Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 370612 times)

Big Skatefase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #1860 on: June 09, 2014, 11:39:56 AM »
Expand Quote
damn what a game by lebron. straight carried the heat the whole game.
[close]

no he didn't you fucking idiot. 3 other players with 14+ on over 50% shooting. he played great but im sick of people pretending this is the miami fucking cavaliers.

wow 14 points. lebron had that in 1 quarter. fuck outta here.

wade did not play up to his standard. only dudes who played well were shard and bosh.

the heat were straight garbage when lebron went to the bench.

the spurs were 5-10 from 3 and had no turnovers in the 3rd quarter and lebron's 14 point 6/7 from the field 3rd quarter kept the heat in the game.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:50:09 AM by Big Skatefase »

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1861 on: June 09, 2014, 02:29:14 PM »
@SportsCenter  15m

THIS JUST IN: Derek Fisher is finalizing 5-year, $25 million deal to become Knicks coach.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1862 on: June 09, 2014, 02:39:08 PM »
@SportsCenter  15m

THIS JUST IN: Derek Fisher is finalizing 5-year, $25 million deal to become Knicks coach.

man i like Fisher & think he'd make a great coach down the line but if I'm a 31 year old carmelo anthony aint no way in hell ima sit thru the waste of next season with a rookie coach just for the POTENTIAL of a good 15-16 season where they mess with the roster. Dude might as well take that pay cut like he said, and come on down to tha Chi & let Thibs put em to work.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1863 on: June 09, 2014, 03:05:11 PM »
Scary thing is melo really won't have to take a pay cut next year. Over the next three years the salary cap will go up dramatically so they could easily back load the contract or give him a short deal contract him that expires near the time of the next tv deal when the cap goes up again. Been saying it all season chi town is the melo destination choice...

Unless d rose is really the next Brandon Roy.

As far as the finals are concerned. its really hard to pick a winner. It's like watching mike Tyson fight mike Tyson. Two nearly indentical teams. Not necessarily who they have playing at the positions that they do but in the system they run. I'm fairly sure spo just copy/pasted the entire San Antonio play book then added some of his own wrinkles. Not to mention the depth on both sides of the bench, the effectiveness at three and getting to the basket while providing good looks at shots anywhere else. The ball doesn't stick. What was so painfully excruciating to watch about the thunder is when it came down to a much needed bucket and you get ISO Russ or ISO Durant. That's hardly happened in this series.

Say what you want about lebron but without a doubt, no hesitation, he will be the key reason why the heat win the championship if they do. He hasn't even played his best game of the series yet. Jordan had Scottie but some of those games in 96/97 when mj played like straight horse shit the bulls won not because the role players played above level of expectation but because of Michael's will to not lose. I saw it last night lebron wants it more than all of the city of San Antonio put together in a line for free churros. 
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1864 on: June 09, 2014, 04:48:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
damn what a game by lebron. straight carried the heat the whole game.
[close]

no he didn't you fucking idiot. 3 other players with 14+ on over 50% shooting. he played great but im sick of people pretending this is the miami fucking cavaliers.
[close]

wow 14 points. lebron had that in 1 quarter. fuck outta here.

wade did not play up to his standard. only dudes who played well were shard and bosh.

the heat were straight garbage when lebron went to the bench.

the spurs were 5-10 from 3 and had no turnovers in the 3rd quarter and lebron's 14 point 6/7 from the field 3rd quarter kept the heat in the game.

THREE PLAYERS with 14 on oveer 50% shooting. way to downplay it you fucking stan.  lebron scored 1 point in the last five minutes. he was throwing up bricks and turnovers all first half. he did not 'carry' the heat. his team kept them in the game at many points as well. whats fucked is i dont even hate lebron, i hate his stupid fans who would kill just to guzzle his cum.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1865 on: June 09, 2014, 05:09:28 PM »

somebody gives a little props to lebron and you start crying like a little bitch.  :D

damn he brought out the caps lock  :D

keep typin furiously behind that computer fuckboy  :D

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1866 on: June 09, 2014, 09:49:46 PM »
@SportsCenter  15m

That's crazy, so many better coaches on the market with real groundroots experience. Nothing the knicks do ever makes sense, they are cursed by stupidity.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1867 on: June 10, 2014, 08:31:19 PM »
what a first half by the spurs :o they couldn't miss.

kawahi leonard with an amazing game. :o outplayed lebron on both ends.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:37:19 PM by Big Skatefase »

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1868 on: June 10, 2014, 08:40:26 PM »
Great sign for SA, Miami had no chance tonight every spur chipped in. If Kawhi is putting up 30 you got problems

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #1869 on: June 11, 2014, 08:06:27 AM »
They also needed to go small and they did, in my opinion starting Diaw and not playing Splitter Duncan at the same time was a huge factor it just liberated the offense more spacing and passing on the perimeter....wasn't expecting them to shoot 90% FG at one point though hahaha

GO SPURS GO!!!!

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #1870 on: June 11, 2014, 08:40:34 AM »
They also needed to go small and they did, in my opinion starting Diaw and not playing Splitter Duncan at the same time was a huge factor it just liberated the offense more spacing and passing on the perimeter....wasn't expecting them to shoot 90% FG at one point though hahaha

GO SPURS GO!!!!

I didn't really notice that until it was brought up at halftime or whatever and I don't know why that hasn't been done more. I think it's smarter for that because either the big man will draw defender easier and then dish it to someone else to score or vice versa and someone dishes it to the big man. Even if they can stop the big man, they're going to most likely have to foul him and bring him tot he line and that's still an easy couple buckets right there.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #1871 on: June 11, 2014, 02:34:27 PM »
Scary thing is melo really won't have to take a pay cut next year. Over the next three years the salary cap will go up dramatically so they could easily back load the contract or give him a short deal contract him that expires near the time of the next tv deal when the cap goes up again. Been saying it all season chi town is the melo destination choice...

Unless d rose is really the next Brandon Roy.

The Knicks are a mess so I could see that. Derek Fisher's first task on the job is to basically re recruit Carmelo. Thibodeau alone makes Chicago an attractive team in my opinion.

And 75.8% shooting is absurd.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #1872 on: June 11, 2014, 10:20:58 PM »
i doubt melo wants to stick around for the whole rebuilding phase. melo, rose and noah would be such a sick combo.

also

the tim duncan & kawahi leonard revenge tour

Tracer

« Reply #1873 on: June 11, 2014, 10:37:40 PM »
i doubt melo wants to stick around for the whole rebuilding phase. melo, rose and noah would be such a sick combo.

also

the tim duncan & kawahi leonard revenge tour
2 ballhogs and a mental patient, how could that go wrong? Melo wants nothing but to stay in NY it's the greatest city in the world, he will not leave no chance.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1874 on: June 11, 2014, 11:20:24 PM »
Game 3 was an anomaly of sorts. The combination of the spurs having the collective best game of their careers in congruent with an inability for Miami to maintain possession of the ball was a recipe for a 20 point blowout. Miami played one hell of a game, the spurts just played well above expectancy. if the spurs decide to stay perimeter they lose the one advantage they had when they played traditional sets: rebounding. i cant imagine that both san anton shoots for 60 percent again while miami fumbles the ball repeatedly. this series isnt over yet.

why would melo not leave? he is in that point in his career where he has made plenty of money for lifetimes and will continue to do so for what could be another 8 years if so he chooses. things have not worked in new york and now he will have to wait another year in the exile of an eastern conference with amar'e's corpse and jr smiths bottle service tab clogging up cap space. if this whole miami story is real and the heat are trying to pursue melo and create a 4 headed monster than good luck to any other suitor. it just seems unreasonable to say, "okay ill punt my 12th season because i have an unlimited amount of these in my career, kick back in NY, go to a few yankee games, and contend for the scoring title while i pray that phil jackson still has some fairy dust left in that souix warrior buffalo ball sack pouch he keeps tied around his waist." then there is the whole derek fisher thing. i got a headache just typing that out.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #1875 on: June 11, 2014, 11:49:50 PM »
Two more to go!!

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1876 on: June 12, 2014, 09:52:06 AM »
I WANT SOME NASTY!!

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1877 on: June 12, 2014, 05:28:03 PM »
lmao have any of y'all seen this shit? DJ Khaled is literally THE WORST miami heat fan ever. This nigga really went on espn & called the Spurs cheaters for game 1. dead ass serious. i don't think he says a single logical thing in this entire video

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:41:59 PM by W.easley »

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1878 on: June 12, 2014, 08:25:13 PM »
it's over  :o

spurs 2014 nba champs!

hell of a team and a hell of an organization.  8) timmy gets his 5th  8)

i think kawhi should get finals mvp.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #1879 on: June 12, 2014, 08:41:13 PM »
WOW

Didn't expect the game to go the way it did tonight and I'm a Spurs fan, shit 1 more win with 3 tries...Fucking hope to god they don't win this shit in Miami, and I do not want to see a game 7!
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Tracer

« Reply #1880 on: June 12, 2014, 08:52:50 PM »
Spurs don't just win, they humiliate you. Talk about basketball at the highest level, this is amazing

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #1881 on: June 12, 2014, 09:02:42 PM »
The Spurs bench at garbage time was still making plays and passing. None of the usual every man for himself to dunk and show off. That bench is so deep and they fully buy into Popovich.

Spolestra was made to look like a middle school coach.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1882 on: June 12, 2014, 09:25:51 PM »
if it wasn't for tony parker's missed free throws in game 2 this would have been a sweep.

Tracer

« Reply #1883 on: June 12, 2014, 09:38:49 PM »
if it wasn't for tony parker's missed free throws in game 2 this would have been a sweep.
Don't give SA the title just yet, Miami is one of the best teams ever and could easily rifle off 3 straight. Game 7 seems more likely than unlikely, given the rigged nature of the league.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1884 on: June 13, 2014, 07:19:12 AM »
That's what I'm sayin it's not over till it's over telling my friends to shut up and stop jinxing if there's any team that can pull off the 3 straight it's Miami

Spurs have to treat game 5 with the same amount of desperation and focus. Mark my words Miami will be in that next gear game 5 and go on some crazy runs Spurs just have to weather the storm keep it close and put em' away in the 4th in classic Spurs form.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1885 on: June 13, 2014, 04:06:58 PM »
patty mills finals mvp

Tracer

« Reply #1886 on: June 13, 2014, 04:21:03 PM »
That's what I'm sayin it's not over till it's over telling my friends to shut up and stop jinxing if there's any team that can pull off the 3 straight it's Miami

Spurs have to treat game 5 with the same amount of desperation and focus. Mark my words Miami will be in that next gear game 5 and go on some crazy runs Spurs just have to weather the storm keep it close and put em' away in the 4th in classic Spurs form.
Wade will probably have one of those crazy games. He is playing awful lately, not getting back on D to complain to refs? Fuck outta here with that its basic stuff.

micky682

« Reply #1887 on: June 13, 2014, 04:32:22 PM »

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1888 on: June 15, 2014, 02:24:08 PM »
Boris Diaw Finals MVP!

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1889 on: June 15, 2014, 05:29:56 PM »
Manu and TP are obvious co-MVP

jerry west mvp
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 05:53:33 PM by bentmode »