Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 370178 times)

Lenny the Fatface

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #4500 on: October 21, 2022, 07:07:45 AM »
Clippers get the win but Holy shit what a slog

Kawhi looked rusty, the Clippers will be nuts by Christmas.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #4501 on: October 21, 2022, 07:55:55 AM »
Expand Quote
ben simmons lol
[close]

At this point, the funniest continuation of this story would actually be a full-on redemption

That would require the young socialite to give a fuck

thebacker

« Reply #4502 on: October 21, 2022, 01:01:26 PM »
that harden midrange bag is beautiful

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 434
« Reply #4503 on: October 22, 2022, 02:10:06 AM »
Man the Nuggets looked absolutely deadly against the Warriors tonight and Murray didn't even play, this should be an awesome season

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #4504 on: October 27, 2022, 12:31:51 PM »

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4505 on: October 28, 2022, 03:52:11 AM »
Luka 41 point triple double plus the second time in a row that both Durant and Irving score 37+ and the Nets still lose, good times
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 04:35:58 AM by RoaryMcTwang »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #4506 on: October 28, 2022, 09:51:12 PM »
The midpoint on the spectrum between Ben Simmons won’t shoot and Westbrook won’t stop shooting might be an ok player

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4507 on: October 29, 2022, 09:17:55 AM »
The midpoint on the spectrum between Ben Simmons won’t shoot and Westbrook won’t stop shooting might be an ok player

I must find this midpoint man. The man who shoots just enough

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4508 on: November 01, 2022, 11:50:22 AM »
Holy shit the nets are such a joke. What a clown organization from top to bottom. Trade for mentally broken 6'10 pg who can't shoot, hand reins of leadership to a fake smart racist and an all time great with a petty little spirit and Twitter fingers, fire your head coach and hire someone who sleeps with people underneath him in the org, have your owner lightly chastise your stupid racist pg over Twitter but have no real consequences or fines even though your team is in a borough with the most jews per capita outside of Israel. Fucking embarrassment. And all this for a 2-5 record.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4509 on: November 01, 2022, 01:12:38 PM »
With no picks neither lol (2012? Same when they traded for Garnett and pierce for all their picks). It’s glorious…
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -212
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4510 on: November 01, 2022, 05:17:48 PM »
They crowned Steve Nash way too early. Granted, he inherited a dumpster fire of a roster.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 05:33:43 PM by PatrickSkateman »
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #4511 on: November 01, 2022, 07:16:56 PM »
Holy shit the nets are such a joke. What a clown organization from top to bottom. Trade for mentally broken 6'10 pg who can't shoot, hand reins of leadership to a fake smart racist and an all time great with a petty little spirit and Twitter fingers, fire your head coach and hire someone who sleeps with people underneath him in the org, have your owner lightly chastise your stupid racist pg over Twitter but have no real consequences or fines even though your team is in a borough with the most jews per capita outside of Israel. Fucking embarrassment. And all this for a 2-5 record.

Going to enjoy hate watching them.  The press conference clip was fucking insane and I won't give it more views by sharing it here.  The Nash firing completely falls on his relationship with KD.  KD is an amazing player but his ring chasing and trade demanding is wack considering he "put that team together".

Fuck the Nets!

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4512 on: November 01, 2022, 09:11:46 PM »
Good God the Nets, what a shitshow

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #4513 on: November 02, 2022, 05:33:35 AM »
kyrie is not a good enough player to justify any of his bs.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 11:36:49 AM by Beeda Weeda »

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #4514 on: November 02, 2022, 05:47:09 AM »
kyrie is a good enough player to justify any of his bs.

Hard disagree here,  sharing racist "content" never gets a pass. He had the chance to be one of the greats in the game but blew it at some point.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4515 on: November 02, 2022, 07:14:48 AM »

Kyrie hasn't carried any team without LeBron on it

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4516 on: November 02, 2022, 07:36:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Kyrie hasn't carried any team without LeBron on it

Huh??

My theory on Kyrie is that Colin Kaepernick broke his brain.   I think Kyrie really sees himself as the guy who would do something like Kaepernick did and Kyrie would love to have been a martyr for a cause and lose his career over it.    Kaepernick already took the legit racism cause which in NFL is a much bigger stand to take than in the NBA, so Kyrie has spent the intervening years trying to find a cross/cause to die on, but unfortunately he’s too stupid to find a worthy/real one

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #4517 on: November 02, 2022, 09:36:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hard disagree here,  sharing racist "content" never gets a pass. He had the chance to be one of the greats in the game but blew it at some point.
i was not giving him a pass. I didn't support him sharing racist and anti Semitic content. I am stating that he is not a good enough player for just the distraction alone.

thebacker

« Reply #4518 on: November 02, 2022, 11:04:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i was not giving him a pass. I didn't support him sharing racist and anti Semitic content. I am stating that he is not a good enough player for just the distraction alone.

i believe you meant to say kyrie ISNT a good enough player to justify any of this bs.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #4519 on: November 02, 2022, 11:35:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

i believe you meant to say kyrie ISNT a good enough player to justify any of this bs.
Thank you, corrected.
oh man, well isn't that quite a misunderstanding, Kyrie e is a moron and always has been.  He is not worth the distraction he was years ago in the league, him still being on a roster is dumbfounding.

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #4520 on: November 02, 2022, 12:41:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Thank you, corrected.
oh man, well isn't that quite a misunderstanding, Kyrie e is a moron and always has been.  He is not worth the distraction he was years ago in the league, him still being on a roster is dumbfounding.

Cheers mate, now it makes sense  ;D

rothdigga

• Rep: 574
« Reply #4521 on: November 02, 2022, 03:41:54 PM »
I know you all hate the Lakers on here but...headed to my first game of the year tonight.  At least I get to see Zion in person.  Hoping he didn't eat his way out of shape last night while here in town and he plays a full game.  How nuts are the standings right now?  I knew after last year the Lakers were in for a major struggle this year but no where did I see the Clippers, Warriors, Sixers and Nets all struggle mightily while teams who actively looked like they were in the Wembayama sweepstakes are killing it (looking at you Spurs/Jazz).  I realize it's way too early and most of those will come back while the Warriors will figure it out, but still wild to see the changing of the guard.  I would fully welcome a random finals of the Pelicans Vs Atlanta just for a total wild change of pace (knowing of course that my Lakers will be on the outside of the play-in again). 

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4522 on: November 02, 2022, 05:49:10 PM »
I know you all hate the Lakers on here but...headed to my first game of the year tonight.  At least I get to see Zion in person.  Hoping he didn't eat his way out of shape last night while here in town and he plays a full game.  How nuts are the standings right now?  I knew after last year the Lakers were in for a major struggle this year but no where did I see the Clippers, Warriors, Sixers and Nets all struggle mightily while teams who actively looked like they were in the Wembayama sweepstakes are killing it (looking at you Spurs/Jazz).  I realize it's way too early and most of those will come back while the Warriors will figure it out, but still wild to see the changing of the guard.  I would fully welcome a random finals of the Pelicans Vs Atlanta just for a total wild change of pace (knowing of course that my Lakers will be on the outside of the play-in again).

I love the lakers.   I detest the clippers.  Enjoy your game!

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4523 on: November 03, 2022, 12:16:22 AM »

Bet you enjoyed this one!

rothdigga

• Rep: 574
« Reply #4524 on: November 03, 2022, 01:45:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It was surely a fun one.  I've not seen a ton of buzzer beaters (to go to OT or end the game) so that shit is amazing in person.  I did tell my homie who I took to the game "Matt Ryan is getting this shot, hope he gets a clean look" because once they inserted him, it seemed like they would double Bron and leave one random scrub open.  He's pumped he hit that shot, must feel so fucking good after how bad the whole team has shot all year. 

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4525 on: November 03, 2022, 08:36:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It was surely a fun one.  I've not seen a ton of buzzer beaters (to go to OT or end the game) so that shit is amazing in person.  I did tell my homie who I took to the game "Matt Ryan is getting this shot, hope he gets a clean look" because once they inserted him, it seemed like they would double Bron and leave one random scrub open.  He's pumped he hit that shot, must feel so fucking good after how bad the whole team has shot all year.

Sounds like an awesome night. I'm not exactly a Lakers fan but it was hard not to be pumped for them in that moment. It's also always great when a bench player get a moment in the limelight.

Meanwhile, over at the Nets... Too bad that Steve Nash got caught up in this mess on his first coaching gig, he deserves so much better.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4526 on: November 03, 2022, 10:04:02 PM »
They finally suspended kyrie but no one should give this completely morally bankrupt nets org any credit

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4527 on: November 04, 2022, 01:02:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Sounds like an awesome night. I'm not exactly a Lakers fan but it was hard not to be pumped for them in that moment. It's also always great when a bench player get a moment in the limelight.

Meanwhile, over at the Nets... Too bad that Steve Nash got caught up in this mess on his first coaching gig, he deserves so much better.

He’s got enough cache that he’ll land on his feet.   I look it as them freeing Nash.   There’s nothing he or anyone else could do.   What a fucking poison pill it was to gut your overachieving roster to load up on the biggest malcontent stars of the last severa decades.   I wonder if they even have their draft picks

JeremyScottofChapman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #4528 on: November 04, 2022, 05:19:43 AM »
They finally suspended kyrie but no one should give this completely morally bankrupt nets org any credit

Can anyone tell me what Kyrie actually said that was antisemitic? Like a direct quote?  Can't seem to find it on the internet.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #4529 on: November 04, 2022, 05:56:16 AM »
he's too much of a coward to come out and say it, so instead he just shared a video/movie that is full of anti Semitic stereotypes, racism and overall dumb guy finger pointing and hides behind the fact that he did not create the video.
kyrie is a rich dumb person who is easily influenced by other dumb people, but being dumb is not an excuse for promoting hate.