Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 371167 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1428
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #3540 on: May 25, 2021, 10:01:20 AM »
I'm burning sage all over my house and I'm gonna do whatever other kook bullshit i have to in order to exorcize any racist evil demons Donald Sterling cursed this damn team with. Inshallah we shall defeat the Slovenian menace

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3541 on: May 25, 2021, 08:48:59 PM »
Fuck me dude I'm just gonna live post through this game. I'm losing my mind watching it right now. My anxiety is through the roof

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3542 on: May 25, 2021, 09:29:05 PM »
Horrible third quarter. God I hate Luka. If there is a God, he hates us

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3543 on: May 25, 2021, 10:00:12 PM »
This team is fucking cursed. Fuck my life up

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3544 on: May 25, 2021, 10:07:43 PM »
There is no God. There is only despair. This team has no fucking heart. I long for the sweet embrace of death

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #3545 on: May 25, 2021, 10:18:57 PM »
Dear DaleSr,

Romans 8:18

smokecrack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #3546 on: May 25, 2021, 10:26:08 PM »
As a Lakers fan, tonight was a good night.

@DaleSr No disrespect to you, but my main problem with the Clippers started when you guys had CP3, Blake, Deandre, Doc, etc. Us Lakers were trash and the Clippers + their fanbase became so entitled/arrogant (yet never accomplished anything with that stacked team).

Years later, Clippers picked up Kawhi and PG13, Pat Beverly proclaimed in Vegas that the Clippers were going to be champions (we all know what happened with Denver in the bubble).

Now they tank their last few games of the regular season to face Dallas and it bites them in the ass. All that cockiness the last few seasons and y'all aint got shit to show for it.

Keep covering up our Laker banners in our stadium. LA our way? Nah. Go back to San Diego or move the team to Vegas. Los Angeles will ALWAYS be a Laker town.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3547 on: May 25, 2021, 10:52:06 PM »
As a Lakers fan, tonight was a good night.

@DaleSr No disrespect to you, but my main problem with the Clippers started when you guys had CP3, Blake, Deandre, Doc, etc. Us Lakers were trash and the Clippers + their fanbase became so entitled/arrogant (yet never accomplished anything with that stacked team).

Years later, Clippers picked up Kawhi and PG13, Pat Beverly proclaimed in Vegas that the Clippers were going to be champions (we all know what happened with Denver in the bubble).

Now they tank their last few games of the regular season to face Dallas and it bites them in the ass. All that cockiness the last few seasons and y'all aint got shit to show for it.

Keep covering up our Laker banners in our stadium. LA our way? Nah. Go back to San Diego or move the team to Vegas. Los Angeles will ALWAYS be a Laker town.

At least you can't blow a 3-1 lead if you don't win any games 💔

No disrespect to you either but i hate the city of Los Angeles with every fiber of my being. I would sell my soul to the fucking devil to have the Clippers back here in San Diego. But the story of sports in this town or any team even remotely connected to it is absolute desolation and despair. I agree with everything you've said, they shouldn't have ever been in staples center, but this team and it's ugly racist history was owned by one of the most evil and black hearted motherfuckers in the entire state. Just like the Chargers and the Clippers, this entire County is stripped for parts and sold to the highest bidder. Junior, Tony Gwynn, Bill Walton, some of the greatest have given all they have to a city that doesn't deserve it or love them back. I've always passionately loved and devoted myself to these teams and they have never loved me back.

Dear DaleSr,

Romans 8:18

I long for future glory. But like Moses i fear i will die in the wilderness and will never get to see the promised land

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3548 on: May 25, 2021, 11:18:45 PM »
Might wanna find a new team, friend. Maybe whichever team kawhi goes to in free agency.

That team is done done absolutely no chemistry to speak of, and nothing on the interior, and the guard play is mediocre to bad.

Join me in rooting for the sixers, because surely we’ll somehow fuck up this super easy path to the finals
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #3549 on: May 26, 2021, 09:10:04 PM »
Kawhi should guard luka the entire series, I haven't seen it at all. But yeah they have no chemistry no soul, don't see them going too far. They need a kyle lowry type of point guard.

Sixers should walk straight into the finals, if they don't I would like to see who they trade Ben for

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3550 on: May 26, 2021, 11:30:04 PM »
Might wanna find a new team, friend. Maybe whichever team kawhi goes to in free agency.

That team is done done absolutely no chemistry to speak of, and nothing on the interior, and the guard play is mediocre to bad.

Join me in rooting for the sixers, because surely we’ll somehow fuck up this super easy path to the finals

I already did that with the chargers leaving. Started rooting for the saints. The postseason curse followed me

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #3551 on: May 28, 2021, 09:32:28 AM »
LETS GO NYK!

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3552 on: May 28, 2021, 04:10:41 PM »
LETS GO NYK!

kinda want the knicks to win, would be way more entertaining than dismantling the hawks next round
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3553 on: May 29, 2021, 09:56:11 AM »
Well we got a win. So no sweep. That's good i suppose

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3554 on: May 31, 2021, 12:13:57 AM »
2-2 everything is evened up. Please please please let's keep trending in this direction

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #3555 on: May 31, 2021, 11:18:32 PM »
LETS GO NYK!

Trae Youngs stupid face bothers me (though he still didnt deserve to get spat on, that was pretty ridiculous). I had a small amount of hope before the play offs started but the way Knicks have played (even with the game they won) I don't have a lot faith in them to come back :(

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3556 on: June 01, 2021, 08:02:01 AM »
Expand Quote
LETS GO NYK!
[close]

Trae Youngs stupid face bothers me (though he still didnt deserve to get spat on, that was pretty ridiculous). I had a small amount of hope before the play offs started but the way Knicks have played (even with the game they won) I don't have a lot faith in them to come back :(

The fucking fans are getting out of control recently. I mean, i get hella emotional about basketball myself but throwing shit or spitting on a player is unacceptable. Kyrie and Trae young may annoy the shit out of me but there's no excuse to pull some childish shit like throwing garbage at them. Motherfuckers deserve a Ron Artest/StackJack beat down for that

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #3557 on: June 01, 2021, 12:11:56 PM »
Yeah pretty disappointing... also that popcorn throwing asshole...

So i guess Kawhi woke up?

I know it’s basically a wrap, but Memphis played their asses off..

Edit: there’s rumors of arod and company potentially moving the wolves to Seattle when they take over.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 12:28:31 PM by whitemanjazz »
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3558 on: June 01, 2021, 02:12:48 PM »
Yeah pretty disappointing... also that popcorn throwing asshole...

So i guess Kawhi woke up?

I know it’s basically a wrap, but Memphis played their asses off..

Edit: there’s rumors of arod and company potentially moving the wolves to Seattle when they take over.

Kawhiju has awakened.

It's hard to root for another city getting their team taken away and going to a better market, but goddamn i want the sonics back. Seattle has suffered enough from that asshole Clay Bennett burglarizing their team in broad daylight. But i also bet Seattle doesn't want another city to suffer their team being taken from them. They just need to do an expansion already. Give me back my San Diego clippers Steve. Don't build that Inglewood stadium, knock down sports arena and build something beautiful in the ashes

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3559 on: June 01, 2021, 09:52:14 PM »
Brutal fucking loss for the Lakers. I'm not gonna dance on their loss or anything like that, since i just felt my own crushing first two games in the clips series. But fuck, they look pretty bad. AD is probably out for the rest of the series. Schroder is pulling a disappearing job, LeBron can't carry them the same way, and the Suns just look way better

Also of course nuggets/blazers had another 2OT game with insane Dame antics. Mother fucking Dame time is a real thing

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #3560 on: June 01, 2021, 09:56:52 PM »
Brutal fucking loss for the Lakers. I'm not gonna dance on their loss or anything like that, since i just felt my own crushing first two games in the clips series. But fuck, they look pretty bad. AD is probably out for the rest of the series. Schroder is pulling a disappearing job, LeBron can't carry them the same way, and the Suns just look way better

Also of course nuggets/blazers had another 2OT game with insane Dame antics. Mother fucking Dame time is a real thing

Rough game. Switched over to watch Blazers-Nuggets instead. Damn, feel bad for Dame. Man was on fire.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 890
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #3561 on: June 01, 2021, 10:01:17 PM »
Dame had me stressed out for so long tonight, thought the Nugs had it in the bag many times. Happy they pulled it out even if this probably isn't their year without Murray.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3562 on: June 01, 2021, 10:49:11 PM »
There's no one as electric as Dame. He's one of my favorite players to watch. I almost cry every time i watch the rockets game winner. Portland getting to experience their first playoff series win in 11 years.
"They get it to Lillard! He got the shot off! Lillard good!"
Shit gets me emotional

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #3563 on: June 02, 2021, 04:34:12 AM »
Harden with 34/10/10 and only 1 turnover.... fuckin eh man.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #3564 on: June 02, 2021, 07:10:54 AM »
I knew it was going to happen and it is what it is, but RIP my Celtics. Good luck to everyone else who's still in it.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
« Reply #3565 on: June 02, 2021, 08:03:30 AM »
Hawks are not only going to breeze past the Knicks but Philly better be ready and on point for them, especially if Embiid isn't 100%.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3566 on: June 02, 2021, 09:29:22 AM »
I knew it was going to happen and it is what it is, but RIP my Celtics. Good luck to everyone else who's still in it.

Just saw that bread Stevens is gonna replace ainge as head of basketball operations. Now we won't have to hear these dreadful reports every trade deadline about how ainge very nearly completed a trade for someone.

Hawks are not only going to breeze past the Knicks but Philly better be ready and on point for them, especially if Embiid isn't 100%.

I think trae young is going to really not enjoy getting defended by Ben Simmons

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
« Reply #3567 on: June 02, 2021, 09:43:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just saw that bread Stevens is gonna replace ainge as head of basketball operations. Now we won't have to hear these dreadful reports every trade deadline about how ainge very nearly completed a trade for someone.

Expand Quote
[close]

I think trae young is going to really not enjoy getting defended by Ben Simmons
I don't disagree, and I think that Philly is a better team.  But I don't think its going to be the blowout I see others predicting.  Trae is learning that he loves the spotlight, he's going to show up and ATL has shooters all over the floor.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3568 on: June 02, 2021, 10:17:13 AM »
embiid is fine, doc trying to close the series without him (which i think we can do).

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3569 on: June 02, 2021, 11:12:21 AM »
embiid is fine, doc trying to close the series without him (which i think we can do).

Just announced, small lateral meniscus tear. Not good