Author Topic: Battle at the Berrics 6  (Read 173935 times)

burm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
Re: Battle at the Berrics 6
« Reply #1380 on: June 03, 2013, 12:33:07 AM »
Halfcab Inward Heel is my go-to trick in Skate3
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1381 on: June 03, 2013, 12:35:28 AM »
im not going to spoil the winner but that was an insane game.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #1382 on: June 03, 2013, 12:38:19 AM »
Hah at Koston taking a phone call as Paul is about to try his last trick.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1383 on: June 03, 2013, 12:40:23 AM »
Great last game at least. And PJ getting both Haroshi trophies....lucky mother fucker. Dude should be retired from this shit.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ben3350

• Rep: -156
« Reply #1384 on: June 03, 2013, 12:49:35 AM »
damn I wanted p-rod to win over pj. but honestly not a huge fan of either. I would have been more happy with mike mo or shane.

I've always wanted koston, cole, cromer, or someone newer to win instead of the usual. I don't really give a shit about pj ladd or p-rod or any of the usuals.

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #1385 on: June 03, 2013, 12:52:45 AM »
That was amazing.

But Shane is still the best. That switch bigspin double flip. Amazing.

Will Easley

« Reply #1386 on: June 03, 2013, 12:54:19 AM »
That was a battle of the giants right down to the wire. Gotta take your hats off to both of em that shit was epic!

Sondor

• Rep: 60
« Reply #1387 on: June 03, 2013, 12:57:59 AM »
I liked Jimmy Carlin in this

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #1388 on: June 03, 2013, 12:59:10 AM »
damn I wanted p-rod to win over pj. but honestly not a huge fan of either. I would have been more happy with mike mo or shane.

I've always wanted koston, cole, cromer, or someone newer to win instead of the usual. I don't really give a shit about pj ladd or p-rod or any of the usuals.

Cole already won one.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Will Easley

« Reply #1389 on: June 03, 2013, 01:03:13 AM »

taking off his clothes & dancing as the crowd reacted to that clutch fakie 540 flip was seriously the lamest shit I've seen in a while. Holy fuck that was embarrassing. Dude wants attention that bad? wow.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:08:19 AM by Will Easley »

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #1390 on: June 03, 2013, 01:08:07 AM »
Shit PJ took it out again! Epic champ battle.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1391 on: June 03, 2013, 01:45:13 AM »
koston on the phone during prods last attempt? nike heads calling "dude, that boston guy cannot win. we put money in there."

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #1392 on: June 03, 2013, 03:09:41 AM »
Someone tell me the brand of P-Rod's cap....
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1393 on: June 03, 2013, 03:20:35 AM »
#falseflag sombreros

Stolen Darkness

• Rep: -3
    • Candy Shop Skate Co. avatar image
« Reply #1394 on: June 03, 2013, 04:44:19 AM »
So. Glad. PJ won.

Paul rolled so slow for half his his sets.

But honestly, Shane is prob the best to have ever entered a BATB.

I love Ladd way more, but I think Shane would have done him dirty. Shame he threw the P. rod game.I mean...got nervous.;

www.candyshopskateco.com $35 Boards. Made in East Coast.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #1395 on: June 03, 2013, 05:34:01 AM »
Now that was a championship match.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
« Reply #1396 on: June 03, 2013, 05:47:24 AM »
That game was unreal!  Prod and PJ played excellent games.  Did Pj do that fakie laser flip earlier in the match?  I didn't see it.

Twig88

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1397 on: June 03, 2013, 06:02:20 AM »
It was good, but shane was the best, he clearly isn't great at dealing with comp pressure in general, i happen to think that's rad. P-Rod probably has an awful style, don't get me wrong he is amazing, but doing the hardest tricks all rigid at snails pace is still weak.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #1398 on: June 03, 2013, 06:25:20 AM »
That little kid at the end of the game looked so uncomfortable, hahaha.
That's because he knew what was coming after the birthday celebration: hours locked in a dimly lit room being forced to read pamphlets on Xenu.

