Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 370894 times)

Big Skatefase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #1740 on: May 05, 2014, 09:26:01 AM »
thunder vs. clippers.  :) cp3 vs. westbrook  8)

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #1741 on: May 05, 2014, 09:28:14 AM »
Shedding a tear right now for the Raptors. Even a 2nd round brutalizing at the hands of the Heat would have helped to provide this franchise with some respectability. Now the reality of being just another mediocre Eastern conference non-contender sets in. They could've really used a decent pick in this years draft, too.

I am simultaneously happy and sad about this amazing first round ending. Only having to keep up with two games a night will be good for my social life, but goddamn this was a good couple weeks of basketball.

Agreed, not a happy camper but I'll get over it now all I have left is my beloved Spurs.

abraham linksys

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1742 on: May 05, 2014, 01:39:16 PM »
I give it up to those raptors they put up a fight. that last "shot" killed me but the nets will give the heat trouble but still fuck brooklyn.
good for the spurs rolling over the mavs. Portland/SA will be a tight series.

anyway wizards take game 1 in Indiana. john wall has a big game.
OKC takes game 1 at home by double digits.
oh and if GSW fire marc jackson they're idiots. 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1743 on: May 05, 2014, 11:05:58 PM »
Harsh, but true.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #1744 on: May 06, 2014, 06:37:57 AM »
First All Star to go scoreless in a back to back playoff games??? Give credit to Nene and Gortat though they give bigs nightmares

Can't wait for Blazers Spurs tonight LMA vs Duncan alone makes this matchup epic GO SPURS GO!!

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1745 on: May 06, 2014, 07:10:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Game 7 Raptors finally getting some national coverage won the first quarter gotta stayed focused keep it tight win that 4th quarter!!!

[close]
The officiating in that game was pisspoor, absolutely awful. At least Miami will steamroll Brooklyn next round.
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Game 7 Raptors finally getting some national coverage won the first quarter gotta stayed focused keep it tight win that 4th quarter!!!

[close]
The officiating in that game was pisspoor, absolutely awful. At least Miami will steamroll Brooklyn next round.
[close]

HAHA that was the best officiated game of the postseason so far. suck a dick.
Yeah it was... if you're a Nets fan.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #1746 on: May 06, 2014, 08:31:41 AM »
shoutoutz 2 abraham linksys for bold, yet terrible, predictions. plz continue to pick teams to win by double digits and vicariously jinxing the shit out of them.

Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1747 on: May 06, 2014, 12:14:37 PM »
Mark Jackson has just been fired.

Good to see the Warriors will be back winning to 20-25 games again.  :-\
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #1748 on: May 06, 2014, 12:20:46 PM »

What a load of bullshit.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1749 on: May 06, 2014, 12:32:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What a load of bullshit.

Man once George Karl got CotY & still got fired its pretty much a given that aint NOBODY safe. I hate how these front offices treat coaches tho. Jackson is the one who established the culture there and is the reason for their success, not their failures. the reason they didnt advance was because their starting center was injured & they lack depth compared to most of the elite teams. Management definitely fucked up ESPECIALLY since the players were backing him too. granted they keep the same roster, I figure theyll probably more or less play at the same level with a solid coach but still, thats because JACKSON was the one who prepped those young players with the proper mentality in the first place.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1750 on: May 06, 2014, 12:33:38 PM »
Brooklyn won't get the 2 day breaks between games like  round one, they'll be too tired to come from behind, Miami in 5 max.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1751 on: May 06, 2014, 12:38:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What a load of bullshit.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #1752 on: May 06, 2014, 12:47:59 PM »
any chance d'antoni goes to the warriors? seems like it would be a good fit.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #1753 on: May 06, 2014, 01:33:49 PM »
Damn these fucking nba owners are corrupt, so fucked it's starting to make blake griffin seem not so bad. New movement #fucksterlinglacobgriffin

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1754 on: May 06, 2014, 01:39:26 PM »
I was thinking the other day what this team would be like if nelly was still running the show but d'anotni would be an interesting hire although I think Karl might be the only guy to pick up where Jackson left off.

New movement #staysalty
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

abraham linksys

« Reply #1755 on: May 06, 2014, 03:47:18 PM »
shoutoutz 2 abraham linksys for bold, yet terrible, predictions. plz continue to pick teams to win by double digits and vicariously jinxing the shit out of them.
yeah since I had so much to do with it. nobody could've predicted okc shitting the bed like that.
heat win. blazers win.

Ernie McCracken

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1756 on: May 06, 2014, 04:43:56 PM »
Certainly Hibbert is an absolute joke at the moment (shouldnt be too surprised since he is 7'2" and only averages 11 and 7), but the Pacers as a whole look like shit too. Paul George and David West dont look good. Evan Turner was supposed to be this power move and he is a non factor. Vogel doesn't look like he has the team's attention. Just a big mess.

