Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 370842 times)

Ernie McCracken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 35
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #1440 on: March 17, 2014, 09:50:35 PM »
OKC just shitted on your Bulls at home..... What did Toronto do you say? oh we're just ONE of only 7 teams to beat OKC IN OKC no big deal.

You're delusional if you think a team with the 30th ranked offense can go anywhere after the second round. No team has ever won a championship while posting the leagues worst offense this is why a Thibbs led team will never win a title. You HAVE to have the offensive firepower to come back from double digit deficits ala San Antonio Miami OKC to win it all.

Congrats, when do they give out the trophy for beating the Thunder on the road?

And your ridiculous comment about Thibodeau just made you lose any credibility you might have had when talking about the NBA. He does more with a depleted roster than any other coach could do. Imagine if Rose was healthy and Deng was still on the team..

I don't think anyone was arguing that the Bulls were going for a title this year, so..

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1441 on: March 17, 2014, 10:20:51 PM »
fuck yes the nuggets just ended the clippers 11 game win streak. also, blake griffin is a little bitch
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1442 on: March 18, 2014, 12:00:02 AM »
fuck yes the nuggets just ended the clippers 11 game win streak. also, blake griffin is a little bitch

Good game and good nuggets win. I can stand CP3 and Deandre Jordan but not Blake......

Also.....

i need help starting a movement.....
#FUCKBLAKEGRIFFIN
dotcom
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #1443 on: March 18, 2014, 08:11:55 AM »
Expand Quote
OKC just shitted on your Bulls at home..... What did Toronto do you say? oh we're just ONE of only 7 teams to beat OKC IN OKC no big deal.

You're delusional if you think a team with the 30th ranked offense can go anywhere after the second round. No team has ever won a championship while posting the leagues worst offense this is why a Thibbs led team will never win a title. You HAVE to have the offensive firepower to come back from double digit deficits ala San Antonio Miami OKC to win it all.
[close]

And your ridiculous comment about Thibodeau just made you lose any credibility you might have had when talking about the NBA. He does more with a depleted roster than any other coach could do. Imagine if Rose was healthy and Deng was still on the team..

I don't think anyone was arguing that the Bulls were going for a title this year, so..

The beating OKC in OKC Trophy will be handed out at the begining of next season every Raptor player will also get rings commemorating  it and we will hang a banner.

I stand by my coach Thibbs comment 100% he's a phenomenal coach don't get me wrong but even with Rose healthy his is lack of emphathis on offense will always catch up to him. Even the '04 Pistons that had historical defense but wasn't dead last in scoring you have to be masterful on both ends to win a title just ask a guy by the name of Gregg Popovich 

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #1444 on: March 18, 2014, 01:34:38 PM »
If Thibodeau was the coach of the Heat, then he'd have multiple championships. The Bulls roster is filled with solid players, but you're not going to be good offensively when Noah or DJ Augustine are your best scoring options. On top of that, they haven't even had Rose for 2 seasons now. Half of their damn roster was out during the playoffs last year. They might not be an offensive juggernaut even with a healthy Rose, but they wouldn't be nearly as bad as they are now.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1445 on: March 18, 2014, 03:39:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The beating OKC in OKC Trophy will be handed out at the begining of next season every Raptor player will also get rings commemorating  it and we will hang a banner.

I stand by my coach Thibbs comment 100% he's a phenomenal coach don't get me wrong but even with Rose healthy his is lack of emphathis on offense will always catch up to him. Even the '04 Pistons that had historical defense but wasn't dead last in scoring you have to be masterful on both ends to win a title just ask a guy by the name of Gregg Popovich 

jesus christ you are regular

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1446 on: March 18, 2014, 08:39:46 PM »
The fact that Earl the Homer is even able to mention Chicago in the same breath as teams like Miami, Spurs OKC right now is a testament to Thibodeau's greatness.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #1447 on: March 19, 2014, 12:04:12 PM »
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/21/4542554/carrick-felix-feature-cleveland-cavaliers-2013

seen this shit the other day, got me curious about other pro athletes that skate/skated. something like a nate robinson sponsor me tape would be gangster as fuck.

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #1448 on: March 19, 2014, 12:42:58 PM »
Blake haters need to go grab themselves a Gatorade icee
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #1449 on: March 19, 2014, 05:53:52 PM »
this thread......smh
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #1450 on: March 19, 2014, 07:24:21 PM »
Blake haters need to go grab themselves a Gatorade icee
blakes a little bitch. it aint hating, its the troof.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 07:27:45 PM by gnidraobetaks »

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1451 on: March 20, 2014, 10:44:52 AM »
If Thibodeau was the coach of the Heat, then he'd have multiple championships. The Bulls roster is filled with solid players, but you're not going to be good offensively when Noah or DJ Augustine are your best scoring options. On top of that, they haven't even had Rose for 2 seasons now. Half of their damn roster was out during the playoffs last year. They might not be an offensive juggernaut even with a healthy Rose, but they wouldn't be nearly as bad as they are now.

