Author Topic: The Deathwish Video  (Read 144480 times)

arcam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: The Deathwish Video
« Reply #540 on: April 21, 2013, 10:35:01 AM »
really good,
thanks deathwish crew

joebudden

• Rep: -51
« Reply #541 on: April 21, 2013, 10:38:01 AM »
fuck wutchall talkin bout

did yall niggas see FURBY's nollie flip down the gap trapasso kickflip tho

grecos nollie backside flip

mooses nollie heel back fiddy

ellington biggiefront board shuv

slashes back tail

ETC.....

STELLAR

trebb

• Rep: -7
« Reply #542 on: April 21, 2013, 10:42:04 AM »
Fuckin' sick video, cant wait to actually own a copy and see the bonus footy. Greco, Ellington and Neen had my favorite parts. I loved Lizards part too, good shit all around!!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #543 on: April 21, 2013, 12:01:02 PM »
Yes, I have a job. I also: pay rent, pay bills and pay for my car. Also, I recently shelled out more money than I would have ever wanted to on a new deck and a set of Street Tech Formula wheels at my local shop, so I've done my share of 'support' for this month. Furthermore you are a jackass. And if scientists want to legitimize the theory of evolution, they need to find the missing LINK, I'm sure it's out there. Does anyone know where I could find it? ...If you know what I mean. ;)

If you've done your share of support for this month, then you have also gotten your share of skateboarding products. It looks like you're going to have to wait until next month, and shell out a couple of bucks then.

Can we get a ban on this kid? I'm certain that spamming for links is one of the few things that the disclaimer guarantees a ban for, and on top of that he's here arguing with regular posters about his right to spam for a pirated version of the video. Fuck off and die.
And yes, we get it, you found another way to say link congratulations. Watch, I can do it too for what I want:
My favorite powell video is BAN THIS.
Remember when 2 live crew got in trouble for their album and released the song BANNED in the USA?
I enjoy ray BAN sunglasses
Enough with this kids attempt at witty BANter
I hope he slips on a BANana peal and dies.
I don't mean the kind of injury that just needs a BANNED-aid
I mean he should have the same amount of life left in his body as former cuBAN dictator Fidel Castro.
If he hung a BANdana out of his pants, I would hope it signified "Bottom who gets off on rape fantasies, don't ask, just violate me"
Coming up with stupid shitty unfunny puns is easy and doesn't add anything to the conversation, BAN this kid.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #544 on: April 21, 2013, 12:10:49 PM »
It really does just suck to come into a thread like this wanting to hear about the video and have the last three pages filled up with "5 post accounts" demanding links. It's not a huge deal to me, it's just fucking annoying.

im probably lying

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #545 on: April 21, 2013, 12:12:38 PM »
Yes, I have a job. I also: pay rent, pay bills and pay for my car. Also, I recently shelled out more money than I would have ever wanted to on a new deck and a set of Street Tech Formula wheels at my local shop, so I've done my share of 'support' for this month. Furthermore you are a jackass. And if scientists want to legitimize the theory of evolution, they need to find the missing LINK, I'm sure it's out there. Does anyone know where I could find it? ...If you know what I mean. ;)

good job man. keep on squirting tears.

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

Will Easley

« Reply #546 on: April 21, 2013, 01:03:44 PM »
man niggas been heatin the fuck outta Furby for the longest for all gauges, bad sponsor choices, blah blah blah but i think his part was super sick. his switchflip ender & that nollie flip down the 3 block between the tree were too fucking gnar. the switch backside flip at the beginning was ill too. ive always liked his skating even before he was on deathwish so im glad he brought his A-game. Same goes for Lizard King i remember seeing dude in the lil "check out" section in transworld back in like, 2007 or some shit so to see his career unfold since then has been rad to me. he be skating that high-impact weird shit which is kinda what i like to skate so i fucks wit it.

my nigga NEEN WILLIAMS HOLDING IT THE FUCK DOWN FOR THE MIDWEST. Dickson was super gnar too. that downhill half-cab across the grass gap was a jaw dropper to me. they doing us proud out here.

this was one of the few videos ive seen lately where its easy to watch the entire thing end to end & just enjoy the skating. not too much bullshit filler or lame ass skits just excellent skating with like, 5% quality hijinks. If the Plan-B video doesnt drop this year this will easily be the best vid of the year, to me anyways. ima more of a gap skater so the shit gets me psyched thats all there is to it.

Also that nigga P-Rod had the best looking front crooks ive ever seen in the friends section. man that shit couldn't have been better in any way shape or form. nigga was LOCKED IN
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:49:57 PM by Will Easley »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #547 on: April 21, 2013, 01:13:41 PM »
I am shocked and appalled that the phrase "green room" is absent from this video. Did anyone find it kind of funny that they forgot to put titles in Jon Dickson's part?

Lizard king is one of the only people who you really have no idea what he's going to do next.

Jim Greco's new Jeremy Klein phase fucking rules.

Surprised how much I dug Neen's part, his song was dope.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #548 on: April 21, 2013, 01:25:48 PM »
I am shocked and appalled that the phrase "green room" is absent from this video. Did anyone find it kind of funny that they forgot to put titles in Jon Dickson's part?

Lizard king is one of the only people who you really have no idea what he's going to do next.

Jim Greco's new Jeremy Klein phase fucking rules.

Surprised how much I dug Neen's part, his song was dope.
pretty sure it was on purpose

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #549 on: April 21, 2013, 01:29:51 PM »
I'm excited to see how many kids start doing darkslides now.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #550 on: April 21, 2013, 01:36:25 PM »
Yeah Furby's part was def one of the highlights, mostly because the song fitted so well.

The editing and music supervision was really top notch all the way.

thecrookiemonster

• Rep: -2
« Reply #551 on: April 21, 2013, 01:39:21 PM »
Ellington suprised me with his part have never been a huge fan but he had my favourite part shit was too ill

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #552 on: April 21, 2013, 01:40:01 PM »
Jim Greco's part is everything I could have ever hoped for  ;D

dustbastard

• Rep: -2
« Reply #553 on: April 21, 2013, 01:44:48 PM »
Good ass video all around,
the skating
tunes
editing
i'll buy a hardcopy when its out.

D.B. Cooper

• Rep: -6
« Reply #554 on: April 21, 2013, 01:58:08 PM »
Jon Dickson is ridiculous.  The handrail to grass gap attempt in the outro is one of the craziest things I've ever seen. 

captainfalcon69

• Rep: 15
« Reply #555 on: April 21, 2013, 01:58:29 PM »
my god slash's part was fucking HEAVY

Andrew

• Rep: -10
« Reply #556 on: April 21, 2013, 02:23:34 PM »
Some crazy spawn  of misled youth and this is skateboarding we have here
ieatemochilds

KP

• Rep: 16
« Reply #557 on: April 21, 2013, 03:15:58 PM »
best skate video in a looooong while

nutsack nipples

• Rep: 8
« Reply #558 on: April 21, 2013, 06:01:25 PM »
slash's part gave my chair speed wobbles

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #559 on: April 21, 2013, 06:22:27 PM »
Before I buy it on itunes what all is missing compared to the dvd version?
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

micky682

« Reply #560 on: April 21, 2013, 06:28:54 PM »
Watched it about 5 times now, truly a great skate video. Every trick is heavy, not one filler. Do you all think this might be the last true skate video? I mean it was filmed with a VX, took about 5 years, and was all skate no skits or acting involved (sorry Crailtap).

shit_for_brains

« Reply #561 on: April 21, 2013, 06:34:28 PM »
Lizard is the worst. Personal opinion, he's awful in every way.

Furby is smooth as can be, but the way they skate there's a minimal difference between him and Moose. I lost count of how many fakie/switch/nollie/whatever flips down ___ number of stairs there were. Furby had the best song in recent history.

Neen is all style.

Ellington was fucking amazing. Seeing Koston in awe at his ender was awesome.

Greco's best part? Maybe. The ender was incredible but it was on a flat rail in someone's back yard.

I forget who else there is.

