Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 371125 times)

Cuban_Lynx and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #1890 on: June 15, 2014, 07:11:14 PM »

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1891 on: June 15, 2014, 07:11:30 PM »
12 minutes

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #1892 on: June 15, 2014, 07:32:09 PM »
spurs the champs!  :)

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #1893 on: June 15, 2014, 07:49:21 PM »

???
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #1894 on: June 15, 2014, 08:01:27 PM »
kawhi finals mvp  :)

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #1895 on: June 15, 2014, 08:19:50 PM »
fffuuuck yeaaahhh

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #1896 on: June 15, 2014, 08:23:00 PM »
Sugar K is that hot fire!!!!!

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #1897 on: June 15, 2014, 08:29:47 PM »
Big skatefase mom mvp  :)

(Most venereal pussy)
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #1898 on: June 15, 2014, 08:34:55 PM »

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1899 on: June 15, 2014, 08:36:17 PM »
5 games to cool off Miami, shit!!!!! Dwyane Wade should retire after this series, and Bosh gotta re learn how to play basketball.

foureyedjim

« Reply #1900 on: June 15, 2014, 08:48:39 PM »
Destroyed.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 890
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #1901 on: June 15, 2014, 09:00:43 PM »

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #1902 on: June 15, 2014, 10:46:24 PM »
Thank you Spurs!!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #1903 on: June 15, 2014, 11:37:22 PM »
Where did all the spurs fans come from ? or are you guys uniting in hating against the heat ? last time I checked there were only like 3 or 4 spurs fans on Slap .  And tracer fuck off , hurts in my heart that a person like you is a spurs fan .

wanted to write in here during most of the playoffs but since I last did it jinxed the game after so didnt want to risk it .Anyways Im going out drinking in london tonigth to celebrate

fuck the heat , James if you cant stand the heat , get out of the kitchen , ironic with the name heat too =p 

Spurs win !! spurs win !! spurs win !!!   

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #1904 on: June 16, 2014, 06:51:44 AM »
So hyped the way they controlled and dismantled the Heat Game by Game, they should've swept em.  Well deserved, Lebron said it best "That's what team basketball is, that's how it's played"  Never not hyped to be a Spurs fan.
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #1905 on: June 16, 2014, 12:37:06 PM »
Where did all the spurs fans come from ? or are you guys uniting in hating against the heat ? last time I checked there were only like 3 or 4 spurs fans on Slap .  And tracer fuck off , hurts in my heart that a person like you is a spurs fan .

im uniting in hatred not for the heat per se, but against lebron's smug face anytime he wins. i respected their defense last year but pops snipped their nuts off this time.

i thought they should've given norris cole, beasley, battier, and greg oden (yeah greg oden) more minutes. play a more midrange game and give up on 3 pointers and maybe not play ray allen like hes a point guard. plus battier would eventually get the bullshit calls like he usually does. they sat him after two fouls and that was the end of it which sucked.

i thought they were going to have some kind of game plan with oden the entire time, but nothing. nada. wouldn't the NBA finals be an okay time to play as hard as possible and give those knees a run for their money? whatever. whats that say about spo? what happened the data king of miami? they shouldn't have let mike miller walk. they need to get him back.

last years series was better because it was so close every game but this year they bludgeoned the heat to death and that was awesome. there were moments where you could see how deflating some of those shots were.

Tracer

« Reply #1906 on: June 16, 2014, 01:07:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

im uniting in hatred not for the heat per se, but against lebron's smug face anytime he wins. i respected their defense last year but pops snipped their nuts off this time.

i thought they should've given norris cole, beasley, battier, and greg oden (yeah greg oden) more minutes. play a more midrange game and give up on 3 pointers and maybe not play ray allen like hes a point guard. plus battier would eventually get the bullshit calls like he usually does. they sat him after two fouls and that was the end of it which sucked.

i thought they were going to have some kind of game plan with oden the entire time, but nothing. nada. wouldn't the NBA finals be an okay time to play as hard as possible and give those knees a run for their money? whatever. whats that say about spo? what happened the data king of miami? they shouldn't have let mike miller walk. they need to get him back.

last years series was better because it was so close every game but this year they bludgeoned the heat to death and that was awesome. there were moments where you could see how deflating some of those shots were.
Yes! If I hear one more word/ replay about game 6 last year I'll punch someone. Lets be honest, Miami really misses Mike Miller. They don't have any deadeye shooters outside of Ray, SA has 3-4. Also not sure why Bosh keeps parking behind the line either, him and Wade didn't play like All Stars. I use this word carfully,  but that was a discraceful showing from the 2 times champs.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1907 on: June 16, 2014, 01:16:21 PM »
It was really weird to see how weak the heat looked this year in comparison to last. Offensive options two and three pretty much disappeared with Wade and Bosh looking mediocre at all times and not really finding any place in the offense. Their team defense was also shockingly bad for stretches, especially in comparison to last season when they seemed able to shut down the Spurs ball movement almost at will. Relying so heavily on Lebron turned out to be a serious problem this year, especially as they didn't have the great three-point shooting around him to take some of the pressure off. That Mike Miller trade is looking like a terrible idea now, although honestly the spurs were just significantly better on both ends of the floor.