Tracy Mcgrady and Gilbert Arenas mocking Hibbert is laughable. McGrady's legacy is choking in the playoffs and NEVER getting past the first round. And Arenas was always a garbage player. Morons.

abraham linksys

« Reply #1757 on: May 06, 2014, 04:55:24 PM »
so now there's even rumors about PG doin roy hibberts girl. probably not true at all but interesting.
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/551377/20140507/pacers-nba-news.htm#.U2l1blUo_IU

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • this is joab
« Reply #1758 on: May 06, 2014, 04:57:36 PM »
I sure hope lacob gives a speech in front if the crowd in oracle again towards the beginning of next season.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 07:12:48 PM by gnidraobetaks »

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1759 on: May 06, 2014, 05:56:19 PM »
Certainly Hibbert is an absolute joke at the moment (shouldnt be too surprised since he is 7'2" and only averages 11 and 7), but the Pacers as a whole look like shit too. Paul George and David West dont look good. Evan Turner was supposed to be this power move and he is a non factor. Vogel doesn't look like he has the team's attention. Just a big mess.

Tracy Mcgrady and Gilbert Arenas mocking Hibbert is laughable. McGrady's legacy is choking in the playoffs and NEVER getting past the first round. And Arenas was always a garbage player. Morons.

kids these fuckin days shake my damn head son

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1760 on: May 06, 2014, 06:41:10 PM »
There's something screwy going on, Charles Barkley just said something nice about the Trail Blazers.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #1761 on: May 06, 2014, 07:32:36 PM »
Arenas always a garbage player ? C'mon son.

Hibbert averaged like 4 points and 3 boards against a sub .500 team.... Surprised more washed up pros aren't clowning on him.

if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1762 on: May 06, 2014, 09:20:07 PM »
I hope the rest of this Spurs/Blazers series is a little closer.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1763 on: May 06, 2014, 09:20:48 PM »
portland playing a team that can actually play defense now lol

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1764 on: May 06, 2014, 09:36:41 PM »
portland playing a team that can actually play defense now lol
Very true. Their shooting was abysmal and their confidence was clearly rattled.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • this is joab
« Reply #1765 on: May 06, 2014, 11:34:39 PM »
yeah thats real blood

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1766 on: May 07, 2014, 12:18:54 AM »
I guess Gilbert Arenas was garbage in 2005-2006 when he averaged 29.3 points 6.1 assists and 3.5 rebounds on the season. Pretty impressive to make 3 all star-teams as a second round pick while playing like garbage the whole time.

Anyway, it doesn't take 5 finals MVPs to know that Hibbert has been playing like garbage these playoffs. You can't blame it entirely on him though, the dynamic of that team is just awful right now. I wish I could get inside those dudes heads/locker room to figure out what the hell has happened to them since January but in the meantime it's kind of fun to just watch them fuck up.

Ernie McCracken

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1767 on: May 07, 2014, 11:58:00 AM »
Ha what a joke, Arenas had a few good years on a wizards team that didn't get anywhere and yet everybody comes running to his defense.

I really enjoyed watching McGrady in his prime but I don't care how talented he was, not getting past the first round at least ONCE is pathetic.

I never said you have to be a successful player to understand how bad Hibbert is. What I did say was that the those two guys clowning him publicly in the way they did should probably just shut the fuck up because they have some serious laughable qualities on their NBA career reusme.

Hibbert has always sucked. For some reason he garnered a max contract from being a whopping 12 point 8 rebound guy. People should be clowning the Pacers front office for giving him that contract. People should be calling out Paul George who has been up and down in the playoffs. People should call out Vogel not running a good offense. The list goes on. Hibbert is just an easy target because he is SO bad right now.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1768 on: May 07, 2014, 01:15:40 PM »
you cant blame all of the defensive struggles on Vogel. youve come this far know what you know and running what you have. as a coach you are more likely to run your system to the best of its abilities before scrapping everything and trying something new. not exactly a great time to ditch the entire scheme as you enter the second game of the second round. the players have to execute too. the only player that seems to give a shit on that squad is david west.

the one thing i will give vogel a steaming pile for is not experimenting with different line ups during the regular season. the bottom line is that this happens every year in every sport, some team, usually touted as a preseason favorite, comes out hot and takes a shit at the end of season or falls apart in the postseason.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #1769 on: May 07, 2014, 02:53:08 PM »
hahaha what the fuck... no one is running to Arena's defense, but to say he's been "garbage" his entire career is false. He's always running his mouth VIA twatter. That's nothing new. If Hibbert can't handle a little e-flack then he probably doesn't belong in the NBA.

Hibbert is an easy target because he has been playing like garbage in THESE playoffs. His playoff averages last year was something like 17 points and 9 rebounds. Indiana as a whole is an easy target.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna