Author Topic: The Deathwish Video  (Read 143736 times)

zoltan

Re: The Deathwish Video
« Reply #360 on: April 03, 2013, 12:15:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Is JS Lapierre in dis?
[close]

No. I'm almost positive that he got dropped from them a while back

if so good. that dude is way too sick for deathwish. same with taylor kirby

darkslideoftheforce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #361 on: April 03, 2013, 12:19:11 PM »
How gnarly was Dickson's part? I'm just wondering because not a single trick of his has been mentioned in this thread.

And how was the soundtrack?

Skate Daily

• Rep: -15
  • www.Freeryderapparel.com
    • FreeRyder avatar image
« Reply #362 on: April 03, 2013, 12:31:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Well I for one think it will be interesting to see how they will attempt to distinguish the Deathwish video(s) from the Baker aesthetic and style. But who knows, maybe they wont at all
[close]
Yeah, it will be cool to see what they do differently. Obviously they have a different editor, it would be lacking creativity if he just picked up the baker video aesthetic. They are paying him for his ideas, so I hope he shines.

Too bad that recently there was the post saying that if Antwuan wants to have a full part in the video, that's up to him. They would be the ones to know if he had a full part worth of footage, and their uncertainty bums me out. I'm sure he will have some tricks though, and really am hoping for the full deal.
[close]
Don't you read Slap? He's not on the team anymore.
[close]
On Deathwish's facebook they discussed the rumor and that Antwuan's still on the team. The twitter account saying all the LE stuff was fake.
[close]
Well he's not in that cartoon ad that keeps showing up at the top of the page
[close]

because he doesn't have a pro board out
[close]
If he's really still on and doesn't have a pro board then thats the dumbest shit I ever heard. As popular as he is just on here I would imagine his boards would fly off the shelves.

When Antwuan was first put on Deathwish he had a pro board out he just fucked up so much that he got suspended from the team until he straightened up and they haven't printed a pro model since. Him having a part in the video maybe but the premier was the other day so im sure we will all know soom

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #363 on: April 03, 2013, 06:25:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Well I for one think it will be interesting to see how they will attempt to distinguish the Deathwish video(s) from the Baker aesthetic and style. But who knows, maybe they wont at all
[close]
Yeah, it will be cool to see what they do differently. Obviously they have a different editor, it would be lacking creativity if he just picked up the baker video aesthetic. They are paying him for his ideas, so I hope he shines.

Too bad that recently there was the post saying that if Antwuan wants to have a full part in the video, that's up to him. They would be the ones to know if he had a full part worth of footage, and their uncertainty bums me out. I'm sure he will have some tricks though, and really am hoping for the full deal.
[close]
[close]
On Deathwish's facebook they discussed the rumor and that Antwuan's still on the team. The twitter account saying all the LE stuff was fake.
[close]
[close]

[close]
If he's really still on and doesn't have a pro board then thats the dumbest shit I ever heard. As popular as he is just on here I would imagine his boards would fly off the shelves.
[close]

When Antwuan was first put on Deathwish he had a pro board out he just fucked up so much that he got suspended from the team until he straightened up and they haven't printed a pro model since. Him having a part in the video maybe but the premier was the other day so im sure we will all know soom
Dang, there's the inside scoop folks. 
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #364 on: April 03, 2013, 07:27:13 PM »
How gnarly was Dickson's part? I'm just wondering because not a single trick of his has been mentioned in this thread.

i heard he kickflip back tailed that tall flat bar spot in a line. The one that Gilbert kickflip front 5050'd in the cinematographer project

shit_for_brains

« Reply #365 on: April 03, 2013, 07:34:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i heard he kickflip back tailed that tall flat bar spot in a line. The one that Gilbert kickflip front 5050'd in the cinematographer project

That sort of handicap ramp/sort of flatbar one?

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #366 on: April 03, 2013, 07:45:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That sort of handicap ramp/sort of flatbar one?

yeah with that pole that you've kinda gotta gap past to skate

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #367 on: April 03, 2013, 10:15:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Really? What about this one?
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #368 on: April 03, 2013, 11:12:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

i'm pretty sure he meant an antwuan board. does anybody know the soundtrack? mainly interested in slash, dickson & ellington's.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #369 on: April 03, 2013, 11:40:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
i'm pretty sure he meant an antwuan board. does anybody know the soundtrack? mainly interested in slash, dickson & ellington's.
I thought he meant they were gun shy after turning Antuwan pro, so they'd backed off making anyone pro.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #370 on: April 04, 2013, 05:21:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
I thought he meant they were gun shy after turning Antuwan pro, so they'd backed off making anyone pro.
i think furby turned pro after twuan too

Harem

« Reply #371 on: April 04, 2013, 06:27:13 AM »
Antwaun is still on DEATHWISH

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #372 on: April 04, 2013, 06:38:53 AM »
Word on the street is Antwan is on LE. 

I just wish someone would post a video interview with someone on Deathwish either confirming or denying this...

Let's talk about this some more...

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3383
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #373 on: April 04, 2013, 04:50:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Unbridled Technical Precision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.
« Reply #374 on: April 04, 2013, 04:54:16 PM »
woah, colored text. you got my attention fag

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #375 on: April 04, 2013, 04:59:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is JS Lapierre in dis?
[close]

No. I'm almost positive that he got dropped from them a while back
[close]

if so good. that dude is way too sick for deathwish. same with taylor kirby
taylor kid is booboo

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #376 on: April 06, 2013, 10:21:45 AM »
Anyone have a link/ torrent/ download yet?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #377 on: April 06, 2013, 10:30:29 AM »

I just wish someone would post a video interview with someone on Deathwish either confirming or denying this...

The post right above yours is someone on Deathwish denying that.

Will Easley

« Reply #378 on: April 06, 2013, 10:35:31 AM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=65922.msg1886299#msg1886299 date=1365268905
Anyone have a link/ torrent/ download yet?

retail video isnt even out yet so thats doubtful unless somebody films it on some bootleg shit during a premier

reallygudsk8rkid

• Rep: -41
  • Don't Look Before You Leap
« Reply #379 on: April 06, 2013, 12:46:54 PM »
Nothing like a Baker video, totally its own style. kinda B-movie style.
Lizard had first part
Furby kills it flippin shit left and right over the biggest sets.
Neens part is nothing but hammers and I think he skates to the cramps. He heelflip bs5050's down wilshire 10
Ellington skates to a slower jam
Moose skates to Moonage Daydream seems like he used a lot of his footage in the bones video
Slash's part is fucking awesome, and has the best ender ever.
Grecos part is a total mind fuck darkslides left and right and psycho handrail manuevers plus big ass flip tricks.
Jon Dickson is gnarly with the most insane style to his tricks. def best part

ps. Erik Ellington said on his free lunch that Antwuan is still on, but has no part, but skateparkoftampa.com says he's on LE, and they usually know shit that's going on. So idk, maybe Antwuan isn't really going for any sponsors.

reallygudsk8rkid

• Rep: -41
  • Don't Look Before You Leap
« Reply #380 on: April 06, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »
Oh yeah and the ender of the friends section is early melon grab back 5050 down hollywood 12

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #381 on: April 06, 2013, 05:47:36 PM »
Oh yeah and the ender of the friends section is early melon grab back 5050 down hollywood 12
I remember a poster on here saying that someone pulled an early grab 50-50 down the Hollywood 12. I thought it was a joke...
Who actually does this trick?

FancyHerling

« Reply #382 on: April 06, 2013, 06:08:11 PM »
Ben Woosley does the early grab bs 5050. Insane!

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #383 on: April 06, 2013, 10:54:47 PM »
From the sounds of it booth moose and Dixon deserve to be pro more than Neen.

However after seeing moose's recruited alone inthinknhe deserves to be pro.

GatorsGhost

• Rep: 116
    • Chilogy avatar image
« Reply #384 on: April 06, 2013, 11:11:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I remember a poster on here saying that someone pulled an early grab 50-50 down the Hollywood 12. I thought it was a joke...
Who actually does this trick?
As Herling said, it's Mr. New Mexico.  That trick is really hard to wrap your head around.  He does one here at 2:00

j mewborn

• Rep: 0
« Reply #385 on: April 06, 2013, 11:13:55 PM »
are there any tricks that stand out in jon dicksons part that you remember?...besides his ender

drowe1

• Rep: -16
« Reply #386 on: April 07, 2013, 12:10:45 AM »
are there any tricks that stand out in jon dicksons part that you remember?...besides his ender
nollie bs flip lip the jkwon rail in a line I think, kickflip crook la Canada tall 11 rail, bs 360 off the ledge into the steep bank that people have been skating lizard had a ad.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #387 on: April 07, 2013, 09:09:44 AM »

ps. Erik Ellington said on his free lunch that Antwuan is still on, but has no part, but skateparkoftampa.com says he's on LE, and they usually know shit that's going on. So idk, maybe Antwuan isn't really going for any sponsors.

Who needs Antwuan when you can just watch Kevin Romar

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #388 on: April 07, 2013, 11:02:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The post right above yours is someone on Deathwish denying that.

Yeah, that's the gag. 

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #389 on: April 07, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Who needs Antwuan when you can just watch Kevin Romar
Antwuan has style.  Romar's bow legged short guy look isn't as visually pleasing.