Author Topic: The Deathwish Video  (Read 143723 times)

Morty Seinfeld

Re: The Deathwish Video
« Reply #300 on: March 31, 2013, 05:15:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm not hearing nearly enough about Erik Ellington or Lizard King. What's up with Pat Rumney or that Kirby kid? Did Aleks Lewandoski edit this?
[close]

Kirby and Rumney didn't have parts, which was the only thing I can say I was bummed on cause I was looking forward to both of em.  Lizard King had first part and it was fucked, He had some crazy stuff, one foot front board a big hubba, front nose the hollywood 16, and on that ditch spot that Colin Provost had the Emerica front blunt ad, he did wallie up to nosemanual and dropped back in, a lot of crazy lines too. Ellington really came through too. Sick lines, the classic big spin, bigspin front board shuv on a rail, pressure flip the library gap, hardflipped the tripple set in LA and switch flip front lip a rail. They both had a lot of other crazy shit too its hard to to take all that in at a premiere.

In the credits it said filmed by Aleks Lewandoski and edited by Jon Miner and Dennis Martin and a few other people. Stoked Miner worked on this video, so you know its good.
[close]

Rumney and Kirby's parts are going on the DVD. Pat had knee surgery and been hurt for the last year and Kirby just put out that shepdawgs part so didnt have alot of footage. They are going to make like an introducing thing with whatever footage they have on the DVD.

any idea when the dvd comes out?

yeahmmm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -23
« Reply #301 on: March 31, 2013, 05:27:21 PM »
jon dickson looked pretty bummed about turning pro

frankwinslow

• Rep: 4
« Reply #302 on: March 31, 2013, 05:43:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm not hearing nearly enough about Erik Ellington or Lizard King. What's up with Pat Rumney or that Kirby kid? Did Aleks Lewandoski edit this?
[close]

Kirby and Rumney didn't have parts, which was the only thing I can say I was bummed on cause I was looking forward to both of em.  Lizard King had first part and it was fucked, He had some crazy stuff, one foot front board a big hubba, front nose the hollywood 16, and on that ditch spot that Colin Provost had the Emerica front blunt ad, he did wallie up to nosemanual and dropped back in, a lot of crazy lines too. Ellington really came through too. Sick lines, the classic big spin, bigspin front board shuv on a rail, pressure flip the library gap, hardflipped the tripple set in LA and switch flip front lip a rail. They both had a lot of other crazy shit too its hard to to take all that in at a premiere.

In the credits it said filmed by Aleks Lewandoski and edited by Jon Miner and Dennis Martin and a few other people. Stoked Miner worked on this video, so you know its good.
[close]

Rumney and Kirby's parts are going on the DVD. Pat had knee surgery and been hurt for the last year and Kirby just put out that shepdawgs part so didnt have alot of footage. They are going to make like an introducing thing with whatever footage they have on the DVD.
[close]

Like 2 or 3 weeks

ny1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #303 on: March 31, 2013, 06:08:31 PM »
April 21 - iTunes / DVD

[/quote]

zoltan

« Reply #304 on: March 31, 2013, 06:10:32 PM »
so Dickson has last part actually? I'm surprised by that, especially since no ones said a trick of his that stood out in here yet

every trick he does is gnarly. im sure it will be like leos part in stay gold, where basically not trick is a "filler"

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #305 on: March 31, 2013, 06:30:08 PM »

phelper sneaking up n stage to steal the board and throw it into the crowd was so fucking rad

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -147
« Reply #306 on: March 31, 2013, 07:29:37 PM »
tracklist?

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #307 on: March 31, 2013, 07:39:03 PM »
I love Ellington. Every part since "this is skateboarding" ive thought he was going to slow down. It warms my heart to know that he is still putting out quality parts.

Chron Artest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #308 on: March 31, 2013, 08:26:47 PM »
Greco's part should of been ender. it was seriously insane.

qbert

• Rep: 5
« Reply #309 on: March 31, 2013, 08:34:47 PM »

dank scorpio

« Reply #310 on: March 31, 2013, 10:27:13 PM »
kind of off topic and shitty description, but does anyone know where the footage is of reynolds varial heel down this big circular cement 6 block pit thing with a wall shortly after the landing? antwuan switch heeled the same one and the reynolds sequence was in thrasher a while back in a mini article called "that's my shit" or something like that. i can't find it anywhere and the sequence looked awesome.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #311 on: March 31, 2013, 11:18:29 PM »
kind of off topic and shitty description, but does anyone know where the footage is of reynolds varial heel down this big circular cement 6 block pit thing with a wall shortly after the landing? antwuan switch heeled the same one and the reynolds sequence was in thrasher a while back in a mini article called "that's my shit" or something like that. i can't find it anywhere and the sequence looked awesome.
I know exactly what you're talking about but have never seen the footage. I think that thing is in Denver or something? I dunno. Super stoked to see this video though. ELLINGTON!!!

im probably lying

Lordata

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • Still Skating at 28, Hailey, Idaho area
« Reply #312 on: March 31, 2013, 11:28:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I know exactly what you're talking about but have never seen the footage. I think that thing is in Denver or something? I dunno. Super stoked to see this video though. ELLINGTON!!!
It's in Salt Lake, I have the Supra poster of Antwuan on my wall.
Can't wait to see this video, hoping there are more premiers soon so we get more spoilers. (on the note of spoilers, were any posted from the new creature video premier? I missed that thread).

