Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 370864 times)

RoaryMcTwang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #4620 on: February 08, 2023, 06:11:21 AM »
Like him or no it’s mind boggling that he is still playing at this level. Hats off.

thebacker

« Reply #4621 on: February 08, 2023, 06:23:01 AM »
Like him or no it’s mind boggling that he is still playing at this level. Hats off.

dude has had no huge fall off in his career number wise 5:50 shows his point production vs other greats over their careers\

so insane

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 890
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #4622 on: February 08, 2023, 07:00:20 AM »
Reminded me of when Peyton manning broke the all time passing yards record. He was sucking that game, they were behind and finally moving the ball and stopped the game mid drive to celebrate it. Peyton was pissed because he wanted to just keep playing, then I think within a few plays he was sacked or threw for negative yards to put him back in 2nd (which didn’t last long but still lol).

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #4623 on: February 08, 2023, 07:55:26 AM »
Reminded me of when Peyton manning broke the all time passing yards record. He was sucking that game, they were behind and finally moving the ball and stopped the game mid drive to celebrate it. Peyton was pissed because he wanted to just keep playing, then I think within a few plays he was sacked or threw for negative yards to put him back in 2nd (which didn’t last long but still lol).

You often see it in baseball which tempo-wise makes a little more sense.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1428
« Reply #4624 on: February 08, 2023, 08:33:42 AM »
Having a Drake skit in the middle of the game playing side by side is the exact type of corny shit that we love about LeBron. The fact that it also was in a losing game against a team that's also outside of the play in is the cherry on top.

Seriously though LeBron is one of the best ever, congrats to him for breaking what many thought was an unbreakable record. Corny or not, what he's done is undeniable

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -213
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #4626 on: February 08, 2023, 05:34:26 PM »
splash…

Westbrook in a jazz uni. Bitter irony. Think they’ll buy him out though.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4627 on: February 08, 2023, 05:42:51 PM »
I’ll take him back.  Hell, they brought Howard and Schroeder back

Always thought he got a raw deal with that whole Swaggy P/Iggy Azalea thing considering Kobe ratted out Shaq’s affairs to the cops during his Denver Rape settlement days.   Then again, he was let off the hook for giving himself his own nickname too

slimvanilla

« Reply #4628 on: February 08, 2023, 05:44:59 PM »
Russ in a Jazz uni would shatter my soul. Hoping they buy him out and he goes to the Clips or Heat

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4629 on: February 08, 2023, 06:05:01 PM »
Russ in a Jazz uni would shatter my soul. Hoping they buy him out and he goes to the Clips or Heat

Oh I would love him on the Clips.  Sink that ship (pun intended)

slimvanilla

« Reply #4630 on: February 08, 2023, 06:17:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh I would love him on the Clips.  Sink that ship (pun intended)
he's at least better than Wall and already has some built-in chemistry with PG and Reggie Jackson

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4631 on: February 08, 2023, 09:52:59 PM »
Keep russ far away from the Clippers. Something needs to change, they piss me off with how apathetic everyone is.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 01:20:49 AM by RoaryMcTwang »

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4633 on: February 09, 2023, 12:00:54 AM »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4634 on: February 09, 2023, 02:15:17 AM »
Keep russ far away from the Clippers. Something needs to change, they piss me off with how apathetic everyone is.

You’re the only Clippers fan I support bc I’ve gathered it’s an SD thing, which I respect

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4635 on: February 09, 2023, 04:26:54 AM »
KD to the Suns.

Edit: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35620592/phoenix-suns-acquiring-kevin-durant-blockbuster-deal-brooklyn-nets

The nets are now the island of misfit toys lol… and Ben simmunds ghost.

Still watch them sneak into the playoffs.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4636 on: February 09, 2023, 04:54:55 AM »

The only thing I remember from that article after a few hours have passed is that the nets are now the only team without a single player who averages over 20 points per game.

thebacker

« Reply #4637 on: February 09, 2023, 05:23:22 AM »
the script for this season has been insane

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4638 on: February 09, 2023, 05:59:58 AM »

The saddest irony is that they blew up their starless team with great chemistry and potential to go super team hunting with 3 of the biggest malcontents you could pick and then swap one of the out later for one who’s an even bigger problem

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 890
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #4639 on: February 09, 2023, 07:01:12 AM »
I mean that Nets team with “potential” was a second round exit at best and it was 100% worth the risk to blow it up for Durant/Kyrie at the time.

I’m just hoping the Nugs can brave this storm of Mavs getting a second star, Lakers addition by subtraction and potentially the most stacked roster in the Suns we’ve ever seen. Theyre still the top dogs in the West and should still be the favorites but any one of those (or the Pels/Clippers/Griz) could take them out in 7. Gonna be a gauntlet in the West if everyone is healthy.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4640 on: February 09, 2023, 08:23:56 AM »
In a bizzaro world those guys stay healthy and there’s no off the court stuff then yeah it was worth it. Maybe they make a run. It’s just insane they were only able to play what 30? 40? Games collectively lol

The rockets own their 1st rd picks until 2027, so of course this is pleasing. Not sure the point of tanking in that sense. So what’s next maybe they shoot for a play in spot?

Even after the trades, i still think the nuggets are the best in the west…

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #4641 on: February 09, 2023, 08:32:09 AM »
fuck the suns

bucks gotta do something today

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4642 on: February 09, 2023, 08:32:41 AM »
In a bizzaro world those guys stay healthy and there’s no off the court stuff then yeah it was worth it. Maybe they make a run. It’s just insane they were only able to play what 30? 40? Games collectively lol

The rockets own their 1st rd picks until 2027, so of course this is pleasing. Not sure the point of tanking in that sense. So what’s next maybe they shoot for a play in spot?

Even after the trades, i still think the nuggets are the best in the west…

I think I read KD and Irving played 72 together.   Not sure how many with Harden, too. 

I personally wouldn’t have blown up that Nets team for stars like that.   But I get the marquee attraction.  It’s why my team went with Westbrook instead of players that could make the team better like deRozen or Buddy Hield.   

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4643 on: February 09, 2023, 09:33:47 AM »
fuck the suns

bucks gotta do something today

Looks like it’ll be Jae Crowder

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #4644 on: February 09, 2023, 09:34:11 AM »
Ja still good in the west? 🤔

rothdigga

• Rep: 574
« Reply #4645 on: February 09, 2023, 09:35:22 AM »
Props to LeBron, but having a ceremony in the middle of the game was probably the hardest laugh I had this year so far.
Was there at the game and it was a pretty electric atmosphere.  But...they did the same damn thing when Kareem broke the record back in 1984.  He hit the hook and they stopped the game and did a speech and all that.  It's awkward as fuck.  I thought hitting it at the end of the quarter was actually the best case scenario.  Imagine 3 min left and it's a close game?  That would have been way worse.  Of course the Lakers blew the game horribly and semi-ruined all our good feelings but seeing the shot go down on his first try at the record was beauty. 
Now just praying that those Russ Westbrook rumors to the Clippers come to reality! 

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4646 on: February 09, 2023, 09:59:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You’re the only Clippers fan I support bc I’ve gathered it’s an SD thing, which I respect

It's 100% an SD thing. I've never felt connection to the Lakers. I feel way more connection to deadhead Bill Walton playing for 5,000 people at dirty ass San Diego Sports Arena

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal

thebacker

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4649 on: February 09, 2023, 10:40:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It's 100% an SD thing. I've never felt connection to the Lakers. I feel way more connection to deadhead Bill Walton playing for 5,000 people at dirty ass San Diego Sports Arena
[close]

For sure.   I wish they’d go back there hah

I used to hate the clips in mid00s because it was the team people around me rooted for bc they hated Kobe (no word what they would have done if Kobe actually went to them).  My own personal stance on Kobe is different, so I can’t fault anyone too much now, but it felt like annoying contrarian stance (which is usually the ground I occupy)   

Then I hated them when I moved to LA bc it is the only franchise I’m aware of the exists totally to appeal to people that have moved there/aren’t from CA bc they want to see live basketball but are morally opposed to being lakers fans. 

Pepper in stuff here and there like Blake Griffin winning the Slam Dunk contest over the hood of a KIA, getting Chris Paul after Stern fucked us out of landing him (though in a long view it’s probably a make right for the 2002 Game 6 WCF) and Donald Sterling being a well-known POS looooong before the scandal.   

The game I sat courtside for was Sixers vs Lob City ten years ago. That was a fun one.