Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 371280 times)

straight

Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #2160 on: January 07, 2015, 07:41:53 PM »
Greg Ostertag of Utah Jazz is on my men's league ice hockey team out here in AZ. He's like 7'6'' with skates on and is actually a pretty funny dude. He sends weekly forwarded emails of ass n titties.

jorge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
« Reply #2161 on: January 07, 2015, 08:07:56 PM »
Hawks win again, good one vs Memphis.  Teague starting to look scary.  Not quite sure why everyone seems to be picking Chicago coming out of the east, since Noah/Rose are never healthy at the same time.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #2162 on: January 08, 2015, 05:05:37 PM »
Hawks win again, good one vs Memphis.  Teague starting to look scary.  Not quite sure why everyone seems to be picking Chicago coming out of the east, since Noah/Rose are never healthy at the same time.
yeah but chicago always makes it to the playoffs without one of them being healthy and does not seem to be affected by missing those players.  Now with gasol gibson in the line up butler playing the best basketball ever.  and rose healthy along with chicagos deep bench and tom thibodeau coaching they are a REALLY strong contender out of the east.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2163 on: January 08, 2015, 05:07:58 PM »
who got a league pass password? i can only watch espn games on apple tv and tnt games on the web with verizon.  Lakers aren't doing much so time warner channel is pointless

jorge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2164 on: January 09, 2015, 06:20:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yeah but chicago always makes it to the playoffs without one of them being healthy and does not seem to be affected by missing those players.  Now with gasol gibson in the line up butler playing the best basketball ever.  and rose healthy along with chicagos deep bench and tom thibodeau coaching they are a REALLY strong contender out of the east.
Agree about Chicago always finding a way in.  But the top of the east is tougher this year, and Rose does not look like the threat he normally is (way too many outside jumpers).  Toronto, Washington, or Atlanta could definitely sneak in this year, Bulls aren't the lock many seem to think they are for the east.  ATL hasn't lost since Thanksgiving and has the best record in the league vs over .500 teams.  And the best 3 point shooter in the NBA.  And no star and a super deep bench, will be able to withstand injuries down the stretch.  Our D is a little suspect but its not crazy to think they can take the east this year.  Celebration will be held at Bell banks.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2165 on: January 09, 2015, 10:03:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hawks win again, good one vs Memphis.� Teague starting to look scary.� Not quite sure why everyone seems to be picking Chicago coming out of the east, since Noah/Rose are never healthy at the same time.
[close]
yeah but chicago always makes it to the playoffs without one of them being healthy and does not seem to be affected by missing those players.� Now with gasol gibson in the line up butler playing the best basketball ever.� and rose healthy along with chicagos deep bench and tom thibodeau coaching they are a REALLY strong contender out of the east.
[close]
Agree about Chicago always finding a way in.� But the top of the east is tougher this year, and Rose does not look like the threat he normally is (way too many outside jumpers).� Toronto, Washington, or Atlanta could definitely sneak in this year, Bulls aren't the lock many seem to think they are for the east.� ATL hasn't lost since Thanksgiving and has the best record in the league vs over .500 teams.� And the best 3 point shooter in the NBA.� And no star and a super deep bench, will be able to withstand injuries down the stretch.� Our D is a little suspect but its not crazy to think they can take the east this year.� Celebration will be held at Bell banks.

i agree.  i dont wanna say that they are going to win the east but its going to be atl tor wsh chi in the semis.  Which is when I'm going to tune back in on the east. my predicition is detroit is gonna sneak in there at the end of the season for a 8th seed.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #2166 on: January 09, 2015, 10:59:09 AM »
Rose is just shaking off the rust as expected. Its not even all-star break yet so he isn't even close to being 100% and we shouldn't expect him to be. He's going through a shooting slump right now but its good that he's just out there stringing consecutive games together & showing that he still does have that athleticism to get the rim when need be. plus even on a bad day he's still pretty clutch. He really do think he Steph Curry with the shot but once he gets his timing back down those pull-up 3's & midrange jumpers are gonna be deadly. He's altering his game and picking his spots more which is good. Plus this is still a very different team than when he first got hurt so the chemistry is only gonna get better. Hawk's are impressive but no superstar and suspect D isn't the best formula for grind-it-out playoff wins. they definitely stepped it up this year tho which is good for whoever is gonna buy the franchise and have all 12 thousand rappers out of atlanta playing the Drake/Toronto role.

Where's bentmode at tho? we need his semi-expert league analysis in here.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #2167 on: January 10, 2015, 01:35:14 AM »
i've been watching basketball since i was a little kid and i've never seen a shot like this before. you gotta love the nba.

JerrySeinfeld

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2168 on: January 10, 2015, 02:12:56 PM »
Any one here fuck with ballstream? It's a website that you pay for that allows you to watch every nba game live via your computer, tablet or phone which you can then stream to an Apple TV or roku et. I've been using it for two seasons, it fucking rules, no black outs

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #2169 on: January 10, 2015, 05:04:56 PM »
I just started using it this season. I like it so much better than league pass.

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #2170 on: January 12, 2015, 04:10:58 PM »
Raps vs Detroit tonight - should be a good one. Detroit's been on that roll and Toronto's been slipping since the last time they played a couple weeks ago:

If James Johnson isn't your favourite Raptor you're mental.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 04:14:51 PM by Bloody Matt »

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2171 on: January 13, 2015, 10:37:50 AM »
Any one here fuck with ballstream? It's a website that you pay for that allows you to watch every nba game live via your computer, tablet or phone which you can then stream to an Apple TV or roku et. I've been using it for two seasons, it fucking rules, no black outs

nah but imma try it tonight tho. Good looking +1

dillanharp

« Reply #2172 on: January 22, 2015, 09:54:54 PM »
http://soundcloud.com/warriors/draymond-green-locker-room-12115

This is all after Harden claimed the Dubs "ain't that good."

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2173 on: January 23, 2015, 08:37:46 PM »
Cavs finally playing good basketball. They destroyed Charlotte, with their biggest halftime lead in franchise history 75-40. 

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2174 on: January 23, 2015, 09:07:49 PM »
Cavs finally playing good basketball. They destroyed Charlotte, with their biggest halftime lead in franchise history 75-40. 

fuck the cavs.

charlotte is awful anyway.

SIXERS almost beat the raptors tonight.....if only anybody could shoot the ball
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

dillanharp

« Reply #2175 on: January 23, 2015, 09:34:36 PM »
God damn Klay!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2176 on: January 23, 2015, 09:35:57 PM »
NBA Record of 37 points in one quarter, 52 total in 32 minutes.

13-13 FG, 9-9 from the 3 point arc. ONE QUARTER, FOLKS.

That is all!!

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2177 on: January 23, 2015, 10:05:23 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Musty_Berrings

• Rep: 17
« Reply #2178 on: January 24, 2015, 02:10:33 AM »
That has to be some of this most impressive basketball I've watched in years, Klay is underrated as hell. The Warriors are something else, the depth of the team is unfuckable with.

mattdun

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2179 on: January 24, 2015, 02:25:45 AM »
That has to be some of this most impressive basketball I've watched in years, Klay is underrated as hell. The Warriors are something else, the depth of the team is unfuckable with.
its not like he went 100% from inside in that third quarter either, they were all hard/contested/ quick shots

Hats off to you Klay, this is going to be one of the most interesting second halves of the season in a very long time. Any one can take the tittle this year

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #2180 on: January 24, 2015, 09:14:54 PM »
god damn the trailblazers give me a heart attack every game.  this fast paced ball they play is so risky but they have endurance like ive never seen an entire team have
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

Uinta High

• Rep: 99
« Reply #2181 on: February 01, 2015, 10:36:02 AM »
I wish the Jazz were better. There is no reason they should be as bad as they are.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #2182 on: February 01, 2015, 09:16:59 PM »
Cavs 10 in a row, finally playing the basketball they should have been all year.

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #2183 on: February 02, 2015, 04:48:05 AM »
Cavs 10 in a row, finally playing the basketball they should have been all year.

They've been trading like crazy, though, no?

jorge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2184 on: February 09, 2015, 06:18:08 PM »
Hawks kinda fucked with em.  Second half wasn't that close.
Not that it matters.  Memphis is coming out of the west, and Atlanta....or (please god no) the Cavs aren't beating them.

Musty_Berrings

• Rep: 17
« Reply #2185 on: February 10, 2015, 07:28:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Not that it matters.  Memphis is coming out of the west, and Atlanta....or (please god no) the Cavs aren't beating them.
I'm not even a warriors or hawks fan but a Warriors Hawks finals would be amazing.

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2186 on: February 10, 2015, 09:40:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I'm not even a warriors or hawks fan but a Warriors Hawks finals would be amazing.

I agree! The warriors have really grown on me this season. Probably my second favorite team in the west.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #2187 on: February 10, 2015, 09:50:50 PM »
quick reminder: Draymond Green

that is all.
#fuckblakegriffin

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #2188 on: February 11, 2015, 07:39:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They've been trading like crazy, though, no?

One big trade, maybe a couple smaller ones.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2189 on: February 16, 2015, 05:15:54 PM »
Amar'e Stoudemire says he's leaving the New York Knicks with a "heavy heart." Now he's looking for an opportunity to join a contender.

The Knicks announced on Monday afternoon that they have waived Stoudemire, who signed a five-year, $99.7 million contract with New York in July 2010.

Pretty interested to see where he goes.