As for the final game, it was one of the better games of skate I've had the pleasure of watching. All of P-Rod's tricks looked clean and on point. Seemed PJ was a bit sketchier than usual, lots of dragging toes and tic tac's on tricks, but dude is a fucking beast at flatground.
Pretty hyped to see J-Rog in the back, cheering like a cheerleader towards the end. Wonder who he was routing for since he's good homies with both of them, hah.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1399 on: June 03, 2013, 06:32:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
and of course the pressure of the finals kills shane's perfect season at the berrics. this is the first time ive ever not been excited for the finals. i could literally give two fucks if pj or paul wins, which really suck because ive watchd every one of these games and was on the edge of my seat for most of em and now it just ends with these sorry ass matches cuz everyones nervous and the same damn people going into the finals is turning something amazing into something a little more mundane

i think they should make it best 2 outa 3 next time so the matches last a little longer, and it evens out the skill level a little more
[close]

your tripping

PJ v.s. P Rod game is gonna be insane! Boohoo you have to watch two of the best skaters alive play a game of skate.
[close]

isnt this the third time theyve played eachother in the finals? sure, theyre both good but whats so insane about a game of skate that weve already seen? twice.

i was way wrong. that was a great game.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #1400 on: June 03, 2013, 06:45:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

taking off his clothes & dancing as the crowd reacted to that clutch fakie 540 flip was seriously the lamest shit I've seen in a while. Holy fuck that was embarrassing. Dude wants attention that bad? wow.
I'm more uncomfortable by the fact that I actually once thought Jimmy Carlin was funny.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #1401 on: June 03, 2013, 06:48:57 AM »
That game was unreal!  Prod and PJ played excellent games.  Did Pj do that fakie laser flip earlier in the match?  I didn't see it.

at about 4.15 :)

SkateStains

• Rep: -8
« Reply #1402 on: June 03, 2013, 07:35:19 AM »
Gold foiled nike t's and a leopard skin hat.. Yikes.

I always thought if you re-did your trick ( fakie laser) then you forfeit your turn??
Bryan "Slash" Cranston

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1403 on: June 03, 2013, 07:36:53 AM »
A friend of mine who has next to zero knowledge about skateboarding just sent me this asking if I'd ever heard of BATB. 

Did anyone else know that The Wall Street Journal (of all the mainstream media outlets, hahaha) did this article on BATB?  So fucking weird.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123568608719787029.html
This isn't the first article they've done on it.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Alex

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1404 on: June 03, 2013, 07:55:21 AM »
?hasnt shane gotten 3rd place in just about every one of these? hes like jennifer lopez in that movie about always beiong a bridesmaid and never a bride i think.?

I love that someone in this forum is candid enough to reference J.Lo?s oeuvre like that.

Ha, I honestly forgot about the theme too. They didn?t even mention in the victory proceedings, did they? I can?t say with authority; I skipped through bits of the ?and the winner is? portion, brushing my teeth in front of the computer and late for work. For my harried morning, I blame SB (cool nickname, dude) for not posting the matches earlier. I hope you milked those page refreshes for everything that 2,500-foot NYJAH sign is worth.

I think Shane was able to tear through MikeMo less because he regained his composure and more because Mo just gave up, which was really disappointing to see. Mo, you?ve slouched in every other aspect of your career (one of the coolest, corest shoe brands-->arguably, the lamest shoe brand; amazing breakout part-->decent, but still a letdown follow-up part). All you were reliable for was killing flatground. It?s pretty lame that you got too cool for school once winning was no longer a possibility. Perhaps his supposed injury took hold when he landed on something wrong; but I?m still pretty disappointed the once-16-year-old phenom that could do no wrong.

Back to SB, I can?t stand his cheekiness. You?re so psyched to bestow this uncomfortable kid with birthday joy, but you can?t even try to sing ?Happy Birthday? in tune? Either you?re an asshole for that, or you suck at singing (which I also am happy to make fun of you for).

Great finals game though. Sure, they roll slow and seem to skate for consistency more than style, but it was still a great nail-biter. I?m definitely more psyched on a PJ than P.Rod victory because of the brands they rep. (Of course, they both skate for Plan B?that?s irrelevant. Looking at everyone?s t-shirts, it?s clear that footwear is a marquee skater?s bread and butter. Maybe we should also consider headwear, which implies X-tReMely caffeinated piss-drinks are top-dog). Sure, they both skate for footwear giants, but I?d rather have the little Big Guy succeed than the Big Big Guy.

Miscellaneous, unfortunate behavior:

Jimmy Carlin: nearly-naked antics were funny the first time you did them. Many iterations later and a couple pounds heavier, it?s just a tired grab for attention. Of course, I must acknowledge that you?ve got some moves (and about this I?m serious?I love dancing).

Reda: Fuck you for bowing to Hiroshi all tongue-and-cheek-like. If you?re gonna appropriate the cultural practice of a guy who?s in the middle of presenting an incredible trophy (that that guy masterfully handcrafted), don?t mock that guy?s culture. And speaking of that trophy, I?d bet that wasn?t Hiroshi design. Left to his own creative devices, I?m sure he woulda carved out something cooler than a hand giving the bird.

johntsunami

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1405 on: June 03, 2013, 08:08:25 AM »
if u do the same trick that should take away ur turn.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #1406 on: June 03, 2013, 08:10:30 AM »
Crazy clutches in this one.
I love it how the crowd goes from dead to apeshit when PJ and PRod landed their tricks. Reminded me about the Wallenberg contests when crowd blew up when tricks got landed.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #1407 on: June 03, 2013, 08:11:11 AM »
Anyone else notice how PJ seemed to have predicted the roshambo in this here championship match and in the semi finals against Mo? It seems he's been doing his homework on his victims. Dude's a killer.

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #1408 on: June 03, 2013, 08:21:37 AM »
if u do the same trick that should take away ur turn.

well when you do like every trick it gets hard to remember

perhaps in the games you play when you can hardly make 5 tricks, this rule should apply

Yu Dum

« Reply #1409 on: June 03, 2013, 08:40:46 AM »
?hasnt shane gotten 3rd place in just about every one of these? hes like jennifer lopez in that movie about always beiong a bridesmaid and never a bride i think.?

I love that someone in this forum is candid enough to reference J.Lo?s oeuvre like that.

Ha, I honestly forgot about the theme too. They didn?t even mention in the victory proceedings, did they? I can?t say with authority; I skipped through bits of the ?and the winner is? portion, brushing my teeth in front of the computer and late for work. For my harried morning, I blame SB (cool nickname, dude) for not posting the matches earlier. I hope you milked those page refreshes for everything that 2,500-foot NYJAH sign is worth.

I think Shane was able to tear through MikeMo less because he regained his composure and more because Mo just gave up, which was really disappointing to see. Mo, you?ve slouched in every other aspect of your career (one of the coolest, corest shoe brands-->arguably, the lamest shoe brand; amazing breakout part-->decent, but still a letdown follow-up part). All you were reliable for was killing flatground. It?s pretty lame that you got too cool for school once winning was no longer a possibility. Perhaps his supposed injury took hold when he landed on something wrong; but I?m still pretty disappointed the once-16-year-old phenom that could do no wrong.

Back to SB, I can?t stand his cheekiness. You?re so psyched to bestow this uncomfortable kid with birthday joy, but you can?t even try to sing ?Happy Birthday? in tune? Either you?re an asshole for that, or you suck at singing (which I also am happy to make fun of you for).

Great finals game though. Sure, they roll slow and seem to skate for consistency more than style, but it was still a great nail-biter. I?m definitely more psyched on a PJ than P.Rod victory because of the brands they rep. (Of course, they both skate for Plan B?that?s irrelevant. Looking at everyone?s t-shirts, it?s clear that footwear is a marquee skater?s bread and butter. Maybe we should also consider headwear, which implies X-tReMely caffeinated piss-drinks are top-dog). Sure, they both skate for footwear giants, but I?d rather have the little Big Guy succeed than the Big Big Guy.

Miscellaneous, unfortunate behavior:

Jimmy Carlin: nearly-naked antics were funny the first time you did them. Many iterations later and a couple pounds heavier, it?s just a tired grab for attention. Of course, I must acknowledge that you?ve got some moves (and about this I?m serious?I love dancing).

Reda: Fuck you for bowing to Hiroshi all tongue-and-cheek-like. If you?re gonna appropriate the cultural practice of a guy who?s in the middle of presenting an incredible trophy (that that guy masterfully handcrafted), don?t mock that guy?s culture. And speaking of that trophy, I?d bet that wasn?t Hiroshi design. Left to his own creative devices, I?m sure he woulda carved out something cooler than a hand giving the bird.