Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 371409 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1428
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #4890 on: May 16, 2023, 03:06:36 PM »
Expand Quote

the players should force the owners hands lol get the union involved. Demand 60 or so games. Even worse when the team is charging premium ticket prices for a third string line up…

NCAA is one and done tourney though… in 7 game series maybe seeding, with lesser reg season games, will matter. Especially if you get a series off of some sort…

Maybe it’s a better product maybe not. Just seems like it’ll also reduce injury/fatigue..
[close]

only way the owners would agree to a shorter season is non-guaranteed contracts and players dont want that.

i do question the usefulness of load management, clippers got bounced fast and it feels like it was an unclear benefit to players like anthony davis.

Yeah it's hard to take anything from the clips because we're cursed. Like what lessons are you gonna learn from dark magic?

Also lol doc finally got the can. You're welcome philly

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4891 on: May 16, 2023, 05:28:36 PM »
Color me surprised…the spurs get wemby lol
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #4892 on: May 16, 2023, 05:34:19 PM »

I’ve been having a feeling for months.   First time a generational talent will learn from a generational coach right out the gate

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 439
« Reply #4893 on: May 16, 2023, 09:09:00 PM »
Jokic continuing to put up fantasy numbers, just out of this world. Lakers are for real though, this series is going to be close.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4894 on: May 17, 2023, 09:00:06 AM »

Happy for him. He lands in a good situation with stability

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4895 on: May 17, 2023, 09:07:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And with French history in Parker and sorta Diaw

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #4896 on: May 17, 2023, 09:19:39 AM »
It’s hilarious how well the Draft Lottery worked out for Wemby.

What will be interesting is how Charlotte picks. Scoot seems like the obvious pick but his skill set overlaps with Lamelo’s. Then there’s Brandon Miller who might be a better fit, but his off court drama becomes an issue when they are also trying to quietly bring Miles Bridges back. On top of MJ trying to sell most of his ownership. It’s going to be a crazy summer.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4897 on: May 17, 2023, 10:02:34 AM »
It’s hilarious how well the Draft Lottery worked out for Wemby.

What will be interesting is how Charlotte picks. Scoot seems like the obvious pick but his skill set overlaps with Lamelo’s. Then there’s Brandon Miller who might be a better fit, but his off court drama becomes an issue when they are also trying to quietly bring Miles Bridges back. On top of MJ trying to sell most of his ownership. It’s going to be a crazy summer.

Take scoot and trade Lamelo.   I don’t think much of any Ball Family member and think his ceiling is similar to Trae’s, but before he’s exposed, get some actual players you can assemble a team around

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4898 on: May 17, 2023, 11:02:59 AM »
Outside of Wemb and Scoot, i think this draft will be total crapshoot… hence the stress over the order.

There’s a video of wemby stoked that the rockets got 4th. can’t really blame him. We’ll be much better overall next season, but the Spurs he’ll be the man. They’ll build around his strengths like they did with Duncan.. the Parker connection, Championship pedigree, and Great basketball development.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4899 on: May 17, 2023, 11:21:25 AM »
Outside of Wemb and Scoot, i think this draft will be total crapshoot… hence the stress over the order.

There’s a video of wemby stoked that the rockets got 4th. can’t really blame him. We’ll be much better overall next season, but the Spurs he’ll be the man. They’ll build around his strengths like they did with Duncan.. the Parker connection, Championship pedigree, and Great basketball development.

Unless he pulls Kawhi and benches himself for a year and forces a trade and it deals zero damage to his rep

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4900 on: May 17, 2023, 12:02:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And with French history in Parker and sorta Diaw

Absolutely. They've got great international infrastructure already in place

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4901 on: May 17, 2023, 12:36:22 PM »
Geeze rub it in why don’t y’all…. Jk. I got family in San Antonio. Years and years have had to hear about their success… sigh

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4902 on: May 17, 2023, 12:45:38 PM »
Geeze rub it in why don’t y’all…. Jk. I got family in San Antonio. Years and years have had to hear about their success… sigh

Houston needs to show it knows what to do with a superstar before i ever passively root for them to get one.   

slimvanilla

« Reply #4903 on: May 17, 2023, 10:41:09 PM »

rothdigga

• Rep: 575
« Reply #4904 on: May 18, 2023, 08:44:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
If my Lakers can't figure Denver out, then I FOR SURE want to see a Jimmy Buckets vs Joker finals.  The ratings among non-NBA heads will be trash but the basketball for true fans will be fucking epic.  Joker is playing on such an unreal level that it doesn't matter who guards him at this point, he's just gonna do whatever he wants and Jimmy just has some magic skill to pull from in the playoffs I almost can't believe when it happens.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4905 on: May 18, 2023, 09:32:10 AM »
Expand Quote
If my Lakers can't figure Denver out, then I FOR SURE want to see a Jimmy Buckets vs Joker finals.  The ratings among non-NBA heads will be trash but the basketball for true fans will be fucking epic.  Joker is playing on such an unreal level that it doesn't matter who guards him at this point, he's just gonna do whatever he wants and Jimmy just has some magic skill to pull from in the playoffs I almost can't believe when it happens.

Unspoken is that of course you don’t want to see the Celtics in the finals (I don’t either)

rothdigga

« Reply #4906 on: May 18, 2023, 10:58:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Unspoken is that of course you don’t want to see the Celtics in the finals (I don’t either)
The "team who must not be named" do not belong in the Finals again...ever. 

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4907 on: May 18, 2023, 11:07:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Even if number 18 is won in their faces?

rothdigga

« Reply #4908 on: May 18, 2023, 11:23:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I'm still dealing with PTSD and trying to erase the 2008 finals from my memory, I don't need that stress again.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4909 on: May 18, 2023, 12:06:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I'm still dealing with PTSD and trying to erase the 2008 finals from my memory, I don't need that stress again.

Hah I was at Game 2 at the Garden. I had to deal with the stress of Lakers almost overcoming a 20 point deficit while I was wearing a Lakers jersey

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4910 on: May 18, 2023, 03:03:49 PM »
Adam silver is gonna go Tanya harding mode on joker and Jimmy to ensure we get the Celtics Lakers finals

slimvanilla

« Reply #4911 on: May 18, 2023, 03:43:50 PM »
Adam silver is gonna go Tanya harding mode on joker and Jimmy to ensure we get the Celtics Lakers finals
silver got his precious Lakers v Warriors, now his mouth is absolutely watering thinking about Lakers Celts. can't wait for Jimmy to go missing and Jokic to have his work visa revoked.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 439
« Reply #4912 on: May 18, 2023, 08:17:59 PM »

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 890
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #4913 on: May 18, 2023, 08:49:20 PM »
You get Maple Curry closin games out like that on top of another 20+ point triple double from Jokic you’re fucked. 4th straight game with 20 point triple double too.

Hot DAMN I love seeing this.

Also Lebron was comically bad this game, these games on one day rest will make it harder for the Lakers to win 4 of the next 5.

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #4914 on: May 18, 2023, 09:39:59 PM »
You get Maple Curry closin games out like that on top of another 20+ point triple double from Jokic you’re fucked. 4th straight game with 20 point triple double too.

Hot DAMN I love seeing this.

Also Lebron was comically bad this game, these games on one day rest will make it harder for the Lakers to win 4 of the next 5.

I don't know if Lakers are toasted but they already had an AD 40 point, Rui can't miss and a pretty good reaves game and still didn't win. Lebron finally looks like a 38yo dude, took a lot of bad 3s and that missed dunk was some javale McGee shit.

changed1

« Reply #4915 on: May 18, 2023, 09:50:01 PM »
Murray really the goat

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4916 on: May 18, 2023, 10:17:45 PM »

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4917 on: May 19, 2023, 04:28:12 AM »
Joker is on one…. Definitely must’ve worked on his conditioning in the off season. Plus a healthy Murray..

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #4918 on: May 19, 2023, 07:59:24 PM »
Letting Butler fuck Grant Williams up for 5 minutes might’ve been the worst coaching I’ve seen in years lmao.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #4919 on: May 19, 2023, 08:40:38 PM »
Letting Butler fuck Grant Williams up for 5 minutes might’ve been the worst coaching I’ve seen in years lmao.
i love the intensity from grant but jesus fucking christ talk about fucking around and finding out. you don't stir the hornet's nest that is jimmy butler. i'm not watching game 3. i can't take the pain of being a celtics fan anymore.