After 4 consecutive finals appearances is it already time to blow up the big three? Wade's decline appears to be terminal and without getting rid of one or two big contracts they have almost no hope for improving in the short term. I don't think bringing Carmelo over from NY is going to be the answer either.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1908 on: June 16, 2014, 01:32:36 PM »
yeah the heat's biggest strength was their 3 stars overpowering you with talent followed by a supporting cast that drained open shots. Lebron was really the only one who played like that this series, and most everyone else didn't play up to their potential. overall the spurs just had a deeper team & better executed their game plan. It looks like this current Miami team has reached its peak, although i wouldn't be surprised if they all banded back together for that last year & try to avenge themselves the same way the spurs did. i aint gonna lie tho, I've always liked D.Wade (although i can definitely see why some wouldn't) but that image of tiago splitter stuffing his shit on that play in the 3rd is pretty much burned in my mind. when i saw that shit it was like time stopped and I saw his entire career flash before my eyes, lol. all i know is that the offseason just got a whole lot more interesting

Tracer

« Reply #1909 on: June 16, 2014, 06:24:45 PM »
Kevin Love IS leaving minnesota, which could be the final nail in the coffin for Minnesota. Praying he goes to Boston with Rondo/ Green, or New Orleans so he can play with Davis and Anderson.

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #1910 on: June 16, 2014, 09:18:08 PM »
Kevin Love IS leaving minnesota, which could be the final nail in the coffin for Minnesota. Praying he goes to Boston with Rondo/ Green, or New Orleans so he can play with Davis and Anderson.
Bummer, T-wolves are gonna be fucked for even longer if/when he moves.
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #1911 on: June 16, 2014, 09:41:14 PM »

wanted to write in here during most of the playoffs but since I last did it jinxed the game after so didnt want to risk it .Anyways Im going out drinking in london tonigth to celebrate

fuck the heat , James if you cant stand the heat , get out of the kitchen , ironic with the name heat too =p 

I am a bitter Cavs fan, so I would have rooted for almost any team over the Heat, only exception would be the Lakers, as long as Kobe is on that team I wouldn't root for them. I really respect the Spurs because they are a real basketball team in the old fashioned sense, I don't know why more couches don't take cues from them on how to win championships!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #1912 on: June 17, 2014, 03:55:28 AM »
btw , the heat has the worst fans ever . was like under with 10 points in game 3 and they started leaving the arena all sad . Instead of suporting the team  .  and last year they were booing people and giving them the finger .

worst " only there if its going good " crowd ever

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1913 on: June 17, 2014, 06:40:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I am a bitter Cavs fan, so I would have rooted for almost any team over the Heat, only exception would be the Lakers, as long as Kobe is on that team I wouldn't root for them. I really respect the Spurs because they are a real basketball team in the old fashioned sense, I don't know why more couches don't take cues from them on how to win championships!

lol kobe probably raped you with an indy truck

foureyedjim

« Reply #1914 on: June 17, 2014, 04:05:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

sometimes I don't know whether I hate you or love you

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #1915 on: June 17, 2014, 05:34:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

sometimes I don't know whether I hate you or love you

why not both ?

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #1916 on: June 17, 2014, 06:08:43 PM »
Kobe only rapes blonde women!

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #1917 on: June 17, 2014, 09:26:56 PM »
Pat Ewing, Jon Starks, hate Heat and Pacers, didn't watch but glad Spurs won, Raps fan now so fuck Bosh also skateboarder who only wears prods is obviously a heat fan, let us all be skate jocks from here on out I love DGK and capitalism.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #1918 on: June 19, 2014, 03:32:36 AM »
Hahahahaha check out the new Sports Illustrated cover

Leonard got fouled on the play, didn't even posterize Birdman like the pic implies.

Is this is the equivalent of a skate mag running a cover photo of a non make?

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1919 on: June 19, 2014, 03:35:05 AM »
no you idiot