Author Topic: The Deathwish Video  (Read 143730 times)

frankwinslow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Re: The Deathwish Video
« Reply #420 on: April 16, 2013, 08:45:47 PM »
I remember hearing someone say that Pat and Kirby share a part in the bonus section...

Yeah exactly. From what I was told, Kirby used all his footage for the shepdawgs vid and only had like 20 seconds and pat got hurt last year and had knee surgery and had like 2 minutes so it wouldnt of looked right to introduce 2 new ams and have them share a part with not enough footage when everyone else in the video has like 6 minute insane parts

Get Fucked

• Rep: -6
  • i hope you die
« Reply #421 on: April 17, 2013, 12:45:07 PM »
damn looks like they took that Moose Back 3 down pretty quick... Does anyone have a physical copy of the video yet???

shit_for_brains

« Reply #422 on: April 17, 2013, 01:43:26 PM »
I'd be bummed if I had a good trick in an adio shirt

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #423 on: April 17, 2013, 02:33:19 PM »
and a Neff beanie.

carlwinslow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #424 on: April 19, 2013, 12:34:16 PM »
the iTunes description for the video is brilliant.. fantastic prose, energetic tone, and i can't wait to see lizard king get assaulted by that skatepark ledge in 1080p--crystal effing clear. pregaming with adam dyet and a bag of angel dust GET WOAH YEAH!

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #425 on: April 19, 2013, 06:29:39 PM »
going to the premiere at Cowtown in a few hours. can't wait.

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #426 on: April 19, 2013, 06:48:59 PM »
going to the premiere at Cowtown in a few hours. can't wait.

ill be there too. ill be the one with really long hair.

micky682

« Reply #427 on: April 19, 2013, 07:44:00 PM »
After watching the video at Pitcrew all I can say is Jim Greco PART OF THE YEAR.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #428 on: April 19, 2013, 07:56:44 PM »
Are they selling copies at the premieres, or do they have to wait till the 21st? There is a local premiere on sat, and I'll go if they will sell the dvd.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #429 on: April 19, 2013, 08:17:12 PM »
They should be selling the DVD, I got my copy at the premiere.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #430 on: April 19, 2013, 10:24:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
and a Neff beanie.

And a Deathwish board.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #431 on: April 19, 2013, 10:35:40 PM »
Homie from South Shore Dist. called me today and said they were getting it on Monday so most shops should have hard copies in next week.

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #432 on: April 19, 2013, 10:51:23 PM »
the packaging for the DVD itself is really fucking great too, high quality photos/timeline stuff of the inception of the brand leading til now, and a funny pop-up book style shot of them riding in the fucked up cadillac

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 551
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #433 on: April 20, 2013, 04:14:49 AM »
So stoked on the vid, Dickson had a killer part and seems like a nice dude from what i saw tonight. i dunno where slash was but i only saw him right at the end at the product toss..

smellofdeath2

• Rep: 24
« Reply #434 on: April 20, 2013, 04:56:20 AM »
Hansen, Greco, Ellington and Dickson were stand outs I thought.

Greco's part seems like it's full of homages to other pro's parts - Rodney Mullen, Klein, Mariano etc.
Hyped to see it again.

Pretty sure Antwuan had 2 tricks - a gap one and a picnic table trick but it's hard to remember from a premiere.

chocolate17

« Reply #435 on: April 20, 2013, 05:17:26 AM »
Fuck I hope they put it out a day early on itunes as a 4/20 gift that would be so fucking tight, in the 8 years i've been fiending skating this is probably the most hyped i've been to see a video

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #436 on: April 20, 2013, 05:35:09 AM »
Saw it earlier today. Lizard King and Neen had my favorite parts. Was hyped to see Antwuan's two tricks in there, thought he wasn't gonna have anything at all. Dickson's ender was bonkers.

ny1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #437 on: April 20, 2013, 05:46:07 AM »
Fuck I hope they put it out a day early on itunes as a 4/20 gift that would be so fucking tight, in the 8 years i've been fiending skating this is probably the most hyped i've been to see a video

9 PM PST it will be out:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/deathwish-video-deathwish/id635160589

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #438 on: April 20, 2013, 06:44:22 AM »
Hansen, Greco, Ellington and Dickson were stand outs I thought.

Greco's part seems like it's full of homages to other pro's parts - Rodney Mullen, Klein, Mariano etc.
Hyped to see it again.

Pretty sure Antwuan had 2 tricks - a gap one and a picnic table trick but it's hard to remember from a premiere.
yeah all the darkslides were definitely Mullen, there was few Mariano type bank to ledge tricks, tons of Jeremy Klein homages all the obvious ones but my favorite was a little more obscure, it was when he parked the front corner of the car next to the kicker and ollied over it which i think was Jeremy Kleins second to last trick in untitled.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #439 on: April 20, 2013, 08:09:18 AM »
I can not stress enough how good everyone's parts in this video were. My favorite was by far Jim Greco's part. The bank to bench tricks and different darkslide variations were so good. There were fastplants, handrails, jumping down the gnarliest shit he could think of. Nollie backside flip down Carlsbad was only the fifth trick in his part. That's how good everything else was. In my opinion he should've had last part, but I definitely understand why Jon Dickson had it instead.

Lizard kickflip firecrackered the bottom stairs at the Santa Monica Triple.

Moose runs into the fence on the Back 3 at Hollywood High.

