Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 371403 times)

crackrazor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #2400 on: December 29, 2015, 03:24:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Derrick Rose is back!
[close]

Oh really? You're saying this after a 19 points, 1 assist, 4 turnover performance in a meaningless game a third of the way through the season?

Never change Tracer...

[close]
Rose has been one of the worst players this season, everything he did on Xmas is progress. If Rose can play this well every game they're playing Cleveland in the ECF. Spurs just burnt Denver so that's 17-0 at home  :o

He's lost that explosiveness that he had where he can just burn to the rim on every other possession, but he's still a quality player. I can't believe people were saying he should go to the D league

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2401 on: December 30, 2015, 05:06:30 PM »
I would advise anyone still holding out hope for the Derrick Rose comeback to go look at his basketball-reference page. Despite staying pretty healthy, he's playing even worse this year than in last season's "comeback", averaging 14.4 pts and 5 assists on an eFG of 40% (just a tiny bit better than Kobe's). The blurred vision might account for some of his shooting troubles, but not the consistent poor decision making and chemistry issues while he's on the floor.

Derrick Rose minus the explosiveness is essentially a back-up quality point guard in the NBA. Or maybe a starter on a team looking for lottery picks.

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #2402 on: December 30, 2015, 08:24:23 PM »
I would advise anyone still holding out hope for the Derrick Rose comeback to go look at his basketball-reference page. Despite staying pretty healthy, he's playing even worse this year than in last season's "comeback", averaging 14.4 pts and 5 assists on an eFG of 40% (just a tiny bit better than Kobe's). The blurred vision might account for some of his shooting troubles, but not the consistent poor decision making and chemistry issues while he's on the floor.

Derrick Rose minus the explosiveness is essentially a back-up quality point guard in the NBA. Or maybe a starter on a team looking for lottery picks.

As a Bulls fan, I can tell you that, yes, he's struggled most of the year.  However, this last week or so he's starting to get much better.  He actually hasn't really lost THAT much explosion though, the problem was that since his injuries he's generally stopped driving to the basket as much(as evident in the amount of 3's  he attempted last season.)  The blurred vision/mask played a huge role in this, but, right when he ditched it he started getting into the paint more and more; even if his shot doesn't drop it's still huge because the bigs could clean it up or he could kick it out to the shooters.  His last three games he's been really aggressive (19, 25, 20 pts) and his floater game has been on point -- that's what was killing him most of the season, all of his layups/floaters seemed to be halfway down and then rim out.  He didn't play tonight against Indy, but, it might of been a good thing since Jimmy Butler finally got out of his funk and started making some shots again.  They don't play until Friday so hopefully he can comeback and continue to build on his recent success. 

He can still go end to end with the best of em as evident in the clip here where be rejects Lowry..

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #2403 on: December 30, 2015, 09:12:27 PM »
Definitely get what you're saying ^ Really hope the injury part of DRose's career is over really want to see him reach his full potential as a player maybe even surpass his MVP season one day.
 what do you guys think about the Bulls potentially trading Taj Gibson, Joakim Noah or Pau?

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2404 on: December 30, 2015, 09:35:39 PM »
Definitely get what you're saying ^ Really hope the injury part of DRose's career is over really want to see him reach his full potential as a player maybe even surpass his MVP season one day.
 what do you guys think about the Bulls potentially trading Taj Gibson, Joakim Noah or Pau?

He'll never be MVP again, however, the Bulls don't need him to be either.  That MVP year was overshadowed by the fact that in the ECF against LeBron/Wade/Bosh Rose had to go 1 on 5 because his running mate at SG was Keith Bogans.  Now that he has Jimmy alongside him they just need them to both get 20 PPG. 

As to your question about who to dump.  The rumors are that it's either Taj or Pau - - Personally I'd dump Pau because Taj/Noah can still anchor the defense, also Noah looks completely healthy this season a year removed from knee surgery.  Pau kills the Bulls in pick n roll situations because he's constantly backing up rather than attacking the guy coming off the screen (Stacy King has pointed this out many a time during Bulls broadcasts).  Also, according to reports (take it with a grain of salt) Pau doesn't exactly gel with Jimmy Butler (although to be fair to Pau, Jimmy has done a lot of talking this year and it kinda got him in trouble this past week.) Also Pau is expected to opt out after this season ends.  He is in a way expendable though with the emergence of Bobby Portis who is literally getting better game by game.  
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 09:38:45 PM by six newell »

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2405 on: January 03, 2016, 03:00:35 PM »
Holy shit, Jimmy Buckets! Franchise record 40 points in the second half to come back against Toronto.

foureyedjim

« Reply #2406 on: January 03, 2016, 03:13:02 PM »
That was so clutch on Jimmy's part, while the Raptors throw possessions away on Hero Ball. 

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2407 on: January 03, 2016, 03:45:13 PM »
Holy shit, Jimmy Buckets! Franchise record 40 points in the second half to come back against Toronto.
It's actually Dougy McBuckets, if coach gave him some playing time he may actually develop his game..

Jjimmy is the heart and soul of Chicago, sure we'll see him at ASG.

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2408 on: January 03, 2016, 03:51:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It's actually Dougy McBuckets, if coach gave him some playing time he may actually develop his game..

Jjimmy is the heart and soul of Chicago, sure we'll see him at ASG.

Yea, I'm aware of the Doug's nickname, but, if you'd watch a local Bulls broadcast you would realize that Stacy King coined the phrase "Jimmy G. Buckets...the G stands for GETS."  And as for your comment about playing time the reason Doug hasn't played much the last three games is because he injured his right knee.  He has actually been a pretty valuable contributor off the bench this year.

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #2409 on: January 03, 2016, 09:02:07 PM »
I was at the Toronto vs. Chicago game. Silver lining in seeing your team fall late was watching a performance like that live. I think I jinxed it by nudging my gf and mentioning how quiet Jimmy had been. Pau was a joy to watch too.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #2410 on: January 12, 2016, 11:06:46 AM »
The Spurs will defeat the Warriors in the Western Conf Finals and defeat whom ever emerges from the East

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #2411 on: January 12, 2016, 12:17:05 PM »
The Spurs will defeat the Warriors in the Western Conf Finals and defeat whom ever emerges from the East
Being a lifelong Spurs fan I completely agree with this statement.   Should've happened last year.
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2412 on: January 12, 2016, 05:48:42 PM »
If  Duncan can stay healthy this is very likely. Aldridge proved he needs another big guy to get it done.

Perfect at home, lets simulate the rest of the season and hope the clippers fall off

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 890
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #2413 on: January 14, 2016, 11:24:48 AM »
Was at the nuggets/warriors game last night. Definitely surprised they held out to win even with curry's ridiculous 4th quarter. They definitely didn't look too good early on, especially without draymond green.

I hope the young nuggets players grow a lot this season because they're all pretty good just inconsistent. The west is so hard though, even if they are better next year it's still not guaranteed to get the 8th seed.

foureyedjim

« Reply #2414 on: January 14, 2016, 05:15:27 PM »
Was at the nuggets/warriors game last night. Definitely surprised they held out to win even with curry's ridiculous 4th quarter. They definitely didn't look too good early on, especially without draymond green.

I hope the young nuggets players grow a lot this season because they're all pretty good just inconsistent. The west is so hard though, even if they are better next year it's still not guaranteed to get the 8th seed.

Barton and Arthur are the real deal. 

Tracer

« Reply #2415 on: January 14, 2016, 05:52:13 PM »
Saw that game too, Nurkic is another really good young player. Quick question... What is up with the crowd? They were dead silent almost the entire game.. Denver used to be one of the best fanbases, and the champs come in and they don't go apeshit?? CSN broadcasters kept mentioning it, guess the fans prefer a faster pace? Faried is much more effective when they're running

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2416 on: January 14, 2016, 07:20:39 PM »
God damn Jimmy getting 53!  Although, I will say it should've never taken an effort like that against a team like the 76ers.  Going down 23 to those guys, but, holy shit Jimmy was cooking.  E'twaun Moore was also huge in OT.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2417 on: January 14, 2016, 07:41:23 PM »
God damn Jimmy getting 53!  Although, I will say it should've never taken an effort like that against a team like the 76ers.  Going down 23 to those guys, but, holy shit Jimmy was cooking.  E'twaun Moore was also huge in OT.
and he wasn't even supposed to play today, 10 boards and 6 dimes sheesh

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2418 on: January 14, 2016, 08:58:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
and he wasn't even supposed to play today, 10 boards and 6 dimes sheesh

Yeah, gimpy ankle.  Sucks the game went to OT because we have the Mavs tomorrow on the bright side Rose is said to be back as well as Pau.  Butler won't have to do ALL the heavy lifting then.  I really hope that Derrick and Jimmy can continue to mesh like they have lately; when they're both aggressive it puts so much pressure on the other teams defense and opens up everything for everyone else, they could be such a scary backcourt.