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #313 on: March 31, 2013, 11:59:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
It's in Salt Lake, I have the Supra poster of Antwuan on my wall.
Can't wait to see this video, hoping there are more premiers soon so we get more spoilers. (on the note of spoilers, were any posted from the new creature video premier? I missed that thread).
bouth the varial heel and sw heel of twuan are in the baker deathwish tour video that came out a while ago- the one with all these anwuan fights...

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #314 on: April 01, 2013, 12:01:18 AM »
here it is...

varial heel s at 5.20
sw heel 24.20
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 12:03:24 AM by zuma »

Southerngold

• Rep: -7
« Reply #315 on: April 01, 2013, 02:14:00 AM »
how was furby's part? interested

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #316 on: April 01, 2013, 07:16:51 AM »
more music spoilers? any rap music?

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #317 on: April 01, 2013, 09:00:34 AM »
jon dickson looked pretty bummed about turning pro

possibly the quality of the roller derby girls. you only turn pro once yotpo

Hannity

« Reply #318 on: April 01, 2013, 10:06:32 AM »
pretty interesting to see how controlled this premier is compared to bake and destroy. wonder if LA city officials got on their backs after that one

CatchMyFADE

• Rep: 17
« Reply #319 on: April 01, 2013, 10:23:07 AM »
more music spoilers? any rap music?

Furby skated to "murder was the case" pretty heavy video overall.

FancyHerling

« Reply #320 on: April 01, 2013, 11:40:13 AM »
Was not a furby fan at all, now am.  his part killed it, he stuck to skating down big shit.  Lizard's part was thoroughly disappointing.  He had some heavy shit in there, fs nose hollywood was fucking perfect.  I expected way more from Neen, pretty much the same old stuff.  But still pretty fuckin good.  Friends section killed it.  Ben Woosley (Mr new mex) early grab bs 5050 hollywood 12, can't even fathom that.  Ellington did great stuff, ss flip lip and bigspin fs board shuv were super tight.  Greco did some great stuff, but his use of ramps and fake rails ruined his part for me.  Slash killed it, typical slash tricks until that full cab nose.  Dickson killed it, he grinds gnarly shit, skates the biggest stuff, and is just powerful on a skateboard.  Moose had best part hands down, he needs a board. Kickflip bs tail to regs and fakie the rail marquis preston bs tails in stay gold.  His hammer section of his part was just that, switch flip a 15 or 16, nollie flip 15, nollie heel bs 5050 rails.  Insane.  That Kirby kid looked so bummed afterwards, doubt he knew that he wasn't having a part.

zoltan

« Reply #321 on: April 01, 2013, 11:42:50 AM »
pretty interesting to see how controlled this premier is compared to bake and destroy. wonder if LA city officials got on their backs after that one

because this one wasnt open to the public, it was invite only, you had to get a ticket through some connect or if you are a shop owner/manager

drowe1

• Rep: -16
« Reply #322 on: April 01, 2013, 01:34:40 PM »
Amazing video, everyone killed it.
I will add that a lot of the editing was edited really quickly like an old zero video. Like right when the land it goes straight to the next trick.

CatchMyFADE

• Rep: 17
« Reply #323 on: April 01, 2013, 02:17:38 PM »
Expand Quote
I will add that a lot of the editing was edited really quickly like an old zero video. Like right when the land it goes straight to the next trick.
[close]

exactly how i pictured the shit

only makes the stoke increase

thought the editing was sick, def makes it stand out on it's own & not just another baker related video.

micky682

« Reply #324 on: April 01, 2013, 03:35:14 PM »
Can someone give Moose a official shoe sponsor already? His part was sick, definitely deserves to go pro.

Harem

« Reply #325 on: April 01, 2013, 05:59:26 PM »
Can I pre-order a physical copy online somewhere?

Hannity

« Reply #326 on: April 02, 2013, 12:49:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

exactly how i pictured the shit

only makes the stoke increase
yeah i like the quick pace of a casual hammer part like that, like you have to slow mo for yourself to appreciate

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #327 on: April 02, 2013, 12:59:00 AM »
I was sure that Jon Dickson and Moose would both go co-pro at the premier... Moose definitely deserves to have his name on a board just as much as Dickson does.

« Reply #328 on: April 02, 2013, 01:46:04 AM »
Not to mention Moose comes from shit and Dickson probably comes from money.

Just saying.

ontheswarm

« Reply #329 on: April 02, 2013, 01:57:48 AM »
Really hyped to hear it was fast like an old zero video. Feel like there will be nothing disappointing about this video.