Slash is so fucking good. I knew he was good but I didn't know he was that good. That crook pop out, you know the one, was amazing. Literally amazing.

Jon Dickson is super good and deserves the nod.

Will Easley

« Reply #562 on: April 21, 2013, 06:43:57 PM »
Watched it about 5 times now, truly a great skate video. Every trick is heavy, not one filler. Do you all think this might be the last true skate video? I mean it was filmed with a VX, took about 5 years, and was all skate no skits or acting involved (sorry Crailtap).

yeah ive watched it beginning to end twice now as well as rewatching certain parts even more. Seriously such a good movie, i just get more & more hyped watching it.

real talk i felt like i got ripped off when i bought pretty sweet. its got alot of good skating but the soundtrack was hella lame/contrived & outside of maybe 2-3 parts i really dont ever feel like watching it again. the DGK video was cool too but the skits were kinda "meh" as well with a couple shitty songs in there as well. this just pure skateboarding with a handful of "good times" hijinks and a very on point soundtrack. simplicity always works when done right.

other noteworthy tricks that im hyped on:

Ellington's triple set hardflip w/ major stokage
Moose varial heelflip crooks (always did that trick in skate)
John Dickson kickflip crooks down that red rail
Lizard King manual to big drop down to firecracker (wtf!?)
Greco switch tre down that set with red rail
Neen Heelflip back smith & PERFECT heelflip semi-ender
Ellingtons nollieflip off that big ledge over the water.
Slash gap to back tail that ledge on the wall
Reynolds ollie to frontside flip down those 3 & 4 blocks

sooooo much good shit in this video.

jrock92089

« Reply #563 on: April 21, 2013, 07:16:35 PM »
so what's on the dvd?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #564 on: April 21, 2013, 07:18:47 PM »
^^Adding to this list:
Jon Dickson's kickflip back tail that rail in the hallway, fucking hauling ass.
Herman's nosegrind stalefish, I was wondering where that footage was.
Lizard King's 50-50 to frontside grab, still not sure if he planned on grabbing it or not.

Greco's best part? Maybe. The ender was incredible but it was on a flat rail in someone's back yard.
I'm glad someone else pointed this out. I thought this was Greco's best part, easily, but where's everyone who was talking shit on Guy Mariano's six stair rail ender?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Jejenhausen

• Rep: -72
  • This is good news
« Reply #565 on: April 21, 2013, 07:22:25 PM »
I was lucky enough to be at a premiere with ellington, slash and dickson.

Its impossible to not be stoked on their parts, especially when you're having a beer with them.

I told ellington that I had ridiculously high expectations for his part and that I wasnt disappointed at all, and you could tell that he appreciated that.

Cant wait to buy the vid.

Fake Tits

« Reply #566 on: April 21, 2013, 07:24:00 PM »
^  i wish i was you.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #567 on: April 21, 2013, 07:34:10 PM »
So far I'm liking the video.  I don't normally like watching the baker/deathwish guys but this is pretty good.

Slash's kickflip 50-50 and Baca's mega ollie are my favorite tricks in the video, but Greco has my favorite part.  I don't understand how some of these guys fit in their pants though.
For Your Health

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #568 on: April 21, 2013, 08:07:26 PM »
^^Adding to this list:
Jon Dickson's kickflip back tail that rail in the hallway, fucking hauling ass.
Herman's nosegrind stalefish, I was wondering where that footage was.
Lizard King's 50-50 to frontside grab, still not sure if he planned on grabbing it or not.

Expand Quote
[close]
I'm glad someone else pointed this out. I thought this was Greco's best part, easily, but where's everyone who was talking shit on Guy Mariano's six stair rail ender?

Right here! I didn't like that part because there was too much flip in flip out the entire way through it and a switch 360 flip nosegrind is not a trick that I care to see or even think about. Greco's part was a perfect mix of everything and seeing him do five different darkslide variations in that part after having never done one in a part before is awesome. His trick selection is aging well along with him, rather than trying to progress further and further and further in technicality as he gets older, like Guy is doing.

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #569 on: April 21, 2013, 08:12:28 PM »
Is there bonus footage or anything extra on the DVD?