If my cat was the coach of the HEAT they'd have multiple championships having Lebron and 2 ALL STARS is the equivlant to having 2 Queens in a game of chess. My point was they HAD a healthy Rose Deng Asik  better role players and still couldn't even reach the Finals. You guys are twisting my words as if I'm saying Thibodeau is not a good coach he's a phenominal coach he's just in that category of amazing coaches that stubbornly stick to their one-sided philosophies be it offense or defense (Dantoni,Don Nelson,Scott Skiles ect)

And I'm done with this argument we'll see who goes farther come April LET'S GOOOOO RAPTORRRRRRSSSSSS

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1452 on: March 20, 2014, 10:53:17 AM »
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/21/4542554/carrick-felix-feature-cleveland-cavaliers-2013

seen this shit the other day, got me curious about other pro athletes that skate/skated. something like a nate robinson sponsor me tape would be gangster as fuck.

Good read, kind of a bummer he's into street league though

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #1453 on: March 20, 2014, 11:32:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If my cat was the coach of the HEAT they'd have multiple championships having Lebron and 2 ALL STARS is the equivlant to having 2 Queens in a game of chess. My point was they HAD a healthy Rose Deng Asik  better role players and still couldn't even reach the Finals. You guys are twisting my words as if I'm saying Thibodeau is not a good coach he's a phenominal coach he's just in that category of amazing coaches that stubbornly stick to their one-sided philosophies be it offense or defense (Dantoni,Don Nelson,Scott Skiles ect)

And I'm done with this argument we'll see who goes farther come April LET'S GOOOOO RAPTORRRRRRSSSSSS

I'm not.

In Thibodeau's first year he took the Bulls from being a .500 team to a team that went 62-20. They lost to Miami of course, but did you really expect a young team with a new coach to get it perfect the first time? The next year the Bulls looked even better. They had experience now and could take down Miami. We never saw that opportunity because Rose went down early in the playoffs. We never saw it the next year when he missed the entire season. And then again this year...

Did you really just try to give Thibodeau praise by putting him in the same category as D'antoni?

My point: They only had that fully healthy team ONCE. And it was their first crack at it against the team that you said was so good your cat could coach them to a couple of championships. A young team with 1 superstar and good role players in their first good year vs the best player in the game and two all stars in their prime. hmm.. what did you expect?

Before you irrationally label Thibodeau as a stubborn coach who refuses to change his philosophy that will never win, why don't you give the guy more time and judge him when he actually has had more real opportunities at contending for a championship? Everyone has their own opinion, but your views about Thibodeau are absolutely flawed and terrible.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 11:37:57 PM by Ernie McCracken »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1454 on: March 20, 2014, 11:38:44 PM »
Back from the Warriors v. Bucks game. Shitty as they are, the bucks played good. Should have won in Portland.

Bummer Larry Sanders is out. OJ Mayo doesn't play anymore either.

Well, he kinda sucks and has been injured recently.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1455 on: March 21, 2014, 03:01:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

If my cat was the coach of the HEAT they'd have multiple championships having Lebron and 2 ALL STARS is the equivlant to having 2 Queens in a game of chess. My point was they HAD a healthy Rose Deng Asik  better role players and still couldn't even reach the Finals. You guys are twisting my words as if I'm saying Thibodeau is not a good coach he's a phenominal coach he's just in that category of amazing coaches that stubbornly stick to their one-sided philosophies be it offense or defense (Dantoni,Don Nelson,Scott Skiles ect)

[close]

I'm not.

In Thibodeau's first year he took the Bulls from being a .500 team to a team that went 62-20. They lost to Miami of course, but did you really expect a young team with a new coach to get it perfect the first time? The next year the Bulls looked even better. They had experience now and could take down Miami. We never saw that opportunity because Rose went down early in the playoffs. We never saw it the next year when he missed the entire season. And then again this year...

Did you really just try to give Thibodeau praise by putting him in the same category as D'antoni?

My point: They only had that fully healthy team ONCE. And it was their first crack at it against the team that you said was so good your cat could coach them to a couple of championships. A young team with 1 superstar and good role players in their first good year vs the best player in the game and two all stars in their prime. hmm.. what did you expect?

Before you irrationally label Thibodeau as a stubborn coach who refuses to change his philosophy that will never win, why don't you give the guy more time and judge him when he actually has had more real opportunities at contending for a championship? Everyone has their own opinion, but your views about Thibodeau are absolutely flawed and terrible.

don't bother with this idiot. he roots for a franchise thats claim to fame is vince carter leaving in free agency.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1456 on: March 21, 2014, 09:30:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm not.