Didn't Ellington have an interview about 5 years ago where he switch frontside flipped the Santa Monica High 14? Where was that footage?

micky682

« Reply #440 on: April 20, 2013, 09:40:04 AM »
I can not stress enough how good everyone's parts in this video were. My favorite was by far Jim Greco's part. The bank to bench tricks and different darkslide variations were so good. There were fastplants, handrails, jumping down the gnarliest shit he could think of. Nollie backside flip down Carlsbad was only the fifth trick in his part. That's how good everything else was. In my opinion he should've had last part, but I definitely understand why Jon Dickson had it instead.

Didn't Ellington have an interview about 5 years ago where he switch frontside flipped the Santa Monica High 14? Where was that footage?
I've noticed that a lot of tricks in ads throughout the years weren't in the vid. Ex: Neen's heelfip down the gap Lenoce sw ollied, Dickson's overalls sw fs flip, etc.

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #441 on: April 20, 2013, 09:45:16 AM »
jim greco had a gnary part, i came to the premiere hoping to see a gigantic nolliebsflip and i was psyched. but im surpirsed most people arent talkin about that furby dudes part. he went so fucking big and imo he was doing some of the most difficult stuff in this video (im not a fan of his style, or trick selection really, but he was doing such hard shit) also neen has gotten even better in the style dept. if that was even possible. lizards part wasnt nearly as crazy as i was expecting, but still was awesome nonetheless. dickson killed it for sure but def dont think it was my favorite part in the vid.
try to remember, forget

Get Fucked

• Rep: -6
  • i hope you die
« Reply #442 on: April 20, 2013, 10:06:41 AM »
dude every part was so fucking good. You really cant watch just one part.

In someways it feels like this generations "Welcome to Hell"...

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #443 on: April 20, 2013, 10:40:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I've noticed that a lot of tricks in ads throughout the years weren't in the vid. Ex: Neen's heelfip down the gap Lenoce sw ollied, Dickson's overalls sw fs flip, etc.

I would've liked to see that heelflip too, but oh well. Ellington had a front board on a kinked rail in Deathwish ad that didn't make it in there either. Every trick from Greco's SLAP and Thrasher interview were in there, so I was hyped. Switch 360 flip down La Canada is no joke. He did a Rick flip down about a 10 stair just completely out of nowhere. Never seen him do that one before. He didn't have much coverage for a long time, except for an ad here and there and those two interviews. That's good because he was cooking up some special shit for this part and did not disappoint in any way whatsoever.

Greco did a backside 5050 on a 20 stair rail in the first Baker/Deathwish tour article that didn't make it in there. I wish I could find the photo of it. I think the rail is in Tulsa, OK.

Jon Dickson was really impressive though. He did a frontside halfcab and backside halfcab heelflip over the rail into the bank at this spot:

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #444 on: April 20, 2013, 11:48:38 AM »
every single part was sick as fuck. as much as i love jon dickson and im psyched to see him finally go pro greco should have had last part. my jaw was on the ground throughout his entire part. but yeah, i highly recommend going to a premiere and buying the video when you get a chance.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #445 on: April 20, 2013, 12:00:13 PM »
I got here late and am not going to go through 15 pages to see if anybody posted it, but HOLY FUCK for Slash's cab fakie nosegrind back to regular down clipper. My friend bought the DVD at dlx and we watched that shit and had to watch that trick a couple times to make sure it wasn't a noseslide. His truck locks in, and its fucking insane. That's some next level shit. I feel like a pussy for not even having 5050'd it yet after watching that. Gonna go in the next couple weeks and put it down I think. Thanks Slash!

Lizard is the best.

Neen's very presence cracks me up. Just showing him on the screen makes me laugh. He's a ripping skateboarder, but a completely ridiculous dude.

I don't get why Moose's ender was the 360 ollie down hollywood high, he made his name by doing it down a bigger set, over the rail, and in a high pressure situation at bust or bail, why one-down yourself for your ender, especially when you do better tricks throughout the part?

And I can confirm the Rumney/Kirby mixed part in the bonus section.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #446 on: April 20, 2013, 12:43:55 PM »
I got here late and am not going to go through 15 pages to see if anybody posted it, but HOLY FUCK for Slash's cab fakie nosegrind back to regular down clipper. My friend bought the DVD at dlx and we watched that shit and had to watch that trick a couple times to make sure it wasn't a noseslide. His truck locks in, and its fucking insane. That's some next level shit. I feel like a pussy for not even having 5050'd it yet after watching that. Gonna go in the next couple weeks and put it down I think. Thanks Slash!

Lizard is the best.

Neen's very presence cracks me up. Just showing him on the screen makes me laugh. He's a ripping skateboarder, but a completely ridiculous dude.

I don't get why Moose's ender was the 360 ollie down hollywood high, he made his name by doing it down a bigger set, over the rail, and in a high pressure situation at bust or bail, why one-down yourself for your ender, especially when you do better tricks throughout the part?

Moose was on Adio at the time. Deathwish and Adio shoes don't mix.. That was still one of the most fucked tricks to ever go down over the rila

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #447 on: April 20, 2013, 01:37:53 PM »

Lizard is the best.

It's fucking awesome.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #448 on: April 20, 2013, 01:56:31 PM »
Th3 next post better be a fukking video link, no more bullcrap

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #449 on: April 20, 2013, 02:06:30 PM »
yeah this is the most excited i have been since stay gold. before that it was baker 3.

i pre-ordered the video... do you guy's know if i will be able to watch this on itunes tonight right at 12? or will it not be till tomorrow?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts