companies.
4 hours ago ? Like ? 3
Clyde Singleton Henry Sanchez.., clearly your bum ass cares, or you wouldn't be in yet another one of my threads begging for attention.. ironically enough, I can pull up the thread from a few weeks ago where you were dapping me cause I spoke on this and you went through something similar where the sponsors didn't pay for your knee and dropped you.. don't bother responding..
4 hours ago via mobile ? Edited ? Like ? 1
Ronnie Bertino A little off topic but a positive in my eyes. At dew tour the sponsors have tents and Paul mitchell had a booth where they were giving haircuts for a $15 donation which 100%^ went to a skaters fund that is there in case the dudes get seriously hurt, basically insurance for the skaters as we really never had it and still don't. I thought it was a good cause and got myself a haircut. A union would be good and yes, Chris gentry has a group called pro riders and he was really and is really trying to do something good with it for the benefit of the skaters. Chris Gentry is a cool motherfucker and we are all goofy in our own way, i would hang with chris before alot of these other so called "cool guy" pro skaters
4 hours ago ? Like ? 1
Henry Sanchez Clyde, what are you complaining about? Did you even skate? Sounds like you just wanted to be sponsored, never skate, and have all these plush bonuses for literally doing nothing. Sounds like welfare.
4 hours ago ? Like
Clyde Singleton bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhaaah.. this dudes FUUUUUUUURIOUS.. look at Henry, yall..
4 hours ago ? Like ? 1
Clyde Singleton Ronnie Bertino.. that sounds dope.. Gentry is the man.. always has been.. i wanna get with him, and ask him how he got things started with his union.. was talking about this yesterday with Neiratko, and it just had me thinking.. ill keep you posted, and if you know any leads- please, push them my way.. hope alls well, my man..
4 hours ago ? Like ? 2
Kanten Russell All of us street skaters are homies in the game and came from pretty much nothing and if we were lucky enough to turn pro and make money that was a big deal back in the day. But I can understand the frustration when you start seeing that all the dedication you put in might not result in getting taken care of financially as much as even the people in charge of shipping the product with your name on it and your image is what is making the company money in the first place. I get it from all sides...no reason to hate. The game is the game and we all know how it's played.
4 hours ago ? Like ? 2
Clyde Singleton whos hating..? this is common stuff.. i believe all workers should have some form of union..
4 hours ago ? Like
Henry Sanchez yeah, cause you just can't replace a janitor.
4 hours ago ? Like
Jay Blevins poor henry. lol
4 hours ago ? Like ? 1
Kanten Russell I'm saying no reason to hate between ourselves because we have all been pawns in the game. I respect everyone on this thread because we did something we love to do in our own individual way. Thanks for posting this Clyde...and Henry my favorite video part is still Tim and Henry's pack of lies.
4 hours ago ? Like ? 5
Henry Sanchez why and the hell would a company want to hire unionized janitors when you can take any bum off the street and have him up and running in minutes? Does it make sense from a company standpoint?
4 hours ago ? Like
Shawn Owens Hitting it right on the head!
4 hours ago ? Like ? 1
Dassie Theodore From what I remember his adds were dope....
4 hours ago ? Like
Clyde Singleton Kanten Russell.. true.. good open discussion.. well.. most of it.. anyways.. thanks for your input, and hope alls well with you my man..
4 hours ago ? Like ? 1
Kanten Russell @Henry from a company standpoint you are right. For the 'Janitor' it sucks Haha!
4 hours ago ? Like ? 1
Clyde Singleton Kanten Russell.. please.. dont feed the trolls..
4 hours ago ? Like
Dillon Santos Shout out to Clyde Singleton for keepin' it real.
4 hours ago via mobile ? Like
Linkin Lurk can help you (set up a non-profit) if you need --but, only if its 100% volunteer
4 hours ago ? Like ? 1
Clyde Singleton why would anyone want to make money off something like that..? im down, tho..
4 hours ago ? Like ? 1
Tony Manfre Trolls!!!!!
4 hours ago ? Like
Henry Sanchez In the end, a skater's union won't yield Clyde anymore undeserved checks.
4 hours ago ? Like
Seth Cloninger A very interesting standpoint. Another side to this, is some kids skate and get broke for less than that.i will never understand why we would do this to ourselves, it is a love for skateboarding that is a bond between the mind and body, and reality within the self, that self achievement is the greatest reward. Getting hurt is just a part of life.
4 hours ago via mobile ? Like
Aj Mazzu Sounds like some ol Powell scheme..."jump down this, an will give you this"...and yoooo @Henry sanchez...you were such a key element in skateboarding, big ups...but yo what's your deal?
4 hours ago ? Like ? 1
Henry Sanchez a skater's union isn't something I'm against. Anything that requires skill is something that can be used to gain leverage thru unions. I just don't think jobs that don't require skill needs to be unionized. I'm all for it for skaters, just funny to hear the laziest pro ever talk about it.
4 hours ago ? Like ? 1
Clyde Singleton Aj Mazzu.. hes a sad bitter old man.. i think the reality of knowing he'll be more remembered for following me around Facebook, than skateboarding is really taking a toll on the poor fella..
4 hours ago ? Like ? 2
Clyde Singleton im "lazy", but i had a career twice as long as yours..? ok.. we get it.. you're upset.. go feed ya lil dirty ass kid..
3 hours ago ? Like
Derrick Paris Straight up
3 hours ago via mobile ? Like
Henry Sanchez Yeah CLyde, you killed it-lol
3 hours ago ? Like
Aj Mazzu YOOO!! hol up now hahahaha! dam Henry jus stop...I'm sayin we (meaning skateboarding) respects you don't ruin that....please I beg you
3 hours ago ? Like ? 1
Brandon Hiner preach!
3 hours ago ? Like
Clyde Singleton I'm talking the time you wanted to ride for the same company as I, and I said no cause you are a known lame who no one wanted in their team.. I'm in class.. I don't have time to go back & forth with you.. You're seriously, just a negative loser.. I feel bad for people like you.. I'm being dead ass serious..
3 hours ago via mobile ? Like ? 2
Brandon Hiner i love it. this is the type of issues that need to be brought.... F@$K EM keep em coming Clyde!!
3 hours ago ? Like ? 1
Henry Sanchez Clyde, when I got on Blind Jason Lee didn't want me on but so what? Mark G wanted me on. In this case the worst skater on the team, Clyde Singleton, didn't want me on the team, but Rob Welsh(the best skater on the team) wanted me on. When the best guy wants me on and the worst guy doesn't, it sounds like some hating to me.
3 hours ago ? Like ? 2
Eric Machuca Don't know if you do, but I remember having this conversation with you on my patio about 20 yrs ago right before you left to Cali.....But your right bro. All that money these companies are making they should be forced to start taking responsibility in those situations....

Hatechild

Re: Clyde vs Henry - Facebook
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 01:57:44 PM »
Continued

Eric Machuca Don't know if you do, but I remember having this conversation with you on my patio about 20 yrs ago right before you left to Cali.....But your right bro. All that money these companies are making they should be forced to start taking responsibility in those situations....
2 hours ago via mobile ? Like ? 1
Clyde Singleton "hating".. how im a "hater" when i opened up my house, and arms to numerous people over the years through skateboarding..? you got me clearly- fukked up.. heres the truth: you were kicked off Blind, because you had a terrible attitude.. you ran up in World throwing a fit, throwing computers around and threatening people.. after that, you were a known cancer to skateboarding.. no one wanted to sign you.. no one.. so, you tried coming to Aesthetics.. i took into consideration you had a pissy attitude.. no one else wanted you.. so, what good were you to us..? we could've picked up anybody with a attitude, or past like yours.. but, why..? why would anyone..? im sure that was a common thought among skateboarding in general, and thats why your career went the way it did.. you can blame anyone but yourself.. thats fine.. but you know why no one wanted you on their team.. dont play the "man.. they was hating" victim role.. thats pathetic.. even more pathetic- now, you're just viewed as "some dude who follows Clyde around on Facebook".. i know.. life must be rough.. but, hey.. you made your bed.. lay in it.. and, when you do lay in it.. the nightmares of your reality kick in.. as i said- i feel bad for dudes like you.. actually.. no i dont.. i hope you spend the rest of your life being miserable.. solely based on the fact you got to lie, to make your life & stories believable.. this is my last time responding to you.. ill be in Cali in a few months.. you got something to say to me, address me to my face like a man.. i dont Facebook beef.. whatsoever.. and, i really dont have time to be directing any more attention to you..
2 hours ago ? Like
Henry Sanchez Clyde, once again, you bring up a time in skateboarding when you weren't doing anything but picking up a check. Just look at the footage...the proof is in the pudding. You did nothing and now you're talking, but that talk means nothing coming from such a lazy pile as yourself.
2 hours ago ? Like
Henry Sanchez I live in Sac. Come out here and say what you said about daughter to my face, you worthless piece of shit.
2 hours ago ? Like
Chris P I don't understand how giving someone who works for you insurance would be consider "welfare". That's just fair. I would have never bought some companies' products if I didn't like the skaters who rode for them. Of course, the pro kooks I hated are the reason why I didn't buy certain products too. The skater is a very important part of marketing for skate companies. So I think they EARNED insurance. And this personal shit is getting mad awkward, man.
2 hours ago via mobile ? Like ? 2
Henry Sanchez Clyde, you're the last person that should talk about skating in that period due to the fact you did nothing. Show us one thing you did? You're all talk and that's why you're desperately on some clown shit trying to hang onto the industry for dear life. Homie went to the big brother comedy school but didn't graduate.
2 hours ago ? Like
Joshua Friedberg Believe it or not, the insurance issue is something that the board at IASC has been thinking about for a long time. The problem has always been that most riders are 1099 employees and legally you can't provide health benefits to independent contractors.

About a year ago IASC began negotiating with Aflac and we were recently approved to begin offering Accident Insurance to our members. Now companies can provide real benefits to their riders for less than $400/yr. We're also creating an individual membership category to make the coverage available to any rider.

It's not "health insurance" but it's a step in the right direction towards solving a real problem in our industry. Full details will begin rolling out next month.

Hit me up before you finish that article.
2 hours ago via mobile ? Like ? 2
Clyde Singleton @Chris P.. nothing personal.. I'm stating known facts.. If it wasn't true, you think anyone with common sense would be going that crazy.. look at this dude.. his soul is burning right now.. I won't address him again.. In closing, I agree with your statement..
2 hours ago via mobile ? Like ? 1
SeaGoat Sanchez In the end Industry or not you'd still be doin it... :)
2 hours ago ? Like
Clyde Singleton Joshua Friedberg.. Will do.. Can you email me your info..? I think I'm on your mailing list for IASC.. would like to interview you if possible.. Hope alls well..
about an hour ago via mobile ? Like
Chris P It wasn't directed at you, Clyde. That dude use to be one of my favorite pros. It's disappointing cause dude is a grown man talking about "come out to where he lives and say it to his face" on Facebook. 15 year old kids do things like that, man ... You're grown with a kid. Sometimes I wish some pros would just stay in the videos. Stop kookin it up Henry and e-mail him a personal message. This shit is goofy.
about an hour ago via mobile ? Like ? 1
Tod Swank Clyde Singleton Yea I know what you mean. I have always tried to help our guys plan and really take advantage of being a pro skateboarder. Earn some money, save, travel and have fun. And start thinking about things you maybe interested in to transition to. But it's hard too sometimes the riders are just in the moment and are not really interested in hearing it all. Regarding health insurance for riders. A long time ago we offered health insurance for our guys. It's a independent insurance plan. Tum Yeto pays a % just like we do for our employees. Been doing that since the 90's.
about an hour ago ? Like ? 2
Tod Swank Clyde Singleton Hope all is well. Keep on rolling.
about an hour ago ? Like ? 1
Joshua Friedberg Done, thanks Clyde
about an hour ago via mobile ? Like
Bryan London Amen to that and come on..... Henry you killed it and Clyde you killed it as well. I looked up to both of you coming up. I think regardless of your attitudes and who didn't like who, you both made a big impact in the industry. All I saw was good skateb...See More
55 minutes ago via mobile ? Like ? 1
Peter Bici Yo Clyde! I hear you 100%! Not only what you said, but there should be a class or workshop that skaters can go to and find out information about "life after skateboarding" where you can learn new job skills and help guide them into a different field of...See More
49 minutes ago via mobile ? Like ? 3
Clyde Singleton Tod Swank.. you run a very respectable company.. one of the few people who do.. i think its great to know what you're doing for those guys, and its good you at least talk to youer riders about these kind of things.. this wasnt directed at anyone.. it w...See More
14 minutes ago ? Like
Clyde Singleton Peter Bici.. it is a rough one.. alot of us are really lucky to be able to make a transition into other things.. it took me minute.. some aren't so lucky.. it was a idea i just randomly thought about, and like i said a minute ago- wanted open some dialogue on it.. nothing wrong with that.. hope alls well with you my man, and be easy.. peace..
10 minutes ago ? Like

ahl33

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 02:05:41 PM »
they're both pretty irrelevant

blankbutbranded

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 137
  • Scut Farkus homebwaye
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 02:14:15 PM »
I believe Henry is the attacker here.

Clyde was only giving an idea on something that is link to a reality.

Keep it neutral and light.

Shame that people shift to personals statements so quick.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 02:31:32 PM »
Sanchez is salty as fuck.

I can't rock with that dude anymore

Certified lame.

JUSTICE BEAVER

• Rep: 6
  • yes
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 02:35:08 PM »
SCREENSHOT MOTHERFUCKER! CAN YOU USE IT?
Keenan Forever

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 02:45:17 PM »
this is something that has been an issue in skateboarding for a long time.  but i don't think any one company wants to be the one who sets the precedent for setting up insurance and 401k plans for their riders.  and would this just be for pros?  what about ams that get paid?  i know plenty of people that have jobs that don't provide them with any kind of money managing skills, or insurance or a 401k.  somewhere along the line, we need to be responsible for our own affairs. 

I agree that people are risking their personal health to benefit these brands, and there's DEFINITELY something to be said for that, and the arguent that they should be provided health care. 

BUT, then I also think about it from the standpoint of which sponsor is the one who should be responsible for it?!?  Is it the board company?  Shoe company?  Energy drink company?  Clothing company? 

I'm not against this in any way.  I just think it's a tough precedent to set...

As far as a union goes, you're getting into some heavy shit....what happens when there's no skateboarding, because there's a lockout like the NHL?  You may laugh, but the possibility exists, as you have a union head who is negotiating with the companies, on the best deal for anyone involved in the union, no matter what company they skate for.  And you think companies like Traffic can afford to pay people on the same system as say, Birdhouse, for example?!?!  It's not a level playing field...

"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

FUSE

• Rep: -20
    • Beats avatar image
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 03:26:21 PM »
Look, I lean to the left and if the revolution popped off I would be one blood-thirsty commie bastard, but in this capitalist framework that we currently live in, a union for skateboarders is fucking ridiculous.  And if your job doesn't offer health insurance, then find a job that does or don't complain.  It sounds like there was some beef between Clyde and Henry before this thread, but Clyde fucked up by bringing Henry's kid into it.

I was also surprised that Andy Stone's employer paid 70% of his Engineering School!?!  Lucky fucker.

shone237

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 03:54:17 PM »
you know how those NFL players are suing the NFL cause it's some huge surprise to them that they have head trauma. When they were paid to smash heads together and call it a career. This argument is just as dumb. You can't blame anyone but yourself for being shortsighted.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 04:31:39 PM »
Sponsored skaters being treated as a 1099 contractor is pretty crazy.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-1099-contractor.htm#

That's gotta suck.

era

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 04:37:49 PM »
If you were a successful pro that blew all their money and got fucked thats YOUR fault.  If your a pro who's living pay check to pay check because you chose to continue with the path of being a PRO skateboarder that is also YOUR fault.  Saving money isn't fucking rocket science.  Skateboarding doesn't owe pros anything.  I only read the first blurb so please correct me if these guys agree. The ONE part I do agree with is pro skateboarders should have insurance.

Vibes of skating rocks

• Rep: -22
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 04:40:31 PM »
Henry has done this a few times to Clyde's Facebook posts. They have a back-and-forth then they end up being homes still...

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 05:08:04 PM »
I didnt know Clyde also writes sentences that you can actually understand.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 05:16:33 PM »
I saw this textual sparring FB earlier today and was correctly predicted it would become a thread topic on Slap.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3327
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 05:41:15 PM »
It makes me uncomfortable when I didnt know Clyde also writes sentences that you can actually understand.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 05:43:56 PM »
Why are people still talking about this dude. for real ? what the fuck has he ever done, all he is now is a washed up sour ass former pro skater who says stupid ass shit like he was the greatest dude in his generation. fuck clyde singleton . everyone should be ashamed for even caring about anything that comes out of his mouth.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 06:03:10 PM »
it is weird as fuck seeing all these semi-obscure (except for Sanchez) Nineties pros have a dialogue via fb comments

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 06:05:15 PM »
i truly think henry is a real scumbag after his debacle of a time on here, but clyde is about 100 times worse. maybe the unbelievable ass kissing riddled through the comments is swayin me, but dude is a straight up idiot. sanchez was also 100 times better and did way more for skating than clyde ever did. someone post that list from earlier this year about the tricks u shouldnt do, cringeworthy at best.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 06:17:13 PM »
I wonder what percentage of sponsored skateboarders even finish high school.  It seems like some of the best skaters are dropouts which does not bode well for a future outside of skateboarding. 

Vibes of skating rocks

• Rep: -22
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 07:17:24 PM »
I wonder what percentage of sponsored skateboarders even finish high school.  It seems like some of the best skaters are dropouts which does not bode well for a future outside of skateboarding. 

I'd put that at the 35-45% range.

joebudden

• Rep: -51
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 07:21:15 PM »
/\ "read like some lost 411 chaos"

use a fooooooooooool for that one ;D LMBOA

why niggas think they get to play skateboard forever?

skating was never meant to be a career, some people just hustled it that way

stevie said in an interview that skating for a living is the deadest of dead end jobs

unless you are an owner, star, or know how to stack your paper your ass gonna be working(or looking for work)  like the rest of us

ex pros act like working is an incurable STD or some shit

clydes passion for unity and the welfare of skaters is cool

magikincgroupies 'get over it and move on with your life' view is real to

but

arent they like 40?  ::)LMBAO

pro skating is some thankless starvin artist shit and people get caught up in some skateboard fantasy and dont  want to leave that bubble

do you wanna be TROY or QUIM, Dyrdek or Crockett, Stevie or Lima, Carroll or York, ISUCK or keegan

clyde had less than 5 mins of footy altogether so sanch kinda has a point

sanch told us he was a drunk violent asshole and goes back and forth between blamin niggas and himself

this is some silly shit

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 07:57:46 PM »
Why are people still talking about this dude. for real ? what the fuck has he ever done, all he is now is a washed up sour ass former pro skater who says stupid ass shit like he was the greatest dude in his generation. fuck clyde singleton . everyone should be ashamed for even caring about anything that comes out of his mouth.
The irony of posts like this always amaze me. The person who cares so much that people care.

RaptorJesus

• Rep: 41
  • raptor jesus died for your homeostasis
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 08:17:27 PM »
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 08:24:27 PM by RaptorJesus »

way2funky

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 10:00:02 PM »
If you were a successful pro that blew all their money and got fucked thats YOUR fault.  If your a pro who's living pay check to pay check because you chose to continue with the path of being a PRO skateboarder that is also YOUR fault.  Saving money isn't fucking rocket science.  Skateboarding doesn't owe pros anything.  I only read the first blurb so please correct me if these guys agree. The ONE part I do agree with is pro skateboarders should have insurance.

I know Dwindle Dist. use to offer insurance for there Pro riders, but that was only after you ride either of there brands for 2 or more years. That was before Globe took over in 2003.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 10:07:19 PM by The Brain »

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 10:35:07 PM »

ha! lucky for me i been seen it on fb....surprised it wasnt a thread sooner haha

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 11:23:47 PM »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 11:27:17 PM »
Why don't dudes buy their own insurance?

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 11:36:05 PM »

Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 11:39:15 PM »

Cuz the majority of sponsored skaters get paid jack shit to start off with?

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2012, 11:58:08 PM »
this is all bullshit, i watched this thing with lizard dude gets 3k a month from skullcandy thats 1 sponser, you're telling me dudes cant afford health insure, i call bullshit.