Tracer

« Reply #2419 on: January 14, 2016, 09:17:06 PM »
The sixers are the team to boost your stats, calm down it's not like Jimmy is proud of this. This is a sixers ownership that literally tries to lose, and the Bulls can't blow them out.. embarassing!!!

The lakers publicly said this is kobes year and that takes reign over developing their young rookies. Man some teams in this league are just pathetic!

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2420 on: January 14, 2016, 09:21:25 PM »
The sixers are the team to boost your stats, calm down it's not like Jimmy is proud of this. This is a sixers ownership that literally tries to lose, and the Bulls can't blow them out.. embarassing!!!

The lakers publicly said this is kobes year and that takes reign over developing their young rookies. Man some teams in this league are just pathetic!

Do you even read dude?

Quote from: six newell
Although, I will say it should've never taken an effort like that against a team like the 76ers.  Going down 23 to those guys

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2421 on: January 22, 2016, 06:47:36 PM »
Cavs fired David Blatt today, kinda seems this was Lebrons doing, kinda seems out of the blue, seeing how they're doing well this season.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2422 on: January 25, 2016, 10:16:33 PM »
Dubs with a big win over the Spurs tonight, even though Timmy didn't play I'm still really hyped on this win. A series between those two would be amazing, but nerve wracking as a Golden State Fan.

Tracer

« Reply #2423 on: January 25, 2016, 10:31:53 PM »
Cavs almost lost to Minnesota.. Towns is going to be a serious player. Cleveland is going nowhere they probably wish they kept Wiggins now... Love sucks he's a slug

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #2424 on: January 26, 2016, 05:16:43 AM »
or maybe the cavs just run to most caveman offense in the nba.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2425 on: February 27, 2016, 08:46:10 PM »
Crazy game in OKC tonight.
Dubs played like shit the first half but sent it in to overtime and got the win off a Curry last second 3 from 32 ft out. Curry tied the record for most 3s in game with 12 tonight, he also broke his 3s in a season record tonight, Honestly thought the thunder had this one won with KD going off the whole game, luckily he fouled out in OT.

foureyedjim

« Reply #2426 on: February 27, 2016, 10:54:33 PM »
Oh man...Iguodala...

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2427 on: March 07, 2016, 02:05:12 AM »
Don't sleep on My Raptors we just defeated Portland despite Lillard scoring 50pts and are averaging 1st place offensive efficiency league wide (currently)

Predicting Raps Cavs ECF but either team that advances will be eviscerated by SAS/GSW  obviously hahahahaha
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 02:10:58 AM by EARL***THE***PEARL »

Tracer

« Reply #2428 on: March 07, 2016, 03:46:38 PM »
Don't sleep on My Raptors we just defeated Portland despite Lillard scoring 50pts and are averaging 1st place offensive efficiency league wide (currently)

Predicting Raps Cavs ECF but either team that advances will be eviscerated by SAS/GSW  obviously hahahahaha
That worked out really well last season. You can't be this blind, Raptors are not a good team... They fuckin crumbled vs Houston Sunday evening

Boston would beat TO in a series imo, they are fuckin solid

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2429 on: March 08, 2016, 10:39:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That worked out really well last season. You can't be this blind, Raptors are not a good team... They fuckin crumbled vs Houston Sunday evening

Boston would beat TO in a series imo, they are fuckin solid

We lacked team direction (clear cut leader Lowry) and had nobody to defend the perimeter and played sub par defence.

All of those holes have been filled keep in mind I'm not saying this will happen this what I think (bottom line we're 2.5 games behind Cleveland for top of the East) will happen you can think whatever you want Tracer (Boston is actually legit) we'll see what happens come April