[close]

don't bother with this idiot. he roots for a franchise thats claim to fame is vince carter leaving in free agency.
Are you talking about the ATLANTIC DIVISION LEADING RAPTORS? They're 3rd in the East bruh.

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #1457 on: March 21, 2014, 09:52:51 AM »
^ I'm definitely not even going to bother with that statement.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1458 on: March 21, 2014, 10:45:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

If my cat was the coach of the HEAT they'd have multiple championships having Lebron and 2 ALL STARS is the equivlant to having 2 Queens in a game of chess. My point was they HAD a healthy Rose Deng Asik ? better role players and still couldn't even reach the Finals. You guys are twisting my words as if I'm saying Thibodeau is not a good coach he's a phenominal coach he's just in that category of amazing coaches that stubbornly stick to their one-sided philosophies be it offense or defense (Dantoni,Don Nelson,Scott Skiles ect)

[close]

I'm not.

I wouldn't say irrationally but fair enough I'll cut him some slack and cross my fingers Rose can return to form next season. I'm also a HUGE Jimmy Butler fan (I've been watching him since his Marquette days) a Healthy D Rose just makes the NBA that much better. My offensive critiques will still remain as will 90% of anyone that actually knows basketball I don't know about you but watching half court smash-mouth basketball that scores in the mid 70s can be pretty un-appealing sometimes. I would just like to see him uitilize Dunleavy,Snell,DJ in the full court a bit more then run pick and pop and post-ups with Boozer/Noah/Gibson to death.

I guess if you have limited roster and that's what works for you to win then run it. If you put it in perspective he's done the best job a coach could do in terms of turning a franchise around after the firing of Del Negro so I'll give the man his due.

It just irks me that my team that's suffered countless losing seasons and is finally emerging and playing better basketball (RIGHT NOW) than Chicago is getting no credit and that was my point in the first place.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1459 on: March 21, 2014, 12:34:45 PM »
Half court basketball boring? You must hate the playoffs.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1460 on: March 21, 2014, 04:05:24 PM »
That's different. HUGE match up tonight vs OKC should be a good game Durant's gonna come out guns blazin' I'm sure he's still ticked off from that rare home loss earlier this year

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1461 on: March 22, 2014, 12:35:23 PM »
No posts after that KD dagger. Earl "I hate half court basketball" the pearl must be in the gutter with a bottle of rye. I'm talking about being Canadian.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1462 on: March 22, 2014, 04:32:46 PM »
KD rifled off 50 points on the road, he is going to be better than Lebron.

Can't wait for Spurs/ Warriors tonight, potential playoff matchup

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1463 on: March 23, 2014, 01:15:48 AM »
shut the fuck up you dickhead

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #1464 on: March 23, 2014, 05:21:14 AM »
KD rifled off 50 points on the road, he is going to be better than Lebron.

Can't wait for Spurs/ Warriors tonight, potential playoff matchup

Yep, Lebron isn't even fun to watch, dude has no finesse in his shit, can't wait to see KD make Leflop's legacy look like child's play when he's through

bricards1

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1465 on: March 23, 2014, 06:25:18 AM »
flop city

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1466 on: March 23, 2014, 10:30:59 AM »
No posts after that KD dagger. Earl "I hate half court basketball" the pearl must be in the gutter with a bottle of rye. I'm talking about being Canadian.

hahaha unfortunately that's pretty accurate just the replace the gutter with my bed and the bottle of rye with red wine.

But seriously up 8 points in 2OT with 49 seconds left and you lose???  >:( gotta give it to Durant though that's a bad man right there.
I just hope this devastating loss doesn't send us off the rails... hit that erase button and keep playing focused down the stretch. Hosting ATL this afternoon hopefully we can get a solid W and get back on track.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1467 on: March 24, 2014, 08:27:21 AM »
Well there's about month left in the regular season and once again the TOO OLD San Antonio Spurs sit atop the NBA standings and have won 13 straight games and a lot of that has do with Kawhi Leonard (my favourite current NBA player)

"The #Spurs are 33-9 in the games that Kawhi Leonard has played this season, and just 8-7 in the games that he's missed."

Future DPOY, ALL STAR, NBA Champion, and all around dominant NBA star  ....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1977879-kawhi-leonard-is-quietly-ready-to-be-san-antonio-spurs-next-star

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1468 on: March 24, 2014, 08:40:59 AM »
My Raps also got the come back win with style! Now if Indiana can take care of those pesky Bulls tonight we can get a little bit of breathing room. It won't be easy though I don't see a lot of teams defeating Chicago twice in a 4 night span, going to be an ugly one... first team to 80 points wins! hahaha

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1469 on: March 26, 2014, 10:10:34 PM »