Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 371164 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1428
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #4110 on: April 06, 2022, 12:14:47 AM »

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4111 on: April 06, 2022, 07:16:32 AM »
damn that’s amazing. Made my day.

KeEp tHaT SaMe EnErGy lol
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4112 on: April 06, 2022, 08:43:32 AM »
damn that’s amazing. Made my day.

KeEp tHaT SaMe EnErGy lol

That quote is going to live on forever. LeBron's cringe posting style always ages poorly. He's such a cornball

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4113 on: April 11, 2022, 06:14:55 AM »
Clippers finish 42-40, longest active streak of winning seasons in the nba at 11. Damn i love this team

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #4114 on: April 11, 2022, 04:00:48 PM »
I bought a Tyrese Maxey rookie card for $1.50 at a flea market today. This card gonna go up in value every year for many years to come

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #4115 on: April 11, 2022, 04:17:19 PM »
https://streamable.com/r1zhga

LAKERS 😂😂😂

Damn. Right in the jugular.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4116 on: April 12, 2022, 11:24:44 AM »
I bought a Tyrese Maxey rookie card for $1.50 at a flea market today. This card gonna go up in value every year for many years to come

I've been trying to get a rated one recently, get outbid every time. somewhere I have some iverson ones from my childhood I wonder how much they're worth.

anyway. first round exit to the raptors is on the menu lol
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4117 on: April 12, 2022, 12:33:46 PM »
On one hand, i feel pretty comfortable with the Clippers chances in this first play in game. On the other, ant Edwards is the real deal. Whatever. I'm gonna rock some clipper gear once i get off work and watch it with my dad

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #4118 on: April 12, 2022, 12:50:00 PM »
Hawks.

Yeah Handsome Johnny is hurt. Yeah the season's been shit.

Trae Young is a psychopath and is absolutely dicking down a team or two

Hawks.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #4119 on: April 12, 2022, 03:40:21 PM »
matisse you fuckin goofy ass

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #4120 on: April 12, 2022, 09:16:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've been trying to get a rated one recently, get outbid every time. somewhere I have some iverson ones from my childhood I wonder how much they're worth.

anyway. first round exit to the raptors is on the menu lol
AI Topps chrome rookie card a holy grail. Theres an AI chrome refractor rated 10 on eBay right now for $250,000!  Hopefully you have one of those. Started collecting again, have to be careful quite addicting.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4121 on: April 12, 2022, 09:43:33 PM »
Damn pat bev just did it to us. Good for them. Let's go kill a bird or a spur

thebacker

« Reply #4122 on: April 13, 2022, 06:55:02 AM »

i havent been this disappointed in quite a while
how are you gonna get 1 shot and then be like "nah this aint for me"

cky enthusiast

« Reply #4123 on: April 13, 2022, 07:17:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i have this dudes jersey for crying out loud

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4124 on: April 13, 2022, 08:47:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i have this dudes jersey for crying out loud

not only that, but if he had gotten the second shot right when canada changed the mandate he would have been covered,

so its ongoing that he thinks he doesn't need the second shot regardless of playoff availability.

cant believe we traded mikal bridges man, fuck.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4125 on: April 13, 2022, 09:54:09 AM »
All i know is those Timberwolves are very good and watching them and the grizz get into a forest rumble is gonna be entertaining as fuck.

We really need kawhi to take this team to the next level. Our role players are solid but you need multiple stars to win in this league.

Also matisse is a total goofy

thebacker

« Reply #4126 on: April 13, 2022, 11:42:59 AM »
All i know is those Timberwolves are very good and watching them and the grizz get into a forest rumble is gonna be entertaining as fuck.

