Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 368840 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #4380 on: June 29, 2022, 08:09:18 PM »
uh not to overreact but Dejounte Murray on the Hox without giving up John Collins or OO = league actually fucked

I'd be pretty psyched to get myself 1 dejounte Murray

I hope we convince ihart to stay, then we'll have a perfect off season

PAWL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4381 on: June 29, 2022, 09:40:55 PM »
maybe we can ditch doc for pop, doesn't seem like he'll stick for a rebuild.
fuckin hawks man. murray's probably better than young tbh. saw him pick apart the sixers live, in a loss of course.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #4382 on: June 30, 2022, 04:41:44 AM »
Guess the Spurs are going all in on the wembanyama sweepstakes… i thought for sure Pops would hang it up tho.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

thebacker

« Reply #4383 on: June 30, 2022, 06:12:20 AM »
thank you james harden for opting out

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4384 on: June 30, 2022, 07:21:38 AM »

Pj Tucker inbound… forever a fan.

thebacker

« Reply #4385 on: June 30, 2022, 11:59:48 AM »
holy SHIT KD Requests trade out of Brooklyn

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4386 on: June 30, 2022, 12:02:48 PM »
holy SHIT KD Requests trade out of Brooklyn

hahahaha

Kyrie really is the poisoned chalice

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4387 on: June 30, 2022, 01:52:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How ecstatic are you feeling about owning five years of unprotected first round nets picks  ;D

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4388 on: June 30, 2022, 02:13:01 PM »
Christmas in July lol Everything’s coming up Milhouse..

rafael stone right now

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4389 on: June 30, 2022, 02:33:17 PM »
Christmas in July lol Everything’s coming up Milhouse..

rafael stone right now

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #4390 on: June 30, 2022, 03:02:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

How ecstatic are you feeling about owning five years of unprotected first round nets picks  ;D

And the Nets blew up a perfectly functioning team to get these loonies on their team.   It’s like they wanted to make the Garnett/Pierce trade look like genius moves

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #4391 on: June 30, 2022, 05:57:45 PM »
KD on Miami sort of make sense. Plus the city suits him more so than Phoenix. So funny to see Brooklyn go through this all. I actually liked the team they had when D-Lo was there. Had no reason to hate them till Kyrie and KD went there.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4392 on: June 30, 2022, 06:31:49 PM »
Turns out putting kd and kyrie together doesn't negate their soft personalities better but makes them far worse. Fuck em both. Absolute clowns

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #4393 on: June 30, 2022, 07:36:30 PM »
Turns out putting kd and kyrie together doesn't negate their soft personalities better but makes them far worse. Fuck em both. Absolute clowns
they

Backing this.  They have to change franchises to be impactful?  Soft!  And if they somehow both land in LA the Lakers will be the most hated team of all time.  I love the player empowerment movement, but hate LeGM.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4394 on: July 01, 2022, 10:28:51 PM »
I have no idea how this kd/kyrie saga will end but I'm loving every minute of it.

Love the schadenfreude of the sixers solidifying while the nets go through a worse version of our last season
existential crisis. Cherry on the top that because they have simmons they can't trade KD for anyone signed to a rookie five year max extension.

ALSO i have no idea what the fuck the twolves are doing but i know it won't work. 4 firsts for gobert! comedy!

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #4395 on: July 02, 2022, 01:02:54 AM »
I have no idea how this kd/kyrie saga will end but I'm loving every minute of it.

Love the schadenfreude of the sixers solidifying while the nets go through a worse version of our last season
existential crisis. Cherry on the top that because they have simmons they can't trade KD for anyone signed to a rookie five year max extension.

ALSO i have no idea what the fuck the twolves are doing but i know it won't work. 4 firsts for gobert! comedy!

Don't forget the swap and their 2020 and 2022 first round selections, also 3 rotation players, just to be the jazz 2.0.

Those 3 superstars on the nets, for different reasons will ruin this player empowerment thing for everyone. Also kyrie just opted in, at least give it a try KD you created this whole mess and now you wanna leave cmon

Your sixers surprised me in a good way pawl, a lot of good signings so far. If harden gets in shape and KD goes to the West I could see philly making the ecf

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #4396 on: July 02, 2022, 05:56:48 AM »
If he goes to Phoenix he will have joined the team with the league's best record twice in his career.
NBA really needs to do something about the "contracts" thing - people are giving up more first rounders/swaps in trades than ever and guys are asking out with 3 or 4 years left on their deal, it's gotta break at some point.
How are you supposed to build a team in that situation?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 06:04:45 AM by AsianVegan »

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4397 on: July 02, 2022, 07:25:27 AM »
I'm honestly very pleased with all these insane trades because it makes the pg trade look tame

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4398 on: July 02, 2022, 08:47:01 AM »
My league wide knowledge has been in decline for many years, but is Gobert filling a hole the TWolves actually need?

I’d just be glad to be Rudy getting out of a place where as global warming shrinks the Salt Lake, arsenic is being released into the air in the city

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4399 on: July 02, 2022, 10:03:02 AM »
If he goes to Phoenix he will have joined the team with the league's best record twice in his career.
NBA really needs to do something about the "contracts" thing - people are giving up more first rounders/swaps in trades than ever and guys are asking out with 3 or 4 years left on their deal, it's gotta break at some point.

Exactly where i stand… Signing a mega deal only to want out after a season or two. I’m all for power back to the players, but it sets a scary precedent..

@Atiba Applebum it was a bad deal for Minne imho. Gobert certainly helps them immediately (Minnesota was like middle of the pack defensively i think), but all that draft capital is a steep price…

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4400 on: July 02, 2022, 10:22:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly where i stand… Signing a mega deal only to want out after a season or two. I’m all for power back to the players, but it sets a scary precedent..

@Atiba Applebum it was a bad deal for Minne imho. Gobert certainly helps them immediately (Minnesota was like middle of the pack defensively i think), but all that draft capital is a steep price…

It doesn't make much sense to me. Last time we saw a big man pairing that made some noise was when boogie joined that pelicans team with AD and that only got them to the conference semis. I don't really see this pushing them over the edge

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #4401 on: July 02, 2022, 10:38:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It doesn't make much sense to me. Last time we saw a big man pairing that made some noise was when boogie joined that pelicans team with AD and that only got them to the conference semis. I don't really see this pushing them over the edge
Gobert is going to be the defensive presence in the paint. Kat doesnt really play defense and since he can shoot from 3 pretty good he wont clog up the paint. This is a good trade if it was 10 years ago but idk how they will make it work today.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4402 on: July 02, 2022, 11:16:41 AM »
That’s fair. Although Kat spreads the floor, dunno even with Golbert (and Edwards) can they beat the dubs?

I mean kudos… smaller market team going all in.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4403 on: July 03, 2022, 09:49:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm glad we got deanthony melton and didnt trade for eric gordon old headass.
[close]
yezzzzzir or PJ Tuckers skeleton
[close]

like the melton pick up too, plus they still might grab pj! at least dude gets after it. sixers need some dogs

got pj and house and a harden discount. very satisfied.

thebacker

« Reply #4404 on: July 04, 2022, 06:14:37 AM »

also the odds for him never playing again are just rising imo

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4405 on: July 08, 2022, 04:45:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

also the odds for him never playing again are just rising imo

Like I said in another thread - Simmons is the AO of bball

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #4406 on: July 11, 2022, 09:30:02 PM »
wonder if the nets will keep ben simmons and add even more shooting around him (patty mills, seth curry, joe harris, cam thomas, royce o'neal) if they end up trading KD & kyrie. just put simmons at the 5 with 4 shooters, fuck it

i'd def ask for cam johnson & miles bridges from the suns tho if KD end ups going there, maybe send deandre ayton to the pacers, myles turner to the nets. all shooting baby!

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #4407 on: July 11, 2022, 09:33:29 PM »
also kinda wish the wolves had gone after dejounte instead of rudy. just get some dude at the mid-level to run around and block shots (bismack? javalae? nerlens?) and swap in dejounte for d'angelo

i guess we'll see what these wolves look like. unless ant man takes a major leap tho it kinda feels like they're destined to be the jazz now: good regular season team that gets exposed in the playoffs

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4408 on: July 12, 2022, 04:49:41 AM »
KAT at the 4 Rudy at the 5, but is that gonna be able to keep pace with the warriors small ball ha? Rudy can’t really shoot jumpers…. Utah 2.0 is a good analogy.

It’s like at least the AD-Boogie tandem they were both athletic (boogie pre Achilles injury) and could shoot it from all over…

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4409 on: July 12, 2022, 06:02:00 AM »
It’s a little fucked up to pair NBAs COVID patient zero with a guy that lost like most of his family to the pandemic