Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 371357 times)

Nick..

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #2010 on: August 15, 2014, 12:15:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Toronto Raptors organization fined 25k because Drake mentioned KD coming to Toronto during OVO fest. That's pretty ridiculous.
[close]

Lmao what's crazy is that when I first saw reports that he did that a few days ago, the FIRST thing I thought was that he was getting fined for it. Drake actually has a position within the organization (I believe its brand ambassador or some shit) so technically he did violate the anti-tampering rules by trying to recruit him
[close]
The #WeTheNorth thing during last year's playoffs, Drake was behind that. The NBA offered to drop the fine if they dropped Drake and they refused. $25k to either the Raptors or Drake is pocket change.
[close]
It's still pathetic what Drake did. It's like saying the Raptors can't build from within, and the team isn't good enough. That's your brand ambassador right there, awful.

Toronto was an 8 foot floater away from winning a series vs the highest payrolled team in NBA history. Drake can fuck off
Yeah, so pathetic that he wants one of his friends, and currently one of the best (if not the best) player in the NBA to play for the team he works for.

The Raptors without Durant are good. The Raptors with Durant in addition to who they have puts them over the top no doubt.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2011 on: August 15, 2014, 02:19:11 PM »
OK everyone, calm down. The Raptors aren't getting Durant anyway.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2012 on: August 15, 2014, 03:17:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Toronto Raptors organization fined 25k because Drake mentioned KD coming to Toronto during OVO fest. That's pretty ridiculous.
[close]

Lmao what's crazy is that when I first saw reports that he did that a few days ago, the FIRST thing I thought was that he was getting fined for it. Drake actually has a position within the organization (I believe its brand ambassador or some shit) so technically he did violate the anti-tampering rules by trying to recruit him
[close]
The #WeTheNorth thing during last year's playoffs, Drake was behind that. The NBA offered to drop the fine if they dropped Drake and they refused. $25k to either the Raptors or Drake is pocket change.
[close]
It's still pathetic what Drake did. It's like saying the Raptors can't build from within, and the team isn't good enough. That's your brand ambassador right there, awful.

Toronto was an 8 foot floater away from winning a series vs the highest payrolled team in NBA history. Drake can fuck off
[close]
Yeah, so pathetic that he wants one of his friends, and currently one of the best (if not the best) player in the NBA to play for the team he works for.

The Raptors without Durant are good. The Raptors with Durant in addition to who they have puts them over the top no doubt.
You're telling me a guy with no rings and 1 finals appearance is the best player in the NBA? Now I've heard it all

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2013 on: August 15, 2014, 04:31:14 PM »
Tracer, you the real MVP.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2014 on: August 24, 2014, 04:49:21 PM »
Minnesota gets Wiggins, Bennett, and Thad Young. They made out like bandits, trading away the worst 4th quarter superstar in the league for all that!!

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #2015 on: August 24, 2014, 05:38:12 PM »
Tracer, you the real MVP.
ant that the truth

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #2016 on: August 26, 2014, 07:28:59 AM »
I'm still not sold on Wiggins I wanna see a full 82 game season from this kid

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #2017 on: August 26, 2014, 09:50:01 AM »
Great thing that you work for the timberwolves front office. Oh wait you don't.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #2018 on: August 26, 2014, 12:28:36 PM »
people hyping up the cavs but on paper they don't seem like they're gonna be a good defensive team to me.

they're gonna make it out of the east but the thunder, spurs, clippers would still give em that work.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #2019 on: August 26, 2014, 01:39:38 PM »
been saying the same thing myself. they'll be an offensive powerhouse for sure but their defense seems very questionable. Also Cavs fans seem to forget that 2 of their big 3 and the head coach have never played an NBA playoff game in their life, so to think they'll win it all in one go seems pretty farfetched. they'll be a dynasty for sure & i can see them winning a ring or two down the line, but that shit aint happening their first year. Even Miami went 9-8 at first.

Im probably fan-biased but if Rose stays out of injury trouble then you gotta take the Bulls in the east. hell, they were 3rd seed last year w/o Rose and now they have their most stacked roster since Thibs came on board. You gotta assume Miami & Indy go down a couple pegs & the Cavs and Wizards are still younger teams so regardless of how the regular-season goes, the Bulls seem to be the most prepared for playoff basketball in terms of overall depth, versatility, experience, & coaching.

Tracer

« Reply #2020 on: August 26, 2014, 03:36:27 PM »
Yall talking about Washington and Chicago gtfo they can't score

The real sleeper in the East is ATLANTA. Very athletic well balanced team, lights out from 3, and Horford is back 100%

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #2021 on: August 26, 2014, 04:13:47 PM »
people hyping up the cavs but on paper they don't seem like they're gonna be a good defensive team to me.

they're gonna make it out of the east but the thunder, spurs, clippers would still give em that work.

shit even dallas, warriors and houston would too... on the east Chicago is going to be the best defensive team especially with rose being back in the lineup so its not going to be a walk in the park of Cleveland.  remember age is a factor and the bench is not as deep.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:15:48 PM by Aatila »

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #2022 on: October 02, 2014, 05:24:48 PM »
Tip-Off in just under a month!! I'm so excited!!

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2023 on: October 06, 2014, 10:35:05 AM »
Pre season tonight.. Lets get the fantasy league up and running soon
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #2024 on: October 06, 2014, 02:44:51 PM »
i was literally thinking to myself as i was walking home from work "preseason starts this week am i rite?"

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #2025 on: October 08, 2014, 07:56:58 AM »

theres a chance lebron is going to help put in pieces of the heat's trapping defense in cleveland, steal some ideas from here and there mix it up. blatt was never known as a defensive genius just an offensive one, maybe tyron lue can fill in those gaps.

McDermott & Mirotic are killing it and Pau had a pretty sick game last night. If anyone is going to give them problems it's the bulls. Heat will be good just from having McRoberts & Bosh as your 1,2 but I don't see them as title contenders this year.

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2026 on: October 08, 2014, 02:59:44 PM »
What are your guy favorites in the east? How about the west? Do you guys think the spurs will make it the finals again?

Tracer

« Reply #2027 on: October 08, 2014, 03:47:06 PM »
NBA doesn't start for another month ffs guys.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #2028 on: October 08, 2014, 04:36:30 PM »
Cavs vs Spurs finals is my guess.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #2029 on: October 08, 2014, 11:40:01 PM »
Klay is lookin all dialed for this season.

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2030 on: October 08, 2014, 11:53:02 PM »

I just RSVP for this and going to the dame the day after.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #2031 on: October 08, 2014, 11:57:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just RSVP for this and going to the dame the day after.

baller. thanks, definitely going.

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #2032 on: October 11, 2014, 04:48:32 AM »
So..are we having a fantasy league this season?

(I'd be happy to have a chance for a back-to-back championship)
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #2033 on: October 11, 2014, 07:49:38 AM »
Yeah I'll reup it. Start sending pm's.

Preseason basketball has been atrociously good. Dirk on the mic last night. When dude retires he should do color for every team on the road.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2034 on: October 11, 2014, 08:50:51 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2035 on: October 12, 2014, 10:12:28 PM »

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
« Reply #2036 on: October 15, 2014, 02:17:43 PM »
Yeah I'll reup it. Start sending pm's.

Preseason basketball has been atrociously good. Dirk on the mic last night. When dude retires he should do color for every team on the road.

Sup with this  bro
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #2037 on: October 16, 2014, 02:03:50 AM »
I assume he needs e-mail addresses to invite us to the league.
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #2038 on: October 16, 2014, 08:48:01 PM »
the end of tonights bulls game was amazing. Jimmy Butler is the best player on the bulls. It wont be just for tonight. ;D

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #2039 on: October 17, 2014, 08:06:30 AM »
Girls I have reactivAted the league if your were in last year you already in and if you want to be in you know the deal. Thinking of a way for everyone to draft. Might do it in this thread just to hurt feelings.