We really need kawhi to take this team to the next level. Our role players are solid but you need multiple stars to win in this league.

i miss watching kawhi, and that's coming from a philly fan

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4127 on: April 13, 2022, 12:19:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i miss watching kawhi, and that's coming from a philly fan

Me too  :'(

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4128 on: April 14, 2022, 01:07:48 PM »
This is when i really hate not having cable…. Between nba playoffs and baseball *sigh*

I hope the nets crush the Celtics so bill Simmons will upload a podcast of him crying the entire time lol

thebacker

« Reply #4129 on: April 14, 2022, 01:40:36 PM »
This is when i really hate not having cable…. Between nba playoffs and baseball *sigh*

I hope the nets crush the Celtics so bill Simmons will upload a podcast of him crying the entire time lol

nba bite dot com

turn on all your adblocks and they also have MLB streams

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4130 on: April 14, 2022, 02:53:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

nba bite dot com

Bless up king

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4131 on: April 14, 2022, 04:33:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

nba bite dot com

[close]

Bless up king

thebacker

« Reply #4132 on: April 15, 2022, 05:39:25 AM »
embiid should have won mvp and the NBA media hates him

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 890
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #4133 on: April 15, 2022, 06:20:08 AM »
MVP this year is a toss up, you can’t deny if Jokic wins it that it’s not deserved. The Nuggets are embarrassingly bad when he’s not playing.

I realistically don’t think the Nugs can pull off a first round upset against the dubs but I’m hoping they can at least make it a competitive series.

thebacker

« Reply #4134 on: April 15, 2022, 06:22:21 AM »
MVP this year is a toss up, you can’t deny if Jokic wins it that it’s not deserved. The Nuggets are embarrassingly bad when he’s not playing.

I realistically don’t think the Nugs can pull off a first round upset against the dubs but I’m hoping they can at least make it a competitive series.

yeah he deserved it but his stats werent really that much better from last year (which if you win back to back it really should be THAT much better)

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4135 on: April 15, 2022, 06:25:40 AM »
Mvp could go to giannis again and i wouldn't be mad. He's almost in that LeBron position where he could have gotten it every year

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #4136 on: April 15, 2022, 10:01:54 AM »
Paul George out tonight with COVID

Somebody check on Dale

rothdigga

• Rep: 575
« Reply #4137 on: April 15, 2022, 10:58:13 AM »

I'm not on here enough to really jump in with ya'll, and I know it's pretty much 100% Laker hate on here, but allow me to add to the Bill Simmons hate. 
One of my favorite moments from the 2010 Lakers title was during that series, Bill Simmons had this ESPN live blog that he was doing.  It was basically live tweeting during the game but on the ESPN mobile site at the time.  He was prolific and was giving live commentary during each game of the finals.  Given that he's a HUGE Celtics honk, he brought his dad to game 7 thinking they would win and celebrate.  Celtics up 13 late in the game, Lakers look like absolute shit, and he's just going on and on about how great a moment this is for him and his dad, that they're going to see the Celtics win another ring and at Staples blah blah blah.  Then as the Lakers slowly comeback, you can just read each single message and how heartbreaking each basket is to him.  God, I drank those tears like they were the fountain of youth!  It was glorious. 

With that, I'm going to enjoy these playoffs without a team to root for and will just be able to relax without a dog in the fight and root for/against whoever.  Really hoping Memphis makes a deep run.  I saw Ja play 2 times this year in LA and a couple times last year also, dude is so much fucking fun to watch. 

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4138 on: April 15, 2022, 02:15:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm not on here enough to really jump in with ya'll, and I know it's pretty much 100% Laker hate on here, but allow me to add to the Bill Simmons hate. 
One of my favorite moments from the 2010 Lakers title was during that series, Bill Simmons had this ESPN live blog that he was doing.  It was basically live tweeting during the game but on the ESPN mobile site at the time.  He was prolific and was giving live commentary during each game of the finals.  Given that he's a HUGE Celtics honk, he brought his dad to game 7 thinking they would win and celebrate.  Celtics up 13 late in the game, Lakers look like absolute shit, and he's just going on and on about how great a moment this is for him and his dad, that they're going to see the Celtics win another ring and at Staples blah blah blah.  Then as the Lakers slowly comeback, you can just read each single message and how heartbreaking each basket is to him.  God, I drank those tears like they were the fountain of youth!  It was glorious. 

With that, I'm going to enjoy these playoffs without a team to root for and will just be able to relax without a dog in the fight and root for/against whoever.  Really hoping Memphis makes a deep run.  I saw Ja play 2 times this year in LA and a couple times last year also, dude is so much fucking fun to watch.

As a sixers fan, right there with you, fuck bill simmons and the celtics.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4139 on: April 15, 2022, 04:13:17 PM »
Paul George out tonight with COVID

Somebody check on Dale

Meh it's been like this all season. Par for the course. Next Mann up!   ;)