Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 370840 times)

AsianVegan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #2190 on: February 17, 2015, 02:43:07 AM »
Looks like the Mavs. Pretty good low risk, high upside move on their part. I think he can be pretty solid in limited minutes.

JerrySeinfeld

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2191 on: February 17, 2015, 03:40:23 AM »
Looks like the Mavs. Pretty good low risk, high upside move on their part. I think he can be pretty solid in limited minutes.

Knick Fan over here. Its true that he had a heavy price tag and was frequently injured, but minus that, he's a fantastic player to have on your team, it seems like he is getting better with age too, imo anyways, at least smarter when it comes to basketball. He is a bit of a ball hog though in the sense if he happens to get the ball, he never passes, so that helps to know if you're defending him

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2192 on: February 20, 2015, 09:46:42 AM »
annnnd the sixers trade their good players away again.

I get the strategy except that it seems stupid to spend a year and a half developing mcw to then just trade him away.

I think itll bite us in the ass eventually, if not sooner. Also real bummed at losing kj mcdaniels... to the fucking rockets.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #2193 on: February 20, 2015, 11:41:14 AM »
^lol mcw a good player. philly has something like 15 picks over the next five years. i think you'll be alright its not like they were making the playoffs in the next five years.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2194 on: April 01, 2015, 10:24:48 AM »
chris paul pro skater 3

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2195 on: April 02, 2015, 07:56:15 PM »
Golden State looks unbeatable with Bogut and Curry healthy. Its so strange to see both playing great at the same time

No Bogut no chance, he's that good

dillanharp

« Reply #2196 on: April 03, 2015, 09:21:48 AM »
I'll admit I was pissed when we got Bogut for Monte.... I'm cool with it now. We can win without him though.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #2197 on: April 04, 2015, 02:26:13 PM »
A couple days late but, really stoked HB came through with the game winner against the suns. The depth of the dubs bench is remarkable, everyone seems to pull their weight.

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #2198 on: April 04, 2015, 10:45:03 PM »
Golden State looks unbeatable with Bogut and Curry healthy. Its so strange to see both playing great at the same time

No Bogut no chance, he's that good

shut the fuck up tracer u switched your tone a lil bit over the season lol canadians

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2199 on: April 04, 2015, 10:49:03 PM »
I'll admit I was pissed when we got Bogut for Monte.... I'm cool with it now. We can win without him though.
No. GSW need everything to work perfectly, this warrior team hasn't been there before. Curry can dance around and make the highlight reel during the season, it's alot different with Danny Green in your face who can match Curry's shooting.

Warriors are a serious threat to Spurs, but cmon man Spurs are the stone nuts they've been mowing down everyone lately by 20-30 points. Straight rolling to another Finals appearance, I hope it's CLE vs SA that would be amazing.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #2200 on: April 04, 2015, 11:23:32 PM »
Time to hop off the spurs. Going to the finals three consecutive years is a real thing and taxing on the body. The warriors play hard nose defense and when you look at the match ups pop is going to be hate subbing out of sheer frustraion. Its not like the dubs arent deep as it is. What makes this team even more undeniable is that steve kerr has all these guys bought into each other. They play team basketball on the same robotic level that the spurs do and with home court advantage forget about it.

Dubs in 6.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2201 on: April 05, 2015, 12:38:09 AM »
Golden state won like 65% of their games without Bogut this year but you really don't want to lose your primary rim protector/interior defender going into the playoffs.

If they don't win a championship this year they should be kicking themselves. There's no way they're still gonna be 9-10 men deep after this off season (*cough* Draymond *cough* David Lee).

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #2202 on: April 08, 2015, 01:14:18 AM »
You'd think by now people would stop underestimating San Antonio. Every year people start counting the Spurs out, and every year the Spurs prove them wrong. I guarantee no team in the West would be happy matching up to them for 7 in the PO's. 16 consecutive 50 win seasons is phenomenal.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #2203 on: April 09, 2015, 09:26:55 AM »
I think youre, like, wrong, bro. This year everyone is all aboard the spurs train. Years of denial has finally found a market correction. As I stated above multiple playoff and title runs add extra seasons to your career. Timmy prolly has at minimum 25 years worth of nba miles. You cant always count on boris diaw finally playing himself into shape around this time every year. Shots are going to go flat. TP fades in an out of games. The defense is contingent on Kawhai stopping the point of attack. Not happenin for 48 mins in roughly 24 games.

Ill let you guys hop on the bandwagon but im a little skeptical.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2204 on: April 09, 2015, 04:23:45 PM »
I think youre, like, wrong, bro. This year everyone is all aboard the spurs train. Years of denial has finally found a market correction. As I stated above multiple playoff and title runs add extra seasons to your career. Timmy prolly has at minimum 25 years worth of nba miles. You cant always count on boris diaw finally playing himself into shape around this time every year. Shots are going to go flat. TP fades in an out of games. The defense is contingent on Kawhai stopping the point of attack. Not happenin for 48 mins in roughly 24 games.

Ill let you guys hop on the bandwagon but im a little skeptical.

they just fucked the rockets up and will probably steal the 2 seed tommorow.. who else is in the way? If I was forced to bet I'd bet spurs to win the finals. I'd prefer the warriors or hawks though.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #2205 on: April 09, 2015, 05:41:12 PM »
I would never want to play memphis in a 7 game series.

kingpinuser

• Rep: 54
« Reply #2206 on: April 11, 2015, 10:45:08 AM »
Tossing this in and it may never happen but the idea of the no eastern and western conference playoff bracket and just picking the overall top 16 teams to face off. I have been following the NBA religiously since 93 and this has come up a few times but in the last year or so has been talked about more often. 

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #2207 on: April 11, 2015, 11:35:26 AM »
4-point line introduced in the same season.

kingpinuser

• Rep: 54
« Reply #2208 on: April 11, 2015, 12:00:05 PM »
4-point line introduced in the same season.

NBA Jam Hot Spots

Tracer

« Reply #2209 on: April 11, 2015, 12:05:27 PM »
Spurs are just running it right now, Houston would be a dream 1st series contain Harden roll to the easy win. Josh Smith will never win a title, lol Josh Smith

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #2210 on: April 18, 2015, 10:24:44 AM »
NBA Playoffs kicking off north of the border! Gotta get this first game at home vs Washington can't wait to watch AD's playoff debut aswell

Tracer

« Reply #2211 on: April 18, 2015, 11:52:03 PM »
NBA Playoffs kicking off north of the border! Gotta get this first game at home vs Washington can't wait to watch AD's playoff debut aswell
Paul Pierce, killing Toronto forever. Man that guy sure lives up to his nickname, talks mad trash and backs it up

Didn't see any playoffs today, Sundays games are much better. Can't wait to see what CP3 can do vs Parker, and Bostons been playing well maybe they can make it interesting vs Cleve

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2212 on: April 23, 2015, 11:13:01 PM »
MVP

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #2213 on: April 24, 2015, 07:03:13 AM »
MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP

MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP

Tracer

« Reply #2214 on: April 24, 2015, 08:01:22 AM »
20 point comeback in the 4th, unfudging-believable. Davis was basically crying in the postgame conference, I turned off the game because it was "game over" in the 3rd.. whoops

dillanharp

« Reply #2215 on: April 24, 2015, 06:09:13 PM »
Expand Quote
MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP

MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP
[close]

They can't lose at Oracle, this series is done son!

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #2216 on: April 26, 2015, 07:58:18 AM »
Spurs and Memphis can/will defeat Golden State if they meet in the conference finals

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2217 on: April 26, 2015, 03:47:35 PM »
Spurs and Memphis can/will defeat Golden State if they meet in the conference finals
Spurs? Maybe, But Memphis?

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #2218 on: April 27, 2015, 12:45:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Spurs? Maybe, But Memphis?

Did you just start watching basketball this year or you just have forgetten about the last 4 years of basketball?

Tracer

« Reply #2219 on: April 27, 2015, 12:50:50 PM »
Conley is now injured, good